Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-08-2009, 05:14 PM   #31
maddiesmom0116
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat73 View Post
Not to be dumb but what financial gain would it serve Disney to do this? I can't see where it would be helpful to them..
With the CC requirement it will cut down on all the no shows for ADR's. No shows do cost them as they are not filling the seats, many of us don't even try to get in on a walk up so they may not fill them that way.
Old 08-08-2009, 05:15 PM   #32
Cheshire Figment
Friend of Figment

This is one person posting. If you read his site, you will find that he is in UTAH! I wonder how he has managed to hear something that nobody else, including people who work at WDW, have heard.

At best this belongs in the Rumors and News Forum, not this one.

Now Working Part Time at Walt Disney World! (Guest Services/Ticket Sales)

A few very helpful links which are on DisBoards:
Everything About WDW Tickets and this one disABILITIES FAQs
Cheshire Figment is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-08-2009, 05:18 PM   #33
Robo
Attention: There's a '71 Castle in the Hub with its lights on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheshire Figment View Post
This is one person posting. If you read his site, you will find that he is in UTAH! I wonder how he has managed to hear something that nobody else, including people who work at WDW, have heard.

At best this belongs in the Rumors and News Forum, not this one.
I figured it would have been magically transported over to "Rumors & News" after about 10 minutes, myself!
Robo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 05:24 PM   #34
n2mm
aka WALTSGIRL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncobilly83 View Post
Also, what if you have the Dining Plan? Do you still need to give a credit card?
Yes, I had the dining plan in May and booked the Norway dinner for my granddaughter and family and had to put up the credit card for the no show. It is $10 per person on the reservation if there's a no show. The credit card is not for the meal, it's for the penalty of not showing up for your ADR.

2015 TRIPS-Under Construction
April 29 - May 16 @ BCV
Sept 11-12@ BLT; ? + Cruise
Oct 25 - Nov 7 @ ?

n2mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 05:41 PM   #35
Brian_WDW74
Theme Parks Co-Moderator
Oh, I'm detecting nuttiness.

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robo View Post
I figured it would have been magically transported over to "Rumors & News" after about 10 minutes, myself!
Hey, it's Saturday. I'm a little slow today.

I've moved this thread to the Rumors and News board.

Brian_WDW74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 06:10 PM   #36
kmk1180
"Today's a good day to Win a Trip to Disney World."

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissMet View Post
Your cc wouldn't be charged unless you didn't show... like they already do with Akershus, the dinner shows, etc.

I wish they'd do that, it would free up a lot of the double adrs people book & the no shows. Maybe some of us would be able to get our adrs we want.
how do you figure?
The way I see it, the same people how double book at 90 days will now double book 180 days.
I don't do it but it's not like it's hard thing to do and get away with.
It's not like they check id's or have to stay at a resort or have the dining plan to make an ADR's.
Untill they take a cc and charge for late cancels or no shows, people will still double book.
(maybe they could charge, say $10, for ADR, then when you show up $10 is credited off your bill.)
Till it costs double bookers money, they will do it. Even then some still will.
Old 08-08-2009, 06:44 PM   #37
skier_pete
DIS Veteran

I am all for all of this...move the ADRs back to 180 days...though it seems unlikely to happen this soon.

I also am fine with a CC hold for all ADRs, as long as you are still allowed a reasonable time (say 24 hours) to cancel. I think it is extremely rude to make an ADR and not use it. (I don't have a problem with booking a few extra ADRs, as long as they are cancelled ahead of time.)

SkierPete

1971 - 1982 Many childhood trips May 1997 - Off-site w/ DGF (now DW) October 2000 - Off-site w/ DW - 1st AK
October 14-20,2006 - First on-site (POFQ), first w/ DD3 and DMIL. September 22-29, 2007 with freinds @ POFQ! August 23-31, 2008. Just us 3...dining for free!
December 12-20, 2009 - 40th Birthday trip! Trip Report April 20-25, 2010 - Short surprise trip for DD! Trip Report
October 15-25, 2010 @ AKL Trip Report!
November 11-20, 2011 - Free dining at CBR! PTR! and Trip Report
July/August 2012 Disneyland / Australia TripPTR "I choose to Be Amused" TR
The Disney Trifecta - a PTR for 2013. LINK Trip Reports - ABD: "A Fistful of Fastpasses" WDW: "For A Few Fastpasses More" DCL: "Once Upon a Time in the Carribean"

October 2014 Pre Trip Report- "Let us plan our Escape !" LINK
skier_pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 07:53 PM   #38
queenie82
Queen of the 5 Castles

I'm all for a move back to 180days....although even if it were true it won't help with this December.

The only thing with taking a cc and charging for no shows is that there are times when you can be delayed or unable to come through no fault of your own (ie Disney transport stuffs up) or something happens like an illness etc.
For this reason we will make a couple extra ADRs for ones we REALLY want to do incase I get ill (I get ill every trip now at some point...and not just a sniffle)
With no medical documentation from a doctor...are they likely to believe you even if it is true and remove the charge. And it is a major inconvenience (especially when currency conversion charges would mean you don't get a full refund)

In theory it sounds great....but there are a great deal of flaws in the concept of charging for ADRs to things other than shows and Cindy.
queenie82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 10:59 PM   #39
Kat73
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddiesmom0116 View Post
With the CC requirement it will cut down on all the no shows for ADR's. No shows do cost them as they are not filling the seats, many of us don't even try to get in on a walk up so they may not fill them that way.
Yeah... but they don't need to move to a 180 day window to do the CC thing

Pre-Thanksgiving 1989 Sept 11 2001 POFQ May 2002 CBR May 2003 Poly May 2004 Pop & CR Dec. 2005 POFQ & Poly First Solo trip-Feb. 2009 Girl's Trip Sept 2009 SSR F&W Oct. 2010 Pop F&W Half Marathon Nov. 2013
Kat73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 06:29 AM   #40
skier_pete
DIS Veteran

The move back to 180 days was brought up first on Touring plans - maybe 2-3 weeks ago. Not that that makes it true either - just saying this guy from Utah might have got it from there...made up a date to go with it?

SkierPete

1971 - 1982 Many childhood trips May 1997 - Off-site w/ DGF (now DW) October 2000 - Off-site w/ DW - 1st AK
October 14-20,2006 - First on-site (POFQ), first w/ DD3 and DMIL. September 22-29, 2007 with freinds @ POFQ! August 23-31, 2008. Just us 3...dining for free!
December 12-20, 2009 - 40th Birthday trip! Trip Report April 20-25, 2010 - Short surprise trip for DD! Trip Report
October 15-25, 2010 @ AKL Trip Report!
November 11-20, 2011 - Free dining at CBR! PTR! and Trip Report
July/August 2012 Disneyland / Australia TripPTR "I choose to Be Amused" TR
The Disney Trifecta - a PTR for 2013. LINK Trip Reports - ABD: "A Fistful of Fastpasses" WDW: "For A Few Fastpasses More" DCL: "Once Upon a Time in the Carribean"

October 2014 Pre Trip Report- "Let us plan our Escape !" LINK
skier_pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 06:34 AM   #41
Unibits
Addicted to the Mouse!

buy sell charges on credit cards

Quote:
Originally Posted by queenie82 View Post
With no medical documentation from a doctor...are they likely to believe you even if it is true and remove the charge. And it is a major inconvenience (especially when currency conversion charges would mean you don't get a full refund)

In theory it sounds great....but there are a great deal of flaws in the concept of charging for ADRs to things other than shows and Cindy.
We had this same thing a few years back. We decided to get a US dollar credit card (we are Canadians) so that when a credit charge is "fixed" or credited we don't end up loosing anything on the exchange.

This also allows us to pay the bill without paying the convenience charge that all CC companies charge. We simply pay the bill with US currency when it arrives.
Unibits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 07:41 AM   #42
Condorman
& Laser Lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by queenie82 View Post
I'm all for a move back to 180days....although even if it were true it won't help with this December.

The only thing with taking a cc and charging for no shows is that there are times when you can be delayed or unable to come through no fault of your own (ie Disney transport stuffs up) or something happens like an illness etc.
For this reason we will make a couple extra ADRs for ones we REALLY want to do incase I get ill (I get ill every trip now at some point...and not just a sniffle)

Not to be a naysayer, but if Disney does they correctly, they wouldn't be accepting ANY reasons or excuses for missing an ADR. Not for anyone, not at anytime. Once word got out that all you had to say was someone in your party became ill, everyone would use that excuse. Likewise, if your flight was delayed coming in or Disney transportation broke down, the whole policy would be moot. Also, Disney can't ask for a doctor's note; the hassle alone, not to mention the legal ramifications would be a logistical disaster. The bottom line is, ADRs are not a necessity. Yes, we all know they are at certain times of the year, but you don't HAVE TO make them. You can always try as a walk-in if you're not sure you can make it.

Some people haven't noticed this, but in the past week alone, when using the online ADR system, a very long disclaimer (which used to be for CC-held ADRs only) has been added to appear on ALL ADRs. This disclaimer has actually been on the online site since it became available, however it wasn't appearing on the confirmation page or the confirmation e-mails until just this past week. This ADR was for Sci-Fi Dine-In, a (1) credit TS @ DHS:

-Transportation Time: Allow up to 1.5 hours to travel to your destination when traveling within Walt Disney World property.

- Most Walt Disney World Resort table-service restaurants that accept advance reservations can accommodate Kosher needs if requested at least 24 hours in advance by calling (407) WDW-DINE or (407) 939-3463. Guests under age 18 must have parent or guardian permission to call. A credit card is required to guarantee this meal; the full price of ordered meals will be charged if you cancel within one day of the reservation or are a "no show" for the reservation. At family-style or buffet locations, you will only receive one meal; does not include all-you-care-to-eat. You will be charged the regular buffet or all-you-care-to-eat price.

They're covering their tails by telling you to allow for 1.5 hours of travel time, as well as that a CC (maybe not now, but soon) will be required. I didn't have to put down a CC to make this ADR. However, a new box appeared stating that $0 payment had been made -- a box that has never appeared alongside this type of ADR before.

Something is happening.
Condorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 10:40 AM   #43
PiperGirlInWondrland
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Condorman View Post
At family-style or buffet locations, you will only receive one meal; does not include all-you-care-to-eat. You will be charged the regular buffet or all-you-care-to-eat price. [/B]
ok, I'm probably being dense here but what is this part of their disclaimer supposed to mean?
PiperGirlInWondrland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 11:13 AM   #44
WeLoveLilo05
DIS Veteran

Uuuuggggghh! (I feel like Charlie Brown trying to kick the football!)

We will be a big group in Aug 2010 and we are unsure of our dates and what not. I hope this is just a rumor and they stay with the 90 days....maybe make CRT and some of the bigger ones 180 again.

"Nothing is impossible, the word itself says "I'm Possible." ~ Audrey Hepburn

WeLoveLilo05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 11:17 AM   #45
WeLoveLilo05
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Condorman View Post
Not to be a naysayer, but if Disney does they correctly, they wouldn't be accepting ANY reasons or excuses for missing an ADR. Not for anyone, not at anytime. Once word got out that all you had to say was someone in your party became ill, everyone would use that excuse. Likewise, if your flight was delayed coming in or Disney transportation broke down, the whole policy would be moot. Also, Disney can't ask for a doctor's note; the hassle alone, not to mention the legal ramifications would be a logistical disaster. The bottom line is, ADRs are not a necessity. Yes, we all know they are at certain times of the year, but you don't HAVE TO make them. You can always try as a walk-in if you're not sure you can make it.

Some people haven't noticed this, but in the past week alone, when using the online ADR system, a very long disclaimer (which used to be for CC-held ADRs only) has been added to appear on ALL ADRs. This disclaimer has actually been on the online site since it became available, however it wasn't appearing on the confirmation page or the confirmation e-mails until just this past week. This ADR was for Sci-Fi Dine-In, a (1) credit TS @ DHS:

-Transportation Time: Allow up to 1.5 hours to travel to your destination when traveling within Walt Disney World property.

- Most Walt Disney World Resort table-service restaurants that accept advance reservations can accommodate Kosher needs if requested at least 24 hours in advance by calling (407) WDW-DINE or (407) 939-3463. Guests under age 18 must have parent or guardian permission to call. A credit card is required to guarantee this meal; the full price of ordered meals will be charged if you cancel within one day of the reservation or are a "no show" for the reservation. At family-style or buffet locations, you will only receive one meal; does not include all-you-care-to-eat. You will be charged the regular buffet or all-you-care-to-eat price.

They're covering their tails by telling you to allow for 1.5 hours of travel time, as well as that a CC (maybe not now, but soon) will be required. I didn't have to put down a CC to make this ADR. However, a new box appeared stating that $0 payment had been made -- a box that has never appeared alongside this type of ADR before.

Something is happening.
Wait, so now I need a CC no matter WHAT ADR I make? This is insane! Why would Disney do this? I could see if you don't call and cancel and never show up. But if I call an hour or 2 before my ADR and cancel, I am sure someone (a walk-in) will gobble up my spot, kwim?

"Nothing is impossible, the word itself says "I'm Possible." ~ Audrey Hepburn

WeLoveLilo05 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: