Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-16-2009, 06:50 AM   #46
onelilspark
DIS Veteran

I think the cheeseburger looked good!

...and darn food reports...I'm running late for Church! Whoopsies!
Old 08-16-2009, 06:51 AM   #47
amandelba
Mouseketeer

So after a quick-ish jaunt through Adventureland, Frontierland and parts west where we ran into this cowpoke

This got us thoroughly in the mood for Whispering Canyon Café. For those of you who are not familiar with WCC, it’s a loud, kind of raucous, cowboy themed joint, known for its silly antics and bottomless milkshakes and skillets. Honestly, this was DW’s choice, as I could have skipped it for this trip.

So we boarded the boat from Magic Kingdom for what proved to be a very pleasant trip to the Wilderness Lodge, the site of WCC. We sat out in the front of the boat, where a very helpful and pleasant CM explained to DDs all of the different lights and sounds that the boats use to navigate and keep from colliding into each other. We even had a bit of an awkward moment, as we passed under the monorail as one was going clockwise and another moved counter-clockwise, Ariel shouted out, “Oh no, the monorails are gonna crash into each other!” The CM, said not usually, that only happens late at night, when we’re closing up. Anyway, on to WCC.

Our ADR was for 8:30, we arrived at 8:23 and we were seated very promptly at 8:30 by Charles, an older gentleman, who called himself “Grampa”, who’s been working at WCC since as long as we’ve been going there. DDs passed the 7 minutes wait time with Lincoln Logs

Our server’s name was Dave, but he called himself the Medicine Man, he was very much in character, but not too obnoxious, and very efficient, making sure we always had what we needed.

DW’s Chocolate Milkshake

My Diet Coke

Cornbread

Here are our appetizers
Western Chips and Dip – steer clear of this one. The chips tasted stale and the queso dip was pretty mediocre. DW and I are big chile con queso fans and this just did not stack up.

Barbeque Pork Spring Rolls – the stand out appy. This was delicious, if not a bit greasy. It’s a pair of spring rolls stuffed with barbeque pulled pork and cheddar, served with a barbeque-mayonnaise dipping sauce. mmmmm

Kid’s Salad

Spinach and Pear Salad (hold the Bleu Cheese)

Here’s the salad that comes with the Skillet

On to the main courses.
Being at WCC, I had to sample the skillet.

Some of you may notice the absence of chicken and coleslaw. DW pointed this out and the Medicine Man delivered the goods.

Since we were on DxDDP, I opted not to get any refills on the skillet, though DW and DDs did get milkshake refills.
The standout on the skillet is the chicken, the rest is average bbq fare.

DW’s Chicken Vegetable Penne Pasta

She said the pasta was very good, but the chicken was “yucky”.

Mrs. Potts had the Grilled Rib-Eye Steak. I guess it was camera shy.

Ariel had the chicken skillet and Aurora had the ribs skillet.

DDs had a great time here. Now that they’re 4, they willingly participated in some of the antics like fetching ketchup and horseracing and had a ball.

After dinner, we were completely zonked, especially, Aurora. We took our desserts to go.
Deep-Dish Bourbon Pecan Pie - with Chocolate Sauce
Kahlúa-flavored Chocolate Cake with Chocolate Mousse Filling and Fudge Icing

Apple-Caramel Pie - Fresh Granny Smith Apples, Sugar Cookie Crust, Streusel Topping, and Caramel Drizzle and Kid’s cookies

We picked up our refillable mugs when we got back to the AKV and sampled these deserts, along with some “coffee”.

The deserts were very sweet, but nothing special. If you go to the WCC, go for the silliness and the fun, not necessarily the food. We each gave it 3 stars for a final score of 9/15.
Our bill would have been $175.88 at WCC if not for the DxDDP.
FYI the 5 mugs would have cost $69.18

1988: Offsite at a Best Western 1989: Carribbean Beach 1993: Offsite at a Ramada 1996: Offsite at Comfort Suites 2000: All-Star Sports 2003: Offsite at Sheraton 2005: Pop Century 2006: All-Star Music Family Suites 2007: All-Star Music Family Suites March 2008: Offsite Hilton Grand Vacation Club October 2008: Port Orleans - French Quarter December 2008: SSR August 2009: AKV/BLT October 2009: OKW Jan 2010: Disney Magic - Eastern Caribbean June 2010: AKV Concierge May 2011: HHI Feb 2012: BCV June 2012: HHI August 2012: WLV/THV December 2013: SSR August/September 2014: BWV/VGF
Read my dining report @ For anytime is food time when you set your clock on Pooh time. A LIVE DxDDP Trip Report.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-16-2009, 09:11 AM   #48
butiflfeet
DIS Veteran

Sanaa looks really good! Thanks for sharing your pics!
Old 08-16-2009, 10:16 AM   #49
disneygirlinnj
DIS Veteran

Sanaa looks really good...I'm hoping to try it when I go back in January!
Old 08-16-2009, 10:48 AM   #50
TigerKat
HOPE YOUR DAY IS FILLED WITH JOY AND HAPPINESS !!
Blow some of that cool air down here
Warning! Getting a tag is hazardous to my mouse

Signing on, great start!!!!
Old 08-16-2009, 02:38 PM   #51
MrsSpratt
I've got a Bazooka full of Pixie Dust, and I'm not afraid to use it!

Somehow I missed MickeyNicki's latest, but this will make up for it!

Love it that we're getting a guys perspective- very cool!

Can't wait for more -

Mrs. Spratt

The "Bueller" Family hits the world, with Auntie Spratt reporting Pixie Dust LIVE!http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2215281
Old 08-16-2009, 03:04 PM   #52
jenn-
DIS Veteran

Okay, I have a belly ache already. Great first day of eating. I can't wait to see what you guys have planned for today. Tell DW "HI!"

Old 08-16-2009, 03:21 PM   #53
leeann32
DIS Veteran

Great start Can't wait for more reviews
Old 08-16-2009, 03:23 PM   #54
pumba
DIS PUMBARIZER
I have a smile on my face a mile wide
Let’s just say that Mr. Feeney came out “well done”

DISboards Moderator

great photos and great reviews........thank you for taking the time to do this for all of us..

Old 08-16-2009, 03:27 PM   #55
Pooh&OurHunny
DIS Veteran

Great update....thanks for posting the picture of Goofy...I haven't gotten that picture of Goofy. Where was Goofy located?

Grand Floridian (son 1st Disney Trip) May & October2007
Swan Feb 2008
AKL May 2008
Swan & CSR December 2010
Old 08-16-2009, 03:35 PM   #56
amandelba
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by butiflfeet View Post
Sanaa looks really good! Thanks for sharing your pics!
It was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneygirlinnj View Post
Sanaa looks really good...I'm hoping to try it when I go back in January!
You should definately try it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerKat View Post
Signing on, great start!!!!
Welcome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenn- View Post
Okay, I have a belly ache already. Great first day of eating. I can't wait to see what you guys have planned for today. Tell DW "HI!"
Just did, she says hi back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumba View Post
great photos and great reviews........thank you for taking the time to do this for all of us..
No problem.

1988: Offsite at a Best Western 1989: Carribbean Beach 1993: Offsite at a Ramada 1996: Offsite at Comfort Suites 2000: All-Star Sports 2003: Offsite at Sheraton 2005: Pop Century 2006: All-Star Music Family Suites 2007: All-Star Music Family Suites March 2008: Offsite Hilton Grand Vacation Club October 2008: Port Orleans - French Quarter December 2008: SSR August 2009: AKV/BLT October 2009: OKW Jan 2010: Disney Magic - Eastern Caribbean June 2010: AKV Concierge May 2011: HHI Feb 2012: BCV June 2012: HHI August 2012: WLV/THV December 2013: SSR August/September 2014: BWV/VGF
Read my dining report @ For anytime is food time when you set your clock on Pooh time. A LIVE DxDDP Trip Report.
Old 08-16-2009, 04:11 PM   #57
amandelba
Mouseketeer

Boma breakfast - the good, the bad and the meh.

Okay, bright and early for our ADR at Boma, then off to AK. We walked over to Jambo House this morning, we are staying in the wing that's closer to Jambo than the Kidani lobby, so we walked to the end of the hall and down the stairs to a non-descript exit. Through the door wee burst into a sort of twilight zone that was full of CMs smoking cigarettes and there were no guests. It apparently empties into a large service area. The door did not say emergency only or authorized personnel only. We quickly got our bearings and walked to Jambo House and arrived at Boma at 7:50 for our 7:45 ADR, the made us wait 5 minutes and seated us in the nearly empty Boma. Our server was Laura from Lakeland, FL. She was fine, cleared dishes, brought drinks, just what you'd need at Boma.

Here are some pics of the buffet.

In my opinion, Boma is the best breakfast at WDW - foodwise, hand's down. I thought they had something for everyone, but apparently I was wrong.
I am an adventurous eater, I love to try new things and I don't mind a bit of spice in the morning. Maybe that's the profile of a Boma-lover. IMHO, the standouts were the goat cheese scrambled eggs, the bobotie and the buscuits with curried sausage gravy. They also had an omlette station which is always a plus. I gave it 5 stars.

DW on the other hand, gave it three stars and thought the food was meh and coffee was was horrible. (I thought the first pot was okay, but I agree with her on the 2nd). Maybe she's a convert to nescafe.

Mrs. Potts thought it was only okay as well and gave it 3.5 stars. Se also hated the coffee.

Thus, it is with a heavy heart that I must announce that Boma breakfast only received 11.5/15 stars.

Here are some of the plates:
Quinoa

My Plate

Ariel's favorite food - cereal

Some pastries

Mrs. Potts omlette

And the winner - the buscuit with curried sausage gravy.

This meal would have cost us $75.75.

Looking forward to Jiko for dinner tonight.

Old 08-16-2009, 04:14 PM   #58
milmore104
My DH is "Dusty Boots"

Great pictures. Sanaa looks so nice inside. I can't wait to see it in person. Hope your having a great trip. Looking forward to more pics.

Old 08-16-2009, 04:19 PM   #59
lakelandcallsme
Earning My Ears

wonderful reviews!! your girls are so cute they look like little fairies.
Old 08-16-2009, 04:26 PM   #60
ljcrochet
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pooh&OurHunny View Post
Great update....thanks for posting the picture of Goofy...I haven't gotten that picture of Goofy. Where was Goofy located?
Goofy was next to Splash Mountain.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakelandcallsme View Post
wonderful reviews!! your girls are so cute they look like little fairies.
Thank you!
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: