Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-21-2009, 08:27 PM   #136
nicolemomof4cuties
DIS Veteran

OMG, those homemade chips are making me SO hungry!!!! Your girls hit the Princess jackpot at the castle!! I am happy that a not so groovy waitress didn't sour your day!
POR November 2004
POR November 2005
POR November 2006
ASMU September 2009
Old 08-21-2009, 10:38 PM   #137
amandelba
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motherofboys View Post
Really enjoyed your reviews and the great pictures

When you ordered the pressed pot of coffee at Narcoosee's did it come with a small plate of macaroons?
Thanks. We did not get any macaroons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scojos View Post
that smores fudge stuff looks good, where did you get that from?
It was good. DW grabbed it at the big candy shop on Main Street

Quote:
Originally Posted by donaldtutter View Post
Narcoossee's looks awesome!!!!
It was

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pooh&OurHunny View Post
Thanks for great updates, I'm still back and forth if we should try Tutto Italia (so many good reviews) but I grew up in Long Island so I do understand about great Italian places and when I was dating (now my husband and I used to drive into NYC for dates). I love Narcoosee's its one of my favorite restaurant (one trip I ate there 2x and had it room service once...love that Maine Lobster and Crab cakes). I'm sad I can't fit it in our December trip (so many new ones to try). I can't believe they only have 3 characters at Cape May, when we went there last Feb 08 they had Minnie, Goofy, Chip and Dale but when I look at your photos...it seems like they have fewer selection of food (we went there too b/c its a character meal we haven't been). My husband tells me...you really don't go for the food at his character meals...you just want to check it off your list (its not really true b/c we would not go to Ohana character meal b/c my son is not into Stitch and the food selection doesn't appeal to us. And Akershus b/c we went to CRT and I have a son so no need to go to Akershus. I need to go to Garden Grill (but then the food selection does not appeal to me...but might go anyway to check it off and my son likes the character selection) Thanks for sharing.
You're welcome. BTW - I love the 'Ohana breakfast. Especially the one we had today (foreshadowing).

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolemomof4cuties View Post
OMG, those homemade chips are making me SO hungry!!!! Your girls hit the Princess jackpot at the castle!! I am happy that a not so groovy waitress didn't sour your day!
Thanks.

1988: Offsite at a Best Western 1989: Carribbean Beach 1993: Offsite at a Ramada 1996: Offsite at Comfort Suites 2000: All-Star Sports 2003: Offsite at Sheraton 2005: Pop Century 2006: All-Star Music Family Suites 2007: All-Star Music Family Suites March 2008: Offsite Hilton Grand Vacation Club October 2008: Port Orleans - French Quarter December 2008: SSR August 2009: AKV/BLT October 2009: OKW Jan 2010: Disney Magic - Eastern Caribbean June 2010: AKV Concierge May 2011: HHI Feb 2012: BCV June 2012: HHI August 2012: WLV/THV December 2013: SSR August/September 2014: BWV/VGF
Read my dining report @ For anytime is food time when you set your clock on Pooh time. A LIVE DxDDP Trip Report.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-22-2009, 08:42 PM   #138
mousescrapper
DIS Veteran

Question CRT questions...

so clarify...

this is an all yo can eat, but not a buffet or family style?

they take individual orders and then you are supposed to be offered more?

do you know does this work the same way for lunch too?

planning and hoping to eat at CRT for my youngest DD's b-day next year (she'll be turning 4) and I want to do BBB pre-park opening then blast thru some Fantasyland rides then request the first seating time for lunch...

just wondering

TIA

though those bfast goodies looked to yummy!

and must try that Smores Fudge
Old 08-22-2009, 11:10 PM   #139
amandelba
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousescrapper View Post
so clarify...

this is an all yo can eat, but not a buffet or family style?
Yep. Preplated on individual plates, not family style.

Quote:
they take individual orders and then you are supposed to be offered more?
Not so much individual orders. There are 2 choices for adults the hot or cold. The kids don't get any choices. Then they are supposed to give you more of any or all of the stuff you had.

Quote:
do you know does this work the same way for lunch too?
No. The lunch is more like a traditional restaurant menu, where you order an individual item and do not get refills.

1988: Offsite at a Best Western 1989: Carribbean Beach 1993: Offsite at a Ramada 1996: Offsite at Comfort Suites 2000: All-Star Sports 2003: Offsite at Sheraton 2005: Pop Century 2006: All-Star Music Family Suites 2007: All-Star Music Family Suites March 2008: Offsite Hilton Grand Vacation Club October 2008: Port Orleans - French Quarter December 2008: SSR August 2009: AKV/BLT October 2009: OKW Jan 2010: Disney Magic - Eastern Caribbean June 2010: AKV Concierge May 2011: HHI Feb 2012: BCV June 2012: HHI August 2012: WLV/THV December 2013: SSR August/September 2014: BWV/VGF
Read my dining report @ For anytime is food time when you set your clock on Pooh time. A LIVE DxDDP Trip Report.
Old 08-22-2009, 11:29 PM   #140
amandelba
Mouseketeer

Can Le Cellier live up to all the Hype?

We had a 6:50 ADR, I ran ahead of the group and checked in at 6:44. I was told that they were running about 15 minutes behind the ADR schedule. I figured we’d wait. I got a chance to speak with some interesting characters outside of Le Cellier while we were waiting to be seated. We were seated at 7:18. Our waiter was Mo from Morocco and he was terrible. Unfortunately, there is a trend developing between Mo and Marina from CRT and we are getting the short end of the service.

Sour Apple Slush – Ariel’s drink

Breadsticks – but where is the pretzel bread?

So we requested some more.

Carrots and celery

Spicy Chicken and Chipotle Sausage – this was a bit spicy, but had good flavor

Mixed Field Greens without the crumbled blue cheese – Mrs. Potts seemed to enjoy this

Cheddar Cheese Soup – okay I am missing the thrill of this soup. It was sort like eating fondue with a spoon. Don’t get me wrong, I like fondue, but I don’t usually order mine straight up
Grown up version

Kid’s version

Le Cellier Mushroom Filet Mignon with wild mushroom risotto – this is where Le Cellier really delivers. The Filet was awesome and the risotto was good too. Here’s where LC lives up to the hype.

Coffee-rubbed Kansas City Strip Steak – again, LC hits a home run. The steaks here are very good indeed.

Roasted All Natural Chicken Breast

Kid’s Meal

Desserts
Kid’s sundae

Chocolate “Moose” – the best of the dessert offerings

S’mores – I didn’t care for this one, but DW liked it.

The bottom line. This is an extremely over-hyped restaurant on DIS. I guess there are a lot of reasons why restaurants become popular and ADRs hard to come by. If you are looking for a very good steak for dinner and want to spend only one TS credit, I can see why you’d like Le Cellier and why you’d be willing to over look poor service and mediocre appetizers and desserts. Frankly, this formula has been working for Peter Luger’s for years not that I’m comparing LC to Luger’s (LC’s steaks are not that good). But Luger’s invented gruff service, and have a lot of over-priced and under performing appetizers and desserts and people line up for tables.

Based on the food alone, I gave Le Cellier 4 stars.
DW and Mrs. Potts each gave Le Cellier 3 stars.
Total score 10/15

Price without DxDDP $178.15

Old 08-22-2009, 11:40 PM   #141
ljcrochet
DIS Veteran

Quote:
planning and hoping to eat at CRT for my youngest DD's b-day next year (she'll be turning 4) and I want to do BBB pre-park opening then blast thru some Fantasyland rides then request the first seating time for lunch...

just wondering

and must try that Smores Fudge
I would do BBB in before park opening then go for a late breakfast. The other two times we ate in the castle, I was full all day from the meal. Both times were later in the breakfast not right at park opening.
One of my girls did BBB and loved it. Check the disney store after Halloween for the costumes on sale. I have to post the BBB pictures.
Old 08-23-2009, 01:04 PM   #142
irongirlof12
Am I the only one who loves Quorn Sausages?
I would love to be at Ghiradelli's ice cream parlour with a massive choc sundae

fab reviews, i can't wait for Narcoossee's now
Old 08-23-2009, 01:44 PM   #143
medicgirl911
Free dining here we come!!

Sorry to hear you had such poor service at LeCellier and at the Castle. We did the Castle breakfast, won't do it again. Was one of those for the memories for DD. but totally not worth it food wise/service wise in my opinion! Our Le Celleir experience was wonderful though, and can't wait to return!
Have I mentioned how darling your girls are?!?!? precious!
Oct 2007 @ CSR
August 26, 2009..scored a free ugrade to SSR!! Hopefully it will entice DH into buying DVC!!

[img]http://www.********************/timers/tickers/v2vuewyfc1oa13om.png[/img]
Old 08-23-2009, 02:01 PM   #144
danalee
You wouldnt understand, its a New Kids thing!

Just found your reviews....love them!!

and those two little ones are cuties!!
1998 Sept ~POFQ (honeymoon)
2005 Aug ~All Star Movie Son's first trip! B-day Surprise!
2006 Sept ~PoP w/ free dining (& 8th wedding anniversery)
2008 Aug ~All Star Sports Son's B-Day
2010 Sept ~POFQ Friends, Family & Anniversary Trip!
2012 Sept ~POFQ w/ BFF & Family~
Old 08-23-2009, 03:51 PM   #145
mousescrapper
DIS Veteran

thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandelba View Post
Yep. Preplated on individual plates, not family style.

Not so much individual orders. There are 2 choices for adults the hot or cold. The kids don't get any choices. Then they are supposed to give you more of any or all of the stuff you had.

No. The lunch is more like a traditional restaurant menu, where you order an individual item and do not get refills.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ljcrochet View Post
I would do BBB in before park opening then go for a late breakfast. The other two times we ate in the castle, I was full all day from the meal. Both times were later in the breakfast not right at park opening.
One of my girls did BBB and loved it. Check the disney store after Halloween for the costumes on sale. I have to post the BBB pictures.
thanks for all the info...gives me something to think about and what would be easier for the kids! plus I guess I can have my first choice of times and then 2nd when I go to book that ADR next spring!

have to look over those menus again.

I have costumes already I bought DD who will be 4 next yr hers after last Halloween....Snow White, plus I have Cindy. My other DD's have Alice and Belle.

after sales is truly the best way to get "real" Disney dresses

LC does get a ton of hype here...although your is one of many opinions...but seeing that you guys dine TS a lot at Disney I'll take it for something.

I do not like steak but DH does...we'll be goin in May of '11 for a solo parent 15 yr anni trip and want to dine at TS plces we wouldn't w/ the kids...will think more about this LC hype.... :

thanks again
Old 08-23-2009, 05:11 PM   #146
mefordis
Imitation: the sincerest form of flattery

Great reviews! Thanks!

Oct 2013 Boardwalk Villas
Aug 2010 Wilderness Lodge
May 2009 DLR Grand Californian
April 2008 POFQ
Aug 2007 - Condo
May 2007 Yacht Club
Sept 2006 CSR/POR
Old 08-23-2009, 07:36 PM   #147
PiperGirlInWondrland
DIS Veteran

Just read your whole report, loved the reviews! I was wondering where you found the FUZE drinks, my son loves those!

Old 08-23-2009, 08:35 PM   #148
amandelba
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by irongirlof12 View Post
fab reviews, i can't wait for Narcoossee's now
Thanks. You'll enjoy Narcoossee's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by medicgirl911 View Post
Sorry to hear you had such poor service at LeCellier and at the Castle. We did the Castle breakfast, won't do it again. Was one of those for the memories for DD. but totally not worth it food wise/service wise in my opinion! Our Le Celleir experience was wonderful though, and can't wait to return!
Have I mentioned how darling your girls are?!?!? precious!
Thanks. We still had fun at CRT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by danalee View Post
Just found your reviews....love them!!

and those two little ones are cuties!!
Thanks.

Quote:
thanks for all the info...gives me something to think about and what would be easier for the kids! plus I guess I can have my first choice of times and then 2nd when I go to book that ADR next spring!
You're welcome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mefordis View Post
Great reviews! Thanks!
Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiperGirlInWondrland View Post
Just read your whole report, loved the reviews! I was wondering where you found the FUZE drinks, my son loves those!
Thanks. I found it at the snack stand in Mickey's Toontown Fair across from Minnie's House.

Old 08-23-2009, 09:02 PM   #149
catne
DIS Veteran

oh, loved your comparison of the cheese soup to fondue with a spoon...but that's exactly what we do with the cheese soup: we use it as dip for the bread sticks...serious yum!

Never tried actually eating it as a soup, mmmm, what a novel idea

Glad you enjoyed your filet...we love those.

Really, I think the main reason Le Cellier is so hard to get is that it is so small - it's just that one room with what, 30 tables? Well, don't know how many there really are, but it's not very many tables in there at all.
January (twice) & February 2014 SSR December 2013 POFQ October 2013 Off-site, September 2013,POFQ March 2013 AoA Feb 2013 POFQ Feb 2013 POFQ Jan 2013 Caribbean Beach Nov 2012 POFQ Sept 2012 BC May 2012 POFQ Mar 2012 POFQ Feb 2012 POFQ JAN 2012 AKL Oct 2011 Wilderness Lodge Sep 2011 POFQ Feb 2011 Pop Century Jan 2011 Pop CenturyNov 2010 CSR Sept 2010 Boardwalk May 2010 POFQ Jan 2010 BCV 2009 Sept & 2009 May POFQ 2009 Jan Contempo 2008 Sept Pop 2008 May POFQ 2007 May Poly 2000 May FW Cabin 1992 May off site 1990 May off site
Old 08-23-2009, 10:32 PM   #150
TillyMarigold
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by catne View Post
Really, I think the main reason Le Cellier is so hard to get is that it is so small - it's just that one room with what, 30 tables? Well, don't know how many there really are, but it's not very many tables in there at all.
Complete WDW to the rescue! Le Cellier seats 156, the same as Garden Grill and San Ángel Inn. Most Epcot restaurants on the DDP seat between 200-400 though.
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: