Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-04-2009, 05:27 PM   #2251
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmkstorey View Post
I've been reading your trip report, and have absolutely enjoyed every minute! God has blessed you with such a beautiful family! I haven't been on the boards long, and I do more lurking than posting, but your trip report was the first one I read and it has inspired me to write about my last trip!
Thanks for sharing and I can't wait to read what happens next!
Welcome welcome welcome! I'm so glad that you are enjoying my report. God truly has blessed me with an awesome family.

I hope that you will chime in and let us know your thoughts. We are like one big happy family here.

Please let us know when you start your report. We wanna come along and read all about it.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 12-04-2009, 05:29 PM   #2252
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Lisa, sorry I've not been on your report for awhile, but I wanted to say hi and have a nice weekend. Mark is working all weekend so I hope to catch up on my "subscribed threads" in between baking Christmas cookies this weekend.
Register to remove

Old 12-04-2009, 11:56 PM   #2253
rmkstorey
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
Welcome welcome welcome! I'm so glad that you are enjoying my report. God truly has blessed me with an awesome family.

I hope that you will chime in and let us know your thoughts. We are like one big happy family here.

Please let us know when you start your report. We wanna come along and read all about it.
I have enjoyed the family atmosphere a lot!
I will be sure to let you all know when I do start it. So many interesting things happened when we went for Thanksgiving that it is just impossible to pass up the chance to tell everyone about it! Especially Disney enthusiast! (sp)

My First Trip Report! (11/23/09 - 11/28/09) Now Completed!

A Very Merry BIRTHDAY to Meee! PTR

[img]http://www.********************/timers/tickers/cvgu09w9kkbkfb9t.png[/img]
Old 12-05-2009, 12:15 AM   #2254
mcco5543
Disabilities Awareness and Education Teacher and Consultant

Quote:
Welcome aboard! I have a list of the pages where the actual trip report is and haven't gotten around to putting it in the first post. I've got to make myself do it.

I'm glad that you are enjoying the trip. I hope to post another installment tomorrow afternoon.
problem is, that list will change as more posts are added won't it?
Old 12-05-2009, 06:13 PM   #2255
Jasper Dale
Mouseketeer

i am really enoying reading your trip report.
Old 12-06-2009, 11:28 AM   #2256
brandip22
Busy obsessing over my next trip!

Hey! I just had to pop over to say hello. I saw you post on another thread and saw you were in Louisiana. Now, I see you are in WM- I am from Monroe, but now live outside of Baton Rouge. My family is still up in Monroe and WM, though. I haven't read all the way through of course yet, but I will. Anyway, just wanted to say hi!!
December 2006- SSR
October 2007- OKW, but just did US/IOA
May 2010- SSR- Baby Nate's first trip!
November 2010- BWV/VWL with DS(8)
March 2011- THV- extended family trip
Mardi Gras- just me and DH- Shhhh! Don't tell the kids!
June- DCL Dream with cousin!
Thanksgiving 2012- SSR- WL for a THV!
Old 12-06-2009, 08:48 PM   #2257
longing2Batdisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcco5543 View Post
Love Love Love the trip report. The title grabbed me so I had to read.

May I suggest catalouging the pages that the actual trip report appears on or creating links to them. It took me literally 4 hours to wade through the extraneous posts. For those of us that just had to know "what happens next". It would make this a whole bunch easier if at all possible. You're a great writer and have a lovely family!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MICKEY4EVER! View Post
How do you catalog? I'm wanting to do that on my TR, but I don't know how!
here's the how to:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....5#post34580295
Old 12-07-2009, 01:35 AM   #2258
racefanof88
DIS Veteran

Hey Lisa. Just wanted to stop bye for a peak in. I hope everything is going well and you are ready for Santa. Have a great Monday.

24 TRIPS AND COUNTING
Old 12-07-2009, 09:39 AM   #2259
mommytothreeboys
DIS Veteran

Just FYI....

To add links to new posts on your first page...

click on the NUMBER at the top of the post. That will open a page with just that post. Copy THAT address.

Then go to your first page and paste that address in using the "link" icon.

Feel free to PM me with questions!

Hope you're having a great day Lisa!
Old 12-07-2009, 10:17 AM   #2260
MICKEY4EVER!
Are we there yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommytothreeboys View Post
Just FYI....

To add links to new posts on your first page...

click on the NUMBER at the top of the post. That will open a page with just that post. Copy THAT address.

Then go to your first page and paste that address in using the "link" icon.

Feel free to PM me with questions!

Hope you're having a great day Lisa!
YAY! Thanks for the info. You are so smart!

"The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you."

"You can't keep trouble from visitin, but you don't have to offer it no chair."
Old 12-07-2009, 11:15 AM   #2261
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Morning all!

I see that we have a few new readers. I will come back and reply to the individual posts when it slows down a bit at work. Holidays are horrible in the family law business. Always somebody fussing about visitation and having to pay for Christmas gifts.

Speaking of Christmas gifts, we dropped about $800.00 this weekend. We bought Lacey's mini laptop and Hunter's Nintendo DSi as well as a few other things. I can still hear my Mickey Mouse wallet that's in my Mickey Mouse purse (sitting here beside my desk) whining 'cause it's now empty.

I'll be back later today.

Lisa

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!

Old 12-07-2009, 11:20 AM   #2262
MICKEY4EVER!
Are we there yet?

Quote:
Morning all!

I see that we have a few new readers. I will come back and reply to the individual posts when it slows down a bit at work. Holidays are horrible in the family law business. Always somebody fussing about visitation and having to pay for Christmas gifts.

Speaking of Christmas gifts, we dropped about $800.00 this weekend. We bought Lacey's mini laptop and Hunter's Nintendo DSi as well as a few other things. I can still hear my Mickey Mouse wallet that's in my Mickey Mouse purse (sitting here beside my desk) whining 'cause it's now empty.

I'll be back later today.

Lisa
Wow! What a Christmas your children will be having! Too funny about your purse whimpering.

"The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you."

"You can't keep trouble from visitin, but you don't have to offer it no chair."
Old 12-07-2009, 01:39 PM   #2263
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

I'm working on a Disney trip report installment right now. In the meantime, you can watch a few videos that Lacey shot at the stunt show. At least I hope you can. I have never posted videos before.

Oh and here's a picture of the fabulous street backdrop painting. I love these:

Old 12-07-2009, 02:56 PM   #2264
longing2Batdisney
DIS Veteran

WOW! good for you that you have your children's gifts all done...
I still have no clue what to get my kids...my mom bought what I was going to get for Gwendolyn so back to the drawing board... Dayne just wants cash and this Santa does not do cash ...and I think we are going to do a bike and helmet for Ashton after all (I said no bike this year) and also the game for the TV that is a bike (he lights up everytime he sees the commercial)... We'll see this coming weekend...if we are feeling better that is!

Have a great day! and try not to be too busy...
(I can only imagine the holidays in family court...each family wants the child and no sharing...poor children)

Connie
Old 12-07-2009, 03:40 PM   #2265
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Okay, it's pretty doggone bad when I interrupt my own trip report so many times that I can't find the last meaningful Hollywood Studios installment. I guess if I'd keep my behind at home and not go on these long weekend trips, I wouldn't have anything other than Disney to post about. But, then, I'd be a boring soul that nobody wants to talk to. I think that I really do need to categorize the report. Maybe I can get that done soon. I ain't promising nothin' though because I'm doing good just to write my report.

IF I posted that we had already gone to Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular, I was wrong. It's coming up.

Once we left the stunt show, Lacey was really feeling yucky. I think it was a combination of it being that time and the heat. She wanted to go to the room and lie down for a little while and we told her to go ahead. I reminded her that we had an ADR at 50s Prime Time and we had Fastpasses for Toy Story Mania. She said she'd only be gone about an 1 hour or hour and a half and then would be back. We told her to call us when she got to the resort. Yes, I know that she is 22 years old and Disney transportation is great but I still wanted her to call. It's a Mama thing which I am sure most of you can relate to.

John, Hunter and I walked down to the Animation Building because I had read that the UP characters were there. We also like the attraction itself including the drawing classes. Lacey called about 15 minutes after she left and said she had made it to the resort. That's what I call fast bus transportation.

I hope that nobody here will take offense at what I am about to type/write because I mean no offense. One year, we were at MGM (it was MGM back then) and the entire day, we saw a lot of what I think were East Indian people. The ladies were always following along behind the men and children and carrying so much stuff they looked like pack mules. The men and children would go into the attraction(s) and the ladies had to stay outside. About mid-afternoon that day, we saw the men kneeling near a bench and the ladies were standing behind them. They were praying which I thought was awesome because they were so devout in their beliefs that they would stop in the middle of a theme park and pray. Buuuuuut, I would never ever fit in because I wouldn't be staying outside while my husband and kids went into any Disney attraction and I would have been down there praying too.

Anyway, that little story leads into this little story. As we were standing in the line for the Animation tour, there were several what I think were East Indian families in front of us. This time everybody was in the line, even the women. John and I looked at each other and John said "I guess things have changed huh."

We were admitted into the Animation building and ......WAIT A MINUTE! WAIT A MINUTE! WAIT A MINUTE! I may have deja vue or I could just be remembering wrong but I feel like I have typed this before. I sure hope not because I would have the day out of sequence. Goshlee dog, I am so losing it.

So we were admitted into the Animation building and we sat down to watch the little Mushu film. John did a little nodding off even though he thinks Mushu's storyline is funny. It was weird because he had his eyes closed and his head was all drooped down and I know he was asleep. Yet, he would still laugh every now and then. He was either sleeping really lightly or he was having a funny dream.

After the Mushu film, we walked around and were able to see the clay (at least I guess they are made of clay) figures and drawings of the new movie, Princess and the Frog which is, of course, set in New Orleans. By the way, do any of ya'll remember if The Rescuers was supposed to be in Louisiana? My Mama calls that the "Evinrude movie" since the dragonfly was named Evinrude.

We looked there for a little while and then went to see if the UP characters were out and they were. Hunter and I jumped in line. They really need to do something about this line. It's so very boring. All you do is stand behind a backdrop and wait. After standing there a while, we heard people saying that Carl had left. I wanted to see Carl! Thankfully, when we got near the front of the line, Carl came back out with his four footed cane complete with tennis balls on the bottom. John took pictures of Hunter and I with Carl, Doug and...and....uh....what's the little boy's name? (See I told you my mind was going bad.) These pictures were lost but the Photopass guy did take some pictures. I am uploading them to photobucket right now. I'll come back and post them in a minute.

We told the UP characters goodbye and went over to John. He said this guy kept yelling at Doug saying "look over here puppy" and trying to climb under the railing so his daughter could see him. The Photopass guy had to tell him over and over again to get in line if he wanted to see the characters. The guy would act like he didn't understand English but he was speaking English so John and the Photopass guy knew he understood. What's up with people? If I have to stand in line, they have to stand in line.

Once we had finished seeing the characters, we wandered over to where you get in line for the drawing class. The castmember said the next class was full but we could wait. We decided we didn't want to wait but instead go see Voyage of the Little Mermaid. The line was waaaaaay long. I made a comment to John about the line and somebody said the show had shut down for a little while and that's why it was backed up. We said we didn't want to wait. We weren't really sure what we wanted to do next so we kind of wandered around a little while.

We wandered until we came back to the Indiana Jones show and it was just about to start. The guy started waving us in and the line just stopped. It was hecka hot in the line. Lacey sent me a text asking what time our ADR was for. It was for 6 something p.m. (I knew at the time I just don't remember right now.) She said she was feeling better so she would come back to Hollywood Studios soon. I sent her a text back telling her we were about to go into the show and she could call me when she got to the park.

Finally, the line started moving and we were able to get a fairly good seat. I bet ya'll are ready for me to shut up and post pictures aren't you. Well, I'm not because they were lost.

Just kidding! Pictures....some good, some not so good.

About this time, Lacey sent a text saying she had made it to the park. She would go to the Indiana Jones store and wait for us. I sent one back and told her the show was about halfway through.

By the time the show was over, Lacey had sent another text saying she was there and in the store looking around. John got a phone call from his friend, Mark, who, calls every time we go anywhere. It's a running joke between John and Mark that we never stay home. John talked to Mark for a little while and the rest of us looked around in the store. There didn't seem to be anything that we really needed. John was still on the phone so we motioned to him and told him we were going to the little Indiana Jones cart things. He trailed along behind us and waited on us. We didn't find anything that we had to have over there either.

We could now use our Fastpasses for Toy Story Mania so we headed that way. My camera was being a royal pain in the behind and wouldn't even turn on. I took the batteries out. I blew in the battery holder part of the camera. I hit it. I mean I tapped on it. Still nothing. So, I did like any other mother would do, I took Lacey's camera and started taking pictures.

Continued in next post.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: