Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-28-2009, 07:15 PM   #1711
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyGodmotherJen View Post
Ooh - those prices at Kodak sound good. We usually do Walgreens and pick them up, or Shutterfly, but I might just have to try Kodak this time. I'm still printing pictures to scrapbook from our trip a year ago...

That CM was just rude. Maybe it's the ride. DH and I were surpised last fall when we rode Buzz - there was absolutely no one else in line, and they wouldn't let us just stay on and ride again. We had to walk out and then all the way back through the lines. Maybe they just stick the grumpy ones there?

We're going to get to the point where we can enjoy the lack of lines during Spectro. Right now, with my kiddos, if we're not watching it we're heading back to the hotel! Glad you were able to sneak a few in!
I was really surprised how cheap I could get the pictures printed on the Kodak Gallery website. Usually, websites try to throw in extra costs. There were no extra costs!

Don't feel bad about not having your pictures done from last year's trip. I still haven't had all of mine printed either.

The Buzz CM was the only rude one we encountered during our whole trip. Maybe, like you said, they throw the bad attitude ones over to the Buzz Lightyear attraction.

We like to see the Spectro Magic parade at least once every trip. Because we spend two days in the Magic Kingdom, we knew we would see the parade on our second day.

Old 10-28-2009, 07:42 PM   #1712
Angelrose
Likes to dance in golden sun beams
Knows too many details about Gnarf, Fnarfle, Grotchy and Ronkle....yep, she needs help!! ;)
Drives me even crazier than I am

Lisa, just download your pictures to Shutterfly. Then double click on picture to view larger. Right click to "view image", highlight the url and hit ctrl and the letter c (for copy). To post [ img ] without spaces then hit ctrl and letter v (for view) then [ /img ] without spaces. Now that's how I do it. I don't have Explorer, I have Firefox so it may be different. I don't know. My son told me how to post pictures and I wrote it down so I would never forget. It sounds complicated, but once you do it, you'll see it's not at all.
Register to remove

Old 10-28-2009, 08:12 PM   #1713
Wrexie
Disney-bound in January 2010!

Ok, I'm finally opening up a Shutterfly account because I just store all my photos on my hard drive and that is not conducive to sharing them online!

I'm going to post a couple pictures to my pre-trip report thread (see link below) including my last Disney trip in 2004!
Old 10-28-2009, 08:48 PM   #1714
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaaateamsgrandma View Post
My mom has a place in Winter Haven, Fl. which is not far from Disney. We would go see her and one of her husbands at the time and go to Cypress Gardens. It was so pretty. So one year brother Gary took her and one of them to Epcot. Mom was amazed. She had never even been near Disney but she thought it would be set up like a circus and everything out in tents. Nothing permanent. She told Gary she was glad she went but had no desire to go back. Brother Tom has the place in Fl now and he and his older son and family were at Disney when we were there. We just didn't find time to get together. The were there 5 days, 2 Disney, 1 Sea World, 1 to Venice Beach and 1 playing golf while the wife and kids sat. Way too much stuff to do in such a short amount of time. I will never forget my first visit in 74.
Ginny I am cracking up here. You said "one of her husbands". Does she have more than one? LOL! And then you said you took one of them to Disney. No I see she may have been married more than once, but was she married to more than one at the same time?! If so, She's the WOMAN!!!
Old 10-28-2009, 09:12 PM   #1715
belle8306
DIS Veteran

Wow! I have a lot of catching up to do! I have just started your TR and I am really enjoying it. You have a great writing style! I am looking forward to reading more!
Old 10-29-2009, 08:47 AM   #1716
It'sWDW4me
Fairly new... still gets a tag :)
HOLD THE PHONE!
I think it's easier to reason with a CHIMPANZEE than to reason with a tween/early teen!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
Our host walked us through the restaurant and we kept walking and kept walking and kept walking until we reached the very last table in the entire place. Right up against the railing. We weren't even in the main restaurant any more. There were only three other families in the section with us and a lot of empty tables.
Oh my goodness - I'll bet that was the same exact table that my son and I sat at in August 2007! It was quiet which, at the time, was a good thing because I had SUCH a sinus cold going on that I truly thought my head would explode!!! But, on the other hand, I was quite disappointed in the experience. I had heard that it was just such a fun dinner but, meh, I really didn't see it. Maybe I need to give it another try. Brandon did ask for ketchup - hee, hee - and he also had a blast running multiple times when the next kid asked for ketchup. And I have a picture of Brandon drinking from the "glass" of soda that the server brought out after he drank his first glass down in two seconds, flat! Yeah, maybe I'll try it again and ask for an inside table. I wanna be where the action's at!

WDW Commando Member #120

Me; DS (17); Bear (6); Cosmo (6? He's a stray who found his home with us)

No more tickers for a very long while.

March 1986 - offsite; March 2002 - offsite; August 2006 - POP; August 2007 - OKW (free upgrade from ASMo!); August 2008 - POR; August 2010 - CBR ; August 2012 - DCL's Fantasy ; July 2013 - POP & 1st solo trip!
Old 10-29-2009, 09:07 AM   #1717
It'sWDW4me
HOLD THE PHONE!
I think it's easier to reason with a CHIMPANZEE than to reason with a tween/early teen!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BriesMomma View Post
Lisa, I'm here from "the site which shall not be named." I'm guessing its based in Nazi Germany.... Anyway- thanks for showing me this place. It's much more "me."

I seceded from TSWSNBN a few weeks ago, haven't been back there since, and don't miss it a lick! DIS place rocks!

WDW Commando Member #120

March 1986 - offsite; March 2002 - offsite; August 2006 - POP; August 2007 - OKW (free upgrade from ASMo!); August 2008 - POR; August 2010 - CBR ; August 2012 - DCL's Fantasy ; July 2013 - POP & 1st solo trip!
Old 10-29-2009, 09:21 AM   #1718
It'sWDW4me
HOLD THE PHONE!

I did it! I'm totally caught up now! It sure didn't help that I was down and out with bronchitis for 5 whole days. Being able to breathe without hacking up a lung each and every minute really is a wonderful thing.

WDW Commando Member #120

Old 10-29-2009, 09:30 AM   #1719
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

After watching the fireworks from Tomorrowland, it was time to hit Fantasyland! First up was The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh. The wait time was 15 minutes. Not too bad.

Unfortunately, we were in line behind a man and woman who didn't watch their kids. The kids were young, probably 3 and 5. The kids were swinging the chains which meant the chains were hitting everybody in the line. They were climbing on anything and everything they could find. Once, they jumped down from the railing and landed on John. On several occasions, they would chase each other behind us and then push their way back through. Never once did the parents get on to their children. I know that kids will be kids but still.

After what seemed like way more than 15 minutes (not because we waited longer than that but because we had to endure the rambunctious kids with inattentive parents), we boarded our honey pot and were off to join Pooh on his adventures:

We wanted to see if the line for Dumbo was very long and, of course, it was so we skipped it. Hunter saw the sword in the stone and wanted to see if he could pull it out. We had to wait for several other little boys to give it a try before it was Hunter's turn.

While we waited, I took a few pictures of the castle.

Okay, Hunter, give it a tug:

No...a real tug:

Alas! The sword remained set in stone.

Continued in next post

Old 10-29-2009, 09:40 AM   #1720
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

We stopped in Mickey's PhilarMagic and, of course, it was absolutely wonderful. I think this is the best 3D show in all of Walt Disney World. Love it!

Next up on our touring list was It's A Small World. But, not before I made another pit stop. "Not again!" Hunter said. I told them to just sit tight 'cause I'd be right back. Here's how John spent his time waiting:

Crazy man!

I found my crew and we hopped in line for It's A Small World. Be prepared....I took lots of pictures. I normally don't take that many but I knew I'd be posting them on the Dis so I took a bunch.

Ready for a boat ride? Let's sing together now..... "It's a small world after all! It's a small world after all! It's a small world after all! It's a small world after all! It's a small small world!"

Are you still singing?

Old 10-29-2009, 09:40 AM   #1721
MICKEY4EVER!
Are we there yet?

I try to be attentive to Mitchell and let him burn off steam w/out interfering with anyone else! It drives me insane to see parents who let their kids do whatever.

I love all of the pics of your ride through Winnie the Pooh! Too bad about Dumbo. That ride is always packed. Cute pictures of Hunter and trying to pull out the sword!

"The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you."

"You can't keep trouble from visitin, but you don't have to offer it no chair."
Old 10-29-2009, 09:43 AM   #1722
MICKEY4EVER!
Are we there yet?

Still Singing!

It's a small, small world!!!!!!!!!

"The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you."

"You can't keep trouble from visitin, but you don't have to offer it no chair."
Old 10-29-2009, 09:50 AM   #1723
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Umm.....excuse me? Why'd you stop singing? I've got more pictures! It's a small world after all! It's a small world after all! It's a small world after all! It's a small small world!

Hidden Mickey leaves:

Keep singing! We're almost done!

Shake it baby!

Ever notice that the shape of the koalas faces and ears make a hidden Mickey?

And, last but not least, a couple of the goodbye signs:

Now that I have the small world song stuck in your head, I think I'll stop here for now.

Old 10-29-2009, 09:54 AM   #1724
aaaateamsgrandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
Ginny I am cracking up here. You said "one of her husbands". Does she have more than one? LOL! And then you said you took one of them to Disney. No I see she may have been married more than once, but was she married to more than one at the same time?! If so, She's the WOMAN!!!
Jen, we get a laugh out of my mother. My dad passed away in 1987. In 1988 she remarried. He passed away in 97 and she remarried in 2001. He passed away in 2005 so she has been alone now for awhile. Her name is Mary and my kids call her Mary and Bury. She was very fortunate in her husbands. They were all wonderful men. How they managed to live with her I don't understand. I'm sure if you read comments on my TR you would understand. Let's just say at 85 she is a bitter lonely woman. And I have vowed to never be like her in any way.

Ginny

Follow this link to see my TR. Rain, Surprise Birthdays, Rain, First Visits and did I mention Rain?

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2211283&
Old 10-29-2009, 09:55 AM   #1725
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Thanks, Lisa. Now I can't get that song out of my head and I'll probably be humming it all day at work. I'm sure the extra attorneys I'm working for today will love that (my co-worker who sits by me is out today--her daughter has the Swine Flu).

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: