Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-16-2009, 11:22 PM   #1396
LittleBlackRaincloud
It's a disguise, not an attitude
Should wear a sun shirt for the next trip
Is haunted by visions of Elvis in the Mansion
All this talk has my uterus in a bunch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by anut4disney View Post
Hello Ladies.

Let me introduce myself, my name is Shirley and I am a DIS Diva wanna be. I am also a Disneyland virgin. I was almost 2 when it was built and always wanted to go there.

I met Beth, Sarah and January on our 2006 Ladies Only trip to WDW and knew that I would love to see them again. This seemed a perfect time to make some good things happen at the same time. See Disneyland and see my friends with an extra special bonus of making new friends.

I know that Beth put my picture out there and I promise I am not that scary looking in person, well maybe just a little.

A little about myself that way you will know whether you want to meet me or run when you see me coming.

I am 56 years young (I am either child like or childish, not sure which) and live in Virginia. I lost my dh of 30 years to cancer last month and am still trying to wrap my mind around the fact that he is no longer with me. We always said we would be that little 80 year old couple at Disney people are trying to get around because we would be so slow. Now he will be there with me in spirit instead. We found out he had it Memorial Day weekend and he was gone in August. I have one daughter and twin grandkids, a girl and a boy that turned 10 in August. My dh built dd a house on our property so I see them almost every day, they are a joy to me.

I am rather shy and am usually bringing up the rear of the group, Beth and the other ladies will vouch for that. I don't usually say a whole lot and when I do it's usually something silly and then back to silence. I also will at odd times get the giggles and sometimes I'm not even sure why, yes I am crazy.

I am also scared of roller coasters but Beth and Sarah got me on Splash Mountain on the other trip though I did say a bad word going down the last drop. My daughter got me on Space Mountain last year and I screamed like a girl. The man behind me screamed even louder though so I didn't feel to bad. It will be interesting what I can be talked into doing this time.

Well I think I've scared you enough and will stop for now.
Hi Shirley!!! Welcome! We are a great group of gals, and you sound like the good kind of crazy to me. I think you'll fit right in. I'm a ride wimp also, and an amazed you went on 2 of the mountains. I consider the swoosh down to Captain Hook in Peter Pan as scary! However, I do love Indy...go figure. I guess I'm crazy also.

I'm sorry to hear about the loss of your DH. I know he will be there in spirit with us.

I'm so glad you are joining us.

Heather

Our Family: DH-Bruce , Me-Heather , DS7-Nathan , DS6-Nolan , DD4-Natalie
Old 09-16-2009, 11:25 PM   #1397
mommaU4

The one who started it - DIS ladies do DLR
Well, I never said I wasn't insane. I just don't want them thinking that

Quote:
Originally Posted by 21yankees View Post
Thought I'd share the money tree I found. More than enough for everyone.

steph
Love it!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BC Disney Lover View Post
I would be willing to call to book/arrive early for the Walk in Walt's Footsteps Tour if anyone else is interested in doing the tour.
Really? OKay, great. So I am going to add you to the front page as the contact person for WIWF tour. Thanks!! I'll PM you with more details.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toocherie View Post
Just so everyone knows, I went in the Tech Assistance forum and posted a plea for help on the color and size of font issue so as soon as I hear back I'll let you all know.
Thanks Cheryl! Sounds like you are having a really fun time with Dawn and everyone. I'm happy to hear that and I do hope someone is taking pics!
Register to remove

Old 09-16-2009, 11:25 PM   #1398
mommaU4

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney-inspired View Post
About the t-shirts, I really don't have any objections or suggestions except that I don't find red a very flattering color. That is why I wore a pink shirt last year I felt like kids would stop and yell "Kooooool - Aiiiiiiiid"
Oh hush! Not even. And besides you are working out and by then you are gonna look great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VintageDisneyRules View Post
Is there still going to be a Mother-Daughter group picture? Maybe we can wear matching T's. Not the whole group, but each Mother-Daughter.
YES, definitely a Mother/Daughter pic. I just don't know what day yet. So would ya'll bring a different tee to wear that day? Or how would that work?
Maybe instead of a tee, what if the mothers and daughters wore matching hats? Like the Princess one? Or go to that shop where you can customize your Mickey ears and make matching ones?
I don't know. It's up to ya'll. I just want to make it easy for everyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaKate View Post

Those on Facebook know that my life has been suckish lately, but I've learned to just take it all in stride. I think I've become numb to problems. Nothing really shocks me anymore .
Oh, Miss Katie. Hang in there kiddo. A huge virtual hug for you.
Old 09-16-2009, 11:26 PM   #1399
mommaU4

Quote:
Originally Posted by 21yankees View Post
Beth. Thank you very much for the get well card you sent me. I really appreciate it.
You're welcome. I hope you are feeling ok.

Quote:
Hello Ladies.

Let me introduce myself, my name is Shirley and I am a DIS Diva wanna be. I am also a Disneyland virgin. I was almost 2 when it was built and always wanted to go there.

I met Beth, Sarah and January on our 2006 Ladies Only trip to WDW and knew that I would love to see them again. This seemed a perfect time to make some good things happen at the same time. See Disneyland and see my friends with an extra special bonus of making new friends.

I know that Beth put my picture out there and I promise I am not that scary looking in person, well maybe just a little.

A little about myself that way you will know whether you want to meet me or run when you see me coming.

I am 56 years young (I am either child like or childish, not sure which) and live in Virginia. I lost my dh of 30 years to cancer last month and am still trying to wrap my mind around the fact that he is no longer with me. We always said we would be that little 80 year old couple at Disney people are trying to get around because we would be so slow. Now he will be there with me in spirit instead. We found out he had it Memorial Day weekend and he was gone in August. I have one daughter and twin grandkids, a girl and a boy that turned 10 in August. My dh built dd a house on our property so I see them almost every day, they are a joy to me.

I am rather shy and am usually bringing up the rear of the group, Beth and the other ladies will vouch for that. I don't usually say a whole lot and when I do it's usually something silly and then back to silence. I also will at odd times get the giggles and sometimes I'm not even sure why, yes I am crazy.

I am also scared of roller coasters but Beth and Sarah got me on Splash Mountain on the other trip though I did say a bad word going down the last drop. My daughter got me on Space Mountain last year and I screamed like a girl. The man behind me screamed even louder though so I didn't feel to bad. It will be interesting what I can be talked into doing this time.

Shirley!!! Yay you found us.

So good to see you here. It's going to be even better to see you again in person. Thanks for sharing about you. Especially about your DH.

I cannot believe you are a DL virgin. Don't worry, we'll show you the ropes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by karylrocks View Post
Beth - thanks for posting about the shirts. Your plan looks great! I remember seeing a couple of designs way back on the other thread but it would be nice to have a few more. Not from me, though! I am not talented like that but would love to see some more ideas.
I'm not either. lol But we will find something. There are some great ladies here who can come up with something wonderful.
Old 09-16-2009, 11:28 PM   #1400
mommaU4

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBlackRaincloud View Post
I consider the swoosh down to Captain Hook in Peter Pan as scary!
Now that you mention it, that part is kind of scary! I think because I'm skeered of heights. I'm always thinking the thing is gonna break and we're gonna fall.
Old 09-16-2009, 11:41 PM   #1401
tinkermell
Th boards are going nuts!
Beware of the stalkers

Hi Shirley,

It's nice to see you made it!! You will fit in just fine. No worries!!!
You will have fun with us, and at times things will go quickly here. Just hang on, and at least keep up on the first page.
Take care and once again my heart and prayers are with you.

Hey ladies for the Saturday T-shirt........weren't we kind of thinking to use something like Heather's princess pirate. The one that is in black and pink?? Is it still on the front page? Or, I still think it would be fun to have the just the castle outlined in glitter, or just a crown with Mickey ears scrolled into it in glitter. Do you kind of get the feeling that I like glitter? How about some rhinestones? At one time I had asked my son to design something for me, and then we decided on Tink last year. Anywhos, just throwing out ideas.

Katie, this is for you!

Trudie, I remember that movie. Dating myself.

Well, Dave has now been asked to make baby backed ribs for another contest. This time it is just amongst friends and some of our church members. But I bet there will be at least 20 competing. So tonight was a trial run. It has been awhile since he has made them, so he wanted to refresh his memory. Boy...........they were good, and I had way too many of them! I felt sick afterwards.

Well I'm off to bed. Night.

Last edited by tinkermell; 09-16-2009 at 11:53 PM.
Old 09-16-2009, 11:53 PM   #1402
mommaU4

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkermell View Post

Hey ladies for the Saturday T-shirt........weren't we kind of thinking to use something like Heather's princess pirate. The one that is in black and pink?? Is it still on the front page? Or, I still think it would be fun to have the just the castle outlined in glitter, or just a crown with Mickey ears scrolled into it in glitter. Do you kind of get the feeling that I like glitter? How about some rhinestones? At one time I had asked my son to design something for me, and then we decided on Tink last year. Anywhos, just throwing out ideas.
I love a princess/pirate theme. It's still on the front page, first post.
Maybe tomorrow I will take a peek on the DISign board and see what's there. OR on Zazzle.

I am as uncreative as they come so I'm really hoping others will jump in on this. If you leave it up to me, it could get scary.

Feel better Melody! And good luck to your DH on his ribs!

I think I'm off to bed too. Night all.
Old 09-16-2009, 11:54 PM   #1403
BillyFan
My white-trashiest chefy moment ever
I, for one have had a Billy Hill Buzz more once
And thanks so much for warming up the boyfriend for us

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney-inspired View Post
About the t-shirts, I really don't have any objections or suggestions except that I don't find red a very flattering color. That is why I wore a pink shirt last year I felt like kids would stop and yell "Kooooool - Aiiiiiiiid"
Oh my gosh, Cristabel! You're crazy, girl!!!! But I most likely won't wear red either. I'll be a rebel and wear black or brown.

Quote:
Hello Ladies.

Welcome, Shirley! I'm so sorry to hear about your DH
This is a great group of ladies, and we're always happy to add another!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkermell View Post
Hi Shirley,

It's nice to see you made it!! You will fit in just fine. No worries!!!
You will have fun with us, and at times things will go quickly here. Just hang on, and at least keep up on the first page. "faint"
Take care and once again my heart and prayers are with you.

Katie, this is for you!

Trudie, I remember that movie. Dating myself.

Well, Dave has now been asked to make baby backed ribs for another contest. This time it is just amongst friends and some of our church members. But I bet there will be at least 20 competing. So tonight was a trial run. It has been awhile since he has made them, so he wanted to refresh his memory. Boy...........they were good, and I had way too many of them! I felt sick afterwards.

Well I'm off to bed. Night.
mmmmmmmmmm, ribs!

I also really, really like Heather's design.
But I also like the idea of a black or dark blue shirt with a glittery silver outline of the castle or Mickey ears.

Can we have two shirts, or is that too much?

Old 09-17-2009, 12:03 AM   #1404
CaliforniaDreamer

DIS Veteran

Welcome Shirley! I am very sorry to hear about the loss of your husband.

We will be happy to have you at the girl's trip. I don't like roller coasters either.

I really liked Heather's design and I love the pirate princess concept.

Melody, the taste tester for your husband's ribs? That's a good job to have!
D23 Expo
Miss Sally's birthday party
Halloween party diva meet
Girl's trip in Feb

Words from Dawn: "i have a strong connection to the earth."
Old 09-17-2009, 12:04 AM   #1405
CoMickey
Happy Dweedle... or is that Tweedle?

Hi Tina - what's cooking???

Old 09-17-2009, 12:07 AM   #1406
mommaU4

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyFan View Post

Can we have two shirts, or is that too much?
We can be like Lady GaGa at the VMAs and change clothes a couple times during the day. Actually if we end up with two really cute designs we can just skip one of the plain colors, OR skip wearing the Tink tee again. It doesn't matter to me.

And what do you mean black or brown??? Come on, add some color girl! I bet you'd look hot in red.

OKay, I popped over to the DISign board real quick and found this thread with someone asking about pirate tees. I haven't looked yet, but there are several DISigners who make them and they all have links to check out if anyone is interested: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2283570

I'll look tomorrow. I'm too pooped to do it tonight.
Old 09-17-2009, 12:10 AM   #1407
CoMickey
Happy Dweedle... or is that Tweedle?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaKate View Post
Hello everyone!
Those on Facebook know that my life has been suckish lately, but I've learned to just take it all in stride. I think I've become numb to problems. Nothing really shocks me anymore .

It's good to see planning coming along. I just hope I find a job before February so I can still attend . If I don't, I'll definitely be there for at least the Meet & Greet.
Hi Katie - Lots Hugs for you! I hope your strange illness does not come back and that you are 100% better now! Sending good thoughts that things will improve for you...you really deserve it! Kiss that cute baby on those kissable cheeks for us!

Quote:
Hello Ladies.

IWell I think I've scared you enough and will stop for now.
Welcome Shirley! We are happy to have you join us! I am sorry about the loss of your DH. This will be my first trip with the Divas but I have met many of them and you could not ask for a nicer group of women.

Old 09-17-2009, 01:42 AM   #1408
disney-inspired

Disney on the brain 24/7/365!
*grumble* stupid cm *grumble*

Good night!
Mini meet in 3 days!
Old 09-17-2009, 09:22 AM   #1409
QueenDoOver
Dis Diva

Good Morning!
Mel-Ribs are my favorite food, followed by brisket. Just love bbq to tell you the truth. Good thing I don't get it too often, because I would eat too much also, and probably be sick too!

Shirley, welcome aboard! I can vouch for this lovely group of women, but I won' t be at this trip, so will miss meeting you. I am so sorry to hear of the loss of your husband. Thank you for sharing that sad news with us. It serves as a reminder that our paths are unknown to us and to live and love today, as who knows what tomorrow will bring. I know I need that reminder when all the little things start driving me up the wall!
Old 09-17-2009, 09:30 AM   #1410
kelmac284
I wish I lived near one of the parks so I could go anytime I wanted
He was so enamoured with her...

Morning Divas!

First off Katie that is so weird what you had! I hope you feel better! I have been having a weird thing as well. It is like a sinus/tension headache thing for days! I can't seem to shake it and I have been having trouble sleeping because of it and just have NO energy. I wonder if it is stuff in the air that is going around. Allergies or what have you. I am glad you feel better though and hope it doesn't come back. ((hugs)) and good luck on the job front!! I hope you CAN make it in feb so I can finally meet you!

WELCOME Shirley! You sound like one of the gang! I am in my 40's and my mom comes and she is in her 60's so we are right "around" your age group. This whole group of gals is LOTS of fun and I KNOW you will be so glad you came! I am so sorry for the loss of your dh! I can't even imagine! But you are right I am sure he will be here in spirit cheering you on! Look forward to meeting you in Feb!!

As far as the shirts go, the colors don't matter to me, I am up for whatever. But as far as the one we pick for our theme I just hope we pick something that can be ordered cuz I am SO not crafty! If I have to make something it is going to be ugly I know that LOL. I really liked being able to order it. That's my only request. Otherwise I am open to anything. I go with the flow!

Oh and as for Steakhouse 55, mom and I have eaten there before as well and we very much enjoyed it! It was YUM! Again whatever you guys decide we are pretty much up for!

Nothing much planned for today just waiting for tonight! Can't wait to see Survivor and Fringe! Yippee!

DL 1st trip 76 last trip 3/14 next trip ??
DW 1st trip 5/02 last trip 11/10 next trip ??
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: