Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-08-2009, 09:45 AM   #196
danielle782001
DIS Veteran

Love the information here...We are thinking of going December 26th through December 31st 2010...But DL is the great unknown for me and I must start my research...

Where can I find the best information about DL in general and information about DL at Christmas?

DVC Members @ AKL & SSR
*? 1975- Off Property *Aug 1988- Off Property *July 2001- AKL/WL (Our Honeymoon) *Dec 2005-WL (MVMCP) *Dec 2006- BWV(MVMCP) *May 2007- BCV *Oct 2007- VWL Happy Birthday AJ! (MNSSHP) *Jan 2008-AKL (P&PP)*July 2009 SSR/AKL*Thanksgiving 2009-AKL *July 2010 AKL CL/BLT/Poly*July 2011 BLT & BC*June 2012 SSR*Dec 2012 SSR & WL*July 2013 AKL/BWV/DCL*June 2014 VGF & DCL
Me (40) DH (44)DS (11) DS (9)
Old 12-08-2009, 11:04 AM   #197
tksbaskets
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielle782001 View Post
Love the information here...We are thinking of going December 26th through December 31st 2010...But DL is the great unknown for me and I must start my research...

Where can I find the best information about DL in general and information about DL at Christmas?
You found a super source right here. The trip reports section has some great holiday reports too.

I'm going this year 12/26 to 1/1. I'll be reporting in when we get back. SO excited!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-08-2009, 11:31 AM   #198
danielle782001
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tksbaskets View Post
You found a super source right here. The trip reports section has some great holiday reports too.

I'm going this year 12/26 to 1/1. I'll be reporting in when we get back. SO excited!
Have fun! Love to hear all about it!!

DVC Members @ AKL & SSR
*? 1975- Off Property *Aug 1988- Off Property *July 2001- AKL/WL (Our Honeymoon) *Dec 2005-WL (MVMCP) *Dec 2006- BWV(MVMCP) *May 2007- BCV *Oct 2007- VWL Happy Birthday AJ! (MNSSHP) *Jan 2008-AKL (P&PP)*July 2009 SSR/AKL*Thanksgiving 2009-AKL *July 2010 AKL CL/BLT/Poly*July 2011 BLT & BC*June 2012 SSR*Dec 2012 SSR & WL*July 2013 AKL/BWV/DCL*June 2014 VGF & DCL
Me (40) DH (44)DS (11) DS (9)
Old 12-09-2009, 01:49 PM   #199
whimsy87
Earning My Ears

I've been lurking on this thread since it started. It's keeping me super excited for my trip this weekend (even though it will be rainy)!
Old 12-09-2009, 02:13 PM   #200
PrinceAli
Earning My Ears

Amazing

My Fiance and I want last year around Christmas time. It was truly amazing! We went the week before schools let out for break. The longest we waited in any line was 30 minutes. We got to see all the Disney/Christmas Magic minus the crowds. It was fun to go to the different hotels and see how they had thier trees decorated. The Santa at PPH was very charming, I think he told us we were his ,769,415,597th stop, and being from Reno that made a lot of sense :-) It rained one day but we came prepared and still enjoyed our time, however the parks did close early that day. Make sure you check out the decorations in New Orleans Square!
Old 12-11-2009, 01:49 PM   #201
Sherry E
Willing victim of the Disney Snowball Effect...
Okay so after a coffee and lunch break I am back!

DISboards Moderator

Bump!

Pumpkins, Peppermint, Pastels and...Club 33!!! - (A new chapter begins... Many photos and wacky tales, coming soon to a Trip Report thread near you!)
And for some non-holiday seaside fun in the sun ~~ 2012 Catalina Island/Avalon Trip Report - My Solo Day Trip, in Photos (LOTS of Photos!)- 7/21/12 & Highlights from 2013 & 2014
Old 12-11-2009, 02:05 PM   #202
Kevenswife2
Much easier for me to say, "NO!"
Hope I can squeeze it in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielle782001 View Post
Love the information here...We are thinking of going December 26th through December 31st 2010...But DL is the great unknown for me ...
It's the great unknown for me too! We'll be there Dec 19-26. I've found a lot of great info on here.
Old 12-13-2009, 05:17 PM   #203
Sherry E

DISboards Moderator

Pumpkins, Peppermint, Pastels and...Club 33!!! - (A new chapter begins... Many photos and wacky tales, coming soon to a Trip Report thread near you!)
And for some non-holiday seaside fun in the sun ~~ 2012 Catalina Island/Avalon Trip Report - My Solo Day Trip, in Photos (LOTS of Photos!)- 7/21/12 & Highlights from 2013 & 2014
Old 12-13-2009, 09:58 PM   #204
aussietravellers
who LOVE disney holidays!

Location: Australia or Austria... they are the same place aren't they?

Just thought I would post here being the Christmas thread.

We are here now and ordered the Christmas Tree and Stocking from Vacation Planning. Whilst it is expensive ($187 + tax) for us it is absolutely worth it and would have no hesitation ordering again.

It is only about 3 foot tall but it looks fantastic sitting on the table in our room, fits perfectly and when we arrived at our room it was the first thing we saw when entering our room and my DS went crazy and ran to the tree (before seeing his stocking on his bed).

There are 4 large soft toy type decorations, 3 plain glass mickey head decorations, one large mickey head decoration that also has a mickey figure between the two ears and there are 7 cookie looking christmas balls. It has a red with white snowflake cardboard tree skirt and on the top is a sign with "The Aussie Travellers Family". It also has many different coloured ribbons tied to branches around the tree too. In the wardrobe was a box for it with instructions from vacation planning on how to pack out the tree and decorations and options for shipping it home.

I can't remember all of the contents of the stocking, but it also has my DS's name on it on a plaque and it was lying on his bed. He absolutely loved it.

As we are here for a couple of weeks and leaving so close to Christmas we absolutely love having the tree in our room and it was so magical having it sitting there in our room when we arrived after a long flight.

So to many it would be cheaper to get a tree and decorations elsewhere, for us, to have it already set up, not having to go out shopping and round everything up was just fantastic and the decorations will be on our big tree at home next Christmas and for many many years to come as a reminder of our special Christmas trip this year.

2008 - Walt Disney World - Animal Kingdom Lodge & Disneyland Paris - Hotel New York
2009 - Disneyland California - Grand Californian
2010 - Walt Disney World - Animal Kingdom Lodge + Beach Club + Yacht Club Resorts My 2010 Trip to NY and WDW Trip Report
2013 - We lived at Disneyland for 4 months! - Residence Inn Garden Grove, Grand Californian & Disneyland Hotel

Last edited by aussietravellers; 05-23-2010 at 11:08 PM. Reason: added a photo
Old 12-13-2009, 10:11 PM   #205
Sherry E

DISboards Moderator

Aussietravellers - Please take pictures of the fully decorated tree for us! The last photo I saw of one of their trees was from maybe 2 years ago. We need an updated tree picture in this specific thread so guests can see it as part of the Christmas offerings.

As I said in the other thread where the Disney trees were bing discussed, I would definitely get one for myself too, if I were going to be staying at one of the hotels for at least a few days and nights and if I had the money. There would be something so wonderful to me about entering my new room and seeing a lovely tree waiting for me. I would not want to go out anywhere and get one and then decorate it. I want it to already be there for me. So in your case, because your family is staying for a good length of time, the price you paid for the tree and stocking is very worth it, I think.

Is shipping the whole tree back home going to be too expensive, or do you think you will do that? I would want to save the whole thing - tree, ornaments, box and all - if I paid that much for it, but I can imagine it must cost a lot of money to ship it out of the U.S.

Old 12-13-2009, 10:23 PM   #206
aussietravellers
who LOVE disney holidays!

Location: Australia or Austria... they are the same place aren't they?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherry E View Post
Aussietravellers - Please take pictures of the fully decorated tree for us! The last photo I saw of one of their trees was from maybe 2 years ago. We need an updated tree picture in this specific thread so guests can see it as part of the Christmas offerings.

As I said in the other thread where the Disney trees were bing discussed, I would definitely get one for myself too, if I were going to be staying at one of the hotels for at least a few days and nights and if I had the money. There would be something so wonderful to me about entering my new room and seeing a lovely tree waiting for me. I would not want to go out anywhere and get one and then decorate it. I want it to already be there for me. So in your case, because your family is staying for a good length of time, the price you paid for the tree and stocking is very worth it, I think.

Is shipping the whole tree back home going to be too expensive, or do you think you will do that? I would want to save the whole thing - tree, ornaments, box and all - if I paid that much for it, but I can imagine it must cost a lot of money to ship it out of the U.S.
I have taken photos of the tree, but haven't ever posted photos on here before so am not really sure how to do it, but if I can work it out I will definately post the photos, I will post the photos of the mickey stocking and it's contents too, it is really cute.

They didn't have the prices for shipping the tree internationally, there is an envelope from vacation planning stuck to the box. There were instructions from packing up the tree and bubble wrap and then a shipping sheet with different shipping options but no prices, it said to pack the ornaments on their own or pack them attached to the tree. As there are glass ornaments I don't think I would ship them attached to the tree because I would be worried they may break. But would love to take the whole tree and have it set up as it is at home with our name on the top. I will call next week to check on their rates to ship the whole tree but if it's too expensive, I will just pack up the decorations and if the tree branches fold up well and we don't do too much shopping we may squeeze the tree in our extra suitcase.
2008 - Walt Disney World - Animal Kingdom Lodge & Disneyland Paris - Hotel New York
2009 - Disneyland California - Grand Californian
2010 - Walt Disney World - Animal Kingdom Lodge + Beach Club + Yacht Club Resorts My 2010 Trip to NY and WDW Trip Report
2013 - We lived at Disneyland for 4 months! - Residence Inn Garden Grove, Grand Californian & Disneyland Hotel
Old 12-13-2009, 10:40 PM   #207
tksbaskets
DIS Veteran

Aussietravellers thanks so much for sharing your holiday fun with us. We went on a Disney Cruise over Christmas in 2004 and I paid to have a Spode Christmas tree in our stateroom when we arrived. I love that little tree and it reminds me of a fabulous family vacation. I carried our home in a suitcase too.

Enjoy your trip!!!
Old 12-13-2009, 11:41 PM   #208
azdisneylover
DIS Veteran

Aussie,
How wonderful for your son to run right to the tree! I hope you take pics of the tree and the stocking. I am now planning a trip for next year at Christmastime! Which hotel are you staying at? PPH, DH, or DCH? I wonder how much it would cost to ship by FED EX or UPS?
Have a wonderful time! Merry Christmas.
Old 12-14-2009, 09:35 AM   #209
Sherry E

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussietravellers View Post
I have taken photos of the tree, but haven't ever posted photos on here before so am not really sure how to do it, but if I can work it out I will definately post the photos, I will post the photos of the mickey stocking and it's contents too, it is really cute.

They didn't have the prices for shipping the tree internationally, there is an envelope from vacation planning stuck to the box. There were instructions from packing up the tree and bubble wrap and then a shipping sheet with different shipping options but no prices, it said to pack the ornaments on their own or pack them attached to the tree. As there are glass ornaments I don't think I would ship them attached to the tree because I would be worried they may break. But would love to take the whole tree and have it set up as it is at home with our name on the top. I will call next week to check on their rates to ship the whole tree but if it's too expensive, I will just pack up the decorations and if the tree branches fold up well and we don't do too much shopping we may squeeze the tree in our extra suitcase.
When you get back home, we will help you post photos. If you already have a free Photobucket account set up, that is the easiest way to do it. If not, you can do it when you get back. We need to see that tree!! Enjoy the rest of your trip! I am trying - trying being the operative word - to get to DLR myself this coming Saturday, the 19th, so keep your eyes peeled for a LGMH just in case! Everyone I know in other states seems to be going to WDW this holiday season, and every 'friend of a friend' I know in California seems to be heading to DLR. I have to go too! I cannot miss it! This is my favorite time of year and I cannot miss it!

Last edited by Sherry E; 12-14-2009 at 12:49 PM.
Old 12-14-2009, 11:11 AM   #210
liesel
DIS Veteran

I just returned from my first holiday trip to DLR and had a fantastic time! Here are some photos that I hope will spread some holiday cheer.

DLR: many times as a local 1984-1995, June 2009, December 2009, June 2010, October 2010 (day trip), October 2011, January 2012 Tinker Bell Half Marathon, July/August 2012, August/September 2012, January 2013 Tinker Bell Half Marathon, March 2013, Dumbo Double Dare August/September 2013, Tinker Bell Half Marathon January 2014

WDW: 1980, September 2008, February 2014 Princess Half Marathon-first coast to coast

Upcoming DLR trips: August 2014 Dumbo Double Dare 2: Liesel Strikes Back and first 10K with my DS, November 2014 Avengers Half Marathon (because I have a problem saying no to inaugural events), January 2015 Star Wars Half Marathon (see Avengers)

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: