Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-17-2009, 10:55 AM   #1411
prettyprincessbelle
I'm just excited for the BBQ! Yum YUM!
Pots and pans? Seriously?!

Good morning ladies!

Welcome Shirley! You're going to have so much fun!

All the t-shirt colors/days are totally fine. Now I know the colors so my Mom and I can shop ahead of time!

The same with food. Whatever everyone decides is fine!
Old 09-17-2009, 10:59 AM   #1412
anut4disney
Just call me bashful

Thank you for the very warm welcome.

Thank you for your thoughts regarding dh. I am reading a book called "Good Grief" and saw this paragraph and thought of ya'll.

To help ourselves through such a period when we can think of nothing but our loss, we must be open to new and different human relationships. At a time like this all we want to do is run away from life. The last thing we care to do is to try anything new. We can think of a hundred different reasons why we prefer to stay home and be gloomy rather than go out and be forced to be nice to people and think new thoughts. Such an attitude is natural; it is to be expected. We must not, however, wallow in our gloom, for it will only prolong our grief work. And to work through grief is very hard work!

I do believe that ya'll are my new and different relationships, hope that doesn't scare you to death.

Raymond (aka Grumpy).
Wonderful husband, father and grandfather.
You are in our hearts forever.

Last edited by anut4disney; 09-17-2009 at 06:24 PM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-17-2009, 11:19 AM   #1413
BC Disney Lover
Diva Prankster

Good Morning Everyone!

I went to see Keith Urban last night who was great but I didn't get home until 1am. I got to work at 7:30am this morning then realized I don't work until noon

Welcome Shirley, I'm a new Diva too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelmac284 View Post
As far as the shirts go, the colors don't matter to me, I am up for whatever. But as far as the one we pick for our theme I just hope we pick something that can be ordered cuz I am SO not crafty! If I have to make something it is going to be ugly I know that LOL. I really liked being able to order it. That's my only request. Otherwise I am open to anything. I go with the flow!
Kelly, I made shirts for our trip last November, and they turned out great. I'm not crafty at all so if I can do it, anyone can!

I love Heathers design but I'm open to anything, especially if it replaces the red shirts
Old 09-17-2009, 11:39 AM   #1414
BillyFan
My white-trashiest chefy moment ever
I, for one have had a Billy Hill Buzz more once
And thanks so much for warming up the boyfriend for us

Good morning ladies!

I feel like I have been running for days, and I can't wit until my job is done today, because I have the whole weekend off!!!!!
We are going to see David Cross in San Francisco tomorrow night, and I'm pretty excited about that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoMickey View Post
Hi Tina - what's cooking???
Hey Vicki!
Yesterday I had my personal chef job, so I made 17 dishes for a family to eat during the week. And then we catered a burrito/nacho/salad bar for a group at the local miniture golf place last night. It was so yummy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommaU4 View Post

And what do you mean black or brown??? Come on, add some color girl! I bet you'd look hot in red.
You should see my closet. A stack of brown, a stack of black and a couple of green and blue tops.
I'm not too flashy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney-inspired View Post
Good night!
Mini meet in 3 days!
So jealous!!!!!!!

I just saw the forcast for San Jose, and it is going to be climbing thru the 90s and into the 100s during te next week. It rained last weekend! So wierd.

Old 09-17-2009, 12:12 PM   #1415
mommaU4

The one who started it - DIS ladies do DLR
Well, I never said I wasn't insane. I just don't want them thinking that

Good morning all you gorgeous Divas!! No, I'm not on anything, just been up since 5:30 and have way too much energy!!!

Noelle won student of the month at her school, so I took Ruben to work so I can have the van to go have a special lunch with her. You can win that award either through academics, or actions (kindness, etc) and she won it for both. This is me beaming with pride. And this is me totally confused because I don't know where she gets it from!!! lol
Old 09-17-2009, 12:13 PM   #1416
mommaU4

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenDoOver View Post
It serves as a reminder that our paths are unknown to us and to live and love today, as who knows what tomorrow will bring.
Amen. Truer words were never spoken.

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney-inspired View Post
Mini meet in 3 days!
Lucky gals!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelmac284 View Post
Oh and as for Steakhouse 55, mom and I have eaten there before as well and we very much enjoyed it! It was YUM! Again whatever you guys decide we are pretty much up for!
OKay, all this talk of Steakhouse 55 has me sold on it! I love breakfast, so anyone up for a breakfast there on Monday? (It's one of the few days we don't have an early morning activity or tour)
I could totally devour either of these:
Huevos Rancheros - Two fresh eggs, corn tortillas, cheese and black beans with fresh pico de gallo, guacamole and sour cream. $12.00

Sunrise Burrito - Scrambled fresh eggs, chorizo, potatoes and cheese in a flour tortilla with fresh pico de gallo, guacamole and sour cream on the side. $12.00
YUM!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-17-2009, 12:14 PM   #1417
mommaU4

Quote:
Originally Posted by anut4disney View Post
At a time like this all we want to do is run away from life. The last thing we care to do is to try anything new. We can think of a hundred different reasons why we prefer to stay home and be gloomy rather than go out and be forced to be nice to people and think new thoughts.
Honestly, I cannot imagine what you are going through and that is exactly what I'd probably want to do. I'm so glad that you are coming and opening yourself up to the chance to meet this great group of ladies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BC Disney Lover View Post
I love Heathers design but I'm open to anything, especially if it replaces the red shirts
What's with all the red haters?? Well, I didn't pick the red so if y'all wanna replace it, it's fine by me. But we'll probably never find a color every single person likes or looks good in.
I will say that if we end up with two shirts to buy or make, I'll probably only do one. I gotta watch my budget for this trip and frankly new clothes isn't part of my budget.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyFan View Post
You should see my closet. A stack of brown, a stack of black and a couple of green and blue tops.
I'm not too flashy!
Oh, I bet you are. You just need someone to bring it out in you. Let Stacerita take you shopping! She got me to buy a dress for the first time in probably 10-12 years!!!!!!!
Old 09-17-2009, 12:21 PM   #1418
mommaU4

Tours

One more thing before I go regarding the tours. This is the first time we've had little to no interest in the tours. Seems many of us have done them before, so that's understandable.

We have a couple new ladies this year and if any of you are interested in the tours someone will have to volunteer to book it. In my last post regarding this I apologize for not making it clear that booking also involves paying as the tours need to be paid for with a credit card at time of booking.

The way we've done it previously is whom ever is in charge of booking sends a PM to all those signed up with her address and they can send a check ahead of time so she will have the funds up front. If anyone signs up, but doesn't send out their check in time, they are not included in the tour reservation. Simple as that.

If we can't get anyone to make the reservations then I suppose we'll just take the tours off the schedule for this year.

Just an FYI for those who were interested in the tours.

Alrighty, talk to y'all later. Have a great day!!!
Old 09-17-2009, 12:33 PM   #1419
mommaU4

Just bringing this up from the front as I like to do every now and then so it can be reviewed and any mistakes or anything I left out can be added. So if you see anything, let me know! Wanna keep it current. Thanks gals.
I added the t-shirt colors next to the day to make it easier. Oh, and I say t-shirt but really it can be anything in that color. Sweatshirt, sweater, tee, tank, whatever depending on your style and the weather.

SCHEDULE

Thursday (lime green tee)
Arrival day ~ All arriving at various times
Those arriving in time for lunch, meet for a counter service lunch at the Rancho del Zocalo patio followed by group ride on Pirates (time TBD)
Dinner will be at the Meet and Greet like last time.

Friday (red tee)
Princess Fantasy Faire followed by group ride on Small World (wear your tiaras)
Walk in Walt's Footsteps tour
Lunch: Ariel's Princess lunch (don't forget to wear your tiaras for this too!)
Dinner: Carnation Cafe

Saturday (new group tee)
Scavenger Hunt followed by group ride on the train
Late Lunch: Cafe Orleans (and Club 33 for a lucky few thanks to Heather!!)
Dinner: Napa Rose OR a counter service in the park OR a DTD restaurant

Sunday (tie dye tee)
Segway Tour
House of Blues Gospel Brunch??
Cove Bar for drinks followed by a group drawing at the Animation Station

Monday (last years Tink tee or plain white tee)
Breakfast: Steakhouse 55???
Lunch: Wine Country Trattoria followed by a group ride on Soarin
Blue Bayou for dessert in the evening

Tuesday (blue tee)
Departure Day
Farewell Breakfast: Mimi's Cafe
Old 09-17-2009, 12:35 PM   #1420
lulubelle
I am Miss Klutz Woman
We could seriously have a Pirate Party in there!
As far as pants go, we were not allowed to wear them

Quote:
Thank you for the very warm welcome.

Thank you for your thoughts regarding dh. I am reading a book called "Good Grief" and saw this paragraph and thought of ya'll.

To help ourselves through such a period when we can think of nothing but our loss, we must be open to new and different human relationships. At a time like this all we want to do is run away from life. The last thing we care to do is to try anything new. We can think of a hundred different reasons why we prefer to stay home and be gloomy rather than go out and be forced to be nice to people and think new thoughts. Such an attitude is
natural; it is to be expected. We must not, however, wallow in our gloom, for it will only prolong our grief work. And to work through grief is very hard work!

I do believe that ya'll are my new and different relationships, hope that doesn't scare you to death.
Hi Shirley - welcome to our group!
I like your quote above and agree. I cannot imagine how difficult it must be for you, but offer friendship and hugs. As everyone has said, we are a fun & nutty but great group of women. I can't wait to meet you and boy are we gonna have fun with a DL virgin.

DH~You will forever be in my heart
Old 09-17-2009, 12:39 PM   #1421
lulubelle
I am Miss Klutz Woman
We could seriously have a Pirate Party in there!
As far as pants go, we were not allowed to wear them

Quote:
Good morning all you gorgeous Divas!! No, I'm not on anything, just been up since 5:30 and have way too much energy!!!

Noelle won student of the month at her school, so I took Ruben to work so I can have the van to go have a special lunch with her. You can win that award either through academics, or actions (kindness, etc) and she won it for both. This is me beaming with pride. And this is me totally confused because I don't know where she gets it from!!! lol
Congrats to Noelle! Don't you just love it when your child does something amazing and you feel like "wow, I must be doing something right!?".

DH~You will forever be in my heart
Old 09-17-2009, 02:24 PM   #1422
anut4disney
Just call me bashful

Quote:

Yeah to Noelle.

Raymond (aka Grumpy).
Wonderful husband, father and grandfather.
You are in our hearts forever.

Old 09-17-2009, 02:46 PM   #1423
stacielee
Why do I go to Disneyland? BECAUSE I CAN!!

Quote:
OKay, all this talk of Steakhouse 55 has me sold on it! I love breakfast, so anyone up for a breakfast there on Monday? (It's one of the few days we don't have an early morning activity or tour)
Huevos Rancheros - Two fresh eggs, corn tortillas, cheese and black beans with fresh pico de gallo, guacamole and sour cream. $12.00

Sunrise Burrito - Scrambled fresh eggs, chorizo, potatoes and cheese in a flour tortilla with fresh pico de gallo, guacamole and sour cream on the side. $12.00
YUM!!!!!!!!!!!
Sounds so good! I'll be there!!

Congrats on Noelle! I know how you feel... Sometimes Allyson's (or my other kids' teachers) will say something about one of the kids and I'll say, "Are you sure you're talking about MY kid??"
Old 09-17-2009, 03:00 PM   #1424
toocherie

By the way, the foregoing is not LEGAL advice
I'm also easy--it says so on all the bathroom walls

Quote:
Hello Ladies.

Let me introduce myself, my name is Shirley and I am a DIS Diva wanna be. I am also a Disneyland virgin. I was almost 2 when it was built and always wanted to go there.
Hi Shirley--welcome to this crazy group! And you are not a wanna-be--you are a Diva woman! Live it!

BTW, I had a similar experience to yours with cancer--though not someone quite as close. My administrative assistant also had emergency surgery and was diagnosed with cancer Memorial Day weekend and died July 25th. I still admit I'm somewhat in shock from that so I can't imagine what you are going through. But know that this is a great group of ladies--one of the group is staying with me right now and we are having such a great time together!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommaU4;33607764
Thanks Cheryl! Sounds like you are having a really fun time with Dawn and everyone. I'm happy to hear that and I do hope someone is taking pics! :)[/QUOTE
Ummm---oops. We'll take pics this weekend. We did take pics of the Napa Rose dinner. But we forgot the food.

Last night Dawn and my Mom and I went to the Melting Pot--a fondue restaurant--it was so much fun and yummy and dinner took THREE hours! We were so full we rolled out of the place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyFan View Post
Oh my gosh, Cristabel! You're crazy, girl!!!! But I most likely won't wear red either.
I bet Billy likes red.

Quote:

Yeah, right! We can't IMAGINE where she gets it.

Way to go Noelle!

YUM!!!!!!!!!!!
I almost had one of those but went with the "safe" choice--I'll probably try one next time. Probably the one with chorizo.

Old 09-17-2009, 03:16 PM   #1425
Scrappy_Tink
DIS Veteran

Hi Divas! Wow, I blinked, and the thread grew by 5 pages! Thank you all for the warm welcome!

I spoke with my DH last night about the Diva's Doing Disney, and he was so supportive (actually, I think he was a little relieved that I might get a Dis fix without having to be dragged along! ) So now it's just up to me.

I just love the idea of meeting new friends that have my major affection (or should I say "infliction") in common...though at the same time, a little scarey and very out-of-character to do something like this.

I'm in the middle of an inspection at work right now, so things have been rather wild...I'm going to have to wait till things calm down before I make any decisions. But I didn't want you guys to think I just came to this thread on a whim and then forgot about it.

I hope you all have a "Magical Day", as they say at Disney. I really look forward to getting to know you all better

Kelly

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: