Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Adults and Solo Travelers
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-13-2009, 07:27 PM   #1
Orlando_Jim
Solo in Orlando - Photographer in training.

New user, thought I would say Hi.

Hi,

My name is Jim and I live in the Orland area. I have been a life long disney fan and I have been thinking of ways to fufill my new hobby (photography) with my old passion... Being single, that lead me here, as I am one of those people who is just now getting to the point where I will go do things by myself and be comfortable with it. Now if the weather would just cool down a bit, I might get on the bus and go down to Disney with my new DSLR (Olympus E-520).

I am looking for to chatting with you all about the pluses and minuses of being a single in a world full of groups.

Jim
Old 08-13-2009, 08:29 PM   #2
Donald is #1
DIS Veteran

Thanks Kimmar
Go Red Sox & Patriots!
Donald is #1 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-13-2009, 09:38 PM   #3
TinkTink78
DIS Veteran

Hi!!!!
Daisy

Trips to Disney
'83 Off site**12/96 Sheraton Vistana**5/00 MAGIC Disney Cruise/CBR**10/01 All Star Sports**5/04 Pre Wedding Trip Off Site**11/04 PoP/AKL**12/04 MVMCP-PoP**11/05 Disney Wonder/POR**4/08 Hilton DTD**7/08 Off site Villa trip**5/09 1st solo trip - Orlando World Center Marriott**9/09 POR**1/10 PoP**09/10 PoP**01/12 CBR, upgraded to BWI**3/12 POP**5/12 First 5K Expedition Everest Challenge All Star Sports**6/12 PoP**9/12 All Star Sports**10/12 All Star Music**2/13 PoP**5/13 PoP**10/13 All Star Movies**

Dis'ers are allowed to change their resorts
TinkTink78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 09:45 PM   #4
CastleCreations
Would take a cruise just to see Brent...
I will have to buy that tag fairy a mini sewing machine and teach her a thing or two...
Had some trouble turning under the perfect bun

Hi, I live near Orlando too. Welcome to the neighborhood! Will you be a MK on Saturday...I need my picture taken...LOL.
Lisa
CastleCreations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 02:06 AM   #5
TestTrackBoy
Cast Member

Hi Jim!
I live in Orlando too and work at Disney World! I am also a freelance photographer. Any chance I get I love to go the the parks and shoot photos with my D3. Let me know if you need a "shooting buddy" sometime.
TestTrackBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 10:18 PM   #6
CinRell
DIS Veteran

Hi, Jim!
Funny you bring up that topic.. I have been having so many thoughts lately about the positives and negatives of being single.

I was always a relationship to relationship gal and by choice, have been single since May 2008. I decided I needed a break and needed to get to know ME. not me and "insert current boyfriend's name here".

It took me a while to be comfy being JUST me but now I'm almost too comfy LOL! I wonder how difficult it would be to be in a relationship again. I love my "me" time and not having to answer to anybody and not having to be sure I have enough time to spend time with someone I care about.

But of course there are things in relationships I love and miss. Having someone I can open up to 100%. Someone who will listen to me and actually care. Someone who will open up to me too... someone who will see that stupid movie with me even though he doesn't want to and vice versa.... cuddling... etc etc etc.

Tags
photography, winter park

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: