Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-14-2009, 12:45 PM   #211
tksbaskets
DIS Veteran

Thanks Lisa! I needed a bit of holiday cheer today!
Old 12-14-2009, 03:47 PM   #212
liesel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tksbaskets View Post
Thanks Lisa! I needed a bit of holiday cheer today!
No problem! Here's a couple more:

My camera is not the best at night pics, but I thought this still turned out pretty well:

Our first time in A Bug's Land, so cute!

DLR: many times as a local 1984-1995, June 2009, December 2009, June 2010, October 2010 (day trip), October 2011, January 2012 Tinker Bell Half Marathon, July/August 2012, August/September 2012, January 2013 Tinker Bell Half Marathon, March 2013, Dumbo Double Dare August/September 2013, Tinker Bell Half Marathon January 2014

WDW: 1980, September 2008, February 2014 Princess Half Marathon-first coast to coast

Upcoming DLR trips: August 2014 Dumbo Double Dare 2: Liesel Strikes Back and first 10K with my DS, November 2014 Avengers Half Marathon (because I have a problem saying no to inaugural events), January 2015 Star Wars Half Marathon (see Avengers), May 2015 Tinker Bell Half Marathon and birthday trip

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-14-2009, 04:43 PM   #213
tksbaskets
DIS Veteran

These are great too. I have a big Disney Land smile on my face while I clean tonight!
Old 12-14-2009, 04:50 PM   #214
Sherry E
Willing victim of the Disney Snowball Effect...
Okay so after a coffee and lunch break I am back!

DISboards Moderator

I love your pictures, Lisa - especially those last two! If you think your camera doesn't take good nighttime pictures, then I would hate to see what my little Canon SD880 Point and Shoot takes!!! That IASWH photo is fantastic! Oh I so love to go and stand there and gaze at those colored lights at night, and your picture makes me want to hurry up and get there! I am always mesmerized by those lights! My friend was using a simple Nikon Cool Pix when we went in October, and she could not get one single non-blurry nighttime shot to save her life, no matter how still she was. She kept trying but everything was blurry. So either you did a really good job of masking the blurriness or you took a really great shot! And I love the kind of 'close-up' of the ornaments in ABL! The stuff they have there is so festive, and it is another cool place to go at night because the giant Christmas lights in ABL light up!

Pumpkins, Peppermint, Pastels and...Club 33!!! - (A new chapter begins... Many photos and wacky tales, coming soon to a Trip Report thread near you!)
And for some non-holiday seaside fun in the sun ~~ 2012 Catalina Island/Avalon Trip Report - My Solo Day Trip, in Photos (LOTS of Photos!)- 7/21/12 & Highlights from 2013 & 2014
Old 12-14-2009, 04:58 PM   #215
liesel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherry E View Post
I love your pictures, Lisa - especially those last two! If you think your camera doesn't take good nighttime pictures, then I would hate to see what my little Canon SD880 Point and Shoot takes!!! That IASWH photo is fantastic! Oh I so love to go and stand there and gaze at those colored lights at night, and your picture makes me want to hurry up and get there! I am always mesmerized by those lights! My friend was using a simple Nikon Cool Pix when we went in October, and she could not get one single non-blurry nighttime shot to save her life, no matter how still she was. She kept trying but everything was blurry. So either you did a really good job of masking the blurriness or you took a really great shot! And I love the kind of 'close-up' of the ornaments in ABL! The stuff they have there is so festive, and it is another cool place to go at night because the giant Christmas lights in ABL light up!
My camera is not terribly fast, so that's me trying to hold as still as possible. ISAW is my DD4's favorite and she loved the holiday changes. My DS8 does not like the regular Haunted Mansion, but loved HMH. I had so much fun admiring all the holiday decorations, I had only been to DL on a day trip in 1993 during the Christmas season and would love to experience it again. Next time we are thinking maybe Halloween, so it might be a while before we return this time of year but I am hooked on DLR at Christmas!

DLR: many times as a local 1984-1995, June 2009, December 2009, June 2010, October 2010 (day trip), October 2011, January 2012 Tinker Bell Half Marathon, July/August 2012, August/September 2012, January 2013 Tinker Bell Half Marathon, March 2013, Dumbo Double Dare August/September 2013, Tinker Bell Half Marathon January 2014

WDW: 1980, September 2008, February 2014 Princess Half Marathon-first coast to coast

Upcoming DLR trips: August 2014 Dumbo Double Dare 2: Liesel Strikes Back and first 10K with my DS, November 2014 Avengers Half Marathon (because I have a problem saying no to inaugural events), January 2015 Star Wars Half Marathon (see Avengers), May 2015 Tinker Bell Half Marathon and birthday trip

Old 12-14-2009, 11:58 PM   #216
johnfernandez
Earning My Ears

Disney at christmas

Those are amazing pictures and I loved to go at Disney. I had always loved Charles Dickens' A Christmas Carol. I always that it was such a touching tale that shows that even the grumpiest and most evil people can change for the good.
Old 12-15-2009, 07:37 AM   #217
Kevenswife2
Much easier for me to say, "NO!"
Hope I can squeeze it in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by liesel View Post
No problem! Here's a couple more:

My camera is not the best at night pics, but I thought this still turned out pretty well:

Our first time in A Bug's Land, so cute!

The pics are beautiful and making me very excited!
Old 12-15-2009, 04:49 PM   #218
liesel
DIS Veteran

Thanks everyone! Here's a hastily taken pic of DCA at park opening. Wishing everyone happy holidays!

Old 12-15-2009, 11:08 PM   #219
deejdigsdis
I <3 Aglets

Especially for Sherry E:

Old 12-16-2009, 12:21 AM   #220
Peg In The Pound
Mouseketeer

Sherry E... thanks for your hotel recap!
I know that it was back a couple of pages
but "real life" got in the way for a bit.
Still can't decide between hotels for 2010,
but at least I've got some time to decide!
Old 12-16-2009, 01:31 PM   #221
Sherry E

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by deejdigsdis View Post
Especially for Sherry E:

Thank you so much, deejdigsdis! Aside from the gigantic trees in DL, DCA and DTD, as far as the trees in the shops and restaurants, that is one of best ones I have seen so far. Was this taken at Coke Corner? It's beautiful and healthy looking. Prettyprincessbelle took some tree photos for me (which she is posting on her TR) on her recent trip to DLR and the tree in Greetings from California was sad and pitiful-looking!! It was pretty, but just thin and underwhelming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peg In The Pound View Post
Sherry E... thanks for your hotel recap!
I know that it was back a couple of pages
but "real life" got in the way for a bit.
Still can't decide between hotels for 2010,
but at least I've got some time to decide!
You are welcome! I hate when real life gets in the way of any kind of Disney-related fun! I think you will be happy with whichever hotel you choose, but if you do not choose to stay at the GCH during the holidays, make sure to at least go there and enjoy the great lounge/hearth area, Santa, the tree, carolers, pianist and guitarist.

Pumpkins, Peppermint, Pastels and...Club 33!!! - (A new chapter begins... Many photos and wacky tales, coming soon to a Trip Report thread near you!)
And for some non-holiday seaside fun in the sun ~~ 2012 Catalina Island/Avalon Trip Report - My Solo Day Trip, in Photos (LOTS of Photos!)- 7/21/12 & Highlights from 2013 & 2014
Old 12-17-2009, 04:13 PM   #222
DisneySuiteFreak
DIS Veteran

Thanks to everyone for posting new photos from this christmas season! I'm a little bummed I can't go this season due to work and house renovations, but it's been nice to see your photos and I really appreciate you all posting them!
I can't wait to see AussieTravellers Xmas tree photo! I hope you get to post them up when you get home.
Sherry, I hope you make it to the parks this weekend! I'm crossing my fingers for you! If you're worried about blurred night photos, you could get yourself a cheap lightweight tripod and use your shutter timer delay (like 2 seconds). This will allow you to take the photo with no movement of the camera. Just push the shutter and 2 seconds later the photo will be taken. You could even use a small cheap tripod and put it on top of a trash can, etc, just to get the photo taken with no movement.
My June 2009 Summer Nightastic Photo Intensive Trip Report Disneyland, Magical Fireworks, Disney's Electrical Parade, Fantasmic!, Ride pics, SeaWorld, Aquarium of the Pacific and Knotts Berry Farm...Updated 3-17-2010 ~ Better late than never!

Previous Trips: 7/2012, Desert Inn and Suites; 1/2012, Hojos Bld 1; 6/2011 DL, Hojos Bldg 2; 9/2009 DL, Hojos King room & Pool Review; 6/2009 DL, Seaworld SD, Aquarium of the Pacific & Knotts Berry Farm, Fairfield Inn and more FFI; 1/2009 DL, Hojos; 1/2008 DL, Hojos Premium 2 Queen DL facing room; 1/2007 DL, Hojos; 1/2006 DL, Hojos; 12/2005 DL, Hojos; 10/2005 DL, Hojos; 12/2004 DL, Hojos; 12/2003 DL, Hojos; 12/2002 DL, Hojos; 12/2001 DL, Hojos; 7/2-14 2001 WDW & US IOA;10/2000 DL Desert Inn and Suites; 10/1999 DL, Anaheim Plaza, 10/1997 Anaheim Plaza...and many previous trips to DL as a kid... We are once again Deluxe Annual Passholders! Just went June 15-18, 2011, am planning a short trip in August 2011, and will be running my first Half Marathon in the Tinkerbell Half Marathon January 2012!!! Nikon D90, Nikon 18-200mmVR, Nikon 70-300mmVR, Sigma 18-50mm 2.8, Sigma 30mm 1.4, Sigma 10-20, Nikon 50mm 1.2 AI, Nikon 50mm 1.8, Nikon 85mm 1.8, Nikon SB800, and a whole bunch of other stuff to go along with it!
Old 12-17-2009, 04:21 PM   #223
Sherry E

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneySuiteFreak View Post
Thanks to everyone for posting new photos from this christmas season! I'm a little bummed I can't go this season due to work and house renovations, but it's been nice to see your photos and I really appreciate you all posting them!
I can't wait to see AussieTravellers Xmas tree photo! I hope you get to post them up when you get home.
Sherry, I hope you make it to the parks this weekend! I'm crossing my fingers for you! If you're worried about blurred night photos, you could get yourself a cheap lightweight tripod and use your shutter timer delay (like 2 seconds). This will allow you to take the photo with no movement of the camera. Just push the shutter and 2 seconds later the photo will be taken. You could even use a small cheap tripod and put it on top of a trash can, etc, just to get the photo taken with no movement.
I will be there this Saturday the 19th!!! Not a long trip, but enough to get a dose of Disney Christmas magic!!! I am supposed to meet up with a couple of friends while there, but to tell you the truth, I almost sort of wish I had at least half a day all to myself so I could just purposefully take photos without being held up or having to wait!! I will see what happens. I kind of feel the need to run right over to IASWH (would I use a night setting for the inside of the ride, and no flash, obviously?) and get on it in the morning, and then hop on anything else where the line will be hideous, but I don't know what my friends are doing yet.

Thank you for the tips. I need all the help I can get! If I have time I may run and get a cheap tripod tomorrow. Otherwise, I will fiddle with the shutter delays and try to find any flat surface I can to set the camera on. I know one thing I will do is remove the stupid strap that came with the case for this camera. The strap is a heavy cord and it pulls the lightweight camera. No good.

Old 12-17-2009, 04:55 PM   #224
DisneySuiteFreak
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherry E View Post
I will be there this Saturday the 19th!!! Not a long trip, but enough to get a dose of Disney Christmas magic!!! I am supposed to meet up with a couple of friends while there, but to tell you the truth, I almost sort of wish I had at least half a day all to myself so I could just purposefully take photos without being held up or having to wait!! I will see what happens. I kind of feel the need to run right over to IASWH (would I use a night setting for the inside of the ride, and no flash, obviously?) and get on it in the morning, and then hop on anything else where the line will be hideous, but I don't know what my friends are doing yet.

Thank you for the tips. I need all the help I can get! If I have time I may run and get a cheap tripod tomorrow. Otherwise, I will fiddle with the shutter delays and try to find any flat surface I can to set the camera on. I know one thing I will do is remove the stupid strap that came with the case for this camera. The strap is a heavy cord and it pulls the lightweight camera. No good.
Sherry, I would try the regular Program mode if you have one. the night scene mode will boost your ISO and may slow down the shutter speed resulting in blurred images anyway. Unfortunately, many of the photos even posted in this thread have used flash in IASW. I have seen many people use flash on IASW, so if you have to, I don't think you will get reprimanded as you would if you used it on a really dark ride like POTC or HM. You will get better shots of the outside facade with no flash, however, and if you can find a trashcan to put it on use the night scene mode. Good luck!
ETA: you may want to ride it twice and try it in nightscene mode. If the ISo is boosted, you may get faster shutter speed.
My June 2009 Summer Nightastic Photo Intensive Trip Report Disneyland, Magical Fireworks, Disney's Electrical Parade, Fantasmic!, Ride pics, SeaWorld, Aquarium of the Pacific and Knotts Berry Farm...Updated 3-17-2010 ~ Better late than never!

Previous Trips: 7/2012, Desert Inn and Suites; 1/2012, Hojos Bld 1; 6/2011 DL, Hojos Bldg 2; 9/2009 DL, Hojos King room & Pool Review; 6/2009 DL, Seaworld SD, Aquarium of the Pacific & Knotts Berry Farm, Fairfield Inn and more FFI; 1/2009 DL, Hojos; 1/2008 DL, Hojos Premium 2 Queen DL facing room; 1/2007 DL, Hojos; 1/2006 DL, Hojos; 12/2005 DL, Hojos; 10/2005 DL, Hojos; 12/2004 DL, Hojos; 12/2003 DL, Hojos; 12/2002 DL, Hojos; 12/2001 DL, Hojos; 7/2-14 2001 WDW & US IOA;10/2000 DL Desert Inn and Suites; 10/1999 DL, Anaheim Plaza, 10/1997 Anaheim Plaza...and many previous trips to DL as a kid... We are once again Deluxe Annual Passholders! Just went June 15-18, 2011, am planning a short trip in August 2011, and will be running my first Half Marathon in the Tinkerbell Half Marathon January 2012!!! Nikon D90, Nikon 18-200mmVR, Nikon 70-300mmVR, Sigma 18-50mm 2.8, Sigma 30mm 1.4, Sigma 10-20, Nikon 50mm 1.2 AI, Nikon 50mm 1.8, Nikon 85mm 1.8, Nikon SB800, and a whole bunch of other stuff to go along with it!
Old 12-17-2009, 05:06 PM   #225
liesel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneySuiteFreak View Post
Sherry, I would try the regular Program mode if you have one. the night scene mode will boost your ISO and may slow down the shutter speed resulting in blurred images anyway. Unfortunately, many of the photos even posted in this thread have used flash in IASW. I have seen many people use flash on IASW, so if you have to, I don't think you will get reprimanded as you would if you used it on a really dark ride like POTC or HM. You will get better shots of the outside facade with no flash, however, and if you can find a trashcan to put it on use the night scene mode. Good luck!
ETA: you may want to ride it twice and try it in nightscene mode. If the ISo is boosted, you may get faster shutter speed.
I tried ISAW inside without flash and the images were way too blurred. I broke down and used it after every other party on my boat used a flash, so I figured they wouldn't mind. My exterior shot was using night mode, which also worked well with the castle. I do think it is much more common to use flash on ISAW. I didn't use it on any other ride, including HMH. Many people used flash on that ride, which was much more annoying.

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: