Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-14-2009, 09:43 PM   #76
susieq55
Buh, Bye!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wltdsnyfan View Post
Sue,

How about this. Send them to the Hotel because this way it does not put your suite case over. Then take a rolling suitcase with you as a carry on with things in it. Once at the hotel you could put what you carried on the plan in one of the big suitcase or you can even put it in the big one because it won't matter then. They don't weigh them again.

Doesmake sense?

take care
flo
Sounds like a plan to me! Thanks Flo!

Old 08-14-2009, 09:46 PM   #77
susieq55
Buh, Bye!

DSIL said she also got her extra ME luggage tags today! They seem to be getting those right out to you when you request them.

Only one bit of transportation to get set - how are we getting to Philly airport from home!! I may have to go through my roster of friends - hmmmm!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-14-2009, 09:52 PM   #78
susieq55
Buh, Bye!

Anyone have plans this weekend?

I really had every intention of trying to sleep in tomorrow - ah, but DH needs help to close down the girl scout part of the camp and get ready for the other group to come in. And he just found out that one of his helpers isn't coming to work tomorrow. So I suppose it's little ole' me, the DW, going to pal around with him! Well, sleeping in IS somewhat overrated.

DS Dustin is down in NC to spend a few days with his older brother Bob and his wife. He was soooo excited to go - but I miss him already.

Is anyone out there who is still awake?!! HELLOOOOOO!!

Old 08-14-2009, 10:28 PM   #79
djstweety
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by susieq55 View Post
Anyone have plans this weekend?

I really had every intention of trying to sleep in tomorrow - ah, but DH needs help to close down the girl scout part of the camp and get ready for the other group to come in. And he just found out that one of his helpers isn't coming to work tomorrow. So I suppose it's little ole' me, the DW, going to pal around with him! Well, sleeping in IS somewhat overrated.

DS Dustin is down in NC to spend a few days with his older brother Bob and his wife. He was soooo excited to go - but I miss him already.

Is anyone out there who is still awake?!! HELLOOOOOO!!
I am still awake

Sept 20th 2014 on the Magic

It's all Gary's Fault

Dec 8th 2014 on the Dream
Old 08-14-2009, 10:42 PM   #80
djstweety
DIS Veteran

so is anyone there?

It's all Gary's Fault

Old 08-14-2009, 11:08 PM   #81
djstweety
DIS Veteran

Am I here all by myself

It's all Gary's Fault

Old 08-14-2009, 11:10 PM   #82
BoosGram
Better than a candygram....I tink, therefore I am.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbcheek View Post
Joanne, congrats on the new car.
Yes, that clunkers for cash deal is to good to pass up if you are even slightly considering a new car.
So, I posted pictures of my new car, when will we see yours?
Enjoy your new car.
Quote:
Joanne, Congrats on the new car!
I'm sooooo jealous!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by djstweety View Post
Glad you joined the ranks, If I am counting correctly, your #3 I bought mine on April 30th, Ray got his about a month ago,,,OK whos next

Joanne enjoy your new car, I know I am in love with mine!
Thank you all for the kind wishes. I really do like the new car and feel like a queen (just too old to be a princess anymore), especially since the Jeep didn't have power windows or locks. I know, I'm spoiled. The coolest thing they've added to some cars now is a button on the steering wheel that lets you answer your cell phone without touching it. It comes through the radio. Pretty neat, huh? Now I just need to get a picture up...

Quote:
Well, sleeping in IS somewhat overrated.
When and by who?????

Old 08-15-2009, 06:30 AM   #83
susieq55
Buh, Bye!

Quote:
Originally Posted by djstweety View Post
I am still awake
Sorry Dianne,
by the time you came on I had concked out!! It was a long day in the sun - but I can't complain - at least it was the sun instead of a rainout. But it got really warm in the later afternoon, and ALL the campers wanted to get in the pool, so it was a little more stressful than usual.

But made it through another season without any accidents, so I'm very greatful to my good staff and the Big Guy Upstairs!!

Old 08-15-2009, 06:33 AM   #84
susieq55
Buh, Bye!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoosGram View Post
Thank you all for the kind wishes. I really do like the new car and feel like a queen (just too old to be a princess anymore), especially since the Jeep didn't have power windows or locks. I know, I'm spoiled. The coolest thing they've added to some cars now is a button on the steering wheel that lets you answer your cell phone without touching it. It comes through the radio. Pretty neat, huh? Now I just need to get a picture up...

When and by who?????
I think the cell phone thing sounds neat!

And yea, I guess you're right about the sleeping in thing! Just because I said that, I have been up off and on since 2:30 am with a migraine - just a mini one - but still - can you say karma!!!

Old 08-15-2009, 06:54 AM   #85
WDWLVR
DVC @ The Boardwalk
Have veranda will cruise
We cruised under a DVC flag - how cool is that?!?

Good morning everyone - happy Saturday!

Joanne - congrats on the new car! Enjoy it for many years to come.

Sue - sorry to hear about the migraine. I was up a lot during the night as well so I totally understand.

Have a great day everyone.
Old 08-15-2009, 06:58 AM   #86
wltdsnyfan

DIS Veteran

Joanne,

DS has that cell phone thing in his steering wheel. He had them hook it up about a month after he bought the car. It is great. I have been in the car when he uses it. You just say the name or number then it repeats to you and askes if it is correct. I like the idea no head piece or you don't have to answer the phone it self. He also does not need a key for his car. I thought that was neet. To get in he just puts his finger on the handle, that is as long as he his the other part in his pocket.

Take care and have a great day.
flo
Old 08-15-2009, 07:42 AM   #87
dvc4life
Disney is my Happy Place

Good Saturday morning!
Old 08-15-2009, 07:51 AM   #88
dvc4life
Disney is my Happy Place

Congrats on the new car Joanne! Always love getting a new vehicle. But we are good for now here so it will be a long time before we get anything new.

Sue - sorry to hear about the migrane. I haven't had one for a long time and they really stink. Hope yours goes away fast.
Old 08-15-2009, 08:19 AM   #89
wltdsnyfan

DIS Veteran

Quote:
I think the cell phone thing sounds neat!

And yea, I guess you're right about the sleeping in thing! Just because I said that, I have been up off and on since 2:30 am with a migraine - just a mini one - but still - can you say karma!!!
Here is some that the migraine goes away. I know how they are.

take care
flo
Old 08-15-2009, 09:11 AM   #90
BigDogHU75
DIS Veteran

Good Morning Everyone!

Joanne, congratulations on the new car! DH really likes Toyotas. That is why we both have 2. After my Nissan Sentra broke down I had no choice but to join the Toyota family.

Sue, hope you are feeling better. Migranes are no fun.

Mary, how are you doing? Glad to see that if all goes well (and I know it will) you will be done with chemo before the cruise.

Flo, thanks for the FE list. You did a great job!

I cannot beloieve we are on the third thread. You all have been a talkative bunch.

It is a beautiful day here in So. MD. We have no weekend plans besides going to church tomorrow. We were supposed to be in NJ & Philly this weekend but I decided that I better stay home. I have been feeling the past few days. So, we postponed the trip until the end of this month. One good thing is that I will be able to join the rest of you who will be watching the Wonder on the webcams tomorrow (if i remember).

I have been working on FE gifts. I am still fretting over what to do for the adults. I have finished the children's gifts. I have motivation to finish, though. My FE that I got from ebay arrived this week & I have it hanging up on the door leading to our basement. I have to pass it every day and I can see it when I assemble the FE gifts.

Everyone enjoy your day.
2013 July 4th Family Celebration at WDW, 2012 Disney Fantasy Birthday Cruise, 2011 Disney Dream Cruise, SSR, Member Crusie 2010, & AKV, A Trip of DVC Firsts - BCV, MNSSHP, Sept. '09 Members Cruise, & Kidani, Plans are Made to be Broken ... Feb. 2009, 2002 Land & Sea Honeymoon
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: