Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-09-2009, 12:25 PM   #46
KYMickey
Adding EARS to Kentucky!

Location: Louisville Kentucky, home of the Derby and the 2014 TPC championship!

Folks, read the statement carefully. This section regarding charging a credit card is in the same paragraph as ordering a special kosher meal. At this point in time they will only charge a credit card for that meal. You can't get all you can eat at a buffet, it states you only get one meal. The credit card charge issue does not apply to regular ADR's only special requests.

It may be a sign of things to come (hopefully is) but right now it isn't.
Old 08-09-2009, 07:11 PM   #47
queenie82
Queen of the 5 Castles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Condorman View Post
Not to be a naysayer, but if Disney does they correctly, they wouldn't be accepting ANY reasons or excuses for missing an ADR. Not for anyone, not at anytime. Once word got out that all you had to say was someone in your party became ill, everyone would use that excuse. Likewise, if your flight was delayed coming in or Disney transportation broke down, the whole policy would be moot. Also, Disney can't ask for a doctor's note; the hassle alone, not to mention the legal ramifications would be a logistical disaster. The bottom line is, ADRs are not a necessity. Yes, we all know they are at certain times of the year, but you don't HAVE TO make them. You can always try as a walk-in if you're not sure you can make it.

Some people haven't noticed this, but in the past week alone, when using the online ADR system, a very long disclaimer (which used to be for CC-held ADRs only) has been added to appear on ALL ADRs. This disclaimer has actually been on the online site since it became available, however it wasn't appearing on the confirmation page or the confirmation e-mails until just this past week. This ADR was for Sci-Fi Dine-In, a (1) credit TS @ DHS:

-Transportation Time: Allow up to 1.5 hours to travel to your destination when traveling within Walt Disney World property.

- Most Walt Disney World Resort table-service restaurants that accept advance reservations can accommodate Kosher needs if requested at least 24 hours in advance by calling (407) WDW-DINE or (407) 939-3463. Guests under age 18 must have parent or guardian permission to call. A credit card is required to guarantee this meal; the full price of ordered meals will be charged if you cancel within one day of the reservation or are a "no show" for the reservation. At family-style or buffet locations, you will only receive one meal; does not include all-you-care-to-eat. You will be charged the regular buffet or all-you-care-to-eat price.

They're covering their tails by telling you to allow for 1.5 hours of travel time, as well as that a CC (maybe not now, but soon) will be required. I didn't have to put down a CC to make this ADR. However, a new box appeared stating that $0 payment had been made -- a box that has never appeared alongside this type of ADR before.

Something is happening.
Great. So if I have a seizure and need to go to hospital for nine hours...I still have to pay for a meal I was planning to go to?
SERIOUSLY DISNEY WOULD BE THAT CALLOUS?????

And I still don't get this bit -
"You can't get all you can eat at a buffet, it states you only get one meal"

So...I have to pile up my plate with all the stuff I want at once so the flavours mix and it gets cold. Rather than pick a bit of this...go eat...then get another little bit...
queenie82 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-09-2009, 10:55 PM   #48
KYMickey
Adding EARS to Kentucky!

Quote:
Originally Posted by queenie82 View Post

So...I have to pile up my plate with all the stuff I want at once so the flavours mix and it gets cold. Rather than pick a bit of this...go eat...then get another little bit...
Again, if you read carefully that is included with the paragraph discussing Kosher meals! It means if you request a Kosher meal they are not going to provide a complete Kosher buffet for you but rather will just provide you with a meal! Does that make sense?
Old 08-09-2009, 11:04 PM   #49
Condorman
& Laser Lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by queenie82 View Post
Great. So if I have a seizure and need to go to hospital for nine hours...I still have to pay for a meal I was planning to go to?
SERIOUSLY DISNEY WOULD BE THAT CALLOUS?????

If you're already portending a seizure and hospitalization, then I think paying $10 or $20 for an ADR cancelation is the least of your worries. Also, why would that be Disney's fault? A large percentage of people who go to WDW have medical challenges; are all of them to receive discounts, waivers and free-passes? I don't know how a potential CC/ADR system would work, I only know how it should, and that is by not excusing anyone for any reason. A chain is only as strong as its weakest link, and allowing any pardons would open the floodgates for everyone to take advantage and cancel without penalty.
Condorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 11:24 PM   #50
redrosesix
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneygirlinnj View Post
Oh I SO hope they need a cc to reserve EVERY ADR. You'll see how quickly ADR slots open up. I'm all for it and will willingly hand over my cc# every time they ask.
I'm with you on this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Condorman View Post
If you're already portending a seizure and hospitalization, then I think paying $10 or $20 for an ADR cancelation is the least of your worries. Also, why would that be Disney's fault? A large percentage of people who go to WDW have medical challenges; are all of them to receive discounts, waivers and free-passes? I don't know how a potential CC/ADR system would work, I only know how it should, and that is by not excusing anyone for any reason. A chain is only as strong as its weakest link, and allowing any pardons would open the floodgates for everyone to take advantage and cancel without penalty.
Yes, the charge on the CC would be the least of my worries if a member of my family was on their way to the hospital.

As for the 180 day window, I can't see how it would be at all necessary. I don't personally know anybody who wants to make reservations 6 months in advance. It's pretty hard to even make airline reservations that far in advance -- they don't have all of the flights scheduled yet.

Feb. 2008 All Star Music Feb. 2009 All Star Music Feb. 2010 Cypress Pointe Resort and All Star Music Feb. 2011 Cypress Pointe Resort and All Star Music Feb. 2012 Pop Pop Pop and All Star Music Feb. 2013 AoA, ASMusic and off-site with our team Feb. 2014 ASMusic and Cypress Pointe Resort Feb. 2015 Cypress Pointe Resort, US Cabana Bay and All Stars for Twirlmania
redrosesix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 11:55 PM   #51
queenie82
Queen of the 5 Castles

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrosesix View Post
As for the 180 day window, I can't see how it would be at all necessary. I don't personally know anybody who wants to make reservations 6 months in advance. It's pretty hard to even make airline reservations that far in advance -- they don't have all of the flights scheduled yet.
We book airline tickets as soon as possible and the schedule for the airlines is released at the 300 day window. We then book DVC as soon as we have the flights booked.

We have been ready to make December ADRs since April

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrosesix View Post
Yes, the charge on the CC would be the least of my worries if a member of my family was on their way to the hospital.
Not the point....of course you don't worry about it at the time.
But once it is dealt with...I'm not made of money is the point. I just thought perhaps Disney was slightly understanding of emergencies
I don't see how a person asking for a refund and then having it dealt with on a case by case basis would be a problem??

Last edited by queenie82; 08-10-2009 at 12:05 AM.
Old 08-10-2009, 10:31 AM   #52
minnie_michelle
Mouseketeer

I don't see what everyone is getting so upset about. Disney is losing money because people are abusing the system and booking multiple ADR's and then choosing which ones they want to go to instead of just simply planning in advance. I think they have every right to require a CC# to hold a reservation and then charge that CC# if the person does not show up.

Now, the kicker is that Disney NEEDS to allow the party to cancel up to their reservation time if needed. Yes, things come up, people get stuck in parks, get stuck on buses, end up waiting far longer than anticipated and miss their reservations, so Disney needs to protect their guests as well and only charge them if the person has not shown up at the reservation time nor called to say they were running late. Everyone has cell phones these days, so it is perfectly acceptable for Disney to ask a person to call if they are running late to avoid the charge. They should only charge when there is a no-show at the reservation time.

I think doing this fixes the no-show problem and also gives guests some flexibility to cancel at the last minute if needed and their table can be given to a walk up.
minnie_michelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 01:08 PM   #53
Lynn5700
WOO HOO I will be there

Oh I think it's fine if they are going to need a CC for all reservations now. It's the smart thing for the restaurants to do.

We have always cancelled an ADR if something comes up, or if we just change our minds. It's the polite thing to do. If we are running late because of transportation issues, we just call and say we are running a little late. It's no biggy.
Lynn5700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 08:27 PM   #54
queenie82
Queen of the 5 Castles

Quote:
Originally Posted by minnie_michelle View Post
I don't see what everyone is getting so upset about. Disney is losing money because people are abusing the system and booking multiple ADR's and then choosing which ones they want to go to instead of just simply planning in advance. I think they have every right to require a CC# to hold a reservation and then charge that CC# if the person does not show up.

Now, the kicker is that Disney NEEDS to allow the party to cancel up to their reservation time if needed. Yes, things come up, people get stuck in parks, get stuck on buses, end up waiting far longer than anticipated and miss their reservations, so Disney needs to protect their guests as well and only charge them if the person has not shown up at the reservation time nor called to say they were running late. Everyone has cell phones these days, so it is perfectly acceptable for Disney to ask a person to call if they are running late to avoid the charge. They should only charge when there is a no-show at the reservation time.

I think doing this fixes the no-show problem and also gives guests some flexibility to cancel at the last minute if needed and their table can be given to a walk up.
This is precisely the logic I was looking for. I'm glad to see at least one person on here is logical, practical and living in reality land.
People whinge they can't plan 180 days in advance and then also claim they are 100% sure nothing will happen to stop them being able make an ADR 48hrs in advance. Gosh I wish I lived in that world.
Old 08-10-2009, 10:33 PM   #55
KYMickey
Adding EARS to Kentucky!

Everyone raises good points about not being charged if you call and cancel reservations that have been guaranteed with a CC. The problem is by being able to cancel up until the last minute you don't really prevent people from making multiple ADR's. They could make one for MK, one for EPCOT and one for the Studios and then 15 minutes before their scheduled time decide which ones they were going to cancel! It doesn't solve anything and just creates more hassle for those that follow the rules.
Old 08-10-2009, 11:44 PM   #56
Palendat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KYMickey View Post
Everyone raises good points about not being charged if you call and cancel reservations that have been guaranteed with a CC. The problem is by being able to cancel up until the last minute you don't really prevent people from making multiple ADR's. They could make one for MK, one for EPCOT and one for the Studios and then 15 minutes before their scheduled time decide which ones they were going to cancel! It doesn't solve anything and just creates more hassle for those that follow the rules.
It does open up space for walk-ups, whose money is just as good for Disney as ADR peoples' money. If a restaurant knows 15 min. ahead of time that you cancelled, they can give the spot to a walk-up, and no money lost on Disney's part.
Palendat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 09:47 AM   #57
diamondpixienc
DIS Veteran

Back to 180?

I am so confused now I am going to contact my AAA agent to find out about this one

diamondpixienc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 01:59 PM   #58
PrincessTiffany
Is there anything better than Free Dining and Fastpasses?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robo View Post
Posted by WHOM?
The DisBoard homepage is announcing that ADRs and the calendar are both going back to 180 days, effective October 27, 2009.
PrincessTiffany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 06:04 AM   #59
eeyorepixie
AKA Queenie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessTiffany View Post
The DisBoard homepage is announcing that ADRs and the calendar are both going back to 180 days, effective October 27, 2009.
Yipppeee! I like the 180 waaaaaaaaaaaaay better!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: