Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-12-2009, 09:46 AM   #1
left210
DIS Veteran

Sweat proof water bottle

I am looking for a BPA free water bottle that is sweat proof. My son can take a water bottle to school and keep at his desk but the one we have sweats water onto his desk. Any recommendations?
left210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 10:25 AM   #2
deedeetoo
DIS Veteran

There are two solutions. Either give him room temperature water or give him a thermos. Any bottle, other than a thermos, that has cold water in it is going to sweat. The cold temperature causes water to condense out of the air.
deedeetoo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-12-2009, 10:32 AM   #3
bookgirl
I don't eat onions-they squelch when you bite into them
I don't eat raisins-they look like dried up bugs
Can we say food issues?

You can buy neoprene sleeves for water bottles. Some come with them but a lot of sporting goods outdoor adventure stores sell generic ones. I've seen them at Old Navy as well. SIGG sells them online but they are made to fit the narrow aluminum bottles.

WalMart is where I bought the bottle with a sleeve a few years back, but when I bought my new water bottle I just recycled the old sleeve.

UPCOMING: 1/15 AllStar Movies WDW

bookgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 10:47 AM   #4
jinia
"For the better part of my childhood, my professional aspirations were simple - I wanted to be an intergalatic princess." Janet Evanovich

DS7 uses a stainless steel thermos with the Hulk on it all day and puts it next to his bed. We love it.
jinia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 12:05 PM   #5
Manda
DIS Veteran

My son uses a Sigg bottle, but I just fill it with room temperature water so that it doesn't sweat. It hasn't been an issue. I know that the teachers at his school told kids to bring their bottles in a tube sock so that they wouldn't sweat on the tables.
~ Polynesian 9/07 - Free dining again! ~
~ Wilderness Lodge 1/08 - Just because we bought APs... ~
~ All Star Sports 2/08 - An unplanned stay thanks to a snowstorm that kept us in Orlando ~
~ Beach Club 8/08 - DS's surprise 5th birthday trip! ~
~ All Star Music 6/09 - Because I can't pass up a discount... ~
~ Bay Lake Tower 10/09 - Bounceback & MY birthday trip! ~
~ Port Orleans French Quarter 06/10 - Star Wars Weekends ~
~ Beach Club 08/10 - DS's 7th birthday trip ~
~ Pop Century 6/11 - Just 'cause I wanna. ~
~ Port Orleans French Quarter 02/13 - It's been a while... ~
~ Yacht Club 1/15 - Gotta get away from winter! ~
Manda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 07:39 PM   #6
ehrn
Mouseketeer

Thermos Funtainer!!! Target has them. Wide enough mouth to put ice in, keeps it cold and no sweats!
ehrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 11:03 AM   #7
left210
DIS Veteran

Thanks guys. We had been using the funtainer but it didnt hold enough for him so we tried one that wasnt thermos and there was too much condensation so I went to Target and bought the Thermos insulated Intak which is basically like a funtainer but larger. Also it doesnt use a straw which was nice because our straws on the funtainer would always break or something. We have so many funtainers that either the lid broke, the straw broke or something. He has been using his new one for 2 days and said it works great. Thanks for the suggestions.
left210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 11:15 PM   #8
Pavy
Earning My Ears

I found a company that sells neoprene sleeves in different sizes to fit different bottles. You can put them over a bottle that has ice in it, and it keeps the water cold and keeps the bottle from sweating everywhere! The nicest part is that you can use whatever bottle you want to (I have one that fits my big Camelback bottle, and a smaller that fits my son's bottle that he takes to preschool). They are called Bottlesox.
Here's a link:

http://nichelab.com/index.html
Pavy is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: