Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-20-2009, 09:14 AM   #1
auntyjenn
If you can't say it with a puppet, its not worth saying
I must laugh every time too, because I just did

Parking at Disney Hotels

At Christmastime we want to go tour the Disney hotels. Does it cost to park at them? Can we park somewhere and use the disney transportation even if we aren't using one of our ticket days that day? We haven't decided whether we're staying on property or off yet. Will that make a difference? Thanks.
Old 08-20-2009, 09:17 AM   #2
MKandy
WDW Cast Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by auntyjenn View Post
At Christmastime we want to go tour the Disney hotels. Does it cost to park at them? Can we park somewhere and use the disney transportation even if we aren't using one of our ticket days that day? We haven't decided whether we're staying on property or off yet. Will that make a difference? Thanks.
Parking at the resorts is free. HOWEVER, security may not allow you to park there unless you are a resort guest, especially during a busy time like Christmas. You can certainly use Disney transportation even if your staying off site and/or not using a day off your ticket. My suggestion would be to park at the TTC and go from there.

Have a magical day.

"Jambo Jambo Jambo. You guys look like a wild bunch today!"
MKandy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-20-2009, 09:22 AM   #3
danielle782001
DIS Veteran

Parking at TTC will cost you a regular parking fee if you are not staying on property...Parking is free for onsite guests...

If you are not on property you will be allowed to park at a resort if you have a dining reservation...Then you take transportation to another resort...For example, you make reservations at Chef Mickey, park there and eat, then catch the boat to check out the WL or the monorail to see the GF or Poly...Just need to be creative in your planning.

DVC Members @ AKL & SSR
*? 1975- Off Property *Aug 1988- Off Property *July 2001- AKL/WL (Our Honeymoon) *Dec 2005-WL (MVMCP) *Dec 2006- BWV(MVMCP) *May 2007- BCV *Oct 2007- VWL Happy Birthday AJ! (MNSSHP) *Jan 2008-AKL (P&PP)*July 2009 SSR/AKL*Thanksgiving 2009-AKL *July 2010 AKL CL/BLT/Poly*July 2011 BLT & BC*June 2012 SSR*Dec 2012 SSR & WL*July 2013 AKL/BWV/DCL*June 2014 VGF & DCL
Me (40) DH (44)DS (11) DS (9)
danielle782001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 09:39 AM   #4
auntyjenn

That would probably be the same day we do our Character breakfast. So, if we parked at that hotel is there a time limit on the parking?
Old 08-20-2009, 09:50 AM   #5
MKandy
WDW Cast Member

Quote:
That would probably be the same day we do our Character breakfast. So, if we parked at that hotel is there a time limit on the parking?
Normally Yes. I believe it is a 3 hour temporary parking pass. Some might come along and say that its ok to be there past 3 hours. I can't say...

"Jambo Jambo Jambo. You guys look like a wild bunch today!"
MKandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 10:52 AM   #6
Missytara
I'm all ears!

Parking is limited to three hours if you do not stay on-site. I am there the week after Thanksgiving, so the resort decorations are all up and people are going to the different resorts to see the decorations - so the gate is pretty diligent in checking on parking cars for just that reason.

Just park at TTC and use the Disney Transporation. Here is what I do to catch my favs....

After a day at MK, go on the monorail and take the whole loop around, than stop at each resort. You cannot miss the GF, both the Poly and CR are so beautiful too. GF's tree is about five stories high and they have a full size gingerbread house.

Go back to MK on the monorail, get on the ferry boat and go to WL - they are also not-to-be missed. Their tree is also about five stories high and all handmade ornaments - there is also a huge wreath over the fireplace and they dress the wooden bear figures in santa hats.....

From HS (or park in the lot across from the BW), take the boat around the BC/YC/BW/Swan/Dolphin loop - my fav is the BW. They have a carousel made out of chocolate.

AKL is somewhat remote, but last time I went they had an entire african village made out of marzipan.....

And in AK or DTD, visit Rainforest Cafe. They also dress all the animals in Santa hats - it is so coooool.

Enjoy - when I get home I always am so in the Christmas mood.....
Old 08-20-2009, 10:54 AM   #7
Missytara
I'm all ears!

I should say parking is limited to a three hour limit, both if you are staying off-site or at any resort other than your home resort.....

Again, during that time period, they are very diligent - because people are resort hopping.

I stay at POR every year and a lot of people park in our lot and take the water taxi and spend the whole entire day at DTD. When they get back, there is usually someone riding around checking cars and they get a pretty good tongue lashing.....it is surprising because there is free parking in DTD, but I guess they like the water taxi ride.
Old 08-20-2009, 11:04 AM   #8
danielle782001
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missytara View Post
I should say parking is limited to a three hour limit, both if you are staying off-site or at any resort other than your home resort.....

Again, during that time period, they are very diligent - because people are resort hopping.

I stay at POR every year and a lot of people park in our lot and take the water taxi and spend the whole entire day at DTD. When they get back, there is usually someone riding around checking cars and they get a pretty good tongue lashing.....it is surprising because there is free parking in DTD, but I guess they like the water taxi ride.
You actually bring up a good idea...You could park in DTD free of charge then take a bus to a resort you want to visit.

DVC Members @ AKL & SSR
*? 1975- Off Property *Aug 1988- Off Property *July 2001- AKL/WL (Our Honeymoon) *Dec 2005-WL (MVMCP) *Dec 2006- BWV(MVMCP) *May 2007- BCV *Oct 2007- VWL Happy Birthday AJ! (MNSSHP) *Jan 2008-AKL (P&PP)*July 2009 SSR/AKL*Thanksgiving 2009-AKL *July 2010 AKL CL/BLT/Poly*July 2011 BLT & BC*June 2012 SSR*Dec 2012 SSR & WL*July 2013 AKL/BWV/DCL*June 2014 VGF & DCL
Old 08-20-2009, 05:03 PM   #9
auntyjenn

OOh, this is great stuff. Thanks! I'm going to have to look up some resort abreviations, but I can do that. Is there a good map anywhere of all the disney transportation sites that show exactly where the busses show up? I bet the parking lot at DTD will be packed too, but maybe not first thing in the morning. It's defiinitely less crowded in the middle than on the two ends. The busses are probably on the two ends.

We'll probably have our character breakfast at the polenesian (wow, can't spell, I guess I need to learn those abreviations, so I'll adjust the tour plan from there. So excited to see the gingerbread house!
Old 08-20-2009, 05:24 PM   #10
snykymom
Still tagless after all these years

There is no resort-to-resort bus transportation. You can monorail to the GF, the Poly and the Contemporary. You can walk between the Epcot resorts (Boardwalk, Beach Club, Yacht Club, and a few others I don't remember). Otherwise, you need to take a bus from a resort back to a park or DTD, and then catch the bus to the next resort you want to visit.
Old 08-20-2009, 05:34 PM   #11
auntyjenn

Hm, in that case, what are the top five resorts I need to see the decorations at? I'm definitely going to see the giant gingerbread house, we need to see one or two giant Christmas trees, and a marzipan jungle sounds interesting.
Old 08-20-2009, 05:54 PM   #12
danielle782001
DIS Veteran

Tops For Us

Wilderness Lodge
GF
Beach Club
Boardwalk

DVC Members @ AKL & SSR
Old 08-20-2009, 08:03 PM   #13
BradyBz12
1340.63 miles too far from the Fort

As PP noted, you can take a bus from DTD to any of the MK resorts and take the monorail from one to the other. You can also hop the launch from MK or Contemporary to go over to WL, which is gorgeous at Christmas.

Another "kill 2 or 3 birds" scenario would be heading to the Boardwalk area. Those resorts (BW, YC & BC) are all really lovely during the holidays too, and you can either take the boats back and forth or take a nice stroll around the lake.

AKL is one of my all-time favorites to go sight seeing at period, and it's also beautiful during the holidays.
BradyBz12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 08:23 PM   #14
danceintherain
DIS Veteran

The bus stops are really easy to find. Most of the time there's a great deal of signage indicating where to go.
NEXT TRIP: SoG Dec 28-Jan 4, 2015 ~ POFQ Apr 13-20, 2013 ~ CBR: Nov 7-12, 2010 ~ Doubletree Guest Suites: July 8-14, 2009 ~ AKL: Jan 4-13, 2009 ~ Off-Property: New Year's 2006-2007, Spring Break 2001, Florida Resident 1991
danceintherain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 09:12 PM   #15
larryz
Looking for the perfect vacation

Get one annual

The annual pass includes free parking in any of the parks' parking lots...plus AP discounts, newsletter, etc. And you can actually use it to get into the parks, too...

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: