Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 09-17-2009, 03:25 PM   #1426
katieandmattsmom
Mouseketeer
 
katieandmattsmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Gold Bar, Washington
Posts: 438

Are the newbies able to get the design or buy the tink tshirts still? I would love one.

Steakhouse 55 sounds great to me!
katieandmattsmom is offline  
Old 09-17-2009, 03:34 PM   #1427
lulubelle
I am Miss Klutz Woman
We could seriously have a Pirate Party in there!
As far as pants go, we were not allowed to wear them
 
lulubelle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Rancho Belago, CA
Posts: 5,176

Definitely count me in for Steakhouse 55.

I have had that chorizo burrito and let me just say it was sinfully delicious and easily shared. Half of it with half of a side of fruit would be perfect and I am a pretty big eater. I hope it's open on a Monday - I really want to eat there. It's elegant and fairly quiet, us Diva's could take the place over!

As far as shirts, I love RED (and NO Cristabel, you do not look like the Kool-Aid man!), I am surprised it's not such a popular color with you ladies.

I know some of us are not wearing tie-dye (...me...), but would be up for a solid color shirt with a swatch or patch of tie-dye. Does anyone know what I mean?
__________________

DH~You will forever be in my heart
lulubelle is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 09-17-2009, 03:37 PM   #1428
lulubelle
I am Miss Klutz Woman
We could seriously have a Pirate Party in there!
As far as pants go, we were not allowed to wear them
 
lulubelle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Rancho Belago, CA
Posts: 5,176

Quote:
Originally Posted by katieandmattsmom View Post
Are the newbies able to get the design or buy the tink tshirts still? I would love one.

Steakhouse 55 sounds great to me!
You know, I am not sure. I ordered mine on zazzle (sp ?) last year and it is too small for me now (yes, I am a bonafide fatty girl) and probably would want to order another one. Does anyone know if they are still available?
__________________

DH~You will forever be in my heart
lulubelle is offline  
Old 09-17-2009, 05:09 PM   #1429
kelmac284
I wish I lived near one of the parks so I could go anytime I wanted
He was so enamoured with her...
 
kelmac284's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: CA
Posts: 4,493

Well I just ran and met mom for lunch and other than a CRAZED maniac that tried to run me over (sheesh) ROAD RAGE MUCH! We booked our room for Feb!!

I was sitting at a red light getting ready to make a right turn and it was NOT clear. Not to mention the ONLY ticket I have ever gotten in my life (which I JUST got this past year) was for turning on red. The cop said I didn't stop but I did but anyway I got a ticket and it was 500!!! So needless to say ever since I have been VERY cautious about turning and I always make VERY sure it is clear and that I have stopped the necessary amount of time. Well this IDIOT behind me came FLYING up on my bumper and then when I didn't go IMMEDIATELY he starts honking. Well of course I ignored him cuz I COULDN'T go and then when it was clear I DID go and then he flies up next to me and then slows down and rolls down his window and starts SCREAMING at me. I was like whatever dude. So then I slow down and HE slows down. So I speed up and same thing. He then starts weaving into my lane like he is going to hit me. I am like WHAT is your gig you idiot! First you expect me to pull out in FRONT of oncoming traffic ON a red light and then you get mad at me when I don't. Then you start SCREAMING at me. You crazy lunatic. So I put my phone up to my ear and motioned to him that I was calling the cops and then he really starts coming at me. I started freaking out cuz I was afraid he was going to follow me into the restaurant parking lot but luckily he didn't. IF he would have slowed down or pulled up enough for me to get his license number I WOULD have called the cops on him but I never was able to. SHEESH!

But anyway that really got me riled up but anyway I finally calmed down and met mom and we called the DL hotel operator and we had been looking into the DL hotel but when we called a few weeks ago it was like 200 something a night but apparently in just this short amount of time it had gone up so now we are staying at Paradise Pier. Honestly I wouldn't pay that much for just a room but mom really wants to stay "on property". SOOO that's where we are staying this time. It will be nice to be close to DTD for the nights we go to Napa Rose and Steakhouse 55! I have never stayed there nor have I even been IN that hotel so I am looking forward to it! We may have to get a cab though for the night of the meet and greet cuz I don't think mom can walk all that way LOL.

But that is one more thing done! So I am excited! One step closer!
__________________

DL 1st trip 76 last trip 3/14 next trip ??
DW 1st trip 5/02 last trip 11/10 next trip ??
kelmac284 is offline  
Old 09-17-2009, 05:17 PM   #1430
disney-inspired

Disney on the brain 24/7/365!
*grumble* stupid cm *grumble*
 
disney-inspired's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: 58.6 miles from Disneyland
Posts: 4,300

Quote:
Originally Posted by BC Disney Lover View Post
Good Morning Everyone!

I went to see Keith Urban last night who was great but I didn't get home until 1am. I got to work at 7:30am this morning then realized I don't work until noon

Welcome Shirley, I'm a new Diva too!
That must have been an unpleasant realization!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyFan View Post

I just saw the forcast for San Jose, and it is going to be climbing thru the 90s and into the 100s during te next week. It rained last weekend! So wierd.
Whenever I hear these crazy, unpredictable temperatures I just say "well, we do live in California".

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommaU4 View Post
Good morning all you gorgeous Divas!! No, I'm not on anything, just been up since 5:30 and have way too much energy!!!

Noelle won student of the month at her school, so I took Ruben to work so I can have the van to go have a special lunch with her. You can win that award either through academics, or actions (kindness, etc) and she won it for both. This is me beaming with pride. And this is me totally confused because I don't know where she gets it from!!! lol
Hmmm, must be from her friends


Quote:
Originally Posted by mommaU4 View Post
OKay, all this talk of Steakhouse 55 has me sold on it! I love breakfast, so anyone up for a breakfast there on Monday? (It's one of the few days we don't have an early morning activity or tour)
I could totally devour either of these:
Huevos Rancheros - Two fresh eggs, corn tortillas, cheese and black beans with fresh pico de gallo, guacamole and sour cream. $12.00

Sunrise Burrito - Scrambled fresh eggs, chorizo, potatoes and cheese in a flour tortilla with fresh pico de gallo, guacamole and sour cream on the side. $12.00
YUM!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm down!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrappy_Tink View Post
Hi Divas! Wow, I blinked, and the thread grew by 5 pages! Thank you all for the warm welcome!

I spoke with my DH last night about the Diva's Doing Disney, and he was so supportive (actually, I think he was a little relieved that I might get a Dis fix without having to be dragged along! ) So now it's just up to me.

I just love the idea of meeting new friends that have my major affection (or should I say "infliction") in common...though at the same time, a little scarey and very out-of-character to do something like this.

I'm in the middle of an inspection at work right now, so things have been rather wild...I'm going to have to wait till things calm down before I make any decisions. But I didn't want you guys to think I just came to this thread on a whim and then forgot about it.

I hope you all have a "Magical Day", as they say at Disney. I really look forward to getting to know you all better

Kelly
It'll be great, just wait and see! I, too was nervous on my first Divas trip because it was my first time driving to Disneyland alone and then rooming with complete strangers but it was great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lulubelle View Post

As far as shirts, I love RED (and NO Cristabel, you do not look like the Kool-Aid man!), I am surprised it's not such a popular color with you ladies.
Blue is my color!

They sell really cute, partially tie dyed shirts at DL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lulubelle View Post
You know, I am not sure. I ordered mine on zazzle (sp ?) last year and it is too small for me now (yes, I am a bonafide fatty girl) and probably would want to order another one. Does anyone know if they are still available?
Mine shrank it fits but it's kinda short now.
__________________
disney-inspired is offline  
Old 09-17-2009, 05:47 PM   #1431
BillyFan
My white-trashiest chefy moment ever
I, for one have had a Billy Hill Buzz more once
And thanks so much for warming up the boyfriend for us
 
BillyFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 2,099

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommaU4 View Post
Good morning all you gorgeous Divas!! No, I'm not on anything, just been up since 5:30 and have way too much energy!!!

Noelle won student of the month at her school, so I took Ruben to work so I can have the van to go have a special lunch with her. You can win that award either through academics, or actions (kindness, etc) and she won it for both. This is me beaming with pride. And this is me totally confused because I don't know where she gets it from!!! lol
Congrats to Noelle! Great job, Momma!!!!


Quote:
Originally Posted by kelmac284 View Post
Well I just ran and met mom for lunch and other than a CRAZED maniac that tried to run me over (sheesh) ROAD RAGE MUCH! We booked our room for Feb!!

I was sitting at a red light getting ready to make a right turn and it was NOT clear. Not to mention the ONLY ticket I have ever gotten in my life (which I JUST got this past year) was for turning on red. The cop said I didn't stop but I did but anyway I got a ticket and it was 500!!! So needless to say ever since I have been VERY cautious about turning and I always make VERY sure it is clear and that I have stopped the necessary amount of time. Well this IDIOT behind me came FLYING up on my bumper and then when I didn't go IMMEDIATELY he starts honking. Well of course I ignored him cuz I COULDN'T go and then when it was clear I DID go and then he flies up next to me and then slows down and rolls down his window and starts SCREAMING at me. I was like whatever dude. So then I slow down and HE slows down. So I speed up and same thing. He then starts weaving into my lane like he is going to hit me. I am like WHAT is your gig you idiot! First you expect me to pull out in FRONT of oncoming traffic ON a red light and then you get mad at me when I don't. Then you start SCREAMING at me. You crazy lunatic. So I put my phone up to my ear and motioned to him that I was calling the cops and then he really starts coming at me. I started freaking out cuz I was afraid he was going to follow me into the restaurant parking lot but luckily he didn't. IF he would have slowed down or pulled up enough for me to get his license number I WOULD have called the cops on him but I never was able to. SHEESH!

But anyway that really got me riled up but anyway I finally calmed down and met mom and we called the DL hotel operator and we had been looking into the DL hotel but when we called a few weeks ago it was like 200 something a night but apparently in just this short amount of time it had gone up so now we are staying at Paradise Pier. Honestly I wouldn't pay that much for just a room but mom really wants to stay "on property". SOOO that's where we are staying this time. It will be nice to be close to DTD for the nights we go to Napa Rose and Steakhouse 55! I have never stayed there nor have I even been IN that hotel so I am looking forward to it! We may have to get a cab though for the night of the meet and greet cuz I don't think mom can walk all that way LOL.

But that is one more thing done! So I am excited! One step closer!

OMG, Kelly, that is so scary! You should have just called 911.
And yay for booking your room! I booked my Hojo's room already, too.
Unfortunately, Marty's birthday is in the middle of our trip, so I'm not sure how I'm going to work that one just quite yet.
__________________

BillyFan is offline  
Old 09-17-2009, 06:14 PM   #1432
grumpyvet
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,577

t shirts

I love when we match to some extent. It really makes it easier to keep together and find each other in the parks. I will go with whatever anyone picks!!

Red worked, but so would any others!!! I am not much of a t shirt person, other than when at the parks, so loved getting a red polo last year. It worked.

FOr the anti-tye die people, you could do a minimal tye-dye type look with a mickey stencil and either spray inside the stencil or outside it.

The black or brown shirts could be made the same way with the castle outline or mickey with spray glitter paint.

uh oh, there I go all crafty again.


AMY Oh, and I love the pirate/princess design. Like it much better than somethng cutesie!!!
grumpyvet is offline  
Old 09-17-2009, 06:30 PM   #1433
LittleBlackRaincloud
It's a disguise, not an attitude
Should wear a sun shirt for the next trip
Is haunted by visions of Elvis in the Mansion
All this talk has my uterus in a bunch!
 
LittleBlackRaincloud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Arizona
Posts: 2,029

I love red, and will happily wear it. I think it looks sharp and shows confidence.

I'm not a huge design type person either, and honestly didn't do the tink shirt last year. I ended up wearing a plain white shirt. I just couldn't get into it. (Half the problem was that I didn't want to iron on, and the men's shirt choked me.)

I'm more than happy to do whatever you all decide. If you all decide to do the pirate princess design, I will do my best to get the wording how we like it. I can not do much with the design though. I know when it was mentioned before several folks kept asking for different changes to be made to the design, but I just can't change it. I'm not that good. So, that's my warning about it. I love it, but really only the wording can be customized.
__________________

Our Family: DH-Bruce , Me-Heather , DS7-Nathan , DS6-Nolan , DD4-Natalie
LittleBlackRaincloud is offline  
Old 09-17-2009, 06:45 PM   #1434
MotoXPrincess99
Yep, mine is new too
I just googled
Drive-by girl
Today is a GOOD DAY!
 
MotoXPrincess99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: 89 miles from the Happiest Place on Earth
Posts: 5,634

Quote:
Originally Posted by lulubelle View Post
Definitely count me in for Steakhouse 55.

I have had that chorizo burrito and let me just say it was sinfully delicious and easily shared. Half of it with half of a side of fruit would be perfect and I am a pretty big eater. I hope it's open on a Monday - I really want to eat there. It's elegant and fairly quiet, us Diva's could take the place over!

As far as shirts, I love RED (and NO Cristabel, you do not look like the Kool-Aid man!), I am surprised it's not such a popular color with you ladies.

I know some of us are not wearing tie-dye (...me...), but would be up for a solid color shirt with a swatch or patch of tie-dye. Does anyone know what I mean?
My mom and I are getting ones like this
__________________
MotoXPrincess99 is offline  
Old 09-17-2009, 06:50 PM   #1435
kelmac284
I wish I lived near one of the parks so I could go anytime I wanted
He was so enamoured with her...
 
kelmac284's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: CA
Posts: 4,493

I only prefer to "buy" a shirt because my printer is really old and while it still prints black and white just fine it doesn't really print color stuff well. It makes lines through all the pictures really badly and I would hate to waste the iron on transfers trying to get it right. Not to mention the last time I tried to do an iron on when Shane was in Iraq it wrinkled up on me and was crooked and I REALLY would prefer NOT to do it on a t-shirt where it had to look "good" if you know what I mean LOL. I did it on some pillow cases for shane when he was deployed and if it was crooked it was no big deal. But I would hate to buy a shirt and then if it was messed up then the shirt AND the transfers are wasted. That is why I would rather just have one made.
__________________

DL 1st trip 76 last trip 3/14 next trip ??
DW 1st trip 5/02 last trip 11/10 next trip ??
kelmac284 is offline  
Old 09-17-2009, 06:53 PM   #1436
Queenbillabong
Second to the right and straight on til morning
Just like melted butter
We may need a table by the loo
 
Queenbillabong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Beautiful BC
Posts: 4,270

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoXPrincess99 View Post
My mom and I are getting ones like this
You're getting the shirts from Cassie?? Cute! I'm getting a similar one, but it will be brown and pink, like I had posted before. I think it's good because it's a bit tie dye, but not in your face hippie tie dye (no offense to those who like the in your face tie dye )


Hi Shirley, welcome!! I'm sure you'll fit in just fine and you don't sound crazy to me Big hugs on what you're going through. I know it must be so difficult.......


FWIW - I like the red shirts and I think they're perfect for doing the PFF. I found the red really easy to find people in my group. I'm not a fan of wearing red personally, but I'll do it with the group

I also like the idea of the group shirt being brown or black with something simple like the castle outlined in glitter (I'm a glitter girl too!)
__________________
Queenbillabong is offline  
Old 09-17-2009, 07:29 PM   #1437
disney-inspired

Disney on the brain 24/7/365!
*grumble* stupid cm *grumble*
 
disney-inspired's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: 58.6 miles from Disneyland
Posts: 4,300

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoXPrincess99 View Post
My mom and I are getting ones like this
very cute!
__________________
disney-inspired is offline  
Old 09-17-2009, 07:57 PM   #1438
PrincessDuck
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: OHIO
Posts: 521

Okay, the shirt is really cute.....but, I just want the body and the tata's! I guess you are getting to know me now!

Speaking of crazy people in a car...my 3 week old car that I have not even made a payment had to be towed to the body shop. This 89 year old man did not even stop and yield at a roundabout and plowed into me at 35 mph. I am so upset right now. I now have a rental car and hate it! It feels like a big boat compared to my car. We went to get the rental car and I cried all the way home. I think that it finally hit me that my new car was gone for quite awhile. It is a MINI Cooper Clubman and the parts will most likely have to come from europe. It is pretty bad. I am hoping that I can just get a brand new car instead of patching this one up!

Well, I am off to take some Motrin and get some sleep. Hopefully I will wake up tomorrow with a better take on this.

Daisy
PrincessDuck is offline  
Old 09-17-2009, 08:29 PM   #1439
BillyFan
My white-trashiest chefy moment ever
I, for one have had a Billy Hill Buzz more once
And thanks so much for warming up the boyfriend for us
 
BillyFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 2,099

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenbillabong View Post
You're getting the shirts from Cassie?? Cute! I'm getting a similar one, but it will be brown and pink, like I had posted before. I think it's good because it's a bit tie dye, but not in your face hippie tie dye (no offense to those who like the in your face tie dye )
I think I may copy you Theresa.


Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessDuck View Post
Okay, the shirt is really cute.....but, I just want the body and the tata's! I guess you are getting to know me now!

Speaking of crazy people in a car...my 3 week old car that I have not even made a payment had to be towed to the body shop. This 89 year old man did not even stop and yield at a roundabout and plowed into me at 35 mph. I am so upset right now. I now have a rental car and hate it! It feels like a big boat compared to my car. We went to get the rental car and I cried all the way home. I think that it finally hit me that my new car was gone for quite awhile. It is a MINI Cooper Clubman and the parts will most likely have to come from europe. It is pretty bad. I am hoping that I can just get a brand new car instead of patching this one up!

Well, I am off to take some Motrin and get some sleep. Hopefully I will wake up tomorrow with a better take on this.

Daisy

Oh no! That's a total bummer, and I'm so sorry that happened to you!
__________________

BillyFan is offline  
Old 09-17-2009, 08:30 PM   #1440
jordansmomma
DebbieLouWho WendyLouWho's sister
I would so be in...but I am not climbing on top
The cheap & free ones are not that bad
 
jordansmomma's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Desert Oasis, Washington
Posts: 4,638

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoXPrincess99 View Post
My mom and I are getting ones like this

This is super cute Sarah!!


Hi Shirley welcome!

I have my laptop back finally from Dell!

How is everyone?

Cheryl it sounds like you and Dawn are having an amazing time this week.
How is fondue? I have always wanted to try the melting pot but just haven't yet.

School starts on Monday. I am so excited!
__________________
jordansmomma is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
There is NO random dancing at Disney! A June TR *NEW 9/19 *FINAL THOUGHTS* cjackearl Completed Trip Reports 717 10-04-2009 08:02 AM
I have a headache from planning this trip and could use some opinions please! Epcot4Me Disney World Tips 12 08-12-2009 03:44 AM
Mean Teen Girls Vent Update page 9 JoiseyMom Community Board 135 08-12-2009 02:48 AM
*Girls DL Trip* OLD THREAD mommaU4 Disneyland (California) 3678 08-08-2009 10:30 AM
planning? Lesleyluvsdisney Disneyland (California) 14 08-07-2009 10:04 PM

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:36 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: