Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-05-2009, 08:27 PM   #76
sassypup
Earning My Ears

I have really enjoyed all of the pictures and reading all of the posts. We are planning our 1st December trip.....I can't wait....what a way to spend the holidays!
Old 10-06-2009, 10:45 AM   #77
zeitzeuge
DallasDisneyDork
Some people NEED to be bitten
Had a little accident in my pants when I found out I was going to Club 33!

Christmas time was one of the most amazing times for us at DL. Nothing else compares in my opinion. The weather for us was cool in the morning, 70's in the afternoon and it got down to 50's at night. Perfect weather. The park is more magical during this time of year then any other. You can see a link in my signature to all the pics we took last December.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-08-2009, 12:57 PM   #78
tksbaskets
DIS Veteran

Sherry, I'm only on page one and already drooling over the plethera of Christmas treats and the decorations. WAHOO!
Old 10-08-2009, 01:11 PM   #79
Sherry E
Willing victim of the Disney Snowball Effect...
Okay so after a coffee and lunch break I am back!

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tksbaskets View Post
Sherry, I'm only on page one and already drooling over the plethera of Christmas treats and the decorations. WAHOO!
Tee hee hee! My work is done! Yes, this has turned out to be a great thread, hasn't it? It began simply as the OP just asking basic questions atbout DLR during the holidays, but it has evolved into THE key thread that should be essential reading/viewing for anyone who wants to know what it is like at DLR during the Christmas season. While the DLR Holiday photo thread (in the Community section) is great, too, this thread is only about Christmastime, and we have info here about the treats and the specific little things/details to see which might otherwise be overlooked, as well as some fabulous photographic contributions from our DIS-ers. It is sort of the comprehensive DLR/Christmas planning thread now.

It is looking very likely that - short of a miracle - I will miss out on seeing DLR during Halloweentime this year, and I am bummed out about it but I can live. However, my mind is already jumping ahead to trying to assemble a holiday trip because that is the one I cannot miss! I need to eat another gingerbread man with mouse ears, pronto!!

Pumpkins, Peppermint, Pastels and...Club 33!!! - (A new chapter begins... Many photos and wacky tales, coming soon to a Trip Report thread near you!)
And for some non-holiday seaside fun in the sun ~~ 2012 Catalina Island/Avalon Trip Report - My Solo Day Trip, in Photos (LOTS of Photos!)- 7/21/12 & Highlights from 2013 & 2014

Last edited by Sherry E; 10-28-2009 at 05:49 PM.
Old 10-08-2009, 01:16 PM   #80
3Minnies1Mickey
Just wanted to add, this is no longer a rumor

The food alone made me want to go to DLR this xmas.

Does GK brunch serve anything special for the holidays??

Mommy to 3 Princesses and 1 Handsome Prince
Me(34) DH(36) DD(12) DD(8) DD(6) DS(5)
Disneyland: many times as a kid * 10/05 * 12/07 * 9/09 * 10/09 * 12/09 * 6/10 *1/13*12/13
Walt Disney World: 9/11 2 weeks at BCV!!!
Old 10-08-2009, 03:08 PM   #81
tksbaskets
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Dreams View Post

And possibly the Disney photo I am most proud of...

Disney lights are mesmerizing to me,
Dreams
STUNNING! I just love it!
Old 10-08-2009, 08:29 PM   #82
PrincessKell
Disney Princess Wanna be
Ok I did it! I actually got around to sewing!

Oooh I love Disneyland at Christmas time! My favorite. We are going (hopefully) for Christmas this year. My mom lives down in SoCal, so this time we might stay with her and spend three days in the parks. Maybe one night we might stay across the street. Here are a few pictures from our last trip down.

Oh it makes me want to go now next week, the week after, and after hahaha

Old 10-22-2009, 03:57 PM   #83
3Minnies1Mickey

bump for xmas goodies!!!

Disneyland: many times as a kid * 10/05 * 12/07 * 9/09 * 10/09 * 12/09 * 6/10 *1/13*12/13
Old 10-22-2009, 04:46 PM   #84
JustAKid
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Minnies1Mickey View Post
bump for xmas goodies!!!
I'm blaming everything on you...

See, I had been avoiding this thread. It kept popping up, and I kept dismissing it. My thoughts were that I am not going during Christmas time, so why tempt myself by looking? Don don don....I LOOKED!!!

December is a very special time of the year for me, it houses my birthday, my youngest's birthday (Christmas eve...poor thing), my DMiL's birthday, my grandmother's birthday, AND Christmas which I don't celebrate for spiritual reasons but because I like the colors.

Anyway, I am literally bawling over here. I can feel the magic, through words and pictures, and I know that I would LOVE it.

So now, I have to explain to my husband how we'll be making TWO trips next year. The second will be his birthday present to me AND DD, AND our Christmas presents to the kids if I have to...

It's all your fault, 3Minnies1Mickey. It's all your fault...
Old 10-22-2009, 05:28 PM   #85
3Minnies1Mickey

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAKid View Post
I'm blaming everything on you...

See, I had been avoiding this thread. It kept popping up, and I kept dismissing it. My thoughts were that I am not going during Christmas time, so why tempt myself by looking? Don don don....I LOOKED!!!

December is a very special time of the year for me, it houses my birthday, my youngest's birthday (Christmas eve...poor thing), my DMiL's birthday, my grandmother's birthday, AND Christmas which I don't celebrate for spiritual reasons but because I like the colors.

Anyway, I am literally bawling over here. I can feel the magic, through words and pictures, and I know that I would LOVE it.

So now, I have to explain to my husband how we'll be making TWO trips next year. The second will be his birthday present to me AND DD, AND our Christmas presents to the kids if I have to...

It's all your fault, 3Minnies1Mickey. It's all your fault...
I will take the blame (even though someone else was looking for it)!!! This thread FORCED me to book a xmas trip this year (kids xmas present). Thank goodness we got APs in Sept. We will have 3 trips in 3 1/2 months and most likely 6 trips in 6 months!!! EEEK DL snowball is mowing me over!!!

Old 10-22-2009, 06:14 PM   #86
my2mickeykids
Mouseketeer

This thread has me even more excited for our first December trip!! I did not think that was possible! Anyone try the candy canes they make there in December? I remember hearing about them on here last year and hoping to get one.
Old 10-22-2009, 08:01 PM   #87
Kittyskyfish
Wee little ears...

I'm loving this thread! Thanks to everyone for keeping this thread going and posting so many wonderful thoughts, memories and pictures. DH and I are going again for our 3rd Annual Christmas at Disneyland! We always go around December 10th and this year we'll be in the park the 10th to the 14th. Soooo excited!!!

Here's a few pics of my own:

Old 10-22-2009, 08:25 PM   #88
smiley_face2
What a great idea for a thread! Good grief, I'm going to gain another 5 pounds

Awesome pics Kittyskyfish!! makes me very happy we are going again too!!

In Loving Memory of our dear son 02/22/1982-01/28/2011
Old 10-22-2009, 09:31 PM   #89
Kevenswife2
Much easier for me to say, "NO!"
Hope I can squeeze it in!

After spending several Holiday Seasons at WDW, I decided to give DLR a try this year. This thread has me sooo excited I'm spending Christmas '09 at Disneyland!! I've never visited DLR, let alone seen it during the holidays and I can't wait!!!

I love seeing all the pics! It's helping to build my excitment!

I'm noticing sweatshirts, coats, and blue jeans in the pics. Christmas time at WDW is shorts weather. I'm guessing Anaheim isn't that warm in December?
Old 10-22-2009, 11:15 PM   #90
smiley_face2
What a great idea for a thread! Good grief, I'm going to gain another 5 pounds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevenswife2 View Post
After spending several Holiday Seasons at WDW, I decided to give DLR a try this year. This thread has me sooo excited I'm spending Christmas '09 at Disneyland!! I've never visited DLR, let alone seen it during the holidays and I can't wait!!!

I love seeing all the pics! It's helping to build my excitment!

I'm noticing sweatshirts, coats, and blue jeans in the pics. Christmas time at WDW is shorts weather. I'm guessing Anaheim isn't that warm in December?
It can be completely different from one year to the next. I have pictures of the kids swimming in the pool, and one year only daughter and I went to the park on Christmas day because hubby and the other kids wanted to stay by the pool.... we were not there for Christmas day last year but right after and it was cold! we only brought jackets and my warmest piece of clothing was a hooded red fleece top, I had to layer a t-shirt and other top under it, and wear gloves I bought and ..... socks with my sandals shhhh don't tell anyone!! lol.... that was only for a couple of the days though, most days were nice and warm, bare arms weather if not shorts.... but it does cool off quite a bit at night. People who actually live there will chime in here I hope with more detailed information.

In Loving Memory of our dear son 02/22/1982-01/28/2011
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: