DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Member Services
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-13-2009, 05:16 PM   #1
maggiecat
Earning My Ears

Where to REquest BLT Bay View for Peace/Quiet/Nice View

traveling solo in march (spring break)...want peaceful/quiet view of the water...suggestions as to building/floor/etc. haven't been done since blt built.

thanks.
maggiecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 07:51 PM   #2
Cmbar
DIS Veteran

maggicat I think it is going to take some time to start hearing what areas of the building have good views and such. We are going in November and I would love to know this information too. I think by the time Spring comes we will have a better handle on the building. Can't wait to go! The resort looks amazing.
VBR and VGF August,2014, AKV Jambo Dec 2013, Wonder-Alaska Jul 13, Fantasy Jun-12, BCV Jan-11, Dream! Apr 3,2011, Western Magic DCL-Oct 30-2010,POP/BCV -June 10 SSR-Jan 10, BLT-Nov 09, POP June 09, All Star Sports Mar 09, Western Magic - Nov 08 SSR/Marriott Cypress Harbour Jul-08, GF-Nov 07, WL-Nov 06, CBR -Feb 06 POFQ/BWV -Feb 05, POP-Mar 04, DoubleTree DTD, Mar 03, POR-Mar 01 Dixie Landings (POR) HONEYMOON -Oct 1992

Cmbar is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-13-2009, 07:53 PM   #3
CarolAnnC
Caught Smuggling Jello Shot Syringes From PI
Likes to shoot off her glock in chat
Goin' to the Chapel

Did you make your reservation yet? Bay Lake view is a booking category at BLT, not a request. So you will book either that one, a Magic Kingdom view or a Standard view.

There is only one building at BLT. It is attached via a walkway to the Contemporary Resort. I don't know what type of request you might make, other than perhaps a higher floor. We should be hearing more feedback here on the boards as time goes on and more people report back on their stays..
Old 08-14-2009, 08:33 AM   #4
maggiecat
Earning My Ears

i have booked a one bedroom bay lake view. thanks.
maggiecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 09:32 AM   #5
mzzbuzzlightyear

Mouseketeer

We just got back from BLT 1 bedroom Bay View. We were there for opening day. Wow! Just gorgeous. It exceeded my expectations!

I think that I would prefer Bay Lake view over MK view because we got the morning sun. I wonder if the MK view is too hot in the afternoon sun.Our room was on the 14th floor overlooking the pool and the lake. I couldn't decide which rooms would be the standard views because it seemed that all of the views would be nice.

About 8-10 huge hawk-like birds were enjoying the afternoon on the high balconies on either side of the "C"! LOL. but they didn't bother anyone.

I would certainly request the same area again next year!

June
Old 08-14-2009, 10:18 AM   #6
dizfan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzzbuzzlightyear View Post
We just got back from BLT 1 bedroom Bay View. We were there for opening day. Wow! Just gorgeous. It exceeded my expectations!

I think that I would prefer Bay Lake view over MK view because we got the morning sun. I wonder if the MK view is too hot in the afternoon sun.Our room was on the 14th floor overlooking the pool and the lake. I couldn't decide which rooms would be the standard views because it seemed that all of the views would be nice.

About 8-10 huge hawk-like birds were enjoying the afternoon on the high balconies on either side of the "C"! LOL. but they didn't bother anyone.

I would certainly request the same area again next year!

June
Someone who had a MK view last week, said closing the blinds during the day is very important to keep the room cooler. Otherwise the sun does warm up the room.

OP...
For quieter rooms, it seems like the higher one goes, the quieter they will be. Definitely avoid the 5th floor near the sky bridge. Since many people enter/exit there it will be noisier. Also, elevators by the sky bridge are very busy, so people suggest if your room is on the north, to walk across the 5th floor front to get to the Northern bank of elevators. This will likely mean the 5th floor across this portion is noisier than most.

Lake view on the northern side (away from Contemporary) offers a view of both Lake and MK.
Lake View on the southern side (near Contemporary) offers view of Lake, Marina, and Contemporary pool.
The inner portion of BLT will have views of the Lake and the BLT pool.
dizfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 03:32 PM   #7
mrsswat
Irishtinksmama

we just returned from a LV studio. We were on the 11th floor, facing the marina and the location was heavenly!! DH and I stayed out on that darn balcony every morning and every night past midnight because it was just the great!! We could see the marina, the Contemporary, and the Contemporary pools, but the noise was minimal, I guess because we were up so high. I did figure out that the "even" numbered rooms are on the outside of the C, and the "odd" numbered rooms are on the inside - which face the DVC pool area. I don't know if that would be all that quiet.
mrsswat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 05:25 PM   #8
rkrose1
Mouseketeer

light parade from 7844

11/11 BLT 11 days * 01/11 AKV 3 days * 11/10 BLT 9 days * 12/09 9 days CBR * 12/07 12 days CSR * 2001 ASM & multiple Hotel Plaza Dr. * 2000 multiple Hotel Plaza Dr. * 1999 multiple Hotel Plaza Dr. * 1998 multiple Hotel Plaza Dr. * 1997 multiple Hotel Plaza Dr. * 1996 multiple Hotel Plaza Dr. * 1995 Hotel Plaza Dr. * 9/89 2 wks off property * 11/83 1 wk off property * opening-1976 twice annually
rkrose1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: