DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-27-2012, 04:40 PM   #1846
work2play
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by momx2 View Post
I haven't made pictures, but I can report that we are in room 7226, a 1 bedroom. Being on the second floor facing the parking lot is kind of weird because I feel like everyone can see in my room, but we have a great view of the fireworks. We can see a good 95% of the entire show from our couch. Only the cushion closest the window though. The overhang in front blocks a wee bit of the fireworks that happen directly at the castle. We have a view of the monorail, castle and top of space mountain. Not too shabby for standard view points! Just thought I wpould update since I didn't see a report on this room number.
Thanks, if you can snap a few photos of the view, that would be great, I would love to add them to the first posting!

We love BLT and BWV!

work2play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 12:06 PM   #1847
Wanna be Ariel
DIS Veteran

Great info. Thank you everyone for all the great photos

Many Trips Before DS
Sept- Poly CL (DS 1st Trip & DH B-Day)
May- AK Jumbo/SSR (DS B-Day & 1st FG and SWW)
Nov/Dec-BLT LV (DS 1st MVMCP)
Wanna be Ariel is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-16-2012, 05:56 PM   #1848
bbn1122
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by momx2 View Post
I haven't made pictures, but I can report that we are in room 7226, a 1 bedroom. Being on the second floor facing the parking lot is kind of weird because I feel like everyone can see in my room, but we have a great view of the fireworks. We can see a good 95% of the entire show from our couch. Only the cushion closest the window though. The overhang in front blocks a wee bit of the fireworks that happen directly at the castle. We have a view of the monorail, castle and top of space mountain. Not too shabby for standard view points! Just thought I wpould update since I didn't see a report on this room number.
Good to hear about a standard 1 bedroom. I just booked the same for next June. 2 years ago we had a dedicated 2 bedroom on the 8th floor xx02, with great views of the lake Space Mountain and the Castle. We too could see the fireworks from our couch.

I know booking a standard view is what it is, but I wanted to save points. I am hoping to tack on 3 nights at VB once I have the 7 month window....

Thanks...again...
AKL - Aug 2011,
HHI - August 2012
OKW - August 2014
Vero Beach - August 2014
Magic - West Carib April 2010, 2 night NYC June 2012
Dream - 3 night - August 2011 3 Night Dream - August 2014
bbn1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 12:20 AM   #1849
PistolPeteCO
Earning My Ears

It's amazing how much the views can vary from one room to another. Glad they did some reallocation of view categories for some of the rooms.
PistolPeteCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 06:48 PM   #1850
BLTtinkerbell
DIS Veteran

This is an awesome thread! We have stayed at BLT a few times and love it! We bought DVC there and are happy with our choice.

The first trip we were in room 8216, 2 bed ded MK view. We loved our view of the MK and fireworks!

Second trip we were in room 7144, 2 bed ded standard view. We enjoyed the view of marina and EWP! We wish there were sheer curtains for privacy, because people walking by could see in.

Last time we were in room 7230 2 bed ded standard view. We were happy to see fireworks from balcony! Again wish there were sheer curtains for privacy because people from sky bridge could see in. We don't mind the "parking lot view" seeing we aren't in the room that much during the day. Just wish standard view rooms had sheer curtains.

I enjoy the hustle and bustle of CR!

Looking forward to going "home" next year!
BLTtinkerbell is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 12:47 PM   #1851
psac
DIS Veteran

Even in the high floors I wish they had sheer curtains. Bad decision not to include them like every other hotel in the world.
Past AKL-K Apr'14, BWV Nov'13, VWL/DCL Fantasy Sep'13, Poly CL Jul'13, AKL CL Apr'13, BWV Nov'12, BC CL Jun'12, BLT Apr'12, BWV Nov'11, CR Jul'11, BWI CL Nov'10, GF CL Apr'10, GF Apr'09, Omni Champ. Apr'07, POR Oct '03
psac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 01:57 PM   #1852
kneedeep
Loving the Florida life

We just got back from a 7-night BLT stay in a 1BR lake view, room 7810 (8th floor). I had requested high floor, even numbered room (thanks to DIS advice), and we were absolutely thrilled with the view. I could watch Wishes out the window right in front of me while sitting on the living room sofa, or we could go out on the balcony. You could see the parking lot if you looked down, but that didn't bother us. Also, the room was just a short walk from the elevator. We were totally spoiled!!

Here is our official lake view looking to the right from 7810:

And if we looked left, here is what we saw:

Looking down, slightly left we could see a pond with a fountain and the CR tennis courts:

And here are some fun zooms:

kneedeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 04:46 PM   #1853
KAT4DISNEY
Glad to be a test subject
1st trip Disneyland 1969
1st Trip DisneyWorld 1972
Only trip Disneyland Paris 2002

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLTtinkerbell View Post
Again wish there were sheer curtains for privacy because people from sky bridge could see in. We don't mind the "parking lot view" seeing we aren't in the room that much during the day. Just wish standard view rooms had sheer curtains.
Quote:
Originally Posted by psac View Post
Even in the high floors I wish they had sheer curtains. Bad decision not to include them like every other hotel in the world.
Have you each sent your input to MS? I did so after staying in an MK view studio that was located close to the sky bridge and lower so people could (and would from what I saw) look in. Either I had to be on stage or I had to have the room like a cave with the curtains closed. The more input on this item the more likely it might change.

I also commented on a few other things - including the bathroom sink setup and the lack of a full length mirror in the room which were both things that were changed. I'm not saying it was due to me or we'd have sheers too but if they aren't aware then they think everything is hunky dory. DVC didn't make those changes just because they felt like it - it would have been due to input from guests.

KAT4DISNEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 07:53 PM   #1854
BLTtinkerbell
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAT4DISNEY View Post
Have you each sent your input to MS? I did so after staying in an MK view studio that was located close to the sky bridge and lower so people could (and would from what I saw) look in. Either I had to be on stage or I had to have the room like a cave with the curtains closed. The more input on this item the more likely it might change.

I also commented on a few other things - including the bathroom sink setup and the lack of a full length mirror in the room which were both things that were changed. I'm not saying it was due to me or we'd have sheers too but if they aren't aware then they think everything is hunky dory. DVC didn't make those changes just because they felt like it - it would have been due to input from guests.
Yes I did inform MS both times. I told them while I loved my rooms, I didn't enjoy having people look in at us and I didn't want the room to be dark either.

Thanks for reminding people to let member services know.
Old 07-30-2012, 03:31 PM   #1855
BLTtinkerbell
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by psac View Post
I agree with you. ALL rooms should have sheer curtains.
Old 07-31-2012, 10:23 PM   #1856
bigAWL
DIS Veteran

Room 8116 has a great head-on view of the MK. It's a Theme Park View category dedicated 2BR, and I think this is about as good as it gets. Although there is a 2BR one floor above (8216), between this one and the GV. (I sent Member Services an e-mail to add a room request - I gave them a list of room numbers that I thought would give me the best castle view. This room was third on my list).

From center of living room:

Looking straight:

Looking hard left:

Looking hard right:

Great view of Wishes fireworks:

Very roomy:

This one's not from the room, but from the walking bridge to the Contemporary:

I'll throw in one more - this one from the parking lot in front of BLT.
1989 .......... Offsite?
2007 Jun .................................................. .................................................. ................. Newport Bay Club
2008 May-Jun .. Shades of Green ................. Wonder 4-night Bahamas Double-dip
2009 Jul ...... Shades of Green ................. Magic 7-night E. Caribbean Tortola
2010 Jun ........................................ Magic 12-night Northern Europe
2010 Dec ...... Saratoga Springs Resort ......... Magic 11-night S. Caribbean Holiday
2011 Jul ........................................ Wonder 7-night Alaska .................... Villas at Grand Californian
2011 Oct ...... Polynesian - AKV Kidani
2012 Jun ...... Bay Lake Tower .................. Fantasy 7-night W. Caribbean
2013 Mar ...... Beach Club Villas - BLT ......... Dream 4/3-night Bahamas Back-to-Back

Future Plans:
2014 Jun ........................................ Magic 12-night Med. Barcelona-Venice
2015 Jun-Jul .................................... Magic 11-night Norwegian Fjords & Iceland

Last edited by bigAWL; 07-31-2012 at 10:52 PM.
bigAWL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 10:06 AM   #1857
BLTtinkerbell
DIS Veteran

bigAWL: I stayed in 8216 before and loved it! Thanks for sharing your pictures, same wonderful view.
Old 08-01-2012, 10:14 AM   #1858
Doofenshmirtz
Earning My Ears

Emailing MS???

Is emailing MS a better way of requesting a room?? I have never thought of that before...

Could you share what you put in your email??

Thanks!!
Doofenshmirtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 07:50 AM   #1859
bigAWL
DIS Veteran

I've used this strategy a few times so far with good results. People say requesting a particular room number is not wise because if that room is not available, they don't know what your preferences are. I counter that with a LONG list of room numbers, so they know exactly what my preferences are. My logic in preparing this list was to prioritize high floors and the northern-most Theme Park-view rooms on each floor. I used the diagrams on the first post of this thread to find the matching 2BR room numbers. Here's what I sent...

Quote:
Subject: DVC Reservation # XXXXXXXXXXXX

Member Name: XXXXX X. XXXXXXXXX
Club ID: XXXXXXXXX
[Address]
[Phone Number]

Hello, I have this upcoming reservation at Bay Lake Tower:
#XXXXXXXXX

I would like to request one of the specific room numbers listed in prority order below. If none of these particular villas is available, I would prefer the highest floor that is available. Thank you.

1. 8216
2. 8222
3. 8116 <-- this is the one I got
4. 8122
5. 8224
6. 8016
7. 8022
8. 8124
9. 7916
10. 7922
11. 8024
12. 7816
13. 7822
14. 7924
15. 7716
16. 7722
17. 7824
18. 7616
19. 7622
20. 7824

Here's the response I got the same day...

Quote:
Hello,

Thank you for contacting DISNEY VACATION CLUB®.

We appreciate your interest in your upcoming stay and would be happy to
assist you. Our records show a reservation for a 2 Bedroom Villa -
Theme Park View at the BAY LAKE TOWER AT DISNEY'S CONTEMPORARY Resort
under reservation number XXXXXXXXXXXX.

We have confirmed that your requested room numbers and highest floor
request have been noted on your reservation. Please keep in mind that
while the Front Desk will make every effort to accommodate your
requests, they cannot be guaranteed.

Please let us know if we can be of any further assistance.

Sincerely,

Alanna

Member Services | Online Communications
DISNEY VACATION CLUB
1989 .......... Offsite?
2007 Jun .................................................. .................................................. ................. Newport Bay Club
2008 May-Jun .. Shades of Green ................. Wonder 4-night Bahamas Double-dip
2009 Jul ...... Shades of Green ................. Magic 7-night E. Caribbean Tortola
2010 Jun ........................................ Magic 12-night Northern Europe
2010 Dec ...... Saratoga Springs Resort ......... Magic 11-night S. Caribbean Holiday
2011 Jul ........................................ Wonder 7-night Alaska .................... Villas at Grand Californian
2011 Oct ...... Polynesian - AKV Kidani
2012 Jun ...... Bay Lake Tower .................. Fantasy 7-night W. Caribbean
2013 Mar ...... Beach Club Villas - BLT ......... Dream 4/3-night Bahamas Back-to-Back

Future Plans:
2014 Jun ........................................ Magic 12-night Med. Barcelona-Venice
2015 Jun-Jul .................................... Magic 11-night Norwegian Fjords & Iceland
bigAWL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 08:21 AM   #1860
Doofenshmirtz
Earning My Ears

Thanks!!

Thats Awesome!!

Did you jsut send it to the general MS email address??
Doofenshmirtz is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: