Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-07-2009, 11:14 PM   #1
Davey-D-99
DIS Veteran

Question Questions about Candlelight Processional Dinner at Epcot...

We are booked this December for 7 nights with DDP...While researching WDW during Christmas time I came across this page...
that talks about the Candlelight Processional dinner reservations at Epcot.
I'm very interested but I don't quite understand exactly what it is?
What are the different tiers? Do you get special seating for this show because you had a dinner reservation? Where does the show take place? Do you have to book the dinner package differently than a regular ADR with the DDP?
Davey-D-99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 11:24 PM   #2
Aimeedyan
Why get all excited about something as silly as a fake celebrity? Or getting a tag?
Jello is not meant to be chunky

They haven't released any info on the dinner packages yet this year (I'm anxiously waiting for it, too!) but this should give you info on last year's: http://allears.net/tp/h_cpfaq.htm
1982 & 1990 ~ trips as a child ~1997 ~ Caribbean Beach ~ 2002 ~ Vacation Home ~ 2003 ~ Stayed with Family ~ 2004 ~ Port Orleans Riverside ~2006 ~ Pop Century & Disney's Vero Beach ~ 2007 ~ Wilderness Lodge & Yacht Club ~ 2008 ~ Carnival Cruise & All Star Music ~ 2009 ~ All Star Sports & Downtown Hotel ~ 2009 ~ All Star Music, Comfort Inn & Boardwalk Villas
Aimeedyan is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-07-2009, 11:37 PM   #3
Davey-D-99
DIS Veteran

Thanks...That explains it perfectly.
Very excited to book this now, my DW especially since Andy Garcia is reading on the nights I was planning.
Old 08-08-2009, 09:12 AM   #4
RMulieri
DIS Veteran

As of now, the multiple Cms I have spoken to( and I have been calling weekly, sometimes multiple times) have all said that bookings will be at the 90 day mark.We should know something official soon, since the first 90 day mark will be approaching .
Old 08-08-2009, 04:48 PM   #5
Davey-D-99
DIS Veteran

Old 08-08-2009, 07:01 PM   #6
ms_missy66
Official WDW Addict

Just a quick mention - we did it last year and it was sooooo nice! If you can get reservations with guaranteed seating at the show, go for it. It's beautiful!

7/82, 7/88, 5/99, 5/04, 12/05, 9/07, 12/08, 8/09, 12/09, 6/10, 12/11, 12/12, 4/13, 10/14 (DCL) and looking forward to 1/15!
ms_missy66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 07:22 PM   #7
Davey-D-99
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Just a quick mention - we did it last year and it was sooooo nice! If you can get reservations with guaranteed seating at the show, go for it. It's beautiful!
I'm sure gonna try with a Tutto Italia reservation. Does anyone know if I will able to book this online when the time comes?
Will there be a special tab to reserve this online?
Old 08-09-2009, 08:33 PM   #8
Jenngoofys
Goofyjenn

Be careful with this. We did this dinner /show and once dinner was over our seating was filled because the dinner was to late so we sat out in the rain because once main seating filled and it was closer to the show time they open up reserved seating. And to make matters worse the person we signed up to see read canceled and at the time we booked we didnt realize it was a free show, so we payed to sit in the rain at a free show for someone we didnt want to see. I have to say it was not magical at all. Make sure when doing your reservation to book it early time wise so you get the good seats.

Jenngoofys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 10:04 PM   #9
TXmomX2
Earning My Ears

I'm interested in this also. I read the info on allears and noticed that the prices for seating 1 were listed as lunch. Does this mean that we can have an ADR for lunch earlier in the day and still get tickets for the Candle Processional or does your ADR have to be during a certain time frame to take advantage of this package?
TXmomX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 10:55 PM   #10
EMom
Comes from a long line of all fork hole pokers
I had the auburn haired Chrissy doll whose hair grew. She lost most of it in an incense fire. Don't ask

When you pay for this, can you "mix it up"? Meaning, can you use 2 TS dining credits and pay OOP for a 3rd person?
EMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 09:30 AM   #11
Davey-D-99
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Does anyone know if I will able to book this online when the time comes?
Will there be a special tab to reserve this online?
Quote:
I'm interested in this also. I read the info on allears and noticed that the prices for seating 1 were listed as lunch. Does this mean that we can have an ADR for lunch earlier in the day and still get tickets for the Candle Processional or does your ADR have to be during a certain time frame to take advantage of this package?
Quote:
When you pay for this, can you "mix it up"? Meaning, can you use 2 TS dining credits and pay OOP for a 3rd person?
Anybody?
Old 08-10-2009, 10:53 AM   #12
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenngoofys View Post
Be careful with this. We did this dinner /show and once dinner was over our seating was filled because the dinner was to late so we sat out in the rain because once main seating filled and it was closer to the show time they open up reserved seating. And to make matters worse the person we signed up to see read canceled and at the time we booked we didnt realize it was a free show, so we payed to sit in the rain at a free show for someone we didnt want to see. I have to say it was not magical at all. Make sure when doing your reservation to book it early time wise so you get the good seats.
Knowledge is a wonderful thing. It would seem that you didn't do research before going....particular narrators are never a 'sure thing'....stuff happens and they have to change narrators all the time. Seating is only sort of reserved. Those with the CP dinner package are allowed into the theater about 15-20 mins (usually closer to 15) before the show starts. Then, about 8 mins before it starts, those in the standby line are allowed in. There is no special 'reserved' seating area...it's basically first come, first served.
It makes no difference what time your meal is...you tell the rep at DD what show and restaurant you want, and they will give you an appropriate time for your meal.
I'm sorry you didn't enjoy your evening and felt that you didn't get what you paid for. Hopefully, others can learn from your experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davey-D-99 View Post
Anybody?
No one knows for sure if you'll be able to book the CP package online as of right now. No way to tell.
As far as lunch ADRs go....when booking the 5:00 CP show, you will be given a lunch time ADR. For the middle and late shows, you will be given a dinner ADR. That's just the way the system works.
And I really don't know if you can mix it up as far as paying for the CP. I usually use my DDP credits for it...as do those in my group. No one has ever tried to pay OOP while others use the DDP credits.
goofy4tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 11:36 AM   #13
tkldisney
DIS Veteran

The 90 day window for the first CP is 8/29, so fast approaching. I hope they set a date before that to book, or not allow applying the +10, which will make it fair to everyone if you can only book at the 90 day mark.
tkldisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 08:54 PM   #14
Davey-D-99
DIS Veteran

Quote:
The 90 day window for the first CP is 8/29, so fast approaching. I hope they set a date before that to book, or not allow applying the +10, which will make it fair to everyone if you can only book at the 90 day mark.
Thanks I will keep an eye on that date...My 90 day ADR date is Sept. 10th...
Old 08-10-2009, 09:53 PM   #15
DISNEY1975
DIS Veteran

Dec 2008

We did this last year and here is how my day went....

We had 5:35 reservations at Le Cellier with 8:15 tickets for CCP. Disney makes you reserve 3 hours early for your package. If we wanted the earlier show, we would have had a lunch reservation.

We got to Le Cellier and were told it would be a short wait. Long story short, we were seated at 6:50. Our waitress was awesome and knew we were in a ruch for the show so took our orders and got our food rather quickly. We were out of there by 8:00. Great...15 minutes till show time, we have tickets..no problems.

Wrong....

Le Cellier is probably the farthest restaurant from the show. maybe I took the long way, but we started towards the UK. I dont know if heading left towards Mexico would have helped.

Being stuffed from dinner and having to jog a mile was not fun. We also learned people had been lined up for an hour before the show started. We were the last people to arrive. I got a corner seat all the way in the back behind a tree.

Lessons learned......

Eat as close to the American pavillion as possible. If the CM has you boiok dining earlier than uyou would like, plan the rest of your day around that. The earlier the better.

The show is amazing. The narrator (Mr peterman from Seinfeld..dont remember his real name..John something) was fabulous.

Enjoy!

Polynesian - 1975 / Contemporary - 1977 / Grosvenor - 1978 / Vistana - 1980 / Polynesian - 1982 / Hilton WDW - 1984 / Buena Vista Palace - 1985 / Contemporary - 1987 / Intl Dr - 1989 / Yacht Club - 1991 / Polynesian - 1993 / Boardwalk - 1995 / Wilderness Lodge - 1998 / Carribean - 1999 / Intl Dr - 2001 / Yacht Club - 2003 / Boardwalk - 2005 / Animal Kingdom Lodge - 2006 / Contemporary - 2008 / Polynesian - 2010 / Port Orleans FQ - 2011
DISNEY1975 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: