Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


 
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 08-27-2009, 12:42 PM   #271
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran
 
mickeystoontown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Bayou Country, La.
Posts: 25,964

Quote:
Originally Posted by MICKEY4EVER! View Post
Hope everyone has a great day! Including those smokin' ghosties!
Morning! Hope your day is going well. I bet you're about to busy to leave for Tennessee. I know I would be.

I've been busy trying to post replies to everybody. Hope to get our T-Rex installment posted today.
__________________

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226


mickeystoontown is offline  
Old 08-27-2009, 12:50 PM   #272
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran
 
mickeystoontown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Bayou Country, La.
Posts: 25,964

Hey everybody! Today's Connie's Birthday! Let's all sing along:

Happy Birthday to you! Happy Birthday to you! Happy Birthday Connie! Happy Birthday to yooooooooou!
__________________

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226


mickeystoontown is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 08-27-2009, 12:53 PM   #273
aaaateamsgrandma
DIS Veteran
 
aaaateamsgrandma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Too far from Disney
Posts: 2,413

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
Hey everybody! Today's Connie's Birthday! Let's all sing along:

Happy Birthday to you! Happy Birthday to you! Happy Birthday Connie! Happy Birthday to yooooooooou!
I even called her and left her a message. She called me back and I got to speak to Ashton. I am beyond thrilled. I am happier than she is right now.

I'm ready for TRex. Wish I was there. I came to work knowing I won't get off till 7;30 or so and forgot my lunch on the counter. I guess that means soup for me today.
__________________
The journey determines your destination.

Follow this link to see my TR. Rain, Surprise Birthdays, Rain, First Visits and did I mention Rain?

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2211283&
aaaateamsgrandma is offline  
Old 08-27-2009, 01:17 PM   #274
longing2Batdisney
DIS Veteran
 
longing2Batdisney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: 662 mi from my dreams!
Posts: 4,515

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
Hey everybody! Today's Connie's Birthday! Let's all sing along:

Happy Birthday to you! Happy Birthday to you! Happy Birthday Connie! Happy Birthday to yooooooooou!


Quote:
Originally Posted by aaaateamsgrandma View Post
I even called her and left her a message. She called me back and I got to speak to Ashton. I am beyond thrilled. I am happier than she is right now.

I'm ready for TRex. Wish I was there. I came to work knowing I won't get off till 7;30 or so and forgot my lunch on the counter. I guess that means soup for me today.

Oh! sorry Ginny. we are doing leftovers; you don't think I'm going to cook do you!! I had fixed beef & chicken lomein last night--I just have to pick out all the veggies and meat out Ashton's dish!

I really enjoyed putting a voice with the person, finally! It was a very special surprise and birthday wish!
longing2Batdisney is offline  
Old 08-27-2009, 01:31 PM   #275
aaaateamsgrandma
DIS Veteran
 
aaaateamsgrandma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Too far from Disney
Posts: 2,413

Quote:
Originally Posted by longing2Batdisney View Post





Oh! sorry Ginny. we are doing leftovers; you don't think I'm going to cook do you!! I had fixed beef & chicken lomein last night--I just have to pick out all the veggies and meat out Ashton's dish!

I really enjoyed putting a voice with the person, finally! It was a very special surprise and birthday wish!
It was leftovers I was bringing too. Now it will go to the trash. Alex was not a meat eater at that age either. Sandi would fix noodles all the time with just butter. And rice with butter and sugar. I can't imagine where she got the idea to put sugar on everything. I would personally never do that. Or at least not get caught at it.

Do not cook all weekend
__________________
The journey determines your destination.

Follow this link to see my TR. Rain, Surprise Birthdays, Rain, First Visits and did I mention Rain?

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2211283&
aaaateamsgrandma is offline  
Old 08-27-2009, 02:10 PM   #276
jenseib
Mommy to Claire
 
jenseib's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ohio
Posts: 26,746

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandmaSady View Post
I'm enjoying your trip report. I read your first one, so I know this one will be just as fun!
This is my first post! So please forgive any mistakes I make here.

Question, how do I make my "counter" show up? I made one, but can't figure out how to get it to show up.
My Disney vacation is not until Dec. 2010...
You have to have so many posts before pictures or links wil lshow up. I think it's 7 or ten posts.
jenseib is offline  
Old 08-27-2009, 02:17 PM   #277
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran
 
mickeystoontown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Bayou Country, La.
Posts: 25,964

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaaateamsgrandma View Post
I even called her and left her a message. She called me back and I got to speak to Ashton. I am beyond thrilled. I am happier than she is right now.

I'm ready for TRex. Wish I was there. I came to work knowing I won't get off till 7;30 or so and forgot my lunch on the counter. I guess that means soup for me today.
So what did you have for lunch?

I am having issues with Photobucket again. I can't find my T-Rex pictures even though I have already posted one of them over on the WDW sign picture thread.

Oh, and you are such a sweetie for calling Connie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by longing2Batdisney View Post



Oh! sorry Ginny. we are doing leftovers; you don't think I'm going to cook do you!! I had fixed beef & chicken lomein last night--I just have to pick out all the veggies and meat out Ashton's dish!

I really enjoyed putting a voice with the person, finally! It was a very special surprise and birthday wish!
What did we ever do to deserve Ginny? And, I mean that in a good way! Not the "oh my goodness, what did we ever do to deserve Ginny?" way.
__________________

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226


mickeystoontown is offline  
Old 08-27-2009, 02:21 PM   #278
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran
 
mickeystoontown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Bayou Country, La.
Posts: 25,964

Okay, while Photobucket and I are punching it out, I thought I'd tell ya'll that I won a free meal for 2 at Cracker Barrell. I got an email from them about a month or so ago asking me to take a survey on some new merchandise they were thinking about putting in their stores. Apparently, my name was drawn to win a free meal for two. Hey, I'll take it!
__________________

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226


mickeystoontown is offline  
Old 08-27-2009, 02:23 PM   #279
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: PA
Posts: 20,885

Congrats! Love the Cracker Barrel!

Looking forward to your T-Rex review!
Momof2Disneyboys is offline  
Old 08-27-2009, 02:25 PM   #280
aaaateamsgrandma
DIS Veteran
 
aaaateamsgrandma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Too far from Disney
Posts: 2,413

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
So what did you have for lunch?

I am having issues with Photobucket again. I can't find my T-Rex pictures even though I have already posted one of them over on the WDW sign picture thread.

Oh, and you are such a sweetie for calling Connie.



What did we ever do to deserve Ginny? And, I mean that in a good way! Not the "oh my goodness, what did we ever do to deserve Ginny?" way.
You are too sweet your ownself Lisa. I tracked her number down. You guys are going to have to pm me yours and I will call you too. Or something along that line.

And pm me your address for my package I'm going to send. Those of you know who you are.

So far for lunch A drug rep brought me a Starbucks latte. My fav. Another one just brought cookies (of which I have not had) and I am going to go eat get ready for this delish meal. Ham and bean soup. Maybe then a cookie. Wonder why the weight watchers isn't working for me?

If you do the old core way the latte is free cause it is skim milk if you order it skinny, the soup is free cause it's all protein. Cookies not so much. Last year we had them all convinced to bring veggies. Dr. has now said he likes sweets again. He needs veggies.
__________________
The journey determines your destination.

Follow this link to see my TR. Rain, Surprise Birthdays, Rain, First Visits and did I mention Rain?

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2211283&
aaaateamsgrandma is offline  
Old 08-27-2009, 02:25 PM   #281
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran
 
mickeystoontown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Bayou Country, La.
Posts: 25,964

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
You have to have so many posts before pictures or links wil lshow up. I think it's 7 or ten posts.
GrandmaSady, I'm sure that Jen knows what she is talking about. So, feel free to post a bunch of nonsense on my thread so your post count will go up. Heck, we all post a lot of nonsense on here anyway so what will it matter?
__________________

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226


mickeystoontown is offline  
Old 08-27-2009, 02:27 PM   #282
aaaateamsgrandma
DIS Veteran
 
aaaateamsgrandma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Too far from Disney
Posts: 2,413

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
Okay, while Photobucket and I are punching it out, I thought I'd tell ya'll that I won a free meal for 2 at Cracker Barrell. I got an email from them about a month or so ago asking me to take a survey on some new merchandise they were thinking about putting in their stores. Apparently, my name was drawn to win a free meal for two. Hey, I'll take it!
We love Cracker Barrell. I'm always using my card points for gc from there. I think I still have about $50 left.

That is excellent for the win. Be sure to order the most expensive thing on the menu.
__________________
The journey determines your destination.

Follow this link to see my TR. Rain, Surprise Birthdays, Rain, First Visits and did I mention Rain?

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2211283&
aaaateamsgrandma is offline  
Old 08-27-2009, 02:29 PM   #283
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran
 
mickeystoontown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Bayou Country, La.
Posts: 25,964

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momof2Disneyboys View Post
Congrats! Love the Cracker Barrel!

Looking forward to your T-Rex review!
I like Cracker Barrel too. Their biscuits are to die for! I can cook a pretty decent meal (with the exception of one pound cake a day or so ago) but the one thing I have never ever learned to cook is biscuits. I know they are supposed to be simple to make but I just can't do it no matter how many times I try. Every time I make an attempt, John just looks at me and says, "so you tried again huh?".

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaaateamsgrandma View Post
You are too sweet your ownself Lisa. I tracked her number down. You guys are going to have to pm me yours and I will call you too. Or something along that line.

And pm me your address for my package I'm going to send. Those of you know who you are.

So far for lunch A drug rep brought me a Starbucks latte. My fav. Another one just brought cookies (of which I have not had) and I am going to go eat get ready for this delish meal. Ham and bean soup. Maybe then a cookie. Wonder why the weight watchers isn't working for me?

If you do the old core way the latte is free cause it is skim milk if you order it skinny, the soup is free cause it's all protein. Cookies not so much. Last year we had them all convinced to bring veggies. Dr. has now said he likes sweets again. He needs veggies.
I'll send a p.m. in just a little bit. At least your drug reps are keeping you from going hungry. My Mama used to work for a wholesale drug company and the drug reps were always bringing her goodies.
__________________

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226


mickeystoontown is offline  
Old 08-27-2009, 02:35 PM   #284
aaaateamsgrandma
DIS Veteran
 
aaaateamsgrandma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Too far from Disney
Posts: 2,413

Frozen biscuits work pretty good in my family. Or I can do bisquick ones, but I use the low-fat variety. Aren't I good? Not

Quote:
GrandmaSady, I'm sure that Jen knows what she is talking about. So, feel free to post a bunch of nonsense on my thread so your post count will go up. Heck, we all post a lot of nonsense on here anyway so what will it matter.

I have no idea where you get that notion.
__________________
The journey determines your destination.

Follow this link to see my TR. Rain, Surprise Birthdays, Rain, First Visits and did I mention Rain?

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2211283&
aaaateamsgrandma is offline  
Old 08-27-2009, 02:49 PM   #285
MICKEY4EVER!
Are we there yet?
 
MICKEY4EVER!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,789

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
Morning! Hope your day is going well. I bet you're about to busy to leave for Tennessee. I know I would be.

I've been busy trying to post replies to everybody. Hope to get our T-Rex installment posted today.
Today is better than yesterday, that's for certain! I'm so ready for TN!!! Gotta get to Walmart tonite to do some last minute shopping.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
Okay, while Photobucket and I are punching it out, I thought I'd tell ya'll that I won a free meal for 2 at Cracker Barrell. I got an email from them about a month or so ago asking me to take a survey on some new merchandise they were thinking about putting in their stores. Apparently, my name was drawn to win a free meal for two. Hey, I'll take it!
CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Couldn't happen to a better person!

Ginny, you are hilarious! You just crack me up. Keep the smiles coming!
__________________


"The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you."

"You can't keep trouble from visitin, but you don't have to offer it no chair."
MICKEY4EVER! is offline  
 



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mini Trip -- September 19 - 22 KatMark Disney Dining Reviews 127 11-12-2009 10:45 AM
Our 3rd Trip to WDW, Sept' 09, *TOC on Pg 1* *TR STARTED - CLICK ON THE LINK* oregondaddyof2 Completed Trip Reports 1144 10-01-2009 11:41 PM
Relax boys, the belly dancer does not want your singles! 9/2 final update p.87 rentayenta Completed Trip Reports 1315 09-03-2009 05:07 PM
How much is your trip to WDW? smkiya Disney for Families 56 08-27-2009 05:19 PM
One-day trip - two questions beynac Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies 3 08-20-2009 08:13 PM

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:58 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: