Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-20-2009, 05:46 PM   #1576
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaaateamsgrandma View Post
Those were beautiful pictures Lisa. Don would love the bird houses too. We have several, mostly ones he and the boys have made. We have several different birds in our yard and a dove's nest under our crepe myrtle. They greet me every morning.

I have a small pict of hairy legs for you to compare to POC

I forgot to thank you for the hairy leg picture! John's legs are really hairy too and his brother likes to pick on him about it.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 10-20-2009, 05:56 PM   #1577
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Lisa, I have to tell you this story cause I know you will get a kick out of my boss once more. When new patients come to see them we tell them up front we do no legal work whatsoever nor do we do anything but provide records. So a few weeks ago an attorney sent for records which were sent. We've seen the lady 3 times. Now last Friday the Atty's secy called to schedule either a depo or court date. I informed her she would need to supbena us cause he will not do it willingly and be careful what you want cause he will not be of any help to the patient and she will be discharged. So today the atty calls me and starts the same thing all over. A doc told her before we ever saw her she should not have custotdy of her children He wants Dr. to state differently. I told him since we did not have access to those records he cannot state what another dr. says. I told him he was welcome to send the records let Dr. review and he might or might not respond. Of course he doesn't want that because then the other side can review the letter in the file. I told him then he needed to schedule an appt with the Dr. that made that comment and let him make the decision. I again stressed that Dr. would probably not be too helpful to his case. What a mess. I told the atty to be careful what he is wishing for. It may backfire. And maybe it will take more than 3 visits for her to improve her situation.

Ginny
I think you handled the situation quite well Mrs. Ginny. The attorney and secretary who kept calling you sound like one of the attorneys at my old office. The attorney would get something in his mind and wouldn't let go. It blew up in his face a couple of times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MICKEY4EVER! View Post
Beautiful pics, Lisa.

No, it doesn't look like fall at all for you! A lot of things are still green for me, too. It's all the rain we've been having, keeping things lush. My grass is starting to turn kind of brown, though, so its a sign of what's coming.

I love how your land looks.
It doesn't look like Fall at all. I need to take pictures of the hugemongous mushrooms growing in front of Mama's house. They started when the rain started and ended up being giant.

Thanks for the compliment on the land.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aprilisis View Post
Your property is beautiful, Lisa! And I love Oddball- what a cutie!!
We have so many trees in our yard so there's a lot of weedeating involved. But it's nice to have apples, pears, figs, plums and flowering trees. Oddball started out being a little bitty thing. Never would I have imagined him growing up as he did. Love him even though he's a pound puppy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrexie View Post
Great Pecos Bill food pics and yard pics! We've got great fall leaves here in Indiana, but for my overnight fall break trip with DH last week, it was rainy and grey so I took almost no pictures.

When I go to MK, I definitely want to have lunch at Cosmic Ray's because I've been there every time and loved it. But we're spending two days in MK, so I may have to try Pecos Bill's for the other lunch!

I'm going to attempt to post a picture of me and DH on our recent trip -- let's see if it works and isn't too huge:

(Edited to get rid of enormous photo--this one should be better!)
I love the picture of you and your hubby! I see that it says caverns. I love caves! Have any more pictures?

We spend two days in the Magic Kingdom too and Pecos Bill's is a must on one of those days.

Quote:
I have banana trees. The main one is not old enough to produce yet. We have the main one then every year we get 3-4 babies. We have to bring them into the garage after the first frost.

I find it odd that children do take things so literally. It's just like whatever is said they take for granted no matter who they hear it from. We have given Andrew heck over the years. He is starting to do somewhat better.
I've seen the big banana trees planted in front of houses but haven't seen bananas. We did the Behind the Seeds tour one year (actually two years in a row) and were able to see the banana trees. Did ya'll know that they give the old trees to the elephants at Animal Kingdom? Just a bit of trivia.

Quote:
Ok, this blows my mind.

I had no idea cameras had settings. I swear some day I will read the book.
I didn't either until Lacey showed me. There should be a menu on your camera and it should point you in the direction of the settings. Maybe you should just hand your camera to one of your grandsons. They're sure to know. That's what I do....hand everything to the kids and they figure it out.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-20-2009, 09:51 PM   #1578
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Now that we had eaten at our favorite Magic Kingdom counter service restaurant, we decided to go see how long the wait was for Splash Mountain. I knew it was a long shot since it was so hot and it was mid-day. I was right, the wait was 130 minutes. Everybody and their grandma and their in-law must have been ready to be splashed. I grabbed Fastpasses for each of us.

What do we do now? Shop! We walked into the Splash Mountain shop in search of John a new pair of sunglasses. He does this every trip. He buys a new pair of sunglasses at home but then decides he needs another pair when we get to Disney. I'm surprised it took him this long into the trip before he wanted a pair.

While he looked for his sunglasses, I took a few pictures. I had never noticed all the little details of the store.

The kids and I wandered around. There wasn't a whole lot of stuff in the store to look at so it didn't take us long before we were done. John wasn't done though. He was still trying to find the perfect pair of sunglasses.

Lacey and Hunter "popped a squat" (one of Lacey's favorite sayings) while I helped John.

I bet John turned that one sunglass display thingie around 25 times. He found the one pair that he liked but he said they felt like they were a little twisted and was looking for another pair like it. Every time I found a pair that I thought were like the ones he had, it was wrong. And they say women are picky! Finally.......after turning, trying on, looking in a mirror, etc. John found a pair he liked and went to pay for them. We also got a Sprite and a Coke from the cooler for Hunter and Lacey.

While we were waiting in line, a boy asked him mother if he could have a Coke. She asked the castmember how much they were and he told her $2.25. She sound very loudly, almost shouted, that there was no way she was spending that much on a soda and refused to get the boy anything to drink. She told him that he would just have to be thirsty. I felt so bad for the boy. It even made John and I a little mad at the mother. I am not a rich person by any means but if I can not afford to buy my child a $2.25 drink at Disney, I shouldn't be there. I do not pretend to know these people and I do not konw their situation but it just did not sit right with me knowing that the boy was told to just be thirsty.

Okay, I'm through with that little rant. We were next in line with John's sunglasses and our two $2.25 drinks. The castmember wrapped the sunglasses in tissue paper and we were on our way.

Now what do we do? I know! We needed to go find the fort on Tom Sawyer's Island. I believe, if I am not mistaken, I saw pictures of the fort on Missy's trip report. Missy, am I right?

Anyhow, we wanted to find the fort. John swore that we could get to Tom Sawyer Island by going all the way down the path near the exit of Big Thunder Mountain. I told him the only way to get to Tom Sawyer Island was by raft. Did he listen? No! We walked towards the Big Thunder Mountain exit and.....BAMM.....the path ended. Then, John walked down another little path and.....BAMM.....the smoking area. I bit my tongue and didn't say "I told you so." I thought it though. We've been to the island lots of times and never ever have we just walked over. Don't know what he was thinking.

We wormed our way through the crowds towards the Tom Sawyer Island raft. The Frontierland walkways were becoming more and more congested. I felt like a salmon trying to swim upstream. Finally, we made it to the raft loading dock. We could see that both rafts were in the water and one was about to dock.

We were soon boarding our raft and on our way to Tom Sawyer Island. I don't know about you guys but I wish they had some kind of cover on those doggone rafts. I know they want to make it look like an authentic Tom Sawyer raft but.....it was blistering hot with the sun shining off the water and all of us crowded onto one little raft. It made me sad/mad to see a smooshed drink cup and a straw floating in the water. Why can't people just wait until they find a garbage can?

Once we made it to the island, we knew that we had a plan to go left and always stay left. I started taking pictures and the camera was doing just fine........for a while.

Crossing the barrel bridge:

We stuck to our plan and continued left and were eventually rewarded with finding the fort! I couldn't believe it. After all the trips on the island, we had never found it. We climbed up and down the stairs and shot pretend bullets at the people below. It was really really neat. We spent about 30 minutes at the fort before we moved on to see the other things the island had to offer.

As we wandered along one path, we saw the riverboat:

I think we walked each and every path on the island. We found a playground, a windmill and a nice shady resting area.

We also found a few caves. There were nooks and crannies and hiding places in the caves and, of course, Hunter and Lacey tried to scare each other and John and I. We found several spots in the walkways where cool air was being pumped in. It felt so good.

Lacey trying to push the cave support down:

Hunter and Lacey at the end of one of the cave walkways. Cool how it looks like it is getting smaller.

After over an hour of just wandering around Tom Sawyer Island, we walked to the raft dock to catch the next raft back to Frontierland. Once we reached the other side, we didn't know what to do. We looked at the stream of folks in Frontierland and then at each other. Sweat beads were on our foreheads because it was so hot.

"Wanna go back to the resort and swim for a while?", I asked. "Yes!" I have to tell you, we haven't taken a mid-day break from the parks since Hunter was just a toddler. So, you know that it was really hot and miserable in the park. "I'll lead the way. Follow me!", I told my troups. We weaved our way to the wooden walkway until we reached Liberty Square. Once we reached Liberty Square, we cut through and walked over the bridge to Adventureland. Then, we cut down the pathway in front of Crystal Palace.

Thanks to my outstanding park navigation skills, we were at the front of the park and on our way to the CBR bus stop. We had to wait about 15 minutes for a bus to come. It didn't surprise me though. Not too many people were coming and going to the parks mid-day.

Up next: A little RNR at the CBR

Old 10-20-2009, 11:58 PM   #1579
aaaateamsgrandma
DIS Veteran

How much fun was that? My girls say "cop a squat" instead of 'pop'. I'm sure it is a regional thing

I can't cross that bridge. I close my eyes when we cross bridges anyway. Except when I drive of course. Then I just look straight at the center line and the car in front of me. They scare me. I'll never forget that tall thing going into New Orleans. EEK.

I've searched for sunglasses more than I care to say. When in Disney Andrew wanted a new pair so Mike helped him pick some out. He tried on many pair and finally chose some. After a bit Sheri looked at him and 'said what is wrong with your sunglasses?' The nose piece was missing. Knowing Andrew they were missing when he bought them. Silly boy. Austin got a new pair of Oakley's and Alex was wearing an old pair of Tim's identical to Austins. Once in a while he would switch them around. Aust caught right on. Silly boys. And we all know what happens to my sunglasses. I'm sticking with cheap ones from here on out.

Ginny

Follow this link to see my TR. Rain, Surprise Birthdays, Rain, First Visits and did I mention Rain?

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2211283&
Old 10-21-2009, 12:03 AM   #1580
EastYorkDisneyFan
DIS Veteran

I love the caves and tunnels on Tom Sawyer Island once when I was walking through the escape tunnel from the fort I said the the line Dead Men tell no tales from pirates, delivering it a little bit like it is in the ride.

Also didn't you post some where that you would post pictures of your son's sword collection?

You can dream, create, design and build the most wonderful place in the world, but it takes people to make the dream a reality.
- Walt Disney
Old 10-21-2009, 07:36 AM   #1581
Wrexie
Disney-bound in January 2010!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post

I love the picture of you and your hubby! I see that it says caverns. I love caves! Have any more pictures?
Thanks! I took some pictures inside the caves but haven't resized or uploaded them anywhere yet. I need to get an account with photobucket or something.

I love the Tom Sawyer Island trip report! That's one of my favorite places to chill out for a bit at MK. I used to always have a lemonade at Aunt Polly's but I guess that is closed now. Boo!
Old 10-21-2009, 07:41 AM   #1582
BPATSMouse
Mouseketeer

Just thought I would say hello and let you know I found your report. I will try to get caught up from where I was "left off". I'm very happy to "come to the dark side"
Old 10-21-2009, 09:45 AM   #1583
Angies1274
DIS Veteran

Catching up again, Lisa!

We love Pecos Bills--YUM!!! The fixing bar is the best!! That's probably why it's always so busy and we have the hardest time finding a place to sit. Oh well....it's that good--so we'll be back.

Wow!!Beautiful pictures around your house!! All my flowers are pretty much gone, now I'm just waiting for all the leaves to fall so I can get them raked up. I have a few piles around the yard, the boys have had fun jumping in them this week.

We haven't explored Tom Sawyer's Island yet. I was hoping to last trip after seeing all the great pictures on Missy's TR, but we ran out of time. It looks like you had a lot of fun and what a nice way to escape the crowds in Frontierland.

Old 10-21-2009, 09:46 AM   #1584
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Great update. I love your yard and home pictures too. Now we need a picture of your house! I love the country life. I don't think I could ever go back and live in the city. Well I could, but wouldn't enjoy it as much!
I'm leaving in about 10 minutes to go on a field trip with Claire to the pumpkin patch and then a park. If I get some good pics I'll post them. The park should have some good color!
Old 10-21-2009, 10:01 AM   #1585
aprilisis

Earning My Ears

Great update! I love the photos from the inside of the Splash Mountain store- I never noticed any of those details before, either!
Old 10-21-2009, 10:32 AM   #1586
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Love the updates. In over 20 visits to Disney, we have never done Tom Sawyer Island--not even when the kids were little. I have no idea why...we just never did it.
Old 10-21-2009, 10:58 AM   #1587
MICKEY4EVER!
Are we there yet?

I'm realizing more and more how much Disney has to offer that I have not yet experienced! It's making me want to go back more and more. I MISS DISNEY!

So, in case you're wondering, I've never been to Tom Sawyer Island. But I think that is something my little guy would enjoy, so I'm going to check it out, when and if I ever make it back! It's killing me not knowing a return date at this point. So I am living vicariously through TR's until I know!

Can't wait to see your RNR pics, Lisa! I'm ready! I'm ready!

"The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you."

"You can't keep trouble from visitin, but you don't have to offer it no chair."
Old 10-21-2009, 11:07 AM   #1588
Cafeen
DIS Veteran

Whew, don't know how I got so far behind. I normally check these boards two or three (ok, five or six... or more) times a day from work. Guess I've just been too busy over the past few days Stupid bosses expecting me to actually earn my paycheck!

I love to see when characters have fun with the "kids" (since, we're all kids in Disney right?), it's just that extra touch that makes things Disney. We didn't get anything quite like that, although most of the ones we met were pretty good.

I don't know if I've even been to Pecos Bill's. The memories of where we ate when I was younger are clouded (and a lot has changed... like Crystal Palace for example), so I have no way of knowing. I did want to try it out when we were there this time, but it was not to be... In Feb though, I'll be sure to try it out since I get to do whatever I want.

Tom Sawyer's Island was always a fun place when I was little, although I was a bit scared of the barrel bridge. Of course, my brother (my elder of 5 years, who happens to be in Disney this week with my 3 year old nephew) always liked to jump on it as I was going across, I'm sure that didn't help things much either. I was also sad as the Riverboat was down for refurb the week I was there, that was something I was really looking forward too .

Next Trip: NOT Solo... 10/17-10/27 @ Pop/CBR split. This time with Brother, Sister-in-Law, Nephew, and Mom (well, at least mostly not solo.)
TRs: Learning to NOT Photograph Fireworks Behind Trees (Sept 2012 PTR (no TR... yet?)
New Camera? Sounds like a perfect excuse for another Disney trip! (Sept 2011 PTR/TR)
Cafeen takes it slow in Sept... (Sept 2010) || Daddy for a week... - (Sept 2009)
Old 10-21-2009, 11:30 AM   #1589
pasofan
Mouseketeer

Great updates, Lisa! I am looking forward to Tom Sawyer's Island when we go next summer.

I'm glad your Mom is doing better, even though that nurse scared her about the stroke. Your property is beautiful, too.

It has taken me several days of reading to get caught up as a bad cold made its rounds through our house. Not much time to be on the DIS when you're nursing sick kids and husbands. To tell the truth, they are usually worse than the kids.

I also booked our trip with our friends this weekend cause I got a pin code email Friday night! Even though I asked them back in September, they still didn't know where they wanted to stay. I called them Saturday and basically said "I need a decision from you on where you want to stay" We were on the phone for 2 1/2 hours Saturday evening hashing out dates and where to stay. Right now, our friends are only coming down for 4 nights 6/4-6/8, but we will be arriving earlier. I was asking my DH for 8 or 9 nights since we only go every couple of years. Because it was near Memorial Day weekend, he said "Why don't we go down the Friday before, instead of Tuesday, and stay till they leave?" I jumped on that and called to make the reservations before he backed out of 11 nights at Wilderness Lodge! I gave him the total after I got off the phone and he didn't have a coronary, so it's a go! That is saying a lot, cause DH is a tightwad, but I love him
Old 10-21-2009, 11:40 AM   #1590
aaaateamsgrandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPATSMouse View Post
Just thought I would say hello and let you know I found your report. I will try to get caught up from where I was "left off". I'm very happy to "come to the dark side"
On behalf of Lisa (she will be eventually), I welcome you to the DIS

I don't think you will be disappointed.

Ginny

Follow this link to see my TR. Rain, Surprise Birthdays, Rain, First Visits and did I mention Rain?

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2211283&

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: