Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-16-2009, 11:26 AM   #151
wltdsnyfan

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by djstweety View Post
Soooo sorry to hear you do not feel well this morning. I woke up in the middle of the night not feeling well either, I am a little better now, I think it is sinus, or I hope I am not getting a cold Best wishes to youpixiedu stixiedust:

Dianne,

I agree I think it is sinus! Hope you feel better to.

take care
flo
Old 08-16-2009, 11:50 AM   #152
djstweety
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wltdsnyfan View Post
Dianne,

I agree I think it is sinus! Hope you feel better to.

take care
flo
Thanks starting to feel better already

Sept 20th 2014 on the Magic

It's all Gary's Fault

Dec 8th 2014 on the Dream
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-16-2009, 12:09 PM   #153
BoosGram
Better than a candygram....I tink, therefore I am.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvc4life View Post
She has no plans for college. We are trying to talk her in to starting at the community college here in town for two years to get her basic stuff out of the way, and she can live at home, then transfer to a university. She likes Iowa State because it is only about 30-45 minutes away from here. But it will depend on her major. Which she has no idea what she wants to do/be. Probably something to do with the arts.

And you are so right, we don't get older at all, just the kids grow up and catch us!
We had 3 in college at the same time (a pair of twins and an older daughter who couldn't decide what she wanted to do) and we did the same thing. They all did 2 years at the local CC and then went away for the remaining 2. It saved us a lot of $ and gave them a chance to see what interested them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by susieq55 View Post
What a fantastic idea, Flo!! We'll have our own sailaway party today at 5:00. See you all then.

Sounds like a plan!

Old 08-16-2009, 12:47 PM   #154
danandnan
Disney Nut's DVC Members 4/01

Good Luck and Happy Sailing to all of you on the 2009 Members cruise.
As some of you know Nancy and I won't be sailing with you this year. as you can see we went in 2005,2007,2008. This year we will be doing the 7 day Eastern With a group of friends we have been doing the Member cruises with. Next we hope to return.
Too all who have never been on a Members hold on to you hat because you will never forget it. Right MARY.
Will an extra bag because ther are gifts from Disney every day.

Have Fun wish we could be there to

Nancy and Dan
7 Day Alaska Cruise 8/ 23/2011
Old 08-16-2009, 01:01 PM   #155
WDWLVR
DVC @ The Boardwalk
Have veranda will cruise
We cruised under a DVC flag - how cool is that?!?

Hi Dan - so nice to see you here. We'll miss you this year but I know you are sailing with a great group and you never know what the future holds. I'm sailing next year with a group I first sailed with in 2004!

We are back from our big plans for the weekend. We went up to Milwaukee, WI for Irish Fest. Had a great time on both Friday and Saturday but both days left me exhausted. So instead of going to Mass at the fest and then spend a few hours there we just came home. We did get to see our favorite bands as well as a few new ones and got our fill of food (though I ate a lot less than normal). So all in all a good time but I'm glad to be home and I see a nap in my future.
Old 08-16-2009, 02:07 PM   #156
djstweety
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by danandnan View Post
Good Luck and Happy Sailing to all of you on the 2009 Members cruise.
As some of you know Nancy and I won't be sailing with you this year. as you can see we went in 2005,2007,2008. This year we will be doing the 7 day Eastern With a group of friends we have been doing the Member cruises with. Next we hope to return.
Too all who have never been on a Members hold on to you hat because you will never forget it. Right MARY.
Will an extra bag because ther are gifts from Disney every day.

Have Fun wish we could be there to

Nancy and Dan
Nancy and Dan, so sorry I will not get to meet you, This is our first DCL and first members cruise. although we are not new to cruising. Maybe we will get the chance, to cruise with you next year. Oh and the extra suit case is already packed. Thanks for the tip any other tips are welcome!

It's all Gary's Fault

Old 08-16-2009, 02:22 PM   #157
RC4
Mouseketeer

Quote:
None here. I was supposed to go to Doorway to dreams today for a meet but did not make it. I do not feel well so stayed home.

Outback sounds good. Enjoy.
take care
flo
I was wondering why I didn't see any crocs meeting your description!! Hope you feel better soon! I was hoping that they might give us a little something this morning about our cruise- but nothing, nada, zilch. I did see the BLT rooms that they have set up there- they are really nice, love the colors!

anyway- more laundry and then work tonight!! But, on the plus side, when laundry is done, I can start packing!

Carrie

Old 08-16-2009, 02:54 PM   #158
danandnan
Disney Nut's DVC Members 4/01

Quote:
Originally Posted by djs tweety View Post
Nancy and Dan, so sorry I will not get to meet you, This is our first DCL and first members cruise. although we are not new to cruising. Maybe we will get the chance, to cruise with you next year. Oh and the extra suit case is already packed. Thanks for the tip any other tips are welcome!
Just bring your appetite and forget about loosing weight. If you need good advise just go to Mary or Mark and they will give you all the help you need

Nancy and I at CC
Mary and Mark
7 Day Alaska Cruise 8/ 23/2011
Old 08-16-2009, 03:01 PM   #159
wltdsnyfan

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Just bring your appetite and forget about loosing weight. If you need good advise just go to Mary or Mark and they will give you all the help you need

Nancy and I at CC
Mary and Mark

Like the picture of you and Nancy. Looks sooo relaxing. This is are 5th cruise and fist member cruise.

Nice of you to drop by. It has been a while.

take care
flo
Old 08-16-2009, 03:04 PM   #160
wltdsnyfan

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC4 View Post
I was wondering why I didn't see any crocs meeting your description!! Hope you feel better soon! I was hoping that they might give us a little something this morning about our cruise- but nothing, nada, zilch. I did see the BLT rooms that they have set up there- they are really nice, love the colors!

anyway- more laundry and then work tonight!! But, on the plus side, when laundry is done, I can start packing!

Carrie
Carrie,

Sorry I missed you! Did you win any goodies that they rafalled off or did they give you any thing for attending. I have sceen them they are very nice.

Take car
flo
Old 08-16-2009, 03:26 PM   #161
RC4
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Carrie,

Sorry I missed you! Did you win any goodies that they rafalled off or did they give you any thing for attending. I have sceen them they are very nice.

Take car
flo
I won a backpack and a stuffed Mickey, which my baby Cameron took over right away! The backpack will come in super handy for this trip! I was going to buy one- so it is nice that I don't have to now!

I didn't go to lunch at uno's after though- And I didn't see anyone else, or recognize anyone's screen names.....

Old 08-16-2009, 03:38 PM   #162
wltdsnyfan

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC4 View Post
I won a backpack and a stuffed Mickey, which my baby Cameron took over right away! The backpack will come in super handy for this trip! I was going to buy one- so it is nice that I don't have to now!

I didn't go to lunch at uno's after though- And I didn't see anyone else, or recognize anyone's screen names.....
Carrie,

Good for you! You are right a backpack will come in handy and I get to see it on the cruise. That made the trip worth it.

Is it raining by you? It is raining real heavy here with Light and thunder. Glad I am not driving in it.

take care
flo
Old 08-16-2009, 03:40 PM   #163
djstweety
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Nancy and I at CC
Mary and Mark
Thanks alot, Mary and Mark are wonderful, I have already figured that out.

Diet, what diet. on vacation anything goes!

It's all Gary's Fault

Old 08-16-2009, 04:21 PM   #164
Donald is #1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWLVR View Post
Hi Dan - so nice to see you here. We'll miss you this year but I know you are sailing with a great group and you never know what the future holds. I'm sailing next year with a group I first sailed with in 2004!

We are back from our big plans for the weekend. We went up to Milwaukee, WI for Irish Fest. Had a great time on both Friday and Saturday but both days left me exhausted. So instead of going to Mass at the fest and then spend a few hours there we just came home. We did get to see our favorite bands as well as a few new ones and got our fill of food (though I ate a lot less than normal). So all in all a good time but I'm glad to be home and I see a nap in my future.
Mary, I just saw your pictures on FB. It sounds like you had a great time. Which bands did you listen to?

Thanks Kimmar
Go Red Sox & Patriots!
Old 08-16-2009, 04:28 PM   #165
Donald is #1
DIS Veteran

More cruise shopping

Well I went to Walmart today to get another fold-up duffle bag to use for the cruise because I am considering packing 2 bags (my rolling duffle bag for the cruise and my fold up duffle bag for the days around the cruise). The new bad will allow me to pack a folding duffle bag in my cruise suit case just in case I need a second bag for all of my loot.

Anyways, as I was looking at the folding duffle bags, what do I do? Well instead I pick out a new rolling duffle bag. It was only $30 more than the folding ones and I can wheel it! Gee, its amazing what I can justify.

I'm still debating on which camera to take on the cruise. When we were flying, I had already made my decision to take my point and shoot. But now that we are driving, I keep debating whether I should bring my DSLR also.

Thanks Kimmar
Go Red Sox & Patriots!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: