DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-14-2009, 04:32 PM   #16
Sandisw

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mookie Blaylock View Post
Seems to me that BLT should have a 4th category room, a partial MK view if you will. For a view of the Lake and MK I would give up more points than a pure LV. Plus you could make the LV points a little more reasonable(compared to other resorts)
Maybe the view should be a "fireworks view" vs. MK view. As I said, it appeared to me that many of the even #'d rooms, on the outer circle, will be able to see the fireworks from the balconies.

I can't wait to see when the list is completed and we know exactly which rooms, in which categories, have what for views.

I know personally, if I ever spent extra points for MK view, it would be for fireworks (which I am assuming is a lot of peoples plans). But now that I know that I can see them from some of the LV rooms, I will chance it and hope for the best!

Sandisw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 04:33 PM   #17
lark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandisw View Post
Since this room was on the outer curve, almost to the end (there was only a 1 bedroom left on the floor) we were almost the farthest out.
Just to make sure I'm understanding. If you look at the "What's in a BLT" thread, it shows the floor plan of the 4th floor in the first message. (Link to that thread below.)

It shows phase 16 as the outermost edge of the "C" in the north tower. Phase 16 A is the outer portion, and it shows a lock off and a dedicated 2 BR. Was your room the furthest to the left of this phase (or, I mean to say, the equivalent of this phase on your floor)? If so, that's a better view than I would have expected.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2212548
lark is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-14-2009, 04:33 PM   #18
mousescrapper
DIS Veteran

subbing in!

got pointed to this thread from What's in a BLT? thread.

won't be able to give my input till end of next year, but will be curious to see what people get and how it turns out.

Excited to hear a couple of the SV 2BR D you can see CR, lake etc...not just parking that is what we'll be requesting for our first stay home.

Thanks for putting this together too OP
mousescrapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 04:50 PM   #19
Sandisw

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by lark View Post
Just to make sure I'm understanding. If you look at the "What's in a BLT" thread, it shows the floor plan of the 4th floor in the first message. (Link to that thread below.)

It shows phase 16 as the outermost edge of the "C" in the north tower. Phase 16 A is the outer portion, and it shows a lock off and a dedicated 2 BR. Was your room the furthest to the left of this phase (or, I mean to say, the equivalent of this phase on your floor)? If so, that's a better view than I would have expected.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2212548
Yes, that is where we were. If you look at the diagram, the studio lock off that has "16A" in it is the room we were in as the only thing on our side of the hallway left was the 1 bedroom lock off next door.

We did have what appeared to be 2 bedroom dedicated across the hall from us.

Old 08-14-2009, 06:32 PM   #20
DenLo
DIS Veteran

Thanks to the OP for starting this thread. I'm subscribing too. Wish we could supply room information earlier, but DH will do so after our first stay in March. Who knows, you may not need our information by that date.

Thanks to all who are adding photos of their room's view. We'll be watching!

DenLo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 09:18 PM   #21
work2play
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandisw View Post
Yes, that is where we were. If you look at the diagram, the studio lock off that has "16A" in it is the room we were in as the only thing on our side of the hallway left was the 1 bedroom lock off next door.

We did have what appeared to be 2 bedroom dedicated across the hall from us.
Sandi- I was a little confused when I looked at 16A, it looked to me like if you were in the studio, then there would have been two rooms to the left of you (if you are standing facing the door to the studio you were in, they would be to your right!). The one next door would be the 1 BR lockoff and there would be one to the right of that one that would be a dedicated 2 BR. Is that correct? I was thinking there would have been room 8204(1 BR) and 8202 (2 BR D).

JoAnne

We love BLT and BWV!

work2play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 09:37 PM   #22
work2play
DIS Veteran

I checked the map that was posted, and it does say that the first room on the floor is XX02, so if you were in 8206, 8204 and 8202 should have been to the right of you when standing in front of your door. From the drawing of 16A, it looks as though the door to 8202 was pretty close to the door for the stairwell.

We love BLT and BWV!

Last edited by work2play; 08-15-2009 at 08:01 AM.
Old 08-14-2009, 10:36 PM   #23
colleen costello
Is in a "just back from OKW and why can't I live there all the time?" depression

I booked BLT today bright and early. Was thrilled to get a lakeview 1-bedroom but wonder what they will make of my request... I am terrified of heights and asked for "5th floor or lower" (as member is nutty) and the CM wrote it down for me. I had no idea that many of those rooms would actually be STANDARD VIEW.

I went to the BLT sales meeting and tour TWICE in July and I have to say those "partial lake/partial MK views" sound wonderful because BOTH views are so cool and with those side rooms you will get a bit of both. From the roof deck you can see BOTH ways... Off the front to the MK and thru some windows they have added in the back of that deck(where there is a wall) so you can see the lake. Also, the photos here from 8th floor looked wonderful.. From up higher you see not only the Castle but lots of (ugly) flat roofs... from Tomorrowland/Fantasyland I think... and the slightly lower angle view sort of took care of that. I believe think ANY room at BLT is going to be fabulous... There is nothing like staying in a new DVC resort for the first time!

colleen costello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 06:37 AM   #24
bookwormde
Heading out now, another adventure
Have a good time, WDW is a magical place

Thanks for the graphics layout; It will be interesting to see how the views evolve as you get more reports and if rooms change “classification” as members complain and CM realize that some rooms that were LV are actually Mk view to replace the complaint rooms (especially the lower floor MK views).

bookwormde
Old 08-15-2009, 09:32 AM   #25
work2play
DIS Veteran

maps added

I have now added 3 map views to post number 1. Let me know what you think!

We love BLT and BWV!

Old 08-15-2009, 10:01 AM   #26
LisaRN97
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by work2play View Post
I have now added 3 map views to post number 1. Let me know what you think!
They look great!!! Thanks!!!

BLT: 09/2009; 08/2010; 10/2012; 11/2013; 03/2015
DCL: 3-day Wonder 09/2009; 4-day Wonder 02/2014; 7-day Alaska 06/2014; 7-day Fantasy 10/2015
AK Kidani: 08/2011
LisaRN97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 11:28 AM   #27
Sandisw

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Sandi- I was a little confused when I looked at 16A, it looked to me like if you were in the studio, then there would have been two rooms to the left of you (if you are standing facing the door to the studio you were in, they would be to your right!). The one next door would be the 1 BR lockoff and there would be one to the right of that one that would be a dedicated 2 BR. Is that correct? I was thinking there would have been room 8204(1 BR) and 8202 (2 BR D).

JoAnne
It is possible that is the way that it was. I know that #8204 door and our door were right next to each other. I thought that was the last door, but of course, I could be wrong. There may have been another room on the other side of it whose door is at the end of the hallway. I should have taken pictures. From the maps that have been done (THANKS!!) it seems that there is a #XX02 room so I must have missed it!!

Old 08-15-2009, 12:13 PM   #28
Cee
DIS Veteran

That map is so thorough, it's confusing!
Cee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 01:09 PM   #29
work2play
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cee View Post
That map is so thorough, it's confusing!
You should have seen the first one that I made when I thought i would just put everything on one map using different font colors for the different views! It was making my head hurt so I opted for the two maps...

We love BLT and BWV!

Old 08-15-2009, 02:30 PM   #30
DVCGeek
DIS Veteran

Quote:
You should have seen the first one that I made when I thought i would just put everything on one map using different font colors for the different views! It was making my head hurt so I opted for the two maps...
I liked the current multiple map breakout! Thanks for putting this together, and I'll contribute if you need my info. by then. We are checking into a LV studio on Nov. 29th, MK view studio Jan. 30, and my parents are joining us on that trip in a SV studio on Feb. 1!

| | | Owner @ DVC's BLT, VGC, AKV, & VWL + D23 first day Charter Member | | |
DVCGeek is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: