Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-19-2009, 02:34 PM   #1516
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MICKEY4EVER! View Post
I am glad that your boss did not give up on his internet friend, even after he met her in person and found her unattractive. That's very good of him, I'll have to say.

Question, though: didn't he have a picture of her before he met her? Surely they exchanged photos online. Of course, a picture doesn't really tell the whole story, does it?

Well, it sounds as if it may not be meant to be. Poor guy.
I'm glad that he didn't either. In all seriousness, he's not just looking for a pretty lady that's easy (you know what I mean ). He is mostly looking for companionship. Somebody to go to the movies with, travel with, spend time with, etc.

My boss is super intelligent. He's always spouting off all kinds of famous quotes from Shakespeare, books, Presidents, etc. But, he's very straight forward. He cuts no slack. If he thinks that you said something stupid, he'll tell you. And, ya'll already know that he will say the first think that pops into his head about kids. I am always saying "I'm fixing to." instead of "I'm about to." I know I shouldn't say it but I say it all the time. And, he reminds me every time. His entire family is like that. They sometimes lack.......what's the right word.......tact! I'm always telling him that he can't speak his mind all the time. He's got to bite him tongue at times.

He had never seen the internet lady before they met. They met on some kind of yahoo group. Maybe it would have been better if they could have seen each other first. I gotta tell you though, if she had seen my boss first, she may have run in the opposite direction. When he's not in court (where he has to wear a suit and tie), he's in shorts and a t-shirt. In the winter, he's all about jogging suits. He's got a few strange looks from new clients but he tells them that he's not going to sit around uncomfortable all day long. They usually agree with him.

I really hope that he finds somebody soon. He's much happier when he has a girlfriend.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 10-19-2009, 02:37 PM   #1517
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaaateamsgrandma View Post
Thanks Connie

Thanks Lisa

I'm ready to now read. It is all but dead at this office today since the Dr. went home sick. So sad too bad. I didn't say that it was the little man on my shoulder talking again.

Ginny
Quote:
Ditto!

Ginny: you are so funny, the little man on your shoulder!
I've been trying to get an installment posted every since lunch time. I think our ghosts are at play today. Several times, my computer has cut off all by itself. I also have a little space heater over in the corner that has fallen over twice already. It's nudged in a corner with the walls to the back. I don't know how it got turned over backwards.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-19-2009, 02:42 PM   #1518
aaaateamsgrandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Ditto!

Ginny: you are so funny, the little man on your shoulder!
If I remember to give his pill every morning he's not bad. But forget one day and all he wants to do is interrupt me.

Follow this link to see my TR. Rain, Surprise Birthdays, Rain, First Visits and did I mention Rain?

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2211283&
Old 10-19-2009, 02:43 PM   #1519
MICKEY4EVER!
Are we there yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
I'm glad that he didn't either. In all seriousness, he's not just looking for a pretty lady that's easy (you know what I mean ). He is mostly looking for companionship. Somebody to go to the movies with, travel with, spend time with, etc.

My boss is super intelligent. He's always spouting off all kinds of famous quotes from Shakespeare, books, Presidents, etc. But, he's very straight forward. He cuts no slack. If he thinks that you said something stupid, he'll tell you. And, ya'll already know that he will say the first think that pops into his head about kids. I am always saying "I'm fixing to." instead of "I'm about to." I know I shouldn't say it but I say it all the time. And, he reminds me every time. His entire family is like that. They sometimes lack.......what's the right word.......tact! I'm always telling him that he can't speak his mind all the time. He's got to bite him tongue at times.

He had never seen the internet lady before they met. They met on some kind of yahoo group. Maybe it would have been better if they could have seen each other first. I gotta tell you though, if she had seen my boss first, she may have run in the opposite direction. When he's not in court (where he has to wear a suit and tie), he's in shorts and a t-shirt. In the winter, he's all about jogging suits. He's got a few strange looks from new clients but he tells them that he's not going to sit around uncomfortable all day long. They usually agree with him.

I really hope that he finds somebody soon. He's much happier when he has a girlfriend.
Well, I certainly wish him all the best! Everyone needs someone that they enjoy spending time with and can do fun things with.

Yes, I know several people who will speak their mind, regardless of the topic. I have a friend that I lunch with who I have learned to overlook. We were having a group discussion over children pitching a fit in Wal-Mart (or wherever). I told them that I would leave my buggy wherever it sat and promptly remove Mitchell from the store. I got the "crazy" look from my friend that I should not do that b/c that's what he wants anyways, is to leave. Nope - when he pitches a fit it's because he wants something he can't have or he's just in one of those unwilling to behave moods. I don't put up with it, so we leave the store, go home, and get a punishment b/c then I have to go back to Wal-Mart at a later date. This only happened twice so far. He knows better. So - wouldn't you say I got my point across?

Well, argumentative friend who speaks her mind had to make a ten minute discussion out of a simple statement. It's annoying, but at the same time, I know how she is and I try not to let it get to me. Some people are just that way and there are times when I think she could also bite her tongue!

"The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you."

"You can't keep trouble from visitin, but you don't have to offer it no chair."
Old 10-19-2009, 02:45 PM   #1520
MICKEY4EVER!
Are we there yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
I've been trying to get an installment posted every since lunch time. I think our ghosts are at play today. Several times, my computer has cut off all by itself. I also have a little space heater over in the corner that has fallen over twice already. It's nudged in a corner with the walls to the back. I don't know how it got turned over backwards.

CREEEEEPPPPYYYY! I had forgotten about your ghost friends since we haven't heard too much from them lately.

"The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you."

Old 10-19-2009, 02:55 PM   #1521
aaaateamsgrandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Well, I certainly wish him all the best! Everyone needs someone that they enjoy spending time with and can do fun things with.

Yes, I know several people who will speak their mind, regardless of the topic. I have a friend that I lunch with who I have learned to overlook. We were having a group discussion over children pitching a fit in Wal-Mart (or wherever). I told them that I would leave my buggy wherever it sat and promptly remove Mitchell from the store. I got the "crazy" look from my friend that I should not do that b/c that's what he wants anyways, is to leave. Nope - when he pitches a fit it's because he wants something he can't have or he's just in one of those unwilling to behave moods. I don't put up with it, so we leave the store, go home, and get a punishment b/c then I have to go back to Wal-Mart at a later date. This only happened twice so far. He knows better. So - wouldn't you say I got my point across?

Well, argumentative friend who speaks her mind had to make a ten minute discussion out of a simple statement. It's annoying, but at the same time, I know how she is and I try not to let it get to me. Some people are just that way and there are times when I think she could also bite her tongue!
That is why when Sandi was young and it her way or the hiway I would put us both in timeout. My mother used to get so mad at me and I would just you would rather I yell cause that is how you would have handled it? She has always been on the bossy side. I have no idea where she gets it.
Probably her father. Or the guy on my shoulder.

We all have friend we tolerate and it's not a deal. I'm sure some people tolerate us too at times.

I know how your boss is Lisa. We had a dear friend that was married 5 times and could just never get it together (ie kids, family, money). He finally met a lady who had never been married. She was the best thing ever. They lived together quite a while and finally married. They were married 10 years and he had a massive stroke and died. Broke our hearts but he had at least 10 good years.

Follow this link to see my TR. Rain, Surprise Birthdays, Rain, First Visits and did I mention Rain?

Old 10-19-2009, 03:06 PM   #1522
aaaateamsgrandma
DIS Veteran

We haven't heard about the goblins for a while. They must be getting ready for Trick or Treat. Be sure to leave them something yummy

Old 10-19-2009, 03:22 PM   #1523
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Lacey's gotten her sugared coated almonds and Hunter has visited with Captain Hook and Mr. Smee. Now it's time to hit one of our favorite rides....Pirates of the Caribbean. The wait time posted was just 10 minutes!

I took this picture walking in:

It felt so good to be in the dark deep winding recesses of the Pirates of the Caribbean building. It was hot and it wasn't even mid-day yet.

Standing in front of us was a little boy and his dad. I could tell that the little boy (who looked to be 5 or 6) was a little scared to go on the ride because the daddy was trying his best to point out things around them and make light of everything. I whispered in Hunter's ear to kind of listen to what they were saying and to chime in when he thought it was a good time. The daddy said something about how he had ridden the ride when he was a boy and then turned to Hunter and asked if he had ever ridden before. Perfect! Hunter told the little boy that he had been riding Pirates of the Caribbean since he was just 1 year old and how much fun it is. He told him that there were skeletons and bones but they weren't scary. Just pretend.

We all started talking and by the time we got to the boarding area, the little boy was ready to ride. They were seated in front of us in the boat and we heard the little boy squeal when we went down the little drop. It was a good squeal though and I knew that he would be okay.

I took lots of pictures which I am sure you are shocked to hear. As usual, some pretty good, some not so good.

We just love all the animatronic animals:

Still more pictures:

I tried my best to get a picture of the hairy legs but it's blurry:

Few more:

I must have been leaning sideways when I took this one:

Sat back up straight again, I guess, and took a pretty bad picture:

When we got off the ride, we were able to talk to the little boy and see if he liked the ride or not. He did! It made us feel good that we were there to help.

We shopped around in the store at the end of Pirates of the Caribbean. Lacey found Jesse this really cool wide band leather bracelet that had a designed etched into it. Hunter bought a Pirates of the Caribbean medallion necklace. I forget what else we bought in there but it was enough that I was able to buy another promo watch.

Up next: Lunch at Pecos Bill's!

Old 10-19-2009, 03:37 PM   #1524
Angies1274
DIS Veteran

Aww..that was so nice of Hunter to chime in and try to calm the little boy's fears.

Great pictures of the Pirates of the Caribbean ride!!

Old 10-19-2009, 03:39 PM   #1525
aaaateamsgrandma
DIS Veteran

Double post

Old 10-19-2009, 03:42 PM   #1526
aaaateamsgrandma
DIS Veteran

I tried my best to get a picture of the hairy legs but it's blurry:

We love this charcter. We always made Austin hold his leg up in the air as we would go by so we could compare hairy legs.

Old 10-19-2009, 03:43 PM   #1527
MICKEY4EVER!
Are we there yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaaateamsgrandma View Post
That is why when Sandi was young and it her way or the hiway I would put us both in timeout. My mother used to get so mad at me and I would just you would rather I yell cause that is how you would have handled it? She has always been on the bossy side. I have no idea where she gets it.
Probably her father. Or the guy on my shoulder.

We all have friend we tolerate and it's not a deal. I'm sure some people tolerate us too at times.

I know how your boss is Lisa. We had a dear friend that was married 5 times and could just never get it together (ie kids, family, money). He finally met a lady who had never been married. She was the best thing ever. They lived together quite a while and finally married. They were married 10 years and he had a massive stroke and died. Broke our hearts but he had at least 10 good years.
Yes, I am sure people have to tolerate me also! I'm a bit old fashioned in my way of thinking versus the modern day women I work with! So sometimes, my way of thinking gets some eye rolls around here! Spare the rod, spoil the child, I say and so does the Good Book. I also believe that the DH is the head of the household and should be included in decision making, rather than me just going off and doing something w/out discussing it with him first. I get head shakes and eye rolls for that, too!

That is sad about the man who died after ten years of happily wedded bliss. I'm glad that the woman gave him a chance, b/c I know a lot of women wouldn't if he'd been married five times before. She was very obviously meant for him!

Old 10-19-2009, 03:45 PM   #1528
longing2Batdisney
DIS Veteran

Lisa! great pictures I could not get my camera to stop flashing even though I turned it off! so I did not take any pictures
I can't wait to hear about Pecos Bill's we have not tried that yet!

BTW: that straight forward person that just shoots it out without thinking...
THAT WOULD BE ME!! I'm horrible and I have been made aware of it...just like my dad!
I think that is why being a friend on the net is easier for me...I read what I say before I post it (most of the time)...but I do erase alot of post on other threads before posting! Some people what can I say
the last girl I worked with told my mom "Connie should have been an attorney"--Mom told her she was planning to go to law school till she met Danny....Tammy looked at me and said I knew it she told my mom she hurt my feelings the first two months I worked with her than realized she is a sweetheart just shots out exactly what she is thinking w/o really thinking if it is (here's the word) tactful!
Old 10-19-2009, 03:48 PM   #1529
MICKEY4EVER!
Are we there yet?

Lisa: Thanks for getting this update up and being so detailed with Pirates. I LOVE this ride - my absolute favorite! I was tickled when you got Davy Jones right there in the beginning (of course I always think of him as "Mr. Wormy" since that is what Mitchell always calls him) and I kept waiting for the guy with the dirty foot. It makes me smile. When Mitchell went through that ride the first time, he was not quite two and I remember him saying "dirty foot", "wash his foot". And to this day, Mitchell will say that man's foot is still dirty!

Old 10-19-2009, 03:53 PM   #1530
aaaateamsgrandma
DIS Veteran

Mel, I so understand what you are saying. I too have old fashioned values but the older I get the more independent I get. This man was our daughter's godfather. We do miss him terribly. His name was Ted and he was a big old teddy bear.

Now Connie, I'm shocked and appalled that you just spurt out what is on your mind. Not so much. I always try to use that 'tact' thing when possible but this morning when I hung up on a patient's husband it flew right out the window. The only people that use bad language around me in this office is the Doc, Christine and myself. Never where a patient could hear. Ok the man on my shoulder talks loud. I do wish other people could hear him as much as I could. Sometimes he does not shut up. Dr. says that is why he wears a jacket he can keep him in his pocket and close him up.

I tend to have no patience for people that don't do their job. Thank goodness Christine is such a good worker. Lucky for me. Cause if I ever got on to her she'd leave me in an instant.

This was my 2000th post

Last edited by aaaateamsgrandma; 10-19-2009 at 04:26 PM.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: