Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-04-2010, 06:34 PM   #3136
KidGoofy
This
Loves Pierogies
Just remember VMK is still always watching you
i worship devan

I just wanted to say Lacey's shoes are ridiculously awesome...lol. I actually used to have a pair of those Chuck Taylors till they got completely worn out...I had to duct tape them at one point. I loved those shoes and I cant find them anywhere anymore
Old 05-05-2010, 10:02 AM   #3137
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KidGoofy View Post
I just wanted to say Lacey's shoes are ridiculously awesome...lol. I actually used to have a pair of those Chuck Taylors till they got completely worn out...I had to duct tape them at one point. I loved those shoes and I cant find them anywhere anymore
She loves those shoes. When we bought them, they were "distressed' already.....dirty looking and had little tears in there. She fell in love with them instantly. We found them at Dillards several years ago on a clearance rack and haven't seen any like them since. It's funny that you mention duct tape. Lacey once made a pair of duct tape flip flops.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-05-2010, 11:35 AM   #3138
Angies1274
DIS Veteran

Great update Lisa!! You always take the best ride pictures!! I felt like I was riding along with you in Magic Carpets of Aladdin!!

Love that your boss calls you Tinkerbell...that's so cute!

Old 05-05-2010, 03:25 PM   #3139
aprilisis

Earning My Ears

Lisa- I have those Chuck Taylors! I've had them since I was 17. I've never seen anyone else wear them.
Awesome photos, by the way.
Old 05-05-2010, 03:43 PM   #3140
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angies1274 View Post
Great update Lisa!! You always take the best ride pictures!! I felt like I was riding along with you in Magic Carpets of Aladdin!!

Love that your boss calls you Tinkerbell...that's so cute!
You know me.....I love taking pictures. Believe it or not, I only post about half of what I take.

My boss loves calling me Tinkerbell. He even does it in front of clients.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aprilisis View Post
Lisa- I have those Chuck Taylors! I've had them since I was 17. I've never seen anyone else wear them.
Awesome photos, by the way.
How cool is that?!?! Lacey absolutely loves the shoes and since they already have a distressed look to them, you can't tell how old they really are.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!

Old 05-06-2010, 09:16 AM   #3141
lomaha
Earning My Ears

Wow, Lisa there is now denying the resemblance of your family. Lacey looks a lot like you and Hunter looks just like John. You have a very nice looking family!

Old 05-06-2010, 10:04 AM   #3142
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lomaha View Post
Wow, Lisa there is now denying the resemblance of your family. Lacey looks a lot like you and Hunter looks just like John. You have a very nice looking family!
Nope, neither John nor I can deny our kids, that's for sure. Thanks for the compliment. We love spending time together.

Old 05-06-2010, 10:41 AM   #3143
Bridora
DIS Veteran

I love Pirates of the Caribbean! I do not like those times in line where people try to casually walk past either. I know the line is wide and spread out, but its obvious that we are in it...you don't have be all up on me!

I can just see you guys on the Magic Carpets, kids in the front, Mom & Dad in the back, Dad is on the phone & Mom is taking pictures like crazy! Sounds a bit familiar...my DH once had to talk to a customer of his for quite a while in Silver Dollar City...

Tinkerbell! That's funny he's called you that in front of clients before...what did they think?
2003-My 1st Trip to Disney!-All Star Movies ** 2004-Pop Century ** 2005-All Star Movies ** 2006-Caribbean Beach ** 2007-Caribbean Beach (without the kids!) ** 2008-Port Orleans Riverside ** 2009-Polynesian (we became DVC owners!) ** 2010-Bay Lake Tower**2011-Boardwalk/Beach Club**2012-Dream & Kidani Village**2013-Old Key West
Old 05-06-2010, 02:25 PM   #3144
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bridora View Post
I love Pirates of the Caribbean! I do not like those times in line where people try to casually walk past either. I know the line is wide and spread out, but its obvious that we are in it...you don't have be all up on me!

I can just see you guys on the Magic Carpets, kids in the front, Mom & Dad in the back, Dad is on the phone & Mom is taking pictures like crazy! Sounds a bit familiar...my DH once had to talk to a customer of his for quite a while in Silver Dollar City...

Tinkerbell! That's funny he's called you that in front of clients before...what did they think?
I hate it when somebody tries to sneak by me "on accident". Drives me crazy!

Oh John was on the phone quite a bit this trip. He really didn't like leaving the cabinet installation up to another person as he usually does it himself. But, this time, they didn't actually pay him to install them, just build them. That certainly didn't stop them from calling and asking all sorts of questions though.

It's funny that you mentioned your husband being on a business call in Silver Dollar City. John got a call from a doctor needing some cabinet work done while we were in Silver Dollar City. Oh well, a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do.....to make Disney dollars.

Our clients usually don't say anything when my boss calls me Tinkerbell. If they do, he explains that I love Disney and Tinkerbell has an attitude to which I reply "so do you!"

Old 05-06-2010, 02:48 PM   #3145
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Once we left Aladdin's Magic Carpets, Lacey, Hunter and I popped into the nearby stores just to see if there was anything we needed. John was on the phone the ENTIRE time so he stayed outside so as not to disturb the other shoppers. We didn't find anything we couldn't live without so we just kind of wandered.

We looked to see how long the Jungle Cruise line was and it was short so we got in line for our second and last ride of the vacation. John finished up his phone call just as we were entering the line. The captain of our boat wasn't too funny this time. I don't know if he was at the end of his shift and getting tired or what. He wasn't bad, just not real funny.

After our cruise, we figured we better start heading to the Crystal Palace for our dinner. Along the way, we spotted Rafiki. Hunter wanted to have his picture made so Hunter and I got in a practically non-existent line while Lacey and John stood off to the side. I think there were two people in front of us.

When it was our turn, Rafiki kept pointing to Hunter's hand and to John. We couldn't figure out what he was trying to say so Rafiki whispered something in the castmember's ear. She told us Rafiki was trying to tell Hunter to not harm any animals with his gun. The gun that he had bought in the Pirates of the Caribbean store and was now being held by John. Hunter told him don't worry, no harm would come to any animals. Rafiki gave him a big thumbs up. Then, we took pictures:

We waved goodbye to Rafiki and continued on to the Crystal Palace.

When we got there, we could see there were lots and lots of people waiting around. Not a good sign. I went to the window to check in and there was a line there as well. The man in front of me was fussing because he couldn't get in as a walk-in. The castmember was trying to explain to him that they were booked up but the guy really wasn't listening. He finally left in a huff and I moved forward. The castmember told me they were running about 30 minutes behind on their ADRs.

I found John and the kids standing over to the side of the steps resting. Guess what John did...................bet you can't guess.....................

Yes, he's napping standing up! Then guess what happened........................

his phone rang:

We waited and waited and waited some more. We chatted with a grandmother and grandfather who were traveling with their children and grandchildren and had just arrived that day. After 40 minutes, John went to see if they had called our name and we hadn't heard them. They said it would be about 10 more minutes. Here's what he and Hunter did to occupy their time:

Here's what I did to occupy my time. Took pictures:

***I have to stop here because I can't find the rest of my pictures. Let me go searching and I'll come back.

Old 05-08-2010, 08:07 AM   #3146
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

We saw Rafiki after we went to Crystal Palace. LOL!
I bet you are getting so excited for your next trip.
I have decided that I am going to try and make and ADR for CRT for Claire's b-day at the 180 day mark. That way if we go, I'll have it. No offical word, but Claire keeps asking. In fact the other day a Disney commercial was on, and Skip was there with us , and Claire goes "I don't even remember what Disney looks like anymore since we haven't been there in so long". It was so funny and cute.
Old 05-08-2010, 09:53 PM   #3147
pocahontasgal87
~Disney Geek~

Hello!! I have return and wish i never left lol, man o man it was soooo hot, 91, 92, one day 95. Oh and Carribean Beach was AWESOME!!!

Oct 1994(offsite) Oct 1996(offsite) Oct 1999(offsite) Oct 2002(offsite) Oct 2005(POR)
Sept 2008(CSR) May 2010(CBR) Sept 2012 (POR)

Sept 2014 we will be back at Caribbean Beach Resort!!
Old 05-08-2010, 10:07 PM   #3148
addictedtothemouse
DIS Veteran

I love looking at all of your pictures. Seeing your husband sleeping standing up made me laugh. When you said guess what happened next I thought uh oh, he lost his balance and stumbled into the strollers!
I'm soo excited for our upcoming trip! Less than 2 weeks.
Old 05-09-2010, 05:32 PM   #3149
WabashFan
earning my ears

I just finished looking at your pics from the Hollywood Wax Museum. It looked a lot like Madame Tussaud's in Vegas. Many of the same people and scenes. Were there any sound effects? I took a picture for two ladies that sat with Hugh Hefner and wore the bunny ears. When they got off the bed, he spoke to them!! 'Bout made all of us jump out of our skin. Those figures are sorta creepy when you look them in the eyes!
Old 05-09-2010, 07:47 PM   #3150
Mom&RN
Mouseketeer

All the pictures of John sleeping crack me up! You could make a memory book "John sleeps at Disney" or John could write a blog "good places to nap at Disney". LOL

2003 - Offsite, 2006 - Offsite, 2007 - Pop, 2009 - AKL, 2010 - CBR, 2011 - Pop, Jan 2013 - BC (WITH Non-DH!!), Sep 2013 - CBR (girls trip!), Feb 2014 - BW (conference), May 2014 - WL (club level!)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: