Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-15-2009, 07:43 PM   #121
BoosGram
Better than a candygram....I tink, therefore I am.

Quote:
Originally Posted by susieq55 View Post
Thanks for all of the well wishes - you guys are really great! I'm feeling a little better. It's funny - when I get a migraine like this one, I feel terrible for the first while until I can take my meds. Then it seems to settle it down, but the slightest thing can make it flair up again. Being out at camp, it the fresh air can help. But then working around the kitchen and bending alot dragged me down again.

So I just made myself a cup of Earl Grey tea, and I'm going to relax - and hopefully chat with a few of you!
Well, I hope it goes away for good and you can enjoy the rest of the weekend. And there's nothing like a nice cuppa, is there?

Old 08-15-2009, 08:11 PM   #122
dizneyfan23
Nothing makes my day like sitting on the beaches of Serenity Bay

So, it appears that the only info we will receive on our upcoming Members Cruise is the day & time of the group picture.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-15-2009, 08:15 PM   #123
Time4disneynow
DIS Veteran

CONGRATS DIANNE ON

CONGRATS CHRIS ON

I hope everyone had a great Saturday. It was a hot and humid day here...upper 80's. Supposed to be in the 90's for the next several days.
Tomorrow we take our daughter to college. Where did the time go. I remember her first day of Kindergarten like it was yesterday.

Have a great evening and a great Sunday.

Take care......Monika
Monika... [Visiting WDW yearly since 1985...2007&2010 Disney Western...2011-Disney Eastern...SSMC 2008,2009,2010,2011..3/2012-Disney Dream-SSMC Reunion-It's all Garys Fault!! Disney Dream...6/2012 Inaugural NYC-Canada-Disney Magic...12/2012 Eastern Caribbean-Fantasy...05/2013 Disney Wonder Repo cruise LA-Vancouver (West Coast Adventure-It's All Gary's Fault reunion cruise)]

Old 08-15-2009, 08:24 PM   #124
susieq55
Buh, Bye!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoosGram View Post
Well, I hope it goes away for good and you can enjoy the rest of the weekend. And there's nothing like a nice cuppa, is there?
You betcha! Always feels good under my favorite Disney throw with my feet up!!

Old 08-15-2009, 08:30 PM   #125
susieq55
Buh, Bye!

Quote:
I hope everyone had a great Saturday. It was a hot and humid day here...upper 80's. Supposed to be in the 90's for the next several days.
Tomorrow we take our daughter to college. Where did the time go. I remember her first day of Kindergarten like it was yesterday.

Have a great evening and a great Sunday.

Take care......Monika[/FONT]
I remember so well taking my two older sons to their first day at college! I was sooo proud of them. I smiled and hugged and then hugged a little more. And then made it to the first interstate and dissolved into tears!!

Little DS asked if I was alright. DH just said to him, give her a little while, she'll be just fine!

What college is she off to, Monika?

Old 08-15-2009, 08:57 PM   #126
wltdsnyfan

DIS Veteran

Quote:
I remember so well taking my two older sons to their first day at college! I was sooo proud of them. I smiled and hugged and then hugged a little more. And then made it to the first interstate and dissolved into tears!!

Little DS asked if I was alright. DH just said to him, give her a little while, she'll be just fine!

Sue,

That sounds so Familiar. I was the same way I was fine getting him all moved in. I even made it home ok. But when he came home for the first time and it was time for him to go back and I saw him backing out of the drive it was all over. I could not stop. DS just went about what ever he was doing and a little while late came to make sure I was ok.

I do agree with you about being proud of them to.

Take care and here is more for your migrane.

take care
flo
Old 08-15-2009, 10:09 PM   #127
BCVOwner2002
I do math problems in my sleep - including adding, subtracting and dividing!
Uses her Mickey Mouse Ears Alien Green pins to fight off the gray side!

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by wltdsnyfan View Post
Sue,

That sounds so Familiar. I was the same way I was fine getting him all moved in. I even made it home ok. But when he came home for the first time and it was time for him to go back and I saw him backing out of the drive it was all over. I could not stop. DS just went about what ever he was doing and a little while late came to make sure I was ok.

I do agree with you about being proud of them to.

Take care and here is more for your migrane.

take care
flo
Oh my goodness! DS (I only have one( graduated HS in 2004 and went to college in Philadelphia. I thought I would be okay with it. Made sure he had everything he needed. We were heading down in 2 weeks for a hockey tournament. That didn't matter! I was leaving "my baby" in the big city of "Brotherly Love" but that didn't matter either. Giving him a hug and a kiss and told him to let us know if he forgot anything and we would bring it down for him. At that point I couldn't even look at him! My eyes were swelling but I didn't want him to see me cry. We got into the car and I couldn't help cry. Instead, as soon as I sat down in the car I burst into tears. The bad thing about that was I was supposed to be giving the directions and since I was crying to much I gave the DH the wrong diections and unfortunately the exit was 26 miles before we could turn around. Up! 52 miles in the WRONG direction. . .

Any way, now back to 2008 and DS graduates. So are you moving home and then . . . well umm I'm living in Philly. The sad thing is that I lost my little boy but returned as a grown man! I don't even remember when or how it happened; it just did!
Old 08-15-2009, 10:35 PM   #128
Time4disneynow
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Hi Sue,

My daughter will be going to American University in Washington, D.C.
We are soooo proud of her. A new chapter in her life.

Take care....Monika
Monika... [Visiting WDW yearly since 1985...2007&2010 Disney Western...2011-Disney Eastern...SSMC 2008,2009,2010,2011..3/2012-Disney Dream-SSMC Reunion-It's all Garys Fault!! Disney Dream...6/2012 Inaugural NYC-Canada-Disney Magic...12/2012 Eastern Caribbean-Fantasy...05/2013 Disney Wonder Repo cruise LA-Vancouver (West Coast Adventure-It's All Gary's Fault reunion cruise)]

Old 08-15-2009, 10:44 PM   #129
djstweety
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Congrats Chris and Dianne on the pirate and bride. You got the first ones of the new thread!

Just thought of something: I don't know how many of you have seen this, but Purex has a new product that incorporates detergent, softener, and anti-static products in one sheet. This is just perfect for traveling, I think.
I already bought some, some soaps make me itch, so I tried it and it was fine, so yes, it is packed.

Quote:
Thanks for all of the well wishes - you guys are really great! I'm feeling a little better. It's funny - when I get a migraine like this one, I feel terrible for the first while until I can take my meds. Then it seems to settle it down, but the slightest thing can make it flair up again. Being out at camp, it the fresh air can help. But then working around the kitchen and bending alot dragged me down again.

So I just made myself a cup of Earl Grey tea, and I'm going to relax - and hopefully chat with a few of you!

Glad to hear you are feeling better,,,,hope you stay that way.

Sept 20th 2014 on the Magic

It's all Gary's Fault

Dec 8th 2014 on the Dream
Old 08-15-2009, 10:46 PM   #130
susieq55
Buh, Bye!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time4disneynow View Post
Hi Sue,

Take care....Monika
Have a wonderful time and a safe trip, Monika. Take lots of pictures and just keep smiling - the memories will last forever!

Here's wishing a wonderful and successful college experience for your daughter.

Old 08-15-2009, 10:50 PM   #131
susieq55
Buh, Bye!

Quote:
Glad to hear you are feeling better,,,,hope you stay that way.
Thanks, Dianne. Me, too.

Little DS is away visiting his big brother in NC and I really wanted to change his room - other son is now in NC too and little one wanted the bigger room - while he was away as a surprise. But if I keep up with the headache, I won't feel much like starting that project!!

Old 08-16-2009, 06:55 AM   #132
wltdsnyfan

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCVOwner2002 View Post
Oh my goodness! DS (I only have one( graduated HS in 2004 and went to college in Philadelphia. I thought I would be okay with it. Made sure he had everything he needed. We were heading down in 2 weeks for a hockey tournament. That didn't matter! I was leaving "my baby" in the big city of "Brotherly Love" but that didn't matter either. Giving him a hug and a kiss and told him to let us know if he forgot anything and we would bring it down for him. At that point I couldn't even look at him! My eyes were swelling but I didn't want him to see me cry. We got into the car and I couldn't help cry. Instead, as soon as I sat down in the car I burst into tears. The bad thing about that was I was supposed to be giving the directions and since I was crying to much I gave the DH the wrong diections and unfortunately the exit was 26 miles before we could turn around. Up! 52 miles in the WRONG direction. . .

Any way, now back to 2008 and DS graduates. So are you moving home and then . . . well umm I'm living in Philly. The sad thing is that I lost my little boy but returned as a grown man! I don't even remember when or how it happened; it just did!

YOu are so right! He went to school and when he came home even a couple weeks later he started to turn into a grown man. I was happy for him and sad at teh same time.

Are sons graduated high school in the same year. Mine graduated in 2004 to.

Monika - Have a good trip. Good luck DD way to go.

Have a good day.

take care
flo
Old 08-16-2009, 07:16 AM   #133
WDWLVR
DVC @ The Boardwalk
Have veranda will cruise
We cruised under a DVC flag - how cool is that?!?

Good morning Member Cruisers!
We sail in 4 weeks!

Old 08-16-2009, 07:21 AM   #134
WDWLVR
DVC @ The Boardwalk
Have veranda will cruise
We cruised under a DVC flag - how cool is that?!?

Quote:
Congrats Chris and Dianne on the pirate and bride. You got the first ones of the new thread!

Just thought of something: I don't know how many of you have seen this, but Purex has a new product that incorporates detergent, softener, and anti-static products in one sheet. This is just perfect for traveling, I think.
I thought it would be great for the trip too! I've bought it but haven't tried it yet. I should do that today when I do laundry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time4disneynow View Post
Hi Sue,

Take care....Monika
Congrats Monika. Have a safe trip and get her settled in!
Old 08-16-2009, 07:36 AM   #135
wltdsnyfan

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWLVR View Post

Good morning Member Cruisers!
We sail in 4 weeks!

Thank you Mary for that great looking countdown!

4 weeks

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: