Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-22-2009, 10:27 PM   #1636
FairyGodmotherJen
DIS Veteran

Ok, I caught up again (it's fall break, so I have plenty of DIS time ). I need to read the part about you relaxing at CBR to my family (I'm at my in-laws, who are going with us in June) - it sounds wonderful! All of our trips (at least the ones I've had in this decade) have only been 5 days (including our arrival day). We're spending seven whole days, not counting travel, next summer - surely we'll have some time to chill out!

I hope you're still safe and dry. It's raining here again, but nothing like that. I hope things calm down soon, weather-wise!

October 2012 Trip report

Old 10-23-2009, 09:19 AM   #1637
Born 2B a Princess
DIS Veteran

Great update! We loved CBR...the beaches are so relaxing. We wanted to rent a sailboat or the paddle boats but never did...we'll have to try that on our next trip! Can't wait to hear what you thought of WCC!

July 2009 TR (unfinished): http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2249276
Disneyland, '83, '85, Grad Night '89
POP, Jul '07 / CBR, Jul '09 / ASMo, Oct '09 / Offsite, Nov '10
DTD hotels, Apr '11 / ASSp, Oct '11 / POP, Dec '11
CS, Sept '13
???, Jun '13
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-23-2009, 09:20 AM   #1638
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

fun update. I can't wait to hear about WCC. We ate there in 2008 and really liked it. I love Wilderness Lodge! I want to stay there someday. Better go by that lottery ticket, so I can! LOL!
I hope the rain stopped for you and you didn't have to boat home!
Old 10-23-2009, 11:51 AM   #1639
longing2Batdisney
DIS Veteran

Good Morning! Lisa,
it turned out to be a beautiful day!!!! hope you don't have to be in the office all day today!!
looking forward to your WC report (if you remember so far it is the only sit down dinner I have chosen as a def for next year)!! they may need to just leave the flood walls up with all the rain and snow north of us our rivers are going to really swell!!! Danny made a comment about it Saturday when we were passing through New Orleans...

Have a wonderful weekend!! suppose to be a beauty
Connie
Old 10-23-2009, 12:08 PM   #1640
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaaateamsgrandma View Post
When I was a kid we lived in Columbia, Mo. My dad's office was in Jefferson City and you had to cross the MO river. They used to lay strips on bridges that had grooves so when it iced and snowed your car could get traction. They laid them lenghthwise instead of crosswise on this bridge so as you were driving the tires would get in them and swerve constantly. I too was in the floorboard hiding. I always thought I would fall and drown. As I got older I decided I wouldn't drown cause I'm a really good swimmer. Not thinking the fall would kill me but I could swim away. I'm an idiot I know for a fact.

See, Hunter is a genius too. Just like Austin.

If I saw that going on across the street I would be gone.
You can see a little bit of one of the bridges that cross the river on the right in the pictures. The middle of that bridge is just metal grating. I hate driving over the middle part.....you wiggle, giggle all over the place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MICKEY4EVER! View Post
Neat pictures, Lisa. Is that your car with the Minnie Head on the antenna?
Good eye! That is indeed my Minnie antenna topper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyodan View Post
Love the report so far! Can't wait to hear about Whispering Canyon.. One of our faves....
I had hoped to get an installment up yesterday afternoon while the boss was gone but didn't. I promise to get it up later today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by claryche View Post
That is so cool that you found that much money. I love it when I find spare change. I get a kick out of it.
I hardly go anywhere that I don't find a few cents. When I was Disney shopping this Summer, I went to Old Navy and bought several pairs of their shorts when they were on for $5.00. As Hunter and I were walking through the mall, I found a quarter, then another quarter, then 3 pennies and just as I rounded the corner to the food court, I found $5.00! Paid for one pair of the shorts with just a walk around the mall.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 10-23-2009, 12:14 PM   #1641
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by aprilisis View Post
Yikes! That is scary about the river flooding. Drop in & let us know you're ok when you can!
The river has stopped rising for now but I think they are expecting it to rise more in the next couple of days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by racefanof88 View Post
I can remember the last time I was in NO(2004). We were at the river front watching the street shows and I can remember thinking how I would hate being there if it flooded. Boy I sure miss going to NO. I loved going to Jax Brewery and the Square, going out on the President and going to the Market Place. I have some masks hanging on the wall next to me that I bought at the Market. I sure hope everything is going to be OK with ya'll. Flooding is scary because you don't know just how bad it is going to be. I will keep ya'll in my prayers.
You know, I have lived in Louisiana all my life and have only been to New Orleans once. Lacey was in a drama competition in New Orleans. (She ended up doing a stand up comedy type routine and placed 3rd.) John has no interest whatsoever in visiting New Orleans again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrexie View Post
Swimming and lazing in the hammocks at CBR sounds like so much fun--I can hardly wait till I'm there in January! Of course it may be a little chilly to swim, but we'll see. I know the pools are heated, but I hate getting out into the "cold" air after warm water. We'll probably rent a canoe and go on the lake.

Since you mentioned the refillable mugs for coffee, that made me think of a question. My DH is a big coffee drinker too. If he wants a couple cups in the morning and we're there for 6 nights, is it better to get the mug? I know there's coffee in the room but I wasn't sure if that was "complimentary" or if you pay per pot like the mini-bar items.

I like really strong, dark coffee every so often as a treat, but only in very small quantities or decaf because I bounce off the walls enough as it is without caffeine!

I made the mistake of drinking a full cup of really strong and yummy Jamaican blue mountain coffee one morning when we were in Jamaica, and I was a nervous Nellie all day until I could get ahold of a drink with some rum to counter the effects!
The coffee in the room is free. There's a 4 cup coffee cup on the dresser beside the television. They give you the little packets of pre-filtered coffee. To make it stronger, you simply add less water.

John said the coffee in the food court was pretty good. But, he's a Folger's coffee kinda guy.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!

Old 10-23-2009, 12:33 PM   #1642
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyGodmotherJen View Post
Ok, I caught up again (it's fall break, so I have plenty of DIS time ). I need to read the part about you relaxing at CBR to my family (I'm at my in-laws, who are going with us in June) - it sounds wonderful! All of our trips (at least the ones I've had in this decade) have only been 5 days (including our arrival day). We're spending seven whole days, not counting travel, next summer - surely we'll have some time to chill out!

I hope you're still safe and dry. It's raining here again, but nothing like that. I hope things calm down soon, weather-wise!
When we started going to Disney, our trips were just 6 days long and one of those days was spent at Universal and one at Sea World. We did that for two years. Then, we decided to bump the vacations up to 7 days and do just Disney. We did that for two years. Now, our vacations are for 9 1/2 days at Disney. This allows for some "down" time. It's really hard for me to not be on the go all the time while at Disney but John and the kids love it.

They have stopped working on the river wall completely but that doesn't mean anything around here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Born 2B a Princess View Post
Great update! We loved CBR...the beaches are so relaxing. We wanted to rent a sailboat or the paddle boats but never did...we'll have to try that on our next trip! Can't wait to hear what you thought of WCC!
We have decided to forego the water parks and more option next year and spend the money renting some type of boat the the CBR and on soveniers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
fun update. I can't wait to hear about WCC. We ate there in 2008 and really liked it. I love Wilderness Lodge! I want to stay there someday. Better go by that lottery ticket, so I can! LOL!
I hope the rain stopped for you and you didn't have to boat home!
I have a few pictures of the WL coming up in the next installment. The Wilderness Lodge is a beautiful resort but I somehow feel too at home there. I guess that comes from living in a log house.

Quote:
Originally Posted by longing2Batdisney View Post
Good Morning! Lisa,
it turned out to be a beautiful day!!!! hope you don't have to be in the office all day today!!
looking forward to your WC report (if you remember so far it is the only sit down dinner I have chosen as a def for next year)!! they may need to just leave the flood walls up with all the rain and snow north of us our rivers are going to really swell!!! Danny made a comment about it Saturday when we were passing through New Orleans...

Have a wonderful weekend!! suppose to be a beauty
Connie
The weather is pretty here so far. It's a bit chilly out though. I'll be headed home in about 30 minutes. Gotta leave the job that pays and go home to the job that doesn't. Laundry to do, dishwasher to unload, etc.

They have completely stopped working on the flood wall. From what I understand, the rain Arkansas was getting should make our river rise even more though.

Old 10-23-2009, 01:07 PM   #1643
mommytothreeboys
DIS Veteran

Hi Lisa! An afternoon by the pool sounds delightful! I'm glad you took the time to do that.

Isaiah is very self conscious about his weight. He's a bit on the chubby side, but I have a feeling he won't be for too much longer. I expect him to shoot up in height really soon. Jeff went through a chubby pre-teen stage too, so I'm not too concerned. I did get a call from his gym teacher saying he wasn't changing for gym though. How sad that he is that body conscious at 12. Ugh.

I LOVE Little People, Big World! You and I have very similar television tastes! How did you feel about Dave winning Hell's Kitchen??

Can't wait to hear about WCC. It's one place we would definitely like to try!
Old 10-24-2009, 08:30 AM   #1644
Angies1274
DIS Veteran

Great Update!!

It sounds like you had such a nice, relaxing afternoon at CBR!!--and YAY!! for finding money in the sand!!

Can't wait to hear about WCC!!!

Old 10-24-2009, 09:38 AM   #1645
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

You guys are like us. I hate coffee. Skip drinks it in the monrnng, but he does instant. If it's super crappy, he likes it. LOL!
Old 10-24-2009, 09:58 AM   #1646
Pikester
DIS Veteran

Finally, I'm all caught up now! Some how I got behind.

I cannot stand heat and humidity! I'd probably melt like the Wicked Witch in the Wizard of Oz if I evey went to WDW during the summer. "What a world! What a world!"

Old 10-24-2009, 11:01 AM   #1647
tractortippin
Mouseketeer

Ok so I wanted to finally say hi! I found your report a couple weeks ago and I was finally able to read the whole thing!! (I dont have a ton of time on the computer so it takes me a while)

Love your report so far! You guys all look like your having so much fun!

Looking forward to more! Although if I keep reading everyone elses I'm never going to have time to start my own!!! Thats ok though!
Old 10-25-2009, 10:55 AM   #1648
Bethislucy
DIS Veteran

I can't wait to hear about WCC we are eating there for the first time this trip.
Old 10-25-2009, 04:18 PM   #1649
Wrexie
Disney-bound in January 2010!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post

The coffee in the room is free. There's a 4 cup coffee cup on the dresser beside the television. They give you the little packets of pre-filtered coffee. To make it stronger, you simply add less water.

John said the coffee in the food court was pretty good. But, he's a Folger's coffee kinda guy.
Thanks! That's good to know. I bet DH will be ok with the room coffee. He usually takes longer to get going in the morning than I do, so I think I'll try to get him to take a paper cup of coffee on the bus and pick up more in the park if he wants it. I'll have to make up a map of all the places to get coffee.
Old 10-25-2009, 04:29 PM   #1650
aaaateamsgrandma
DIS Veteran

Hello Lisa, I've been absent pretty much since Thursday evening. It was busy but fun. We did win our football game Friday. Totally awesome. The boys were so excited. I'm in downtime mode now. Put chicken on to cook for chicken and noodles for dinner. Taking life easy. Enjoy the rest of your day. Christine is off tomorrow so Doc and I will be very busy tomorrow.

Ginny

Follow this link to see my TR. Rain, Surprise Birthdays, Rain, First Visits and did I mention Rain?

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2211283&

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: