DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-08-2011, 11:59 AM   #1501
work2play
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam_gordon View Post
We checked into 8210 (LV, 1BR) last night. We are renting points. Let me just say, after seeing this room, I don't know why we won't rent points on all future stays. For our family of 5, there is PLENTY of room! And the view! All I can say is WOW! I'm uploading pictures now and I'll post them.
Thanks for the view photos! It has been awhile since we have gotten any new ones! I added the link on the first post.

Can't wait to get back to BLT in September!

We love BLT and BWV!

work2play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 12:34 PM   #1502
jwieber
Dallas2Disney

We had the exact same room 3 weeks ago. It was great. The firework view was awesome and yes, even though the front desk didn't know how to get the music, we found it on the Disney channel for the hotel and parks information.
To your point about the bathroom locks, all the sliding doors had a small latch in the wall that you could push, once the door was all the way closed. You could have missed it if you didn't push the door all the way closed.
Register to remove

Old 06-08-2011, 01:49 PM   #1503
joeytdog
Mouseketeer

we had 7712 last week. AWESOME view. requested north tower and even numbered room.

pics wouldnt do it justice.

Just absolutely LOVED it!
joeytdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 11:23 AM   #1504
sam_gordon
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohj80 View Post
When the doors were closed, there is a small, rectangular piece that you can punch in one end and the opposite end pops out the keep the door from being opened.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwieber View Post
To your point about the bathroom locks, all the sliding doors had a small latch in the wall that you could push, once the door was all the way closed. You could have missed it if you didn't push the door all the way closed.
Thanks. Found the "locks" later in the day. Kind of a cool way to lock the door.
Bay Lake Towers, WDW June 1 - June 6, 2011
Polynesian, WDW Dec. 29, 2008 - Jan. 3, 2009
Wilderness Lodge, WDW, June 2005
Polynesian, WDW Sept. 7 - Sept. 14, 2001
Caribbean Beach, June 1993
sam_gordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 10:02 AM   #1505
KSDisneyDad
DIS Veteran

We returned from our first long DVC stay at our home resort of Bay Lake Tower. We purchased our points in March 2010 on a cruise and had only stayed a couple of nights before our Anniversary celebration cruise last September in a studio at the Boardwalk.

There were 7 of us and we chose a dedicated standard view 2 bedroom.

We had simply requested anything other than the first floor. We were located in Room 7217.

We had lots of trees in front of our balcony, so our view was limited but it was still gorgeous. We commented that we’d rather see palm trees and water than a sea of parking lot lights. I didn’t see any view pictures on the first post, so I have posted some pictures of our view from the Master Bedroom and the second bedroom.

We absolutely loved our stay at BLT. The location can’t be beat. The room was in great condition and the room was surprisingly large & having 3 bathrooms made getting ready a breeze. We never felt cramped even with 4 adults and 2 teens and a 9 year old. My older two boys slept in the living room in the pull out sofa/chair. Our previous stay onsite was the All-Star Music Family Suite and the boys found the pull-outs uncomfortable and noisy. We were nervous about how they would be at BLT. My oldest is 6’1” and over 200 lbs and my middle son is 5’10” and about 165 lbs. They both found the beds to be very comfortable! It was hard waking them up every morning.

Just two complaints. First, the sliding door to the master bathroom stuck a little bit. Not really that big of an issue. Second, we could not get AT&T service inside the room. You had to stand by the window or go out on the balcony to get service. We had no other issues with AT&T throughout WDW except in our room.

We did not use Disney transportation except to MK & Epcot. We walked to MK, but would take the monorail back at night. We took the monorail to Epcot one day, but drove the second time. We have never been fans of Disney transportation, so having our own car worked out great. Plus, the parking at BLT was easy and close. I think it was closer than about any Disney resort we’ve ever stayed (except perhaps one stay at POR where our room was right above the parking lot).

We cannot imagine staying anywhere else after our truly wonderful stay at BLT. Location. Location. Location!
WDW - BCV (Jun '12) BLT (Jun '11); Boardwalk (Sep '10); Poly (Aug '07), CR (Nov '06), AKL (Nov '04, Sept '06), Swan (Dec '05), POR (Dec '98, Mar '10), POFQ (Mar '05), CSR (Nov '02), CBR (Jun '03), Sports (Dec99, Oct '01, Dec '02), Music (Aug '09), Movies (Dec '00, Aug '07), Pop (Jun '04 Jun '05)
DLR - August 2008 and January 2013 at DLH
DCL Gold CC Member: Magic Western (Sep-05, Sep-06); Magic Panama Canal Repo (Aug-08); Wonder 4-night (Mar-10 and Sept-10) Fantasy Eastern (Jun-12)

Next Trip: 6/15/2013 - 7-Night Eastern Caribbean Fantasy and BLT!
KSDisneyDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 10:35 AM   #1506
work2play
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSDisneyDad View Post
We returned from our first long DVC stay at our home resort of Bay Lake Tower. We purchased our points in March 2010 on a cruise and had only stayed a couple of nights before our Anniversary celebration cruise last September in a studio at the Boardwalk.

There were 7 of us and we chose a dedicated standard view 2 bedroom.

We had simply requested anything other than the first floor. We were located in Room 7217.

We had lots of trees in front of our balcony, so our view was limited but it was still gorgeous. We commented that we’d rather see palm trees and water than a sea of parking lot lights. I didn’t see any view pictures on the first post, so I have posted some pictures of our view from the Master Bedroom and the second bedroom.

We cannot imagine staying anywhere else after our truly wonderful stay at BLT. Location. Location. Location!
Thanks for the great photos! I updated the first post.

We love BLT too! Can't wait to get back in September...

We love BLT and BWV!

Old 06-14-2011, 10:58 AM   #1507
KSDisneyDad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by work2play View Post
Thanks for the great photos! I updated the first post.

We love BLT too! Can't wait to get back in September...
Thanks again for this great thread!
WDW - BCV (Jun '12) BLT (Jun '11); Boardwalk (Sep '10); Poly (Aug '07), CR (Nov '06), AKL (Nov '04, Sept '06), Swan (Dec '05), POR (Dec '98, Mar '10), POFQ (Mar '05), CSR (Nov '02), CBR (Jun '03), Sports (Dec99, Oct '01, Dec '02), Music (Aug '09), Movies (Dec '00, Aug '07), Pop (Jun '04 Jun '05)
DLR - August 2008 and January 2013 at DLH
DCL Gold CC Member: Magic Western (Sep-05, Sep-06); Magic Panama Canal Repo (Aug-08); Wonder 4-night (Mar-10 and Sept-10) Fantasy Eastern (Jun-12)

Next Trip: 6/15/2013 - 7-Night Eastern Caribbean Fantasy and BLT!
KSDisneyDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 11:55 AM   #1508
Swimmergirl
DIS Veteran

Just got back last night from a week in a standard view 1 bedroom (room #7142). It was a fabulous room! We were on the outside curve, facing the Contemporary marina. We had a view of the water pagent and boats. I was a little leary of being on the first floor, but this was a great location. I was stuck in the room 2 days with sick little boys (stupid stomach bug, grrrr...), and it was so nice to be able to watch the boats go by. Plus my husband and one son were able to just walk out our porch to go to the pool. One afternoon the BLT pool was closed, and they had a very short walk from the porch to the Contemporary pool. So happy with our choice to buy at BLT!

Aug 1996 - Dixie Landings, Jul 2002 - WL & Disney Wonder (Honeymoon!!), Jul 2003 - CR (1st Anniversary!), May 2005 - Poly, May 2006 - POR/SSR/Poly (Mother's Day Suprise!), Jun 2007 - Disneyland, Apr 2008 - WL & Disney Wonder, Oct 2008 - OKW, Oct 2009 - Offsite, Jul 2010 - POR, Jun 2011 - BLT, Dec 2011 - OKW, Aug 2012 - OKW & Disney Dream, Jun 2013 - BLT, Aug 2014 - AKV & Disney Fantasy
Swimmergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 01:43 PM   #1509
LJD2143
DIS Veteran & DVC Member

Thanks for the GREAT reviews KSDisneyDad and Swimmergirl!!
All along, I've been thinking that I would only be happy with a room on one of the highest floors at BLT. But the 2 of you have just proved to me that ANY of the rooms, on ANY of the floors, can be just as wonderful!
THANKS again!
2000 Wilderness Lodge 2006 Polynesian 2007 Polynesian 2008 Polynesian/Disney Wonder 2009 Grand Floridian SugarLoaf
2010 Wilderness Lodge 2011 Bay Lake Tower 2012 Boardwalk Villas 2012 Beach Club Villas 2013 Boardwalk Villas 2014 Aulani 2014 Animal Kingdom Villas
LJD2143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 01:49 PM   #1510
TagsMissy
Counting down the days... It's not always easy being the wife of a soldier.

I'll put up some photos from our last visit to BLT by I hope this weekend... we were in Standard Studio 7218 and the view was once again awesome knowing it was standard.... the only thing is I kept on going to our old room 7216 How I missed the 2BR
79-95 Numerous Disneyland Trips/98 POFQ /08 POR/09 POR, SSR/AKV Kidani & BLT/11 BWV & BLT/12 Aulani & Disneyland Club 33/13 DL Club 33/Wonder & BLT/BWV/14 AKV Jambo/VWL & DL Friend's Wedding Celebration & perhaps some 33 lovin' /15 DCL Fantasy Eastern Caribbean & BLT/GFV

TagsMissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 10:18 PM   #1511
lklasing
When being chased by a bear, you don't have to outrun the bear. You just have to outrun the other guy.

Room 7842

So glad to finally be able to contribute to this thread that helped me understand BLT before our Memorial Day trip! We were in 7842, one-bedroom lake view, which was EXACTLY the view I had been hoping for! Overlooked the marina, had a great view from the balcony of the EWP, could wave at our friends on their lakeview balcony at the CR, etc. It was perfect.

WDW Trips: Several as a child with parents and grandparents; June 2003-FW; May 2005-Poly GVC; May 2007-Poly GVC (trip report); May 2008-Fun at FW cabins (trip report); November 2008-Fun at the Fort-Thanksgiving Style (trip report); September 2009-Back to the Fort-Labor Day (trip report); March 2010-Spring Break-lots of pics and FPs (trip report); May 2011-BLT; March 2012 - FW Cabins; August 2012 - DCL Dream!
lklasing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 08:09 AM   #1512
work2play
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lklasing View Post
So glad to finally be able to contribute to this thread that helped me understand BLT before our Memorial Day trip! We were in 7842, one-bedroom lake view, which was EXACTLY the view I had been hoping for! Overlooked the marina, had a great view from the balcony of the EWP, could wave at our friends on their lakeview balcony at the CR, etc. It was perfect.
Thanks for the photos! Post #1 has been updated with a link to your post.

We love BLT and BWV!

Old 06-29-2011, 07:30 AM   #1513
flipflopmom
DIS Veteran

Okay, so while I love these pictures, I have to admit that I am getting a small anxiety attack reading through the posts of "upgrades," room destruction, etc. etc. We will be checking in Saturday for a week in a LV studio. I have literally checked EVERY lv studio picture on the first page, and think we would be happy with most anything, I see advantages and disadvantages to each. This will be our second trip home, last year we had a MK view studio for 6 nights and a LV studio for 1 night and we really hated the view, even though it was north facing, because it was a lower floor.

For us, highest floor is #1, and then either North facing, or maybe center pool view - although that seems like people would be looking at you. I am just in a quandry. I will definitely take this map with me, but I know it's all a gamble, I booked a Lv studio, which could mean a WIDE range of views, and since it's 4th week, my choices will probably be limited. Nor do I think I am more important than anyone else, so someone has to get the worse views. But hey, we'll be in WDW, right?

Couple of questions:

1. It seems like the rooms ending in 9 and 37 would not be very private, basically staring at other people. Anyone with experience in these in how it really felt? Not many pictures of these 2....

2. Hoping to get there around 7 or 8am. Last year, when we arrived early, they wouldn't tell us which room we had been assigned, even though it wasn't ready. But it looks like some people have had some luck finding out room numbers before they are ready. Any advice on how to get this info?
flipflopmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 10:18 AM   #1514
poohj80
Got Hunny?

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipflopmom View Post
2. Hoping to get there around 7 or 8am. Last year, when we arrived early, they wouldn't tell us which room we had been assigned, even though it wasn't ready. But it looks like some people have had some luck finding out room numbers before they are ready. Any advice on how to get this info?
I was just able to figure it out. For example, they will tell you what floor you are on but not the room number. I then asked if the CM could tell me if our room request was met (north facing). When the response was yes and knowing we had a dedicated 2 BR, I knew our room ended in 02.

FINALLY found Snow White after she was MIA dealing with a strike at the mine all week
poohj80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 11:18 AM   #1515
vaughan100
Crazy About The Mouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipflopmom View Post
1. It seems like the rooms ending in 9 and 37 would not be very private, basically staring at other people. Anyone with experience in these in how it really felt? Not many pictures of these 2....
?
We were in a 2 bdrm LV in rm #7405 we were the last 2 bedroom on the inside of the crescent closest to the pool. ( I don't know if that's N or s???, the side closest to MK) You could see other people out along their balconies and stuff but I never felt like they were looking at me. We always sat with our chairs angled towards the lake and looked out at the lake, we had a great view. I loved it. Here's a view of just the lake and a view looking straight towards the other side of the building. No one sat there looking straight across at the other side of the building they all angled their chairs to see the lake. Don't worry, you'll have a great view and a great time!

Been a Disney fan since my first stroller ride down main street in 1971. Finally joined DVC in 2009!

vaughan100 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: