Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-13-2009, 07:08 AM   #31
djstweety
DIS Veteran

packages

question, was thinking of mailing spray on sunscreen to myself. Since I did not want to put it in my luggage.

Is this something they will accept?

Sept 20th 2014 on the Magic

It's all Gary's Fault

Dec 8th 2014 on the Dream
Old 08-13-2009, 07:36 AM   #32
dvc4life
Disney is my Happy Place

Hope all have a good day today!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-13-2009, 07:43 AM   #33
wltdsnyfan

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by djstweety View Post

Flo, I got my list, it is awesome...you did a great job, Thank You
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvc4life View Post
I agree. Thank you for all you do.
Dianne and Chris:

Thanks! I love doing things like this.

Take care and have a great day.
flo
Old 08-13-2009, 08:16 AM   #34
lah3hh
DIS Veteran

I am so glad to have found Thread #3!!!! It is great to know there are so many folks excited about our cruise.

They sure are keeping a tight wrap on what is going to happen on this cruise...any thoughts? Or maybe it was already discussed here and I missed it. If that is the case, just tell me gently!!!!

Less than 30 days and I can't even stand it because I am so excited....

2014 Vacation Plans:

March Las Vegas - RCI/DVC trade into a Hilton Grand Vacation Resort (This was awesome and truly loved the location along the strip!)

May/June WDW Beach Club 3 nights then on to 6 nights at Disney's Hilton Head Resort and then back to AKV for 3 additional nights

October DCL Wonder 5 night double dip followed by 7 nights at SSR

[B]That should be enough vacation time for the year I hope!!
Old 08-13-2009, 08:32 AM   #35
mnra
DIS Veteran

Has anyone received there package from the ship.
Old 08-13-2009, 12:12 PM   #36
wltdsnyfan

DIS Veteran

I was just looking at the port cam and you can see the front of the Wonder.
Old 08-13-2009, 12:59 PM   #37
cquick
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wltdsnyfan View Post

THANKS FOR THE FE LIST!!!!!
Old 08-13-2009, 01:07 PM   #38
cquick
DIS Veteran

1. Bring an over the door shoe hanger - you can use it for shoes, but also for the little things you need like suntan lotion, sun glasses, etc. DONE!

2. If you need to use a curling iron or blow dryer you might want to bring an extension cord as the outlets are not in the best place on the desk for using one. AND FOR COMPUTER CHARGING, PHONE CHARGING, MP3 CHARGING, ETC ETC ETC.

3. If you want a little privacy from the kids bring a few clothes pins to keep the privacy curtain closed. ALSO IF YOUR ROOM FACES EAST! OR WEST!

4. If you have connecting rooms ask your room steward for the small blocks of wood they use to keep the doors open. The block goes in the upper part of the door by the closer and keeps it open. Easy to remove if you want to close them at night. GOOD ONE, NEVER THOUGHT OF THIS ONE!

5. If you get a sewer smell in your bathroom it is easy to cure yourself by pouring a cup or two of water down the drain behind the toilet (we've never experienced it but have read about the smell on the DIS).

6. If you have a family that makes it own smells you might want to bring an air freshener for the bathroom. YEAH, ESPECIALLY IF YOU HAVE THE MALE VARIETY FAMILY MEMBERS!

7. After you unpack it is easy to store you luggage out of sight under your bed. If you lift the corner of the bed half of it will come up easily to slide the luggage under. WE USUALLY PUT OUR LIFE JACKETS UNDER THE BED, LEAVES ROOM ON THE CLOSET SHELF FOR CLOTHES

8. Post-it notes or a small wipe board inside the cabin helps you keep track of other family members. GOOD ONE!!!! CAUSE WE LOSE FAMILY MEMBERS ALL THE TIME!

Old 08-13-2009, 01:42 PM   #39
FaithTrustnPixieDust
Those that plant kindness gather love! Look for the Extraordinary in the Ordinary!

Happy Thursday Everyone!!!!!

I was cracking up last night when I got back on to read the posts after the battle for the princess and pirate. I had jumped on real quick before logging off the computer to read through the posts and then jumped back off to run out the door. Had errands to run before I went to class.

Monika and Sue - I just made it to class in time. About 10 minutes after I got in the building it was a downpour.

After last night's class, I am down to two remaining. Woo Hoo!

Now to get working on my final assignment. Finished with all the quizzes.

I had a Dr. appt today and DS had to tag along with me. After the appointment, we ended up getting him new shorts to wear to the restaurants and a pair of Ecco sandals. I do not think we will even bring his sneakers this trip. Not sure yet. At age 10 he is in a mens 9 and they take up a lot of space in his suitcase. I think we might have everything we need for the kids at this point. Now to get it all in a suitcase.

Our new rolling duffle bag arrived on Monday so that was also very exciting. DD had to examine every zipper, pouch, compartment, etc. She had it all planned out where all her clothes were going. I did not have the heart to tell her we would all be putting clothes in the bag.

Flo and Mary - I wanted to once again thank you both for all the time you have spent organizing the details for the group.

I also wanted to thank everyone else out there for all the helpful hints, information, and words of encouragement over this past year. I just can not believe we are down to less than a month for when the kids and I leave for WDW and then get to meet all of you. So exciting!!!!

Our first cruise!!

Have a nice evening! Not sure if I will be back on later today. I am hoping to get the FE gifts finished tonight. At least what I can get done until I get back to Cape May to get more items. I may just have to send my dad over to pick up the stuff and drop it off to me. I may have to beg.

Enjoy the rest of your evening.
Old 08-13-2009, 02:32 PM   #40
ladyarli
Earning My Ears

Question Anyone know the theme?

I have been wondering too, why all the secrecy. On the dvcmembercruise website they have under "theme" that the 2008 theme is Disney Inspirations. Do they mean 2009, or are they telling us about last year? Anyone out there go last year, or know someone who did? I haven't seen any docs yet, either. I'm hoping I see them soon. Really looking forward to the cruise. It will be our second time on DCL, but we haven't cruised on Disney since 1998 on the Magic. See you all in a month! Woo hoo!
Old 08-13-2009, 02:48 PM   #41
MEAGON2222
Mouseketeer

i have not seen the document but usually u dont get then until about 2 week before.

[/url]

[IMG ]http://www.hutsellhobbies.com/disney/dvcMember/SSMC2011.jpg[ /IMG]
Old 08-13-2009, 03:15 PM   #42
manascarfan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyarli View Post
I have been wondering too, why all the secrecy. On the dvcmembercruise website they have under "theme" that the 2008 theme is Disney Inspirations. Do they mean 2009, or are they telling us about last year? Anyone out there go last year, or know someone who did? I haven't seen any docs yet, either. I'm hoping I see them soon. Really looking forward to the cruise. It will be our second time on DCL, but we haven't cruised on Disney since 1998 on the Magic. See you all in a month! Woo hoo!
That theme is from last years cruise
Old 08-13-2009, 05:00 PM   #43
Perdie
Mouseketeer

HI everyone!
Just wanted to post a quick note-getting so excited about the cruise!!!
We leave for WDW on Sep 4th for a week at Kidani-we originally planned on checking out on sat 12th and spending the night before the cruise at Hampton Inn (I think) in Port Canaveral-but just decided to spend the last night at All Star Sports-although we are debating if we should just stay one more night at Kidani and not have to switch hotels.....any thoughts?

We've rented a car-and we're returning it by the Port on Sunday before the cruise....

I am SO excited to get going already! Is it Sep 4th yet!?
Old 08-13-2009, 05:18 PM   #44
MEAGON2222
Mouseketeer

Smile

WE ARE LEAVING SEPT 4TH FOR A 7 DAY CRUISE ON THE MAGIC. THEY ARE JUST STARTING TO GET THERE DOCUMENTS. i HAVE NOT GOTTEN MINE. I JUST CANNOT BELIEVE WE ARE UNDER 30 DAYS

[/url]

[IMG ]http://www.hutsellhobbies.com/disney/dvcMember/SSMC2011.jpg[ /IMG]
Old 08-13-2009, 05:21 PM   #45
Donald is #1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cquick View Post
Yes, if everyone in the stateroom has a credit card, then each person/s charges can be done to separate credit cards.
Awesome thanks!

Thanks Kimmar
Go Red Sox & Patriots!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: