Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-17-2009, 12:46 PM   #811
aaaateamsgrandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
Go ahead and vent Mel 'cause I am about to too.

My mother just called. She is on her way to the hospital. She's been dizzy for a while now and they sent her to get some tests run this morning. The radiologist called her doctor and came back and told her that she needed to go to straight to the hospital because she had a blockage. When she asked if she could go home first, they said no.

I don't know just how serious it is because her doctor has this little "problem" of thinking before he speaks. He's really nice but he says things with a tinge of "drama". Like last week when he told her to see an ortho doctor for her toe that was drawing up. He told her the ortho was probably going to take her toe off. The ortho gave her a little thing to put in her shoe.....no talk of toe removal.

I asked Mama if I needed to come to the hospital and she said my oldest sister is on her way. Since there are three of us girls, we try to take shifts of who goes to the hospital. Of course, if they do surgery, then I'll be there in a heartbeat. It's hard to just sit here and wait but if I went there Mama would be freaking out because I am missing work. That's just her way of thinking. So, it's best to just wait and see what's happening next.

I'll keep ya'll updated.

Lisa
Lisa, I'm so sorry about your mom. I hope they think they found the problem tho. That is the main thing. Sounds kinda like the carotid stenosis I was telling you about. Please know all of us dissisters are praying for your mom right now. You know when we get together things happen.

You know we want to be kept posted but if you can't don't worry. We will be here when you can.

Take care of yourself. So much on your plate today.

Ginny

Follow this link to see my TR. Rain, Surprise Birthdays, Rain, First Visits and did I mention Rain?

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2211283&
Old 09-17-2009, 01:23 PM   #812
MICKEY4EVER!
Are we there yet?

Bless you, Lisa. You've had a horrible week. Lots of prayers are going out for your mother. HE is good, so it's easy to trust in HIM. And I know you do!

Keep us posted when you hear anything.

"The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you."

"You can't keep trouble from visitin, but you don't have to offer it no chair."
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-17-2009, 01:58 PM   #813
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

First off, I apologize that I am not thanking all of your direcctly for your prayers and thoughts. I really do appreciate them.

One of my sisters just called. Mama has been checked in and is in a room at our local hospital.

They know that Mama has a blockage in her neck but they don't know the percentage. A surgeon has been called and he will be seeing her today. Before anything can be done, they will do another ultra sound, blood work and some x-rays. This is all supposed to be accomplished today but I don't know that I believe it because it's already almost 1:00 p.m. I am keeping my fingers crossed that they do get it done quickly.

After the tests are done, they'll make a plan.

I'll update again as soon as I can.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 09-17-2009, 02:11 PM   #814
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Oh Lisa, I'm so sorry about your mom. She will be in our prayers. Please keep us updated when you have time.
Old 09-17-2009, 02:13 PM   #815
aaaateamsgrandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
First off, I apologize that I am not thanking all of your direcctly for your prayers and thoughts. I really do appreciate them.

One of my sisters just called. Mama has been checked in and is in a room at our local hospital.

They know that Mama has a blockage in her neck but they don't know the percentage. A surgeon has been called and he will be seeing her today. Before anything can be done, they will do another ultra sound, blood work and some x-rays. This is all supposed to be accomplished today but I don't know that I believe it because it's already almost 1:00 p.m. I am keeping my fingers crossed that they do get it done quickly.

After the tests are done, they'll make a plan.

I'll update again as soon as I can.

Thank you for the update Lisa. You know we will keep our prayers going for your mom and you. It is amazing what a hospital can get done when needed.

Ginny

Follow this link to see my TR. Rain, Surprise Birthdays, Rain, First Visits and did I mention Rain?

Old 09-17-2009, 02:16 PM   #816
figment41
Mouseketeer

Smile

We are all praying for your mom.

Best wishes

Old 09-17-2009, 02:26 PM   #817
Pikester
DIS Veteran

Prayers for your Mom!

She sounds a lot like my Grandmother. That woman did not tell anyone anything that was going on her with her health so that we wouldn't be "bothered". Or, she would downplay the situation so we wouldn't fuss.

Old 09-17-2009, 02:30 PM   #818
vladimir10
Mouseketeer

Lisa, I am sorry your mother is ill. You and your family are in all our thoughts.

vladimir10 (dad) Previous Trips - 1984, 1997, 1999, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012
vet1999 (mom) Previous Trips - 1994,1997, 1999, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012
jc (son, 6 yrs old) Previous Trips - 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012
Next Trip: DCL August 2013
Old 09-17-2009, 04:10 PM   #819
aprilisis

Earning My Ears

I'm so sorry, Lisa- what a week you are having!! I will be thinking of you, your mom, and your family.
Old 09-17-2009, 04:25 PM   #820
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Again, sorry for not personally responding to everybody. I still appreciate every single one of your prayers! We know that they work.

Now, on to the latest update. I called my Mama at the hospital. She has a 100% blockage in one of the arteries in her neck. But, the good news is, she still has blood flow up to her brain and back down through other arteries. Meaning, stroke risk plummeted. Hallelujah! Amen!

Tomorrow morning, they will do an angiogram (spelling?) and will look at her liver (she has a fatty liver which is being treated), her kidneys, lungs, heart and brain. Once that is done, they'll know what plan of action to take.

The doctor actually said that they may not do anything. We'll just have to wait and see.

Thanks again for your prayers!

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 09-17-2009, 04:31 PM   #821
vladimir10
Mouseketeer

Good Luck!

Tell your mama she is in all our thoughts. And you don't have to apologize for not responding to everyone, your life is in turmoil. It is very nice you keep us informed. Thanks.

vladimir10 (dad) Previous Trips - 1984, 1997, 1999, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012
vet1999 (mom) Previous Trips - 1994,1997, 1999, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012
jc (son, 6 yrs old) Previous Trips - 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012
Next Trip: DCL August 2013
Old 09-17-2009, 04:33 PM   #822
aaaateamsgrandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Again, sorry for not personally responding to everybody. I still appreciate every single one of your prayers! We know that they work.

Now, on to the latest update. I called my Mama at the hospital. She has a 100% blockage in one of the arteries in her neck. But, the good news is, she still has blood flow up to her brain and back down through other arteries. Meaning, stroke risk plummeted. Hallelujah! Amen!

Tomorrow morning, they will do an angiogram (spelling?) and will look at her liver (she has a fatty liver which is being treated), her kidneys, lungs, heart and brain. Once that is done, they'll know what plan of action to take.

The doctor actually said that they may not do anything. We'll just have to wait and see.

Thanks again for your prayers!
Wonderful news Lisa. I know you feel so much better. The plan sounds good according to Dr. Ginny. Seems like I know a lot of people with fatty liver disease. Sure is strange that you hear of is so much anymore.

The prayers will continue. Take a deep breath.

Ginny

Old 09-17-2009, 04:49 PM   #823
MICKEY4EVER!
Are we there yet?

Glad to hear the good news. I know a big weight has just been lifted from your shoulders. God Bless You!

"The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you."

"You can't keep trouble from visitin, but you don't have to offer it no chair."
Old 09-17-2009, 04:52 PM   #824
deedeew80
Dreaming of My Prince

Lisa, sorry to hear about your mom. But glad to hear the "good" news! I will be keeping her & your family in my prayers!

Old 09-17-2009, 04:58 PM   #825
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Lisa, we exchanged PM's, but want you to know I'll be keeping your mom in my prayers.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: