Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-19-2009, 07:38 PM   #1
DisneyFaeriePrincess
Chocolate and Mickey, what else could be better.

A New Disney Obsession is Born!!

Ok for all of you who may be joining this TR for the first time I'll give you a little condensed version of my PTR. If you'd like to read the whole thing here's the link

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2125674

Or you can always click the link in my signature!!

Anyway here's a little condensed version...

Cast:
Sara (Me, 22)
Ian (Dbf, 20)

Our dates:

August 9-15, 2009

This was Ian's first trip to Disney World and I was a little worried that Ian wouldn't like it or at least not like it as much as I do. I can't tell you if he did, you'll have to find out by reading my TR!! I booked the trip in October of last year and have been waiting since. We stayed at Pop Century. I planned way too much and bought way too many clothes before we went but it ended up being worth it! So I guess that's all you need to know to start the TR!! Hope you enjoy!!
'95=Port Orleans '96=OKW '97=OKW '98=OKW in Jan. with Nonna and Grandma and OKW in summer '99=OKW and New Years trip '00=OKW '01=7 day Disney Cruise on the Magic and a week at Boardwalk '02=My bandtrip to WDW in May(off property) and OKW in the summer '03=OKW in the summer and for New Years '04=7 day Disney Cruise on the Magic and a day trip to Downtown Disney '05=OKW in the summer and AKL for New Years '06=My brother's bandtrip to WDW in May and OKW in the summer '07=OKW '08=OKW '09=Pop Century for DBF's first WDW trip'10=Disneyland with the family and Pop Century with DBF for my birthday '11=AKL and DCL for our honeymoon'12=Pop Century for my birthday our 1 year wedding anniversary '13=OKW with the whole family!! '13=OKW for Christmas decorations! '14=Pop for anniversary and birthday trip
Me DH Rajah

Last edited by DisneyFaeriePrincess; 08-19-2009 at 07:50 PM.
Old 08-19-2009, 07:47 PM   #2
DisneyFaeriePrincess

Thereís a great big beautiful tomorrow, shinning at the end of every day!

There's a great big beautiful tomorrow and tomorrow is just a dream away!

A little note before I start, there are no pictures in this update. I was a little slack in taking pictures, now mind you we took a whole whole lot of pictures, just not today. Donít worry the pictures will come though! Oh and Iím waiting for our photobook to come so when it does our photopass pictures will be included in the posts as well. And now onto our Disney Vacation!

Ahh Day 1. The start of our vacation. The anticipation that just fills you up, thinking of all the good things to come. Well actually it starts the day before we leave, so I guess this is pre Day 1. Let me start with before we left for our trip, I had been talking to all of you and worrying and wondering if Ian would like Disney world. I was pretty sure he would at least like it but I wanted him to love it. I wanted him to have that obsession that I did. Ok, ok he didnít need to be obsessed but I definitely wanted him to like it enough to go back again and again. Of course I had plans and plans of what I was going to do that day. I had been planning since October what our trip would be like. Now here is the question Iím going to propose now, did Ian love Disney with that obsession that only comes with true Disney lovers, would he have that constant yearning to go back again and again, and how did our plans go, would they go perfectly? These questions, Iím sorry to say, will be answered in time. I couldnít tell you right now, what fun would that be!! Now back to our actual trip!! As I said Iím going to start with the day before we left and that day was Saturday August 8. I got to Ian apartment and was too excited for words. I had that Disney trip feeling where you know youíre going to the most amazing place on earth. Not only did I have the Disney feeling I had the first trip to Disney feeling!! I wasnít going on my first trip but Ian was! I couldnít wait to go but we had to wait until tomorrow to leave! So first we had to pack Ian suitcase. Yes he waited until the last minute. And let me tell you he is a slowwww packer!! I felt like it took much longer than it should have. Well as we were packing we realized Ian was going to need a water bottle. Now I had offered him one of my familyís water bottles. We have a few we bought years ago that we take every year but of course he didnít want to use that one so we were going to have to run out and get one. We finished packing first. Well once Ianís suitcase was packed we were a little worried that it would be too heavy and Ian didnít have a scale. Well thereís one more thing to add to our quick shopping list. So we ran out to Wal-Mart to pick up a water bottle and scale. Wal-Mart let us down. There were a few water bottles there but not any he wanted to use and I must agree their selection was really poor. Also we couldnít find any scales there. I was getting quite aggravated!! I just wanted to get back and relax and sleep so that our vacation could come sooner!! Our next stop was Target. Yay finally a water bottle!! We had to walk around a bit to find them but finally after both of us just getting too aggravated and wanting to get home we finally found them. We also just happened along the scales so we picked one up too. Yay weíre on our way home!! We stopped at McDonalds for some greasy goodness, yeah we didnít want to cook anything so fast food it was!! After we got back we finished packing and weighed both our suitcases. Ianís suitcase just made it and my suitcase was fine. We put our Disney name tags on and our Magical Express tags!! It was so real now. We were really going to Disney World!! (That's me that night!!) I went over my super duper packing list one more time to make sure we didnít leave anything out and made sure our carry ons were packed and ready to go. We ate our McDonalds and popped the Disney planning DVD in. At Ianís request we saved watching the DVD until right before we left. He thought it would be more fun that way. I didnít have an opinion either way so waiting to watch it was fine by me. We watched the DVD, our excitement just growing and growing! I was literally squealing with excitement!! I donít know how Ian puts up with me! So sad, the planning DVD was over but now we were more excited. Next we put on an old Robin Williams stand up show and watched that while I made my last visit to the Dis boards before we left! By now it was about 9:15/9:30 so we changed into our pjs and got ready for bed. Our goal was to be sleeping by 10:00 but we were just too excited!! Ianís not one to actually show excitement but I can tell he was! Well we just happened to be flipping through the channels and guess what was on, Finding Nemo!! How appropriate! So we watched the end of Finding Nemo and lay down to go to sleep at 10:00. First we made sure our alarms were set. Ian set his actual alarm and set a few on his phone so we wouldnít sleep in and I set one on my phone! We did not want to sleep in and miss our flight!! Ian fell asleep pretty quickly, of course he also took some Tylenol pm just to make sure he would sleep all right so I'm sure that helped! I fell asleep about 10:30/11:00 so I figure pretty good with keeping with our schedule! Tomorrow was our big day and it would be jam packed with excitement. Tomorrow was also an early day!! Would we wake up on time? How would Ian do on the plane? Does he kill me for making him fly? How would our first day at Disney go? And finally what was Ianí first reaction to Disney World? To find out I guess youíll have to wait until the next update!! (Haha this is all part of my evil plan to make sure you all keep reading and donít abandon me!!)

Next update, actual Day 1 and our first day at Disney World!!
'95=Port Orleans '96=OKW '97=OKW '98=OKW in Jan. with Nonna and Grandma and OKW in summer '99=OKW and New Years trip '00=OKW '01=7 day Disney Cruise on the Magic and a week at Boardwalk '02=My bandtrip to WDW in May(off property) and OKW in the summer '03=OKW in the summer and for New Years '04=7 day Disney Cruise on the Magic and a day trip to Downtown Disney '05=OKW in the summer and AKL for New Years '06=My brother's bandtrip to WDW in May and OKW in the summer '07=OKW '08=OKW '09=Pop Century for DBF's first WDW trip'10=Disneyland with the family and Pop Century with DBF for my birthday '11=AKL and DCL for our honeymoon'12=Pop Century for my birthday our 1 year wedding anniversary '13=OKW with the whole family!! '13=OKW for Christmas decorations! '14=Pop for anniversary and birthday trip
Me DH Rajah

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-19-2009, 07:59 PM   #3
Vallie
DIS Veteran

im here im here! i just wanted to be first! lol so i'll go back and read it now!

may 1999 : offsite
december 2007 : offsite : new years trip
august 2009 : PoP century

december 2010 : tokyo disney land & sea

***coming up: july 2011 : disneyland california
Old 08-19-2009, 08:02 PM   #4
DisneyFaeriePrincess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallie View Post
im here im here! i just wanted to be first! lol so i'll go back and read it now!

Haha, I'm glad you're here and you're first!! I do believe you were the most persistant in me starting my TR. I hope you have fun reading and enjoy!! Of course you will miss a bit and have to catch up because YOU have to go on a Disney trip!!
Me DH Rajah

Old 08-19-2009, 08:04 PM   #5
Vallie
DIS Veteran

okay so you sound exactly like me squeeling with excitment and all! me and craig have watched that planning video so many times lol actually he requests watching it more then me! and we watch alot of youtube videos too lol

i dont think im gunna be able to sleep friday night! it doesnt feel real just yet! maybe friday it will?!

good idea about the water bottle... maybe i should go buy one too.. hmmm

Old 08-19-2009, 08:05 PM   #6
Vallie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFaeriePrincess View Post
Haha, I'm glad you're here and you're first!! I do believe you were the most persistant in me starting my TR. I hope you have fun reading and enjoy!! Of course you will miss a bit and have to catch up because YOU have to go on a Disney trip!!
aha well i wanted to be first because you were my first PTR reader! and youve helped me so much in my planning and all!

and darn trip getting in the way of my reading! ugh!

haha and sorry im so annoying! but persistance pays off!

Old 08-19-2009, 08:46 PM   #7
deslynnpatterson
we will be married for 5 years:) and will be spending it in disney:)

just reading the first part of your trip report is getting me all excited for me trip!! and I cannot wait to read more!! I kept waiting for you to start one girl!! LOL just kidding -- i understand how busy things are when coming back from the trip-- i will be waiting and ready to hear more!!! woohoo!!!!

Old 08-19-2009, 08:52 PM   #8
tink774
LeFou, I'm afraid I've been thinking!

Yay, you started it! Subscribing!!

And the title makes me really happy!
1991-2004 - More WDW trips than I can count June 2005 - Mom's Birthday trip at CBR April 2006 - Rawbanana's First Disney trip together at POP with the family May 2007 - Rawbanana at POP December 2007 - Family trip at ASMu December 2008 - New Years at POP April 2009 - Anna's Birthday Trip at POP October 2009 - Halloween at POP

Attractions CM since Fall '10!
Old 08-19-2009, 10:30 PM   #9
DisneyFaeriePrincess

Quote:
okay so you sound exactly like me squeeling with excitment and all! me and craig have watched that planning video so many times lol actually he requests watching it more then me! and we watch alot of youtube videos too lol

i dont think im gunna be able to sleep friday night! it doesnt feel real just yet! maybe friday it will?!

good idea about the water bottle... maybe i should go buy one too.. hmmm
Haha, yeah I did a few squeels while at Disney too but they had to be quite ones because Ian would just look at me like shut up already!! We watched a few youtube ones a while before our trip but actually playing Kingdom Hearts really got us excited too because of all the Disney characters!! Yeah probably no sleep friday, hehe. To me it didn't feel really real until we get to the airport. Ugh I want to go back!! The water bottle worked well for both of us. Ian just used plain water (don't drink it from the sinks in the rooms, the water tastes horrible but the water from the water fountains in the parks are fine!) and I used the crystal light packets.

Quote:
aha well i wanted to be first because you were my first PTR reader! and youve helped me so much in my planning and all!

and darn trip getting in the way of my reading! ugh!

haha and sorry im so annoying! but persistance pays off!
Oh geez I forgot I was the first one on your PTR! (Forgive me I can't remember anything! ) Oh I'm glad I could help you with all your planning! Don't worry about being persistant, I'm glad someone wanted to read my TR so badly!! Makes me feel loved!

Quote:
Originally Posted by deslynnpatterson View Post
just reading the first part of your trip report is getting me all excited for me trip!! and I cannot wait to read more!! I kept waiting for you to start one girl!! LOL just kidding -- i understand how busy things are when coming back from the trip-- i will be waiting and ready to hear more!!! woohoo!!!!
I'm glad you like it so far! Sorry for the lack of pictures, I really wasn't in the picture taking mode yet!! Sorry!! I really was quite busy, getting all my pictures together and getting all the paperwork and tests done for my new job. Ugh I'm already stressed and it hasn't even started yet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tink774 View Post
Yay, you started it! Subscribing!!

And the title makes me really happy!
Yep, finally I know! Makes me happy too!! Haha, you can probably guess why the title's what it is! I hope you enjoy my TR!
Me DH Rajah

Old 08-20-2009, 02:14 AM   #10
EastYorkDisneyFan
DIS Veteran

Don't apologize for not having picture of you packing. Do people seriously do that?

You can dream, create, design and build the most wonderful place in the world, but it takes people to make the dream a reality.
- Walt Disney
Old 08-20-2009, 08:39 AM   #11
shordiebecka
DIS Veteran

Hey! So happy you finally started your TR can't wait to hear if he likes it..though I'm sure he does!!!
1990-Carribean Beach**1992- Port Orleans** 1996-All Star Music** 2000-Off Site** 2001- Port Orleans/DCL** 2003 AKL/DCL** 2005- Boardwalk Inn** 2006- All Star Music**2008 All Star Sports**2009 Animal Kingdom Lodge** 2009 CSR Holiday Trip** 2009 Beach Club Holiday Trip**2010 POR Fall Trip (Engaged!)**2012 Wilderness lodge (expecting a baby!)**2014 Boardwalk Villas (With a 9 month old!)

UP NEXT: November 2014- Art of Animation!!!
Old 08-20-2009, 05:18 PM   #12
DisneyFaeriePrincess

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastYorkDisneyFan View Post
Don't apologize for not having picture of you packing. Do people seriously do that?
Yep I've seen it!! Welcome as well! I don't think you've joined us earlier but if you have I'm sorry I have horrible memory! And if you have welcome back!! Oh I just saw that you're staying at Pop for the first time!! You'll love it!! We did!! It's such a Disney resort!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shordiebecka View Post
Hey! So happy you finally started your TR can't wait to hear if he likes it..though I'm sure he does!!!
Hey, you're here!! Oh well you will just have to wait and see!!
Me DH Rajah

Old 08-20-2009, 05:32 PM   #13
deslynnpatterson
we will be married for 5 years:) and will be spending it in disney:)

i can't wait to read more!!!!

Old 08-20-2009, 10:57 PM   #14
DisneyFaeriePrincess

Quote:
Originally Posted by deslynnpatterson View Post
i can't wait to read more!!!!

Hahahaha (that's my evil laugh) you'll have to wait a little longer!! I can't put all my updates all at once!! I need to keep thinking Disney!! I don't want any Disney depression (it's that feeling you get when you get back from Disney and reality hits you) So to prevent Disney depression I will be keeping this TR going as long as possible!!
Me DH Rajah

Old 08-21-2009, 12:30 AM   #15
EastYorkDisneyFan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFaeriePrincess View Post
Yep I've seen it!! Welcome as well! I don't think you've joined us earlier but if you have I'm sorry I have horrible memory! And if you have welcome back!! Oh I just saw that you're staying at Pop for the first time!! You'll love it!! We did!! It's such a Disney resort!
I kind of just lurked on your PTR.

You can dream, create, design and build the most wonderful place in the world, but it takes people to make the dream a reality.
- Walt Disney

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: