Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-14-2009, 10:18 AM   #706
aaaateamsgrandma
DIS Veteran

Good morning Lisa. I loved the last update. The pictures were great as usual. Glad it worked out for John. Ya think the guy was trying to cover his butt before the lady talked to John? Trying to make it the customers doing so John wouldn't be upset with him. I am still waiting for a pearl picture or did I miss it. Geesh, be gone 2 days from your report and you have to practically start all over. Loving it as usual. Have a great day.

Follow this link to see my TR. Rain, Surprise Birthdays, Rain, First Visits and did I mention Rain?

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2211283&
Old 09-14-2009, 10:57 AM   #707
MICKEY4EVER!
Are we there yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
Holy guacamole! If I had been your uncle, I would have been scared to death.
Yeah, I think he WAS pretty scared. He thought it was Satan, not a ghost, though. Whatever it was, that is really frightening! He could have been dreaming, too, but I think he was awake enough to frighten him really bad, however.

LOVED the last update! I'm glad John worked it out with the customer. Don't you just hate it when other people throw you under the bus when you aren't around to defend yourself? Ugh. Some people.

Cool that Hunter found a sword he liked at a price you liked. What a neat thing to collect, especially from Disney World! The picture of Lacey is too cute. I just love silly pictures like that. What a ham!

"The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you."

"You can't keep trouble from visitin, but you don't have to offer it no chair."
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-14-2009, 12:50 PM   #708
MadilynnsMomma
...first star to the right, and straight on til morning...

Now she tells me... I wish I had known that there were swords in China & UK! I bought one for my DF in 2006 in Japan and spent an arm AND a leg!

At least now I know for our upcoming trip!

Join the 2012 MNSSHP Guest List Now!!!

Old 09-14-2009, 01:04 PM   #709
longing2Batdisney
DIS Veteran

Hello! Lisa!
hope your day is going smoothly; seen you were doing like me and catching up on other threads! have a great day!
Old 09-14-2009, 01:13 PM   #710
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaaateamsgrandma View Post
Good morning Lisa. I loved the last update. The pictures were great as usual. Glad it worked out for John. Ya think the guy was trying to cover his butt before the lady talked to John? Trying to make it the customers doing so John wouldn't be upset with him. I am still waiting for a pearl picture or did I miss it. Geesh, be gone 2 days from your report and you have to practically start all over. Loving it as usual. Have a great day.
Hey Ginny,

We missed you over the weekend but I'm glad that you had a good time at the family reunion. I know you were semi-dreading it.

John was able to smooth things over with the lady...not that they really needed smothing over from our end but still.

I haven't posted the pearl pictures yet. This weekend was busy for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MICKEY4EVER! View Post
Yeah, I think he WAS pretty scared. He thought it was Satan, not a ghost, though. Whatever it was, that is really frightening! He could have been dreaming, too, but I think he was awake enough to frighten him really bad, however.

LOVED the last update! I'm glad John worked it out with the customer. Don't you just hate it when other people throw you under the bus when you aren't around to defend yourself? Ugh. Some people.

Cool that Hunter found a sword he liked at a price you liked. What a neat thing to collect, especially from Disney World! The picture of Lacey is too cute. I just love silly pictures like that. What a ham!
While we were happy that this guy referred the cabinet job to John, it almost didn't seem like it was worth it. But, the money was good so.........

Hunter absolutely loves swords, knives and guns. He and I were laughing about it once. I told him "you know a lot of parents would be really concerned if their son was obsessed with these kinds of things." and he just laughed at me and said "mom, it's me Hunter!". Never had the conversation again.

As you know, we like the silly pictures.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 09-14-2009, 01:15 PM   #711
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadilynnsMomma View Post
Now she tells me... I wish I had known that there were swords in China & UK! I bought one for my DF in 2006 in Japan and spent an arm AND a leg!

At least now I know for our upcoming trip!
Yeah! The prices in the other countries were outrageous! The ones in China were much better priced.

Quote:
Originally Posted by longing2Batdisney View Post
Hello! Lisa!
hope your day is going smoothly; seen you were doing like me and catching up on other threads! have a great day!

I've been trying to sneak in my Disboard time today. The boss is back in town and in a weird mood. Not really a bad mood but not exactly a good one either. I think I am finally caught up reading my subscribed trip reports. Hopefully, when the boss leaves at 3:00 for a Hearing Officer Conference, I can post an installment....even if it's a short one.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!

Old 09-14-2009, 02:01 PM   #712
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

I've been a bad girl lately and feel the need to "confess" to those who will understand.

Even though we have officially decided to stay at the CBR again next year, I haven't booked the vacation yet. This is so unlike me. I usually book as soon as the rates come out. I've been hoping and praying and keeping my fingers, toes and sometimes even my eyes crossed that a special offer will be announced and I'll save oodles of money.

Anyway, so every other day, I'll check the Disney website for special offers. Then, I'll price out a vacation just to see if the rate has magically changed. The last few times I have priced out the vacation, I've had an Exit Survey pop up. It asks you why you didn't book the vacation. One of the options is something like "price was too high or wasn't a good enough value". It also gives you a place to make a comment. Even though I know that I am going to be booking even if there's not a special offer, I click the "price is too high" option and type in the comment box that I would love to come back to Disney but if the prices remain so high, I won't be able to. I also type in my email address.

Now, I don't know if this will ever lead to me getting a pin code but I think it's worth a shot. At least maybe Disney will see that everybody is out there searching for a Disney vacation bargain and they'll put out another special offer.

Okay, I've confessed and I feel better. Will I ever do this again? Absolutely! What the heck can it hurt?

Old 09-14-2009, 02:03 PM   #713
MICKEY4EVER!
Are we there yet?

Quote:
I've been a bad girl lately and feel the need to "confess" to those who will understand.

Even though we have officially decided to stay at the CBR again next year, I haven't booked the vacation yet. This is so unlike me. I usually book as soon as the rates come out. I've been hoping and praying and keeping my fingers, toes and sometimes even my eyes crossed that a special offer will be announced and I'll save oodles of money.

Anyway, so every other day, I'll check the Disney website for special offers. Then, I'll price out a vacation just to see if the rate has magically changed. The last few times I have priced out the vacation, I've had an Exit Survey pop up. It asks you why you didn't book the vacation. One of the options is something like "price was too high or wasn't a good enough value". It also gives you a place to make a comment. Even though I know that I am going to be booking even if there's not a special offer, I click the "price is too high" option and type in the comment box that I would love to come back to Disney but if the prices remain so high, I won't be able to. I also type in my email address.

Now, I don't know if this will ever lead to me getting a pin code but I think it's worth a shot.

Okay, I've confessed and I feel better. Will I ever do this again? Absolutely! What the heck can it hurt?
Hey, you do what you gotta do, right? No harm in trying to save some money!

"The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you."

"You can't keep trouble from visitin, but you don't have to offer it no chair."
Old 09-14-2009, 02:22 PM   #714
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MICKEY4EVER! View Post
Hey, you do what you gotta do, right? No harm in trying to save some money!
I'm not telling a fib when I tell them that I didn't book because the price was too high. I just didn't mention the fact that I am going to be booking even if a special offer never comes out. The way I look at it, I may be helping others out too because maybe Disney will see the need for more special offers.

Last edited by mickeystoontown; 09-14-2009 at 02:43 PM.
Old 09-14-2009, 02:28 PM   #715
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

I just found out why my boss is in a funky mood.......his mother is having brain surgery this Wednesday. They knew that she had an aneurism (I think I totally botched up the spelling. Doesn't it have a y in it somewhere?) Anyway, they sent the tests off to a brain surgeon who said he could do the surgery but only if it is this week.

We have a full court docket and we can't reschedule our Wednesday trial with this late notice. So, he won't be going with his mother. His sister will. The boss is going to stay home and watch over his Dad who had a stroke recently and can't travel the over 100 miles to the hospital.

From what he explained to me, it is supposed to be a fairly easy procedure and if everything goes okay, she'll be able to leave 72 hours after surgery. But, still, it's brain surgery and he won't be there. Somebody does need to stay here and help calm his Dad's fears since he can't travel either.

Old 09-14-2009, 02:37 PM   #716
mickeyfan71
Mouseketeer

I'm sure that is going to be hard on your boss-but at least he will be taking care of his Dad. I'll say a prayer for his mom.

April 2006-POR : December 2007-POFQ : October 2009-CBR
October 2011-WL
Old 09-14-2009, 02:42 PM   #717
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeyfan71 View Post
I'm sure that is going to be hard on your boss-but at least he will be taking care of his Dad. I'll say a prayer for his mom.
Thanks so much for your prayers. His mom is such a sweet lady and I am sure she will appreciate every prayer she can get.

Old 09-14-2009, 02:44 PM   #718
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Sending prayers.
Old 09-14-2009, 03:39 PM   #719
racefanof88
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I'm not telling a fib when I tell them that I didn't book because the price was too high. I just didn't mention the fact that I am going to be booking even if a special offer never comes out. The way I look at it, I may be helping others out too because maybe Disney will see the need for more special offers.
I have to confess, I have done the same thing . I have only gotten two pin codes from Disney with one being before they started the survey thingie and the other a couple of months ago and it wouldn't have worked for us anyway. It was the one offering free dining for kids under 9 .

I am hoping Disney is going to offer the 7/4 again. It was a pretty good deal. I am planning on getting APs again for the 3 of us. I don't think I will bother with the Tables in Wonderland card though. I just didn't see that it has saved us any money.

Quote:
I just found out why my boss is in a funky mood.......his mother is having brain surgery this Wednesday. They knew that she had an aneurism (I think I totally botched up the spelling. Doesn't it have a y in it somewhere?) Anyway, they sent the tests off to a brain surgeon who said he could do the surgery but only if it is this week.

We have a full court docket and we can't reschedule our Wednesday trial with this late notice. So, he won't be going with his mother. His sister will. The boss is going to stay home and watch over his Dad who had a stroke recently and can't travel the over 100 miles to the hospital.

From what he explained to me, it is supposed to be a fairly easy procedure and if everything goes okay, she'll be able to leave 72 hours after surgery. But, still, it's brain surgery and he won't be there. Somebody does need to stay here and help calm his Dad's fears since he can't travel either.
Aneurysm does have a y in it, but that isn't what matters. I will be keeping your bosses Mom in my prayers. I am glad they found it in time.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3261767 Hey save some of that, it has to last us a week.....March 22-March 28th, 2014 Trip Report

24 TRIPS AND COUNTING
Old 09-14-2009, 03:54 PM   #720
longing2Batdisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Now, I don't know if this will ever lead to me getting a pin code but I think it's worth a shot. At least maybe Disney will see that everybody is out there searching for a Disney vacation bargain and they'll put out another special offer.

I do it too EVERYDAY!!! except I usually skip the survery. Maybe I should start doing the survey everyday also! I would love to get a pin! My mom gets two a year
she does not even go on the internet and its my dad's name in their system

Quote:

I am so sorry to hear this! At least he will be able to be there for his DAD! he would have probably made that decision even if his court schedule was not what it is! but, I will be sending prayers their way!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: