Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board > Disneyland Paris Trip Reports Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-14-2009, 02:41 PM   #1
Mum to Belle
Thinks she may know someone who has a planner

Smile My Very First Pre Trip Report!

Tinkerbell has reached the lighthouse on my ticker so I decided that it must be time for a pre-trip report!

Crew:
Me (34) big Disney fan, esp the Classics
DH (38 - 39 while we're there) along for the rides
DD (2) Playhouse Disney fan, in love with Aladdin, wants to be Jasmine!

Details:
Arrive 22nd September for a 3 night stay at the Newport Bay Club, Admirals Floor Lake View room (hoping for a balcony!!) Leave the magic on Friday 25th.

We're travelling by Eurostar from St Pancras so we'll be staying at the Premier Inn next door before & after to make life easier.

Park & Meal Plan:

Tuesday

Breakfast in Premier Inn
Eurostar to the magic, arrive about 1.30 which I think is 12.30 GMT.
Check-in at Newport Bay Club, if the queues aren't too bad!
Lunch at 2.00 (French time!) in Cafe Mickey
Hopefully DD won't be too scared of the characters!!
A little look in some of the shops on our way to the park...
Afternoon in Adventureland - arrive through the Aladdin's passageway, of course! Let DD run around after a morning stuck on a train! Possibly a ride on Pirates of the Caribbean if we think she'll like it...?
Will try and get up in the Panoramagique balloon too!
Back to the hotel to get changed, probably dinner in the hotel this evening and a drink in the bar.

Wednesday

I've booked a 7.30 character breakfast (seemed like a good idea at the time!)
Then Extra Magic Hours in Fantasyland!!!
Probably most of the morning in Fantasyland then a trip to Salon Mickey before it closes - hoorah for the Shareholders Club!!
Back to the hotel for a rest and a swim - if there aren't big queues when it eventually opens!
Disney Studios in time to catch the Cars & Stars parade - a sure chance to see Jasmine & Aladdin!!
Dinner in Beaver Creek Tavern I think. This has changed several times!! But I think we will get the best value from a restaurant which is at least partly a buffet as DD is under 3 and won't get meal vouchers.

Thursday (DH Birthday!)

In honour of the birthday boy, I'm planning room service for breakfast so we can be a bit more chilled out. (And make up a picnic for the park!)
Discoveryland for what's left of EMH! I don't think there will be much for us there anyway.
Then Frontierland so DH can go on the rides and DD can explore the Fort and Pocohontas playground. Ride on the Riverboat perhaps. Not sure whether any meet & Greets will be on but will check the programme before we go!
Back to the hotel for a rest & maybe a swim.
Disney Studios to do Flying Carpets, Animagique, Playhouse Disney Show, and Stitch Live DH can do Tower of Terror!
Dinner at Inventions!!! Very excited about this!!! Possibly a cocktail!

Friday - last day already?????

Either early breakfast in hotel or a park breakfast if the're still available?
EMH in Fantasyland again. According to other threads this will be the only day we can do Casey or the Storybook Cruise so will stay here most of the morning.
Lunch in Auberge!! Hope DD won't be too disappointed not to see her favourite princess in here and that the others will make up for it!
Afternoon spot of shopping before watching UOAD Parade.
Time for a last visit to DD's favourite ride/place - any bets on what this will be?!!
Grab something to eat before heading back to the train station and the Eurostar back to London.

So that's that!

Any comments or advice very welcome! Thank you for reading xx

Last edited by Mum to Belle; 08-15-2009 at 03:21 PM.
Old 08-15-2009, 03:55 PM   #2
FiFi Rose
The last time we didn't even get slippers
I'm so computer literate
I seem to catch everything!

Sounds great Your DD will have a lovely time. Only one month to go you'll be there before you know it.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-15-2009, 04:46 PM   #3
PJackson
DIS Veteran

Awww your DD is sooo cute! You will have a fab time - it will be here before you know it Your plans sound great
DLH 30 Aug - 3 Sept 2009

No trip in planning - well there might be a small one....
Old 08-17-2009, 06:23 AM   #4
Mum to Belle

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiFi Rose View Post
Sounds great Your DD will have a lovely time. Only one month to go you'll be there before you know it.
Yay! 5 weeks to go!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJackson View Post
Awww your DD is sooo cute! You will have a fab time - it will be here before you know it Your plans sound great
Ah, thanks! Not the best photo of her IMO!
Old 08-17-2009, 07:11 AM   #5
mommy2ash
Has a Pooh pushin' Ash
It looks like lucky nugget is a must
I am totally blaming emma

sounds like you have a great plan. your dd is so cute. ash has that dress as well although i dont have the ears lol.

Disneyland Paris October 2008 - Santa Fe
Disneyland Paris February 2009 - Santa Fe
Disneyland Paris November 2009 - Santa Fe/Sequoia Lodge
Disneyland Paris March 2010 - Santa Fe
Disneyland Paris October 2010 - Santa Fe
Disneyland Paris Feb 2011- Santa Fe
Disneyland Paris Oct 2011 - Santa Fe
Disneyland Paris Oct 2012 - Cheyenne
Disneyland Paris June 2013 - Santa Fe
Old 08-17-2009, 02:27 PM   #6
Mum to Belle

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2ash View Post
sounds like you have a great plan. your dd is so cute. ash has that dress as well although i dont have the ears lol.
Thank you! The ears don't stay on for long, so I'd save your money!!
Old 08-30-2009, 05:18 AM   #7
Ware Bears

Elvis Fan
Fridge Magnet hoarder

DISboards Moderator

Sounds wonderful. Your DD is adorable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mum to Belle View Post
The ears don't stay on for long, so I'd save your money!!
Reminds me of when my eldest DD was a bridesmaid and her flower headband didn't stay on long either!
WDW Holiday Inn Nikki Bird Easter 2004 DLP Explorers August 2005 DLP Explorers Christmas 2005 DLP Explorers August 2006 WDW Comfort Suites Maingate East/Grand Plaza, St Pete Beach Easter 2007 DLP Explorers Halloween 2007 DLP Explorers August 2008 WDW Comfort Suites Maingate East/Disney Wonder Bahamas/Yacht Club Christmas 2009 New Year 2010 DLP Disneyland Hotel May 2011 DLP Newport Bay Club August 2012 DCL Disney Wonder Alaska DL Candy Cane Inn August 2013
Moderator Disneyland Paris
Old 08-30-2009, 06:42 AM   #8
tennisfan
Was told off for sliding down the banister at the SL
South Africa or California for me
Popped to the Boots

DISboards Moderator

Sounds great

Trips:
DLRP - Hotel Cheyenne, October, 1994, DLRP - Hotel New York, October, 1998, DLRP - Hotel New York, June, 1999, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, October, 1999, DLRP - Hotel New York, October, 2000, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, October, 2001, Walt Disney Studios preview, February, 2002, DLRP - Hotel Cheyenne, August, 2002, New York City, Easter 2004, DLRP - Hotel New York, August, 2004, DLRP - Day trip, November, 2004, DLRP - Day trip, September, 2005, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, Easter 2007, DLRP - Kyriad, June 2007 DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, June 2009 DLRP - Day trip, November 2009 New York City, February 2010 DLRP - Disneyland Hotel, June 2010 DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, September 2010 Stratosphere Hotel, Las Vegas, October 2010 DLRP - Day trip, January 2011, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, August 2011, DLRP - Day trip, January 2012, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, June 2012, DLRP - Santa Fe, November 2012,
Old 08-30-2009, 02:09 PM   #9
Mum to Belle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ware Bears View Post
Sounds wonderful. Your DD is adorable.

Reminds me of when my eldest DD was a bridesmaid and her flower headband didn't stay on long either!
Thanks! DD was a bridesmaid last December and we opted for curls in her hair and nothing else!!
Old 08-30-2009, 03:09 PM   #10
dlpSteve
If home is where the heart is then take me back to DLRP - I wanna go home!

Sweet picture

I'll be reading your trippie with great interest when you get back (not that I'm wishing your trip away!), as Lucas will be 2 (having his birthday there!) when we take him for the first time in May.

Hotel Cheyenne 07/02, 11/02, 07/04, 12/05, 07/06, 10/06, 10/07 & 09/10 Hotel New York 11/12, 11/13
Hotel Santa Fe 07/05, 11/11 & 05/12 Sequoia Lodge 12/03 - Honeymoon Suite Off Site: 05/13, 11/13

Old 08-31-2009, 03:14 PM   #11
Mum to Belle

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlpSteve View Post
Sweet picture

I'll be reading your trippie with great interest when you get back (not that I'm wishing your trip away!), as Lucas will be 2 (having his birthday there!) when we take him for the first time in May.
Thanks! I promise to do my trip report as soon as I can! I can't believe that it's only 3 weeks till we head off to London...

Incidentally, Beaver Creek Tavern has now been changed to The Steakhouse - the foodie in me won out!!
Old 08-31-2009, 04:57 PM   #12
Mrsweasley
Mouseketeer

I know the programe will change but there was a character meet with Aladdin or Friends outside the Agrabah cafe , Jasmine was with him one day so fingers crossed

Gorgeous picture !

DLP December 2006 Sequoia Lodge
DLP December 2007 Sequoia Lodge
DLP August 2009 Sequoia Lodge
Hoping for Fairy Dust in Summer 2009 in Sequoia Lodge
Old 09-01-2009, 02:53 AM   #13
Mum to Belle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrsweasley View Post
I know the programe will change but there was a character meet with Aladdin or Friends outside the Agrabah cafe , Jasmine was with him one day so fingers crossed

Gorgeous picture !
Thank you! Just spotted the programmes for first two weeks in September!! They have changed the times of Stars n Cars which will mean I have to rethink my itinerary as I thought it was on later! It's a good thing I enjoy planning!! Fingers crossed for a character meet
Old 09-04-2009, 06:10 AM   #14
DLPdaft
Cannot stop singing "Just like we dreeeeamed it"
Has a calming influence

DISboards Moderator

Sounds great!! My DD also found Aladdin and Jasmine outside the Agrabah Cafe together last June - she thought she'd died and gone to heaven .

Elaine
Feb 07 Santa Fe, Oct 07 Santa Fe, Nov 07 Cheyenne, June 08 Explorers, Oct 08 surprise upgrade to the Newport Bay Club! May 09 Magic Circus, Dec 09 Santa Fe VIP, Oct 10 Santa Fe "Cars stylee", March 11 St Patricks Day Santa Fe, Nov 11 Dream Castle bonfire and Christmas, June 12 Dream Castle 20th Dreams, Feb 13 Santa Fe & Dreams, April 14 Santa Fe Spring Festival Fun
Old 09-04-2009, 07:06 AM   #15
Mum to Belle

How lovely for your daughter!! I think I will be going straight to City Hall when we get there to ask - don't want to miss any opportunity!

Just received my Shareholders Club Card so may have to make a pre-holiday visit to The Disney Store to get a few last minute things! Maybe another dress for DD to wear to Auberge, I am justifying it as a reward for the potty training this week!!

Travel insurance all booked now too. Just got to sort out the packing and the spending money, upgrade the meal vouchers to premium ones and enquire about getting a room with a balcony!

Last edited by Mum to Belle; 09-06-2009 at 02:39 PM.
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: