Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-25-2009, 08:59 PM   #211
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cafeen View Post
Hi Lisa and crew!

Just popping in to reveal another lurker (since about halfway through the last TR even). I've immensely enjoyed the reports as well as reading all the random chatter between them.

I have been wondering though, since you started this, how have your "uninvited office guests" been acting? Surprised to not hear about any stores upon your return.

At any rate, thanks so far for the entertainment and eagerly (but patiently) awaiting more .
Hip Hooray! You've come out of the world of lurkdome. I'm glad that you've decided to join in. Don't you just love the chit chat that we do on my reports?!? We've all become friends through the Disboards.

I have actually grown accustomed to our office "guests". There's always a door locked or unlocked, knocking and, of course, cigarette smoking. As long as they don't do anything mean to me, I can handle it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simba22 View Post
Great pics! I am getting so "home sick" for Disney right now! I love the updated CBR rooms! They look so peaceful with all the blue!
I know what you mean about being "home sick" for Disney. I think I'd go insane if I didn't have this trip report and the reports of the other Disboard members.

The rooms are actually quite peaceful even with the bright colors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmartin555 View Post
Great update, as usual! Can't wait to hear more!
Thanks! I hope to get another update posted very soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaaateamsgrandma View Post
That is so totally awesome. Lisa you're the best. Ashton's sweet face is great
Wasn't his reaction the best! Such a cutie pie!

Old 08-25-2009, 09:06 PM   #212
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hhockman View Post
AWESOME pictures! Wow that makes me excited. 23 more days!!! Almost 22 even! Did I tell you guys that I've looked at hotels a couple of times to see if we could go halfway on Thursday? I KNOW I'm sad. We won't. They aren't expensive but Matt's check is going to be less than I thought on Thursday. Gotta pay those bills.

I haven't stayed at CBR in a REALLY long time and those rooms are really nice. I was this "-" close to getting Pirate rooms this time before Cole was coming. And I almost went back and changed to Pirate rooms. The kids would SO love them. But can't do the extra. And we can't do it in June because MIL is coming. Oh well. Someday. I hope you do the Pirates next time so I can see the rooms. A whole pirate themed trip would be SO much fun (pirate room, Pirate League, pirate cruise (the one that's just for kids), the nighttime Wishes Peter Pan cruise, MNSSHP. Too bad it's so close to my trip (and I don't have a bunch of extra money! LOL

Looking forward to more pictures!!!
I wish you could have left on Thursday too. Oh well. Ugh for Matt's check being less than you thought. That's a bummer! But, like you said, the bills have to be paid.

I've looked at the pirate rooms and the vacation would cost over $300.00 more for them. I haven't decided yet if it would be worth it or not. If we do book one, I know that I'll probably do some kind of pirate themed trip like you said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alicat25 View Post
I am enjoying your trip report and love all of the photos. I look forward to the next update!
I'm glad that you're enjoying the report and pictures. It's always nice to hear somebody is having a good time reading.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stacopp View Post
Great trip report so far! Looking forward to more! I really enjoyed your last trip report as well.
Thanks! You'll soon see that this trip had a lot less mishaps than our last trip. Thank goodness!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinia View Post
I love this TR! Keep it coming please!
I appreciate the kind words. I hope to get another installment up very soon.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-25-2009, 09:09 PM   #213
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneygirlinnj View Post
Found your link from another PTR and I'm hooked! your family seems like so much fun!
Thanks for coming over. I see that you've got a trip coming up soon. I bet you're extremely excited.

We are a pretty fun family. There's hardly a dull moment when you're with us. That being said, John does get a tad upset with us on our first day at Epcot. I'll post details later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Lisa your pictures are, as always, spectacular. Thanks for sharing. I'm so enjoying following your family's trip.
I appreciate the compliment. I hope to have more pictures posted soon.

Old 08-25-2009, 09:20 PM   #214
aaaateamsgrandma
DIS Veteran

The update was excellent. I love those corner rooms. Don and I had one at CSR. The girls were on either side of us. But I guess those cm's knew who was important. They make the room seem bigger and all that light. Well all those clouds and rain drops. Lucky you on your upgrade. Totally excellent.

I had the day from somewhere not on this earth. No computer, no internet. It was the pits. I swear it lasted 42 hours. I came home, took a nap and Don fixed his own dinner. What a good man.

Ginny

Follow this link to see my TR. Rain, Surprise Birthdays, Rain, First Visits and did I mention Rain?

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2211283&
Old 08-25-2009, 09:29 PM   #215
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Now that I've replied to all of the recent posts, I'll share my blooper of the night.

My boss' birthday is tomorrow. It's also his dad's. They don't eat any kind of sweets with the exception of pound cake. I'm the baker of my family and John's family. Any time there is a get-together (mostly on my side 'cause any time John's side gets together, there's usually some kind of squabble however little it may be ), I'm always the one who brings a homemade, made from scratch dessert.

I come home from work tonight, make homemade tomato soup and grilled cheese sandwiches. Nothing fancy, just something that was quick so I could start on the pound cake.

I had already picked out a recipe from my Paula Deen (or is it Dean?) cookbook. I get it all mixed up and the mix tastes really good. I pour it into my pan and put it in the oven to cook for 1 hour and 20 minutes. I go in there about 15 minutes ago and the entire middle of the cake has fallen flat. When I say flat, I mean flaaaaaaat. The sides are still up top and the middle is super dooper sunk in. Crapadelic! I've never had a pound cake do that.

It's lookin' like the old bossman won't be getting his pound cake tomorrow 'cause it's 9:27 p.m. and I ain't mixing up another cake this time of night. Oddball and the raccoons, on the other hand, will be having cake tonight.

Old 08-25-2009, 09:37 PM   #216
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
Now that I've replied to all of the recent posts, I'll share my blooper of the night.

My boss' birthday is tomorrow. It's also his dad's. They don't eat any kind of sweets with the exception of pound cake. I'm the baker of my family and John's family. Any time there is a get-together (mostly on my side 'cause any time John's side gets together, there's usually some kind of squabble however little it may be ), I'm always the one who brings a homemade, made from scratch dessert.

I come home from work tonight, make homemade tomato soup and grilled cheese sandwiches. Nothing fancy, just something that was quick so I could start on the pound cake.

I had already picked out a recipe from my Paula Deen (or is it Dean?) cookbook. I get it all mixed up and the mix tastes really good. I pour it into my pan and put it in the oven to cook for 1 hour and 20 minutes. I go in there about 15 minutes ago and the entire middle of the cake has fallen flat. When I say flat, I mean flaaaaaaat. The sides are still up top and the middle is super dooper sunk in. Crapadelic! I've never had a pound cake do that.

It's lookin' like the old bossman won't be getting his pound cake tomorrow 'cause it's 9:27 p.m. and I ain't mixing up another cake this time of night. Oddball and the raccoons, on the other hand, will be having cake tonight.
There's always Sara Lee!

I'm sure Oddball and the racoons will enjoy.
Old 08-25-2009, 09:43 PM   #217
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Great CBR pictures, as always Lisa!
Old 08-25-2009, 09:47 PM   #218
aaaateamsgrandma
DIS Veteran

Lisa that is terrible. You poor dear. It is so aggravating. The price of the ingrediants, the work put into making it and then boom. Total disaster. I guess you will get a veggie tray. Put a candle in it. What did you get him for his birthday? I'm the worst birthday picker outer ever. I always get my boss a gc to the bike shop.

Follow this link to see my TR. Rain, Surprise Birthdays, Rain, First Visits and did I mention Rain?

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2211283&
Old 08-25-2009, 09:48 PM   #219
mommytothreeboys
DIS Veteran

HOLY COW Lisa!! Page 15 already??? I'll start first thing tomorrow...right now I need to go to bed! See ya in the AM...can't wait to read about this trip!
Old 08-25-2009, 10:15 PM   #220
longing2Batdisney
DIS Veteran

Oh! Lisa; so sorry to hear about your cake!
I don't bake especially from scratch;but, I love to cook!
your soup sounds good; I never ate tomato soup until we ate at "Earl of Sandwich" at DTD. Ashton is our soup eater, I may need your receipe.

have a great night!
Old 08-26-2009, 12:07 AM   #221
MadilynnsMomma
...first star to the right, and straight on til morning...

Oh Lisa - I want to be at CBR NOW!!! Thanks for feeding my daily addiction of pictures of places I just have to see to believe!

Join the 2012 MNSSHP Guest List Now!!!

Old 08-26-2009, 08:43 AM   #222
MICKEY4EVER!
Are we there yet?

Mornin' Lisa! Looking forward to hearing more about your adventures in Disney today. Happy Birthday to the boss man. Sorry about that cake. It always happens like that, doesn't it? The most important cakes, the ones that JUST CAN'T MESS UP, always mess up! Arrrggh! I bet Oddball was glad tho.

"The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you."

"You can't keep trouble from visitin, but you don't have to offer it no chair."
Old 08-26-2009, 08:48 AM   #223
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
The update was excellent. I love those corner rooms. Don and I had one at CSR. The girls were on either side of us. But I guess those cm's knew who was important. They make the room seem bigger and all that light. Well all those clouds and rain drops. Lucky you on your upgrade. Totally excellent.

I had the day from somewhere not on this earth. No computer, no internet. It was the pits. I swear it lasted 42 hours. I came home, took a nap and Don fixed his own dinner. What a good man.

Ginny
I can't remember if you posted pictures of the CSR in your trip report. If ya did, I'm going back to take another look. Gotta keep my options open.

I know what you mean about looooong days and nothing turning out right. Hate thosek inds of days. Hopefully, today will be better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
There's always Sara Lee!

I'm sure Oddball and the racoons will enjoy.
John and I nibbled on it last night and it didn't taste bad at all. A little packy but it tasted good. We will probably just throw out the rest.

The boss will just have to wait until another day to get a pound cake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momof2Disneyboys View Post
Great CBR pictures, as always Lisa!

Thanks! I will be posting more today.

Old 08-26-2009, 08:51 AM   #224
mommytothreeboys
DIS Veteran

I told you I'd be here first thing! I'm all caught up...all 15 pages!

First...so exciting that Lacey is able to join you. I can't imagine what it will be like to take vacations without all 3 boys. That time is quickly approaching though...time sure flies. My oldest, Dan, starts HIGH SCHOOL in a couple of weeks!

Second....so uncanny how Lacey looks just like you and Hunter looks just like John! WOW!!

I am so sorry that your family had to witness the horrific accident on your drive to WDW. I'm sure it would have played in my mind over and over as well. So sad. I remember when I was very young, my parents witnessed a similar accident on the highway and they have not forgotten it to this day. (Thankfully my brothers and I were asleep.)

I LOVE that 20 Questions game! We got it for the boys a few Christmases ago and that thing is CREEPY!!! We even got it to guess "booger"....okay so it said phlegm, but that's close enough! Crazy thing!

Love the pics of your room at CBR! We got a corner room at POR as well and the extra window really does make it seem bigger. I love all the detail pics of the room. I'm always so excited to be there, that I don't take enough pictures of the room.

Just have to say that your family is awesome! I love that you laugh and joke and are silly together...you remind me of us! We all just get a kick out of the same crazy stuff....and we laugh about it for weeks! And we are big on tradition as well...we would so stop at the same McDonald's every trip just for tradition's sake!

Can't wait to hear more about this fabulous trip!!!!
Old 08-26-2009, 08:52 AM   #225
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Lisa that is terrible. You poor dear. It is so aggravating. The price of the ingrediants, the work put into making it and then boom. Total disaster. I guess you will get a veggie tray. Put a candle in it. What did you get him for his birthday? I'm the worst birthday picker outer ever. I always get my boss a gc to the bike shop.
I was aggravated. I usually am quite good with desserts. Who knows what happened.

I'm going to take another stab at a pound cake but probably won't do it until this weekend. Heck, I've gotta go buy more eggs before I can start. This one took 6!

My boss is hard to buy for. He and his family are all really active recycle people. They never buy books new. They hit up book sales and library sales or he goes on Amazon and orders them used. He likes old Sci-Fi stuff so I stopped by Cracker Barrell on my way home last night and got Volume I and Volume II of Twighlight Zone. It was my lucky day because they had all their DVDs, buy one/get the second half off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommytothreeboys View Post
HOLY COW Lisa!! Page 15 already??? I'll start first thing tomorrow...right now I need to go to bed! See ya in the AM...can't wait to read about this trip!
Hopefully, you'll get caught up today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by longing2Batdisney View Post
Oh! Lisa; so sorry to hear about your cake!
I don't bake especially from scratch;but, I love to cook!
your soup sounds good; I never ate tomato soup until we ate at "Earl of Sandwich" at DTD. Ashton is our soup eater, I may need your receipe.

have a great night!
I absolutely love to bake. At Christmas time, I have an entire day that I do nothing but make sweets. Then, I put them on platters and John and Hunter deliver them to our nextdoor neighbors for Christmas. I also make candies and cookies for John's customers. Never hurts to remind them that we appreciate their business and to come back for more.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: