Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 08-15-2009, 07:43 PM   #121
BoosGram
Better than a candygram....I tink, therefore I am.
 
BoosGram's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: VA
Posts: 1,793

Quote:
Originally Posted by susieq55 View Post
Thanks for all of the well wishes - you guys are really great! I'm feeling a little better. It's funny - when I get a migraine like this one, I feel terrible for the first while until I can take my meds. Then it seems to settle it down, but the slightest thing can make it flair up again. Being out at camp, it the fresh air can help. But then working around the kitchen and bending alot dragged me down again.

So I just made myself a cup of Earl Grey tea, and I'm going to relax - and hopefully chat with a few of you!
Well, I hope it goes away for good and you can enjoy the rest of the weekend. And there's nothing like a nice cuppa, is there?
__________________
Joanne and Wayne

BoosGram is offline  
Old 08-15-2009, 08:11 PM   #122
dizneyfan23
Nothing makes my day like sitting on the beaches of Serenity Bay
 
dizneyfan23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Not close enough to WDW
Posts: 686

So, it appears that the only info we will receive on our upcoming Members Cruise is the day & time of the group picture.
__________________
DCL: Platinum(16)(Cruiser of the Canal-'08)(Transatlantic cruiser-'10)(MV of Dream)(First Alaska Cruise)w/ 2 booked
Adventure By Disney: Ireland-07 Southwest Splendors-09
Upcoming Races: 2013 WDW Marathon

dizneyfan23 is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 08-15-2009, 08:15 PM   #123
Time4disneynow
DIS Veteran
 
Time4disneynow's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Delaware
Posts: 1,821



CONGRATS DIANNE ON

CONGRATS CHRIS ON






I hope everyone had a great Saturday. It was a hot and humid day here...upper 80's. Supposed to be in the 90's for the next several days.
Tomorrow we take our daughter to college. Where did the time go. I remember her first day of Kindergarten like it was yesterday.

Have a great evening and a great Sunday.

Take care......Monika
__________________
Monika... [Visiting WDW yearly since 1985...2007&2010 Disney Western...2011-Disney Eastern...SSMC 2008,2009,2010,2011..3/2012-Disney Dream-SSMC Reunion-It's all Garys Fault!! Disney Dream...6/2012 Inaugural NYC-Canada-Disney Magic...12/2012 Eastern Caribbean-Fantasy...05/2013 Disney Wonder Repo cruise LA-Vancouver (West Coast Adventure-It's All Gary's Fault reunion cruise)]


Time4disneynow is offline  
Old 08-15-2009, 08:24 PM   #124
susieq55
Buh, Bye!
 
susieq55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: NJ
Posts: 2,929

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoosGram View Post
Well, I hope it goes away for good and you can enjoy the rest of the weekend. And there's nothing like a nice cuppa, is there?
You betcha! Always feels good under my favorite Disney throw with my feet up!!
__________________
Sue - on Deck 9 & 11 with my Friends!

susieq55 is offline  
Old 08-15-2009, 08:30 PM   #125
susieq55
Buh, Bye!
 
susieq55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: NJ
Posts: 2,929

Quote:
I hope everyone had a great Saturday. It was a hot and humid day here...upper 80's. Supposed to be in the 90's for the next several days.
Tomorrow we take our daughter to college. Where did the time go. I remember her first day of Kindergarten like it was yesterday.

Have a great evening and a great Sunday.

Take care......Monika[/FONT]
I remember so well taking my two older sons to their first day at college! I was sooo proud of them. I smiled and hugged and then hugged a little more. And then made it to the first interstate and dissolved into tears!!

Little DS asked if I was alright. DH just said to him, give her a little while, she'll be just fine!

What college is she off to, Monika?
__________________
Sue - on Deck 9 & 11 with my Friends!

susieq55 is offline  
Old 08-15-2009, 08:57 PM   #126
wltdsnyfan



DIS Veteran
 
wltdsnyfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Illinois
Posts: 5,717

Quote:
Originally Posted by susieq55 View Post
I remember so well taking my two older sons to their first day at college! I was sooo proud of them. I smiled and hugged and then hugged a little more. And then made it to the first interstate and dissolved into tears!!

Little DS asked if I was alright. DH just said to him, give her a little while, she'll be just fine!

What college is she off to, Monika?
Sue,

That sounds so Familiar. I was the same way I was fine getting him all moved in. I even made it home ok. But when he came home for the first time and it was time for him to go back and I saw him backing out of the drive it was all over. I could not stop. DS just went about what ever he was doing and a little while late came to make sure I was ok.

I do agree with you about being proud of them to.


Take care and here is more for your migrane.

take care
flo
__________________
wltdsnyfan is offline  
Old 08-15-2009, 10:09 PM   #127
BCVOwner2002
I do math problems in my sleep - including adding, subtracting and dividing!
Uses her Mickey Mouse Ears Alien Green pins to fight off the gray side!
 
BCVOwner2002's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Scituate, MA
Posts: 4,142

Quote:
Originally Posted by susieq55 View Post
I remember so well taking my two older sons to their first day at college! I was sooo proud of them. I smiled and hugged and then hugged a little more. And then made it to the first interstate and dissolved into tears!!

Little DS asked if I was alright. DH just said to him, give her a little while, she'll be just fine!

What college is she off to, Monika?
Quote:
Originally Posted by wltdsnyfan View Post
Sue,

That sounds so Familiar. I was the same way I was fine getting him all moved in. I even made it home ok. But when he came home for the first time and it was time for him to go back and I saw him backing out of the drive it was all over. I could not stop. DS just went about what ever he was doing and a little while late came to make sure I was ok.

I do agree with you about being proud of them to.

Take care and here is more for your migrane.

take care
flo
Oh my goodness! DS (I only have one( graduated HS in 2004 and went to college in Philadelphia. I thought I would be okay with it. Made sure he had everything he needed. We were heading down in 2 weeks for a hockey tournament. That didn't matter! I was leaving "my baby" in the big city of "Brotherly Love" but that didn't matter either. Giving him a hug and a kiss and told him to let us know if he forgot anything and we would bring it down for him. At that point I couldn't even look at him! My eyes were swelling but I didn't want him to see me cry. We got into the car and I couldn't help cry. Instead, as soon as I sat down in the car I burst into tears. The bad thing about that was I was supposed to be giving the directions and since I was crying to much I gave the DH the wrong diections and unfortunately the exit was 26 miles before we could turn around. Up! 52 miles in the WRONG direction. . .

Any way, now back to 2008 and DS graduates. So are you moving home and then . . . well umm I'm living in Philly. The sad thing is that I lost my little boy but returned as a grown man! I don't even remember when or how it happened; it just did!
BCVOwner2002 is offline  
Old 08-15-2009, 10:35 PM   #128
Time4disneynow
DIS Veteran
 
Time4disneynow's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Delaware
Posts: 1,821

Quote:
Originally Posted by susieq55 View Post
I remember so well taking my two older sons to their first day at college! I was sooo proud of them. I smiled and hugged and then hugged a little more. And then made it to the first interstate and dissolved into tears!!

Little DS asked if I was alright. DH just said to him, give her a little while, she'll be just fine!

What college is she off to, Monika?


Hi Sue,

My daughter will be going to American University in Washington, D.C.
We are soooo proud of her. A new chapter in her life.

Take care....Monika
__________________
Monika... [Visiting WDW yearly since 1985...2007&2010 Disney Western...2011-Disney Eastern...SSMC 2008,2009,2010,2011..3/2012-Disney Dream-SSMC Reunion-It's all Garys Fault!! Disney Dream...6/2012 Inaugural NYC-Canada-Disney Magic...12/2012 Eastern Caribbean-Fantasy...05/2013 Disney Wonder Repo cruise LA-Vancouver (West Coast Adventure-It's All Gary's Fault reunion cruise)]


Time4disneynow is offline  
Old 08-15-2009, 10:44 PM   #129
djstweety
DIS Veteran
 
djstweety's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: St Louis, Missouri
Posts: 1,637

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoosGram View Post
Congrats Chris and Dianne on the pirate and bride. You got the first ones of the new thread!

Just thought of something: I don't know how many of you have seen this, but Purex has a new product that incorporates detergent, softener, and anti-static products in one sheet. This is just perfect for traveling, I think.
I already bought some, some soaps make me itch, so I tried it and it was fine, so yes, it is packed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by susieq55 View Post
Thanks for all of the well wishes - you guys are really great! I'm feeling a little better. It's funny - when I get a migraine like this one, I feel terrible for the first while until I can take my meds. Then it seems to settle it down, but the slightest thing can make it flair up again. Being out at camp, it the fresh air can help. But then working around the kitchen and bending alot dragged me down again.



So I just made myself a cup of Earl Grey tea, and I'm going to relax - and hopefully chat with a few of you!

Glad to hear you are feeling better,,,,hope you stay that way.
__________________
Dianne - The Black-spotted Buccaneer
May all your dreams come true! Ahoy Shipmates

Sept 20th 2014 on the Magic

It's all Gary's Fault

Dec 8th 2014 on the Dream
djstweety is offline  
Old 08-15-2009, 10:46 PM   #130
susieq55
Buh, Bye!
 
susieq55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: NJ
Posts: 2,929

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time4disneynow View Post
Hi Sue,

My daughter will be going to American University in Washington, D.C.
We are soooo proud of her. A new chapter in her life.

Take care....Monika
Have a wonderful time and a safe trip, Monika. Take lots of pictures and just keep smiling - the memories will last forever!

Here's wishing a wonderful and successful college experience for your daughter.
__________________
Sue - on Deck 9 & 11 with my Friends!

susieq55 is offline  
Old 08-15-2009, 10:50 PM   #131
susieq55
Buh, Bye!
 
susieq55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: NJ
Posts: 2,929

Quote:
Glad to hear you are feeling better,,,,hope you stay that way.
Thanks, Dianne. Me, too.

Little DS is away visiting his big brother in NC and I really wanted to change his room - other son is now in NC too and little one wanted the bigger room - while he was away as a surprise. But if I keep up with the headache, I won't feel much like starting that project!!
__________________
Sue - on Deck 9 & 11 with my Friends!

susieq55 is offline  
Old 08-16-2009, 06:55 AM   #132
wltdsnyfan



DIS Veteran
 
wltdsnyfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Illinois
Posts: 5,717

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCVOwner2002 View Post
Oh my goodness! DS (I only have one( graduated HS in 2004 and went to college in Philadelphia. I thought I would be okay with it. Made sure he had everything he needed. We were heading down in 2 weeks for a hockey tournament. That didn't matter! I was leaving "my baby" in the big city of "Brotherly Love" but that didn't matter either. Giving him a hug and a kiss and told him to let us know if he forgot anything and we would bring it down for him. At that point I couldn't even look at him! My eyes were swelling but I didn't want him to see me cry. We got into the car and I couldn't help cry. Instead, as soon as I sat down in the car I burst into tears. The bad thing about that was I was supposed to be giving the directions and since I was crying to much I gave the DH the wrong diections and unfortunately the exit was 26 miles before we could turn around. Up! 52 miles in the WRONG direction. . .

Any way, now back to 2008 and DS graduates. So are you moving home and then . . . well umm I'm living in Philly. The sad thing is that I lost my little boy but returned as a grown man! I don't even remember when or how it happened; it just did!


YOu are so right! He went to school and when he came home even a couple weeks later he started to turn into a grown man. I was happy for him and sad at teh same time.

Are sons graduated high school in the same year. Mine graduated in 2004 to.

Monika - Have a good trip. Good luck DD way to go.

Have a good day.

take care
flo
__________________
wltdsnyfan is offline  
Old 08-16-2009, 07:16 AM   #133
WDWLVR
DVC @ The Boardwalk
Have veranda will cruise
We cruised under a DVC flag - how cool is that?!?
 
WDWLVR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Chicagoland for work; Disney for fun!
Posts: 31,616



Good morning Member Cruisers!
We sail in 4 weeks!


__________________
Mary My first visits: WDW '76 DL '79 DCL '99 DVC '00
WDWLVR is offline  
Old 08-16-2009, 07:21 AM   #134
WDWLVR
DVC @ The Boardwalk
Have veranda will cruise
We cruised under a DVC flag - how cool is that?!?
 
WDWLVR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Chicagoland for work; Disney for fun!
Posts: 31,616

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoosGram View Post
Congrats Chris and Dianne on the pirate and bride. You got the first ones of the new thread!

Just thought of something: I don't know how many of you have seen this, but Purex has a new product that incorporates detergent, softener, and anti-static products in one sheet. This is just perfect for traveling, I think.
I thought it would be great for the trip too! I've bought it but haven't tried it yet. I should do that today when I do laundry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time4disneynow View Post
Hi Sue,

My daughter will be going to American University in Washington, D.C.
We are soooo proud of her. A new chapter in her life.

Take care....Monika
Congrats Monika. Have a safe trip and get her settled in!
__________________
Mary My first visits: WDW '76 DL '79 DCL '99 DVC '00
WDWLVR is offline  
Old 08-16-2009, 07:36 AM   #135
wltdsnyfan



DIS Veteran
 
wltdsnyfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Illinois
Posts: 5,717

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWLVR View Post


Good morning Member Cruisers!
We sail in 4 weeks!


Thank you Mary for that great looking countdown!

4 weeks
__________________
wltdsnyfan is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Mad Chatters thread Part 18 Toot Sweet Community Board 3759 01-31-2011 12:04 PM
July 18 Tortola cruise part 3 DarthVader92 Disney Cruise Meets 1856 12-09-2009 05:40 PM
Rosie plus Five and Free Dining !! September 2009 Pre Trippie englishrose47 Completed Trip Reports 396 10-01-2009 04:23 PM
Cast Member broke his neck during pirate tutorial. SAD Update post 99. ClarabelleCowFan Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies 207 09-17-2009 03:54 PM
August 2009 ADR Wanted/Trade/Exchange/Cancelled Pumbaa_ Disney Restaurants 933 08-29-2009 07:45 AM

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:55 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.