Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-16-2009, 07:21 PM   #796
racefanof88
DIS Veteran

I'm glad to hear your boss' Mom is doing so well. I'm sorry about his friends daughter. That is so sad.

We have never done the add on stuff for our tickets. In '08 we went in May and they had the water parks and more as free add ons so we got it free. We went to Disney Quest and wasn't impressed, but we did like Typhoon Lagoon. If we had to pay for the add ons we wouldn't do it. We do get the park hoppers though because we like to go to different parks during the time.

24 TRIPS AND COUNTING
Old 09-16-2009, 08:44 PM   #797
longing2Batdisney
DIS Veteran

Hey! Lisa
whew when you spend the day time away you end up three pages behind!!!

1st things first: I'm soo happy your bosses mom did great!
2nd: I can understand that young man bringing his mom, dad, OR grandmom to the appointment; but, not everyone! no matter how old you are, when it is something that important you should always have another set of ears with you (we always make sure we have two when we go to the doctor--just cause you're so upset and might miss something) that being said...they screwed up --I can't believe they went see another attorney and still believed that two attornies were going to help him (and not from the same practice or even field ) I can't help but feel sorry for the kid!
3rd: we plan to do the hoppers only this coming year! w/o all the extras. The kids went to the waterparks but we wasted that $50 a ticket last go round. Dayne would like to do something extra this next trip! I'm kinda thinking of the R. Petty race experience; if we go after June both Danny & Dayne could do the works if we go before Dayne will at least be able to ride!
BTW: I would love to do that tour "Behind the scenes" hmmmm maybe the next trip need to pull out the calculator to see when that would be!

OK! now on to the rest of the story: as always fun update!!! the Living Seas/Nemo was dead like that when we visited it was actually kinda of earie! I always noticed how pretty Lacey's eyes were but the one in the shell you can really see how are BLUE eyes sparkle!!! and OMG Hunter's lashes are they long enough!

Have a great evening and day tomorrow!

Last edited by longing2Batdisney; 09-16-2009 at 08:49 PM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-16-2009, 08:45 PM   #798
longing2Batdisney
DIS Veteran

OH! and KUDOS to you for being very PROFESSIONAL with the grandmother and the family!
Old 09-16-2009, 09:44 PM   #799
aaaateamsgrandma
DIS Veteran

Glad to hear boss' mom is doing well. Prayer is awesome. Hope your day went well after the awful news you had to pass on. That poor family. Too sad.

My boss def. needs some time away from me or me him. Not sure but eek. I'm leaving work at noon on Friday for sure. I've got tons of stuff to do to get ready and I don't want him to give me one more project before the weekend.

Have a great Thursday.

Follow this link to see my TR. Rain, Surprise Birthdays, Rain, First Visits and did I mention Rain?

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2211283&
Old 09-16-2009, 10:11 PM   #800
Angies1274
DIS Veteran

Hi Lisa!!

Just catching up again!! Somehow, I got 5 pages behind.

Great update!! The pictures of Lacey and Hunter in Bruce's mouth are too cute!!!

I'm so glad that everything went well with your boss's mom!! But, I'm so sorry that you had to pass on such sad news.

Old 09-17-2009, 01:14 AM   #801
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
Where did they rent the searaycers from? And, do you remember the cost?

I know for a fact that John would be a speed demon. I, on the other hand, would be too scared. Hunter will probably ride with his dad because I'd be too slow pokey for him.
They rented them from WL. We were there for the day b/c the Meadows pool was undergoing its remodel so we had use of the WL pool. I know we had a voucher for getting 90 minutes at the 60 minute cost (or 60 for 30?) but, ugh, I don't recall the price. It was not inexpensive, that much I recall. I have the receipt somewhere though, I'll try to dig OR I think they have those rates posted somewhere on the Fort camping board as its all the same pricing structure. I'll dig, I know I have the info somewhere, as well as what our voucher actually was!

You could go get a massage while they "race" I highly recommend the WL fitness center for a massage!
Old 09-17-2009, 01:37 AM   #802
rndmr2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Prayers have been answered! My boss' mother had her surgery this morning and it was completely successful! She is already awake and in the recovery room. I'll update throughout the day as I hear more. Thank you all so very much for all the prayers!
That's great news, hope she has a quick recovery

8/1985--Days Inn Sand Lake Rd, 8/1987-- Wilson World, 12/1987-- Contemporary, 8/1989-- Caribbean Beach, 12/1989-- Port Orleans (now POFQ), 7/1990-- Caribbean Beach, 6/1991-- Carribbean Beach (Senior Week!), 8/1992-- Port Orleans (Now POFQ), 9/1995--All Star Music, August 1998-- Dixie Landings -Alligator Bayou (now PO Riverside), 7/1999-- All Star Movies, 11/2004-- Pop Century, 5/2010 POR Magnolia Bend, 5/2011 Saratoga Springs Resort
Old 09-17-2009, 01:53 AM   #803
EastYorkDisneyFan
DIS Veteran

I just want to jump in and say I would go with the Steam Train Tour as I have done it twice, but I would only do that if you are into Trains. Also that is if they are running it again, they stopped for awhile because of the Monorail investigation.

You can dream, create, design and build the most wonderful place in the world, but it takes people to make the dream a reality.
- Walt Disney
Old 09-17-2009, 10:07 AM   #804
jinia
"For the better part of my childhood, my professional aspirations were simple - I wanted to be an intergalatic princess." Janet Evanovich

I am glad your boss' mom is doing well! I am loving your TR! I was happy to read that I wasn't the only one who had to look at the kids menu before I decided on ADR's.
Old 09-17-2009, 10:14 AM   #805
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Just have a few minutes. I'll come back and reply after work. Boss' sister called. Their mother's prognosis is very good. So good in fact that they didn't even put a stint in. Their mother is already talking about coming home.
AWESEOME news, Lisa.

Back to the parasailing for a moment, you indicated Hunter wasn't old enough. You have to be over the age of 6. He could do tandem with John.
http://sammyduvall.com/parasailing.htm It's just a thought.
Old 09-17-2009, 10:35 AM   #806
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Hey all my Dis friends! Just wanted to say hello.

I've got to get a few things off my desk before the boss drags in this morning. He said he hasn't been sleeping well the last couple of nights because he's been so worried. I don't blame him.

I am trying to get him to take the day off tomorrow but I don't think he will. Since his parents' house (they live in the other part of this old once-was a hotel) is right next door, it's just as easy to come to work and he can still check on his dad. I may offer to go over and check on Mr. Paul myself. I really need to get him out of her or I'm going to lose my what little mind I have right now.

Be back in a little while.

Lisa

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 09-17-2009, 10:37 AM   #807
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Oh, and apparently, photobucket and I were having "issues" again yesterday and last night. I am, literally, right now, uploading pictures because the ones I thought I uploaded before aren't there any more!

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!

Old 09-17-2009, 10:53 AM   #808
MICKEY4EVER!
Are we there yet?

Must be the week for bosses. Mine's driving me -. Arg! She's hovering, A LOT. Every time I turn around, she's in my office, just hanging out, or in the hallway. And if anyone comes to speak to me or chat, she pops up and interrupts the conversation. No one even wants to approach me anymore b/c she's always there, butting in. And if she's not IN my office, she's calling me on the phone, to talk about NOTHING. And one more thing: it's my job to answer the phone every time it rings. If I'm busy or on the line, the boss is the back up. Well, every time phone rings this morning, she grabs it before I can pick it up. And I've already picked it up before I realize that boss lady has already got it. Just having one of those weeks where I have no patience.

Sorry for whining. Needed to vent there. I feel better now!

I'm sorry for your photobucket issues. It makes you want to pull your hair out sometimes, huh???

"The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you."

"You can't keep trouble from visitin, but you don't have to offer it no chair."
Old 09-17-2009, 12:42 PM   #809
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Go ahead and vent Mel 'cause I am about to too.

My mother just called. She is on her way to the hospital. She's been dizzy for a while now and they sent her to get some tests run this morning. The radiologist called her doctor and came back and told her that she needed to go to straight to the hospital because she had a blockage. When she asked if she could go home first, they said no.

I don't know just how serious it is because her doctor has this little "problem" of thinking before he speaks. He's really nice but he says things with a tinge of "drama". Like last week when he told her to see an ortho doctor for her toe that was drawing up. He told her the ortho was probably going to take her toe off. The ortho gave her a little thing to put in her shoe.....no talk of toe removal.

I asked Mama if I needed to come to the hospital and she said my oldest sister is on her way. Since there are three of us girls, we try to take shifts of who goes to the hospital. Of course, if they do surgery, then I'll be there in a heartbeat. It's hard to just sit here and wait but if I went there Mama would be freaking out because I am missing work. That's just her way of thinking. So, it's best to just wait and see what's happening next.

I'll keep ya'll updated.

Lisa

Old 09-17-2009, 12:44 PM   #810
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Go ahead and vent Mel 'cause I am about to too.

My mother just called. She is on her way to the hospital. She's been dizzy for a while now and they sent her to get some tests run this morning. The radiologist called her doctor and came back and told her that she needed to go to straight to the hospital because she had a blockage. When she asked if she could go home first, they said no.

I don't know just how serious it is because her doctor has this little "problem" of thinking before he speaks. He's really nice but he says things with a tinge of "drama". Like last week when he told her to see an ortho doctor for her toe that was drawing up. He told her the ortho was probably going to take her toe off. The ortho gave her a little thing to put in her shoe.....no talk of toe removal.

I asked Mama if I needed to come to the hospital and she said my oldest sister is on her way. Since there are three of us girls, we try to take shifts of who goes to the hospital. Of course, if they do surgery, then I'll be there in a heartbeat. It's hard to just sit here and wait but if I went there Mama would be freaking out because I am missing work. That's just her way of thinking. So, it's best to just wait and see what's happening next.

I'll keep ya'll updated.

Lisa

You've had one up and down week, Lisa. Prayers for mama.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: