Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-19-2009, 03:55 PM   #1531
MICKEY4EVER!
Are we there yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by longing2Batdisney View Post
Lisa! great pictures I could not get my camera to stop flashing even though I turned it off! so I did not take any pictures
I can't wait to hear about Pecos Bill's we have not tried that yet!

BTW: that straight forward person that just shoots it out without thinking...
THAT WOULD BE ME!! I'm horrible and I have been made aware of it...just like my dad!
I think that is why being a friend on the net is easier for me...I read what I say before I post it (most of the time)...but I do erase alot of post on other threads before posting! Some people what can I say
the last girl I worked with told my mom "Connie should have been an attorney"--Mom told her she was planning to go to law school till she met Danny....Tammy looked at me and said I knew it she told my mom she hurt my feelings the first two months I worked with her than realized she is a sweetheart just shots out exactly what she is thinking w/o really thinking if it is (here's the word) tactful!
Well, my friend is one who gives funny looks, like ones that say "you're stupid" and she doesn't even realize she gives them. If you think she's having a bad day, you can't ask if she's all right b/c she gets offended. She also thinks that her opinion is right and if your's doesn't agree with her's, then you are wrong - just plain wrong, like it or not.

I've learned to live with it and I still enjoy being her friend b/c I know that's just how she is and she doesn't really mean anything by it. If I were a man, though, I know I couldn't have her as a wife b/c I'd constantly be second guessing myself and wondering what I did wrong!

"The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you."

"You can't keep trouble from visitin, but you don't have to offer it no chair."
Old 10-19-2009, 04:02 PM   #1532
MICKEY4EVER!
Are we there yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaaateamsgrandma View Post
Mel, I so understand what you are saying. I too have old fashioned values but the older I get the more independent I get. This man was our daughter's godfather. We do miss him terribly. His name was Ted and he was a big old teddy bear.

Now Connie, I'm shocked and appalled that you just spurt out what is on your mind. Not so much. I always try to use that 'tact' thing when possible but this morning when I hung up on a patient's husband it flew right out the window. The only people that use bad language around me in this office is the Doc, Christine and myself. Never where a patient could hear. Ok the man on my shoulder talks loud. I do wish other people could hear him as much as I could. Sometimes he does not shut up. Dr. says that is why he wears a jacket he can keep him in his pocket and close him up.

I tend to have no patience for people that don't do their job. Thank goodness Christine is such a good worker. Lucky for me. Cause if I ever got on to her she'd leave me in an instant.
I am still laughing about that man on your shoulder. I have a man on my shoulder too that yells too loudly sometimes, too. Sometimes I hush him, sometimes I let him loose a little. You just never know!

"The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you."

"You can't keep trouble from visitin, but you don't have to offer it no chair."
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-19-2009, 04:09 PM   #1533
aaaateamsgrandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MICKEY4EVER! View Post
I am still laughing about that man on your shoulder. I have a man on my shoulder too that yells too loudly sometimes, too. Sometimes I hush him, sometimes I let him loose a little. You just never know!
Sometimes you like to hear what they have to say. My fav statement is "there is a medicine for that". So anytime someone gives me some sort of problem or issue that is what I say. I know I am evil. But it is a fun evil. I would never intentionally hurt someones. I remember from childhood. Once words are said they cannot be unsaid no matter how many apologies are given.

Follow this link to see my TR. Rain, Surprise Birthdays, Rain, First Visits and did I mention Rain?

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2211283&
Old 10-19-2009, 04:19 PM   #1534
mommytothreeboys
DIS Veteran

Love the POTC update! How cool that Hunter was able to calm the little boy's fears a bit.

I did a whole lesson with the children in my church one time about how you can never take your words back no matter how you try. I used a tube of toothpaste and squirted a bunch out into a bowl. Then I asked volunteers to put the toothpaste back into the tube...can't be done. It was a great illustration and I think they got the point!

Oh..here are a few fall pictures for you! We took the boys apple picking this weekend!

Old 10-19-2009, 04:24 PM   #1535
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Lisa, you have a great son there. You should be very proud!
Old 10-19-2009, 04:24 PM   #1536
aaaateamsgrandma
DIS Veteran

Very nice pix Missy. We are just starting to turn here. I'm waiting on the scarlett maple in my front yard to turn. They have in the neighbors but not mine for some reason. Don probably was mean to it. I can tell such a difference from those I put up last week and this week tho.

That word thing is very important. To everyone but especially children. They take everything at face value. My 15 yo grandson Andrew still takes everything so litteral. You have to be very careful of how you say things to him

Follow this link to see my TR. Rain, Surprise Birthdays, Rain, First Visits and did I mention Rain?

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2211283&
Old 10-19-2009, 04:25 PM   #1537
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

I'll be back to respond to your posts. I'm going to try to get another short installment up while the boss is doing some online legal research.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 10-19-2009, 04:37 PM   #1538
longing2Batdisney
DIS Veteran

Great fall pictures Missy! we can not grow apples here! Bananas, oranges, lemons, etc
no apples...and our trees don't really get beautiful colors like that the leaves just fall off!
Thank you for sharing what fall is suppose to look like!
Old 10-19-2009, 04:55 PM   #1539
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

We were all getting really hungry and we knew that we wanted to eat at our favorite Magic Kingdom counter service restaurant. Pecos Bill's! We have to eat there. It's just a given.

We made a left turn to head towards Frontierland and out of the corner of my eye, I spot Wendy greeting guests. This is the first time we had ever seen her. Hunter and I hopped in line while John and Lacey made a bathroom stop.

I have to say that I was a disappointed in Wendy. She looked pretty old for her age and she didn't say too much.

Potty break and character greet done, we made our way to Pecos Bill's. We all got in line and decided what we wanted. Then, John and Hunter went in search of a table since it was getting pretty busy in the restaurant. Lacey stayed with me so she could help if she needed to.

We didn't have to wait too long for our food and we went in search of our guys. We walked just about all the way down the restaurant and just happened to look to our left and see them sitting in a semi-uncrowded room. They told us that a CM had just opened up the room and they were able to score a table immediately. Lucky!

Here's our food before we put all the fixins' on. Lacey ordered a bbq sandwich. I ordered the cheeseburger. Hunter ordered a plain burger. John ordered a taco salad. We also ordered three cakes and one yogurt. I can't remember what kind of cakes we had.

I tried to get a close-up:

Here's Hunter showing off his new necklace. I don't know what's up with the odd expression.

We unloaded all the food and I took the tray back to the fixin's bar. I lined the tray with napkins and started loading up. By the time I got through, I had a tray full of lettuce, tomatoes, pickles, onions (both sauteed and raw), and peppers. I also had little cups of sauteed mushrooms, salsa, mayo, mustard, ketchup and cheese sauce. If they had nothing but the sauteed mushrooms, sauteed mushrooms and cheese sauce, I'd still be a happy camper. They are all sooooo good.

Oh, I forgot, as I was walking to the fixin's bar, I passed several people who had that "oh my goodness am I ever going to find a table" look on their face. I pointed them in the direction of the almost empty room and they thanked me profusely!

Everything was so good. Pecos Bill's is fantastic. There was a family sitting next to us that had two little girls. One was about 4 or 5 and the other was toddling around pretty good. They came over to our table and we told them hello and asked if they were having a good time. They said they were. Then, their parents made them go back to their table. The littlest girl toddled back to our table and fell right beside John's chair. He helped her up and pointed her back in the direction of their table.

John looked at me and said "Isn't she the cutest. Her skin was so soft". I guess her parents overheard him and they immediately got up and left. I told John they must have thought he was a child predator or something. He was just making an innocent comment. Oh well, I guess you can never be too safe now-a-days.

Anyway, we took our time eating because it was so blessed hot outside. Here's what our tray looked like after we finished eating.

I felt so bad looking at the tray because we just couldn't finish everything. I think it had something to do with the heat because we normally eat a lot at Pecos Bill's.

Up next: Tom Sawyer Island!

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 10-19-2009, 06:02 PM   #1540
swankybeth
Loves bubble tea!
Got my internship @ WDW!
Her Prince Charming proposed with a glass slipper and rose petals

Great updates! Loved all of the Pirates of the Caribbean pictures, I really felt like I was there.
Old 10-19-2009, 06:17 PM   #1541
figment41
Mouseketeer

Smile

Love the pirates pics it was so sweet of your family to help that little boy. I do miss the old puppy though the new one is cute but just not the same.

Now your food pics are making me hungry

Old 10-19-2009, 06:22 PM   #1542
SFTrny
Earning My Ears

Pecos Bill's has always been closed when we visited! I am so envious!
Old 10-19-2009, 06:29 PM   #1543
MaryAz
DIS Veteran

Ur title caught my attention and I just love a nice long trip report to read. On page 5-be back later. Looks like we overlap a little in May....
Old 10-19-2009, 06:29 PM   #1544
SFTrny
Earning My Ears

OK....as a newbie to these boards, I have to say something that I think that the veterans already know...but I have to share. This board is like a PARTY! I mean...the thread has a theme, but there is so much more going on here! I absolutely LOVE IT! This isn't militantly interested in passing around raw data. Everyone here participates and shares....personal experience, perspective, random bits of observation. I really feel like I have joined a cocktail party in which there is a central theme...but just a group of great people having fun.
Old 10-19-2009, 06:32 PM   #1545
SFTrny
Earning My Ears

OH...and one more thing...THERE'S NO SALAD IN THAT TACO SALAD?!?!?!? Where's the salad? :-)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: