Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-17-2009, 07:33 AM   #1
penguin087
Mouseketeer

DH gets all the good pins!

Help me figure this out Disers!

DH gets constant emails and pin codes from Disney. I never get anything. Not so much as a piece of spam. Nothing! DH has never been to Disney. His name, credit card, email addy...has never been connected to a Disney reservation in any way or even loosely tied to so much as a flight heading south. He has never even been on their website. He thinks once he entered a contest to will a free Disney trip on the weather channel website.

Why does he get this stuff and I get nothing?
penguin087 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 07:52 AM   #2
aka-mad4themouse
Budget Board Co-Host

Quote:
Originally Posted by penguin087 View Post
Why does he get this stuff and I get nothing?
My guess would be that he gets PIN codes because he's never been to WDW. Disney wants to hook new customers. They know that a large percentage of their visitors are repeat customers who would visit anyway. Now if you were to go for a few years without a visit, they might send you one just to lure you back.

But don't feel bad. My DH and kids get PINs more often than I do. Today is DH's birthday and he got an email PIN in June for 40% off of a room-only ressie for select dates in August. I think he got it because I registered his birthday on the WDW website for the "What Will You Celebrate?" promotion. Too bad DS17 starts football practice today or we would have done a quick trip to see the mouse.

Hope I get one for my birthday later this year.
Old 08-17-2009, 08:13 AM   #3
Darcy03231
DIS Veteran

Try going to the disney site to check about booking a trip. I went last fall with my niece. This year I'm taking another niece on a trip and was checking out various options (one of them being WDW). I'd pretty much decided on a cruise when I got a PIN for free dining (about a week after I'd priced out a trip). That made the trip to WDW less expensive than the cruise so we're doing WDW in December.
Darcy03231 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: