Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-25-2009, 06:53 PM   #1651
Disney4nonah
Mouseketeer

heh, heh, just caught up from last time i commented on 9/8/09. *whew* that was about 38 pages for me to catch up, that's a lot of clicking :D

Can wait to hear about your whispering canyon ADR, I am mulling over going there in Jan.

*hugs* Wenonah

Me 42- DH 45-
POR Jan 20-28, 2015
POFQ Jan 19-26, 2010
POFQ May 25-31, 2009;
Old 10-25-2009, 08:36 PM   #1652
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Here's some recent Fall looking pics I took

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-25-2009, 09:44 PM   #1653
aaaateamsgrandma
DIS Veteran

Once again, excellent photos

Follow this link to see my TR. Rain, Surprise Birthdays, Rain, First Visits and did I mention Rain?

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2211283&
Old 10-25-2009, 09:57 PM   #1654
racefanof88
DIS Veteran

Hey Lisa, I am so excited that we will be there at the same time . It is going to be so much fun . I told Leanne we need to make plans to all meet up and maybe even have a girls only plan .

24 TRIPS AND COUNTING
Old 10-26-2009, 10:40 AM   #1655
aaaateamsgrandma
DIS Veteran

Good morning Lisa. Hope you are having a good Monday. Raining here of course. Like I would ever expect something different. It is in the 50's so that does help a little. Just me and the Doc today so a little busy with Monday phones.

Have a good day.

Ginny

Follow this link to see my TR. Rain, Surprise Birthdays, Rain, First Visits and did I mention Rain?

Old 10-26-2009, 10:54 AM   #1656
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Morning all!

The boss has gone to a meeting out of the office so I'm going to work on an installment. Be back in a while to post the installment and replies.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 10-26-2009, 11:17 AM   #1657
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

It was really nice to just spend time at the resort swimming in the quiet pool and lazing around in the hammocks. The extra change was nice too. We were so excited, you'd have thought we had found oodles and oodles of cash.

By the time we made it back to the room, Lacey was ready. The rest of us showered and dressed and were soon walking down to the bus stop. Again, we took the short walk to the Old Port Royale bus stop. In no time at all, a Magic Kingdom bus pulled up and we were on our way.

Lacey and Hunter talked non-stop. They just can't seem to get enough of each other now that Lacey is going to college in Georgia. John and I were busy looking out the window. We've spotted deer and turkeys before and are always on the lookout. Sure enough, about halfway through the ride, we spotted a deer just outside the tree line.

Soon, we were pulling into to Magic Kingdom bus stop. Thankfully, the driver stopped in the second bus stop (not the CBR stop) so our walk to the boat dock was shorter. We walked down to the dock and were the first ones in line. By the time we saw the boat pulling up, there were lots of people in line behind us.

We were able to get seats in front of the boat which was nice because I was able to get a few pictures. The breeze felt nice because it was still hot outside.

We let most of the people get off before we did. Once we got on the pathway, I took a picture as were walking:

John, Hunter and I had seen the resort during our August, 2007 trip. Lacey had not seen it. I asked Lacey if she'd like to stay here one day and she said "Not really. It looks like our house." I've got to tell ya'll right now.....our house is not in any way, shape, form or fashion, as massive or luxurious as the Wilderness Lodge. What she meant was most people never get to stay in log houses/cabins so there is a "novelty" to the resort for us. All of Lacey and Hunter's friends think our house is the neatest thing. To us, it's our house. Anyway, that's what she meant about "Not really. It looks like our house."

We walked over to the Whispering Canyon to check in and there's lots and lots of people standing around. After waiting for two other people to check in before me, the castmember waved me over and took my name. They didn't give us a pager thing, just told us they'd call our name.

We took a seat on the couch and chairs nearby and waited. I took a few pictures:

***Gotta stop. Photobucket just shut down. Will come back when I figure out what went wrong.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!

Last edited by mickeystoontown; 10-26-2009 at 01:12 PM.
Old 10-26-2009, 11:50 AM   #1658
Bethislucy
DIS Veteran

lol well photobucket probably knows I'm waiting to see & hear about WCC from you so it went on the fritz to make me wait.
Old 10-26-2009, 01:02 PM   #1659
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Let's see how long I can keep the photobucket site up. It keeps shutting down and is frustrating the doodie out of me.

We waited about 20 minutes before our name was called. Some of the people who were standing around when we checked in were still standing around. I don't know if they were early checker inners (just made that word up by the way) or what.

Our host walked us through the restaurant and we kept walking and kept walking and kept walking until we reached the very last table in the entire place. Right up against the railing. We weren't even in the main restaurant any more. There were only three other families in the section with us and a lot of empty tables.

Our waitress Heda Lettuce came quickly and asked if we were on the dining plan. I told her yes and that we had used it before. Didn't want her to have to go through the whole spiel of how it works. She took our drink order and said she'd be back in a minute.

In the meantime, I took a couple of pictures of the menu:

John, Lacey and I decided to get the skillet and Hunter wanted a burger with fries. Heda came back pretty quickly with our drinks and some cornbread and butter. Heda asked if we had decided what we wanted. She was very funny...calling Hunter "Partner" and John "Whistle Britches" and just generally trading jokes with us. We fit right in 'cause we are never serious. We placed our order and within about 15 minutes our food came out.

I know that I made everybody sit back while I took pictures. Of course, my camera was acting a fool and most didn't come out. You'll notice the date on the most recent pictures.....1/1/09...yeah, well, it was August! When Heda put Hunter's plate down, she asked if he needed anything. He just looked at it and said "no m'am." She said "are you suuuuure?" I knew what she wanted him to say. He looked around the table and said "oh yeah, ketchup". She took him by the hand and walked him back to the main room and made him yell "I NEED KETCHUP!"

Heda told him to come back to the table and before long two little kids came with a bottle of ketchup. Then, Heda came back with six more. Since we were sitting in the outer room, nobody could find us and just gave them to Heda to bring to our table.

As we were eating, we could hear music playing and could see a few people walking around and dancing in the main room. It was then that I could see that we were missing out on the atmosphere of the restaurant. Oh well, it was nice and peaceful where we were and we had a nice view of the lodge.

Everything was so good. I wish the pictures had turned out so you could see the skillet. You can see a little bit of it in the picture above.....ribs, beans and corn on the cob. There was so much food that we couldn't eat it all. We made a big dent in it though.

Heda came around and refilled our drinks often and checked up on us. We saved a little room in our tummies for dessert because I had heard the desserts were really good too.

Lacey and I ordered the smores cheesecake. John ordered the bourbon pecan pie and Hunter ordered plain vanilla ice cream.

Nobody ate all of their dessert. Hunter ate about 2 bites of his ice cream. Lacey and I ate about half of our cheesecake and even John left a bite of pecan pie on his plate.

Heda came by our table to check up on us again and we told her we were so stuffed we could hardly move. She told us the stragglers had to help clean the kitchen later on. We asked for our bill!

We would definitely eat at Whispering Canyon again. I think it would have been fun to eat in the main dining room but as we walked back through the restaurant, we could see that it was packed. It was nice to have sat in the outer room where we had room to move without bumping into other guests.

****Stopping 'cause Photobucket just shut down again. I'll be back when it comes back up.

Old 10-26-2009, 01:10 PM   #1660
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Oops just noticed that the picture of the menu that I posted above were the dessert menu not the main menu. Must have lost that one in the frick 'em frack 'em camera!

Old 10-26-2009, 01:24 PM   #1661
longing2Batdisney
DIS Veteran

Great update!!! Whispering Canyon is the one definate sit down dinner I have and you just locked it in stone!!! I really think Danny is going to love it!! and would approve of the food; that pecan pie looks DELISH!!...I love how the resort looks!!! I can't wait to see it for Christmas I heard it is beautiful!!! wish I could afford to stay there (maybe--who knows )

jen~ great fall shots; as always!!!

Last edited by longing2Batdisney; 10-26-2009 at 01:38 PM.
Old 10-26-2009, 01:28 PM   #1662
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommytothreeboys View Post
Hi Lisa! An afternoon by the pool sounds delightful! I'm glad you took the time to do that.

Isaiah is very self conscious about his weight. He's a bit on the chubby side, but I have a feeling he won't be for too much longer. I expect him to shoot up in height really soon. Jeff went through a chubby pre-teen stage too, so I'm not too concerned. I did get a call from his gym teacher saying he wasn't changing for gym though. How sad that he is that body conscious at 12. Ugh.

I LOVE Little People, Big World! You and I have very similar television tastes! How did you feel about Dave winning Hell's Kitchen??

Can't wait to hear about WCC. It's one place we would definitely like to try!
We had a great time just hanging out and swimming. It's just so hard for me knowing that there are four, count 'em, four theme parks out there just waiting on me to come on in.

I really wondered if Hunter would have a problem dressing out for p.e. too since he's getting a little self conscious. So far, so good. All of us keep telling him how tall he is getting. Any time he says anything about getting a belly on him, we say we all do.

I love Little People Big World. I can tell that Amy is getting more and more frustrated with Matt. They have already made a couple of references to their spats. Matt needs a stop button or at least a slower-downer. What's that thing they have on go-carts and scooters......a governor!

Hunter and I watched the last episode of Hell's Kitchen and were on pins and needles waiting to see who won. John, on the other hand, fell asleep in the recliner. We were rooting for Dave and were so happy when he won! The one handed cooking machine!

We really enjoyed our meal at the Whispering Canyon. Everything we ate was delicious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angies1274 View Post
Great Update!!

It sounds like you had such a nice, relaxing afternoon at CBR!!--and YAY!! for finding money in the sand!!

Can't wait to hear about WCC!!!
When we got back to the room, Hunter had to tell Lacey about the money we had found. You would have thought we found a pirate's treasure chest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
You guys are like us. I hate coffee. Skip drinks it in the monrnng, but he does instant. If it's super crappy, he likes it. LOL!
I do not like coffee. I have even "doctored" it up with creamer or milk or sugar or flavors and I just don't care for it. John could drink pots of it a day.

Old 10-26-2009, 01:32 PM   #1663
aaaateamsgrandma
DIS Veteran

I thought you put the dessert menu up twice for me. That is my fav part of any meal. If you are still hungry you can have food. Altho that food looked good. I hear from some it is very good and from others not so much. I do think it is the atmosphere that makes food really good tho.

Ginny

Old 10-26-2009, 01:36 PM   #1664
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikester View Post
Finally, I'm all caught up now! Some how I got behind.

I cannot stand heat and humidity! I'd probably melt like the Wicked Witch in the Wizard of Oz if I evey went to WDW during the summer. "What a world! What a world!"
We've gone to Disney all different times of the year....May, June, August, September and November. It's never ever been as hot as it was this past trip. I usually don't sweat and I was sweatin'!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tractortippin View Post
Ok so I wanted to finally say hi! I found your report a couple weeks ago and I was finally able to read the whole thing!! (I dont have a ton of time on the computer so it takes me a while)

Love your report so far! You guys all look like your having so much fun!

Looking forward to more! Although if I keep reading everyone elses I'm never going to have time to start my own!!! Thats ok though!
Welcome aboard! I love new readers. We do have a lot of fun together. This trip was extra special since Lacey was able to come along with us.

When you do decided to start your trip report, please post a link for us. I love reading reports.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bethislucy View Post
I can't wait to hear about WCC we are eating there for the first time this trip.
Just posted pictures of Whispering Canyon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrexie View Post
Thanks! That's good to know. I bet DH will be ok with the room coffee. He usually takes longer to get going in the morning than I do, so I think I'll try to get him to take a paper cup of coffee on the bus and pick up more in the park if he wants it. I'll have to make up a map of all the places to get coffee.
And they say women are the slow ones. John takes more time to get ready than I do.

Our local Dollar Tree had the coffee cups and lids like you get at Starbucks. I bought them before the trip but forgot to bring them with us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaaateamsgrandma View Post
Hello Lisa, I've been absent pretty much since Thursday evening. It was busy but fun. We did win our football game Friday. Totally awesome. The boys were so excited. I'm in downtime mode now. Put chicken on to cook for chicken and noodles for dinner. Taking life easy. Enjoy the rest of your day. Christine is off tomorrow so Doc and I will be very busy tomorrow.

Ginny
I was missing in action most of Friday and all weekend. Just didn't have time to Dis or anything else for that matter.

I bet the boys were excited to win! I saw the pictures that Don took of the muddy game.

Old 10-26-2009, 01:40 PM   #1665
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney4nonah View Post
heh, heh, just caught up from last time i commented on 9/8/09. *whew* that was about 38 pages for me to catch up, that's a lot of clicking :D

Can wait to hear about your whispering canyon ADR, I am mulling over going there in Jan.

*hugs* Wenonah
We do like to talk don't we! I would definitely recommend Whispering Canyon. Everything we ate was excellent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
Here's some recent Fall looking pics I took

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaaateamsgrandma View Post
Once again, excellent photos
Aren't her pictures gorgeous!

Jen: Did you ever find out the results of the Disney princess picture contest?

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: