Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-16-2009, 11:35 AM   #781
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

I'm going to work on another photobucket account at lunch. I just refuse to pay $20 + dollars to upgrade when I can just open another account. Cheap? Yep! Saving those Disney dollars....what can I say?

Anyway, I have a question that maybe some of you can answer. We are thinking about buying just base tickets this go round. I'd take the money we saved by not buying the water parks and more option and we'd do something new this year.

I'm thinking maybe: 1) renting some kind of watercraft from one of the deluxe resorts so we could take a spin around Seven Seas Lagoon; 2) going horseback riding at Fort Wilderness; or 3) Steam Train tour.

Have any of you rented the watercraft, gone horseback riding or done the Steam Train tour? I'd also be open to other suggestions.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 09-16-2009, 12:06 PM   #782
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
I'm going to work on another photobucket account at lunch. I just refuse to pay $20 + dollars to upgrade when I can just open another account. Cheap? Yep! Saving those Disney dollars....what can I say?

Anyway, I have a question that maybe some of you can answer. We are thinking about buying just base tickets this go round. I'd take the money we saved by not buying the water parks and more option and we'd do something new this year.

I'm thinking maybe: 1) renting some kind of watercraft from one of the deluxe resorts so we could take a spin around Seven Seas Lagoon; 2) going horseback riding at Fort Wilderness; or 3) Steam Train tour.

Have any of you rented the watercraft, gone horseback riding or done the Steam Train tour? I'd also be open to other suggestions.
I don't blame you, I won't pay the $20 either! Or even 99 cents for unlimited monthly time on Pandora. I'll just listen to something else until Oct. lol.

We skipped the water park option (though did get hoppers) this last trip. DH and DSS16 rented the searaycers and rode them all around seven seas. The liked it but had to rent 2 as it wouldn't move with both of them on one and they still thought they were slow. But they are speed demons!

What they really liked was seeing and exploring things from the lake. Of course, they didn't take any pictures
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-16-2009, 01:09 PM   #783
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
I don't blame you, I won't pay the $20 either! Or even 99 cents for unlimited monthly time on Pandora. I'll just listen to something else until Oct. lol.

We skipped the water park option (though did get hoppers) this last trip. DH and DSS16 rented the searaycers and rode them all around seven seas. The liked it but had to rent 2 as it wouldn't move with both of them on one and they still thought they were slow. But they are speed demons!

What they really liked was seeing and exploring things from the lake. Of course, they didn't take any pictures
Where did they rent the searaycers from? And, do you remember the cost?

I know for a fact that John would be a speed demon. I, on the other hand, would be too scared. Hunter will probably ride with his dad because I'd be too slow pokey for him.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!

Old 09-16-2009, 01:12 PM   #784
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Lisa, we did the searaycers many, many years ago with the boys at the Contemporary. It was really a lot of fun and you could see so much. I don't remember the cost...but I'm sure it has gone up in price. Are your son and hubby adventurous? Andy went parasailing with his then girlfriend in 2004 at the Contemporary and they had a blast (they went tandem).
Old 09-16-2009, 01:32 PM   #785
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Lisa, we did the searaycers many, many years ago with the boys at the Contemporary. It was really a lot of fun and you could see so much. I don't remember the cost...but I'm sure it has gone up in price. Are your son and hubby adventurous? Andy went parasailing with his then girlfriend in 2004 at the Contemporary and they had a blast (they went tandem).
I thought about the parasailing but Hunter's not old enough. He would love to do it though.

Old 09-16-2009, 01:32 PM   #786
MICKEY4EVER!
Are we there yet?

Quote:
Prayers have been answered! My boss' mother had her surgery this morning and it was completely successful! She is already awake and in the recovery room. I'll update throughout the day as I hear more. Thank you all so very much for all the prayers!
So wonderful to hear the good news. I know your boss is so relieved right now.

I don't blame you. I wouldn't pay the upgrade fee on Photobucket, either. Disney dollars are much more important, and you've gotta be saving yours b/c you'll be in there again in about eight months!

"The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you."

"You can't keep trouble from visitin, but you don't have to offer it no chair."
Old 09-16-2009, 01:34 PM   #787
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Just when you think your day may actually be going pretty well.....crap happens. A man called this afternoon to check on my boss' mother and he tells me thank you and to mention to the family that his daughter died last night. I asked if I needed to have them call him back. He said no.

When my boss came back from lunch, I told him the guy's name and that he was calling to check on his mother and to tell them that his daughter had died. My boss was devastated. I absolutely HATE breaking that kind of news. I HATE IT!

Old 09-16-2009, 01:36 PM   #788
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MICKEY4EVER! View Post
So wonderful to hear the good news. I know your boss is so relieved right now.

I don't blame you. I wouldn't pay the upgrade fee on Photobucket, either. Disney dollars are much more important, and you've gotta be saving yours b/c you'll be in there again in about eight months!
He was very relieved. But then, this afternoon, I had to break the news to him that a friend of the family died last night. I hate doing that kind of thing!

Old 09-16-2009, 01:37 PM   #789
aaaateamsgrandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Just when you think your day may actually be going pretty well.....crap happens. A man called this afternoon to check on my boss' mother and he tells me thank you and to mention to the family that his daughter died last night. I asked if I needed to have them call him back. He said no.

When my boss came back from lunch, I told him the guy's name and that he was calling to check on his mother and to tell them that his daughter had died. My boss was devastated. I absolutely HATE breaking that kind of news. I HATE IT!
How sad for this man. How sad you had to be the one to tell your boss. One would think with something that personal he wouldl have wanted to speak with him direct.

I am not good a breaking bad news to anyone either. Have a better afternoon,

Follow this link to see my TR. Rain, Surprise Birthdays, Rain, First Visits and did I mention Rain?

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2211283&
Old 09-16-2009, 01:52 PM   #790
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
He was very relieved. But then, this afternoon, I had to break the news to him that a friend of the family died last night. I hate doing that kind of thing!
I know how awful this is to do, Lisa. I remember many years ago when one of the partners here at the firm died. He was the best friend (they were like brothers) of my boss; they had been partners for 50 years. He was at a board meeting in the building auditorium and I had to go give him the news immediately. I had to literally help him to sit down in a chair because I was afraid he was going to collapse on me (he's 83 now and was about 72 or 73 when this happened).
Old 09-16-2009, 03:25 PM   #791
aaaateamsgrandma
DIS Veteran

Just checking to see if there is any news on boss man's mama. Hope your afternoon is doing well

Follow this link to see my TR. Rain, Surprise Birthdays, Rain, First Visits and did I mention Rain?

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2211283&
Old 09-16-2009, 03:32 PM   #792
MICKEY4EVER!
Are we there yet?

Quote:
I'm sorry you had to be the one to do that. What an awful thing to lose your child. So sad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaaateamsgrandma View Post
How sad for this man. How sad you had to be the one to tell your boss. One would think with something that personal he wouldl have wanted to speak with him direct.

I am not good a breaking bad news to anyone either. Have a better afternoon,
I would have thought that would be the kind of news you don't pass along, too. That was my first thought also. But I imagine the man was devastated and probably wasn't thinking straight.

Poor family.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
I know how awful this is to do, Lisa. I remember many years ago when one of the partners here at the firm died. He was the best friend (they were like brothers) of my boss; they had been partners for 50 years. He was at a board meeting in the building auditorium and I had to go give him the news immediately. I had to literally help him to sit down in a chair because I was afraid he was going to collapse on me (he's 83 now and was about 72 or 73 when this happened).
How awful for your boss to be delivered that kind of news about his best friend. I could not imagine how that must have felt. And poor you for having to deliver such devastating news.

"The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you."

"You can't keep trouble from visitin, but you don't have to offer it no chair."
Old 09-16-2009, 03:48 PM   #793
hhockman
DIS Veteran

I'm so glad the boss's mama is okay, but sorry about the friend's daughter. How sad. And I'm especially sorry you had to deliver the news. Hope you afternoon is going better.

And I wouldn't pay for photobucket either.
Old 09-16-2009, 04:15 PM   #794
MK2010
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Poor boss man's friend. You never think you're going to outlive one of your kids. This horrible news makes me super thankful that the boss man's Mama came through surgery with such great results. I would hate for him to have a double burden. I will pray for comfort and peace for your boss man's friend and continuing good news as his Mother heals from surgery.
ASMu 2009
Old 09-16-2009, 04:29 PM   #795
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Just have a few minutes. I'll come back and reply after work. Boss' sister called. Their mother's prognosis is very good. So good in fact that they didn't even put a stint in. Their mother is already talking about coming home.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: