Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-16-2009, 04:39 PM   #1381
disney-inspired

Disney on the brain 24/7/365!
*grumble* stupid cm *grumble*

Quote:
Originally Posted by toocherie View Post
Just so everyone knows, I went in the Tech Assistance forum and posted a plea for help on the color and size of font issue so as soon as I hear back I'll let you all know.
Thank you! Typing in all black gets dull.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliforniaDreamer View Post
Sarah, are we still meeting at the French market then (and what time)? BTW, on Monday they had closed the two window service food places in NOsq. The one under the stairs/ramp to pirates and the little mint julip/fritter one by the train. It seemed it was due to the light attendance that day.
We're meeting at Cafe Orleans at 1:45pm
Old 09-16-2009, 04:44 PM   #1382
disney-inspired

I whole heartedly second Cheryl’s idea of Steakhouse 55. The ambiance is great (no little kids running around with food, crying, screaming) and it’s reasonably priced for being at the Disneyland hotel. I thought it would be a nice (cheaper) alternative to a character meal. I know we won’t get any characters but the setting is totally worth it. I took my mom there for her birthday this past March. When we arrived she looked at the long check in line at Goofy’s kitchen, as it is next door, that was full of rowdy kids and asked me “You’re not taking me there are you?!?!”. LOL.
Register to remove

Old 09-16-2009, 04:45 PM   #1383
disney-inspired

About the t-shirts, I really don't have any objections or suggestions except that I don't find red a very flattering color. That is why I wore a pink shirt last year I felt like kids would stop and yell "Kooooool - Aiiiiiiiid"
Old 09-16-2009, 05:16 PM   #1384
VintageDisneyRules
Why does candy taste so much better when it's wrapped in Easter print
I mean who wants to cuddle up to an ice cube

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommaU4 View Post
OKay, I have a few moments while the laundry is finishing up so I just thought I'd respond to this.

About Club 33, I know last time Heather and I talked she still wanted to wait a bit more on that. But don't worry, no one will miss it. When she's ready to post it, I will make sure the title is updated so everyone knows it's on!

As for the tees, I haven't given it a whole lot of thought. I am easy and willing to go with the flow on that, but just real quick, what do you all think of this:

Thursday ~ Lime Green tee. Makes it easy to spot other Divas on the first day and will look nice for group shots that evening during the Meet and Greet.

Friday ~ Red tee. I was looking at the pic on the front page of everyone in their red tees for the PFF and it just looked so nice. Very rich and the color just popped, so I thought since we are doing Princess Fantasy Faire on Friday this would be a nice time to do the red again.

Saturday ~ Group tee! Perfect to wear the day of the group scavenger hunt.

Sunday ~ Tie Dye tee. We have some fun events this day like a group trip to Animation Station and Cove bar so I thought a fun tee would work nicely.

Monday ~ Last years Tink tee, or a white tee. No reason, just cause.

Tuesday ~ Blue tee. Because it's the last day and we'll all be sad and blue we are having to leave. lol

Anyway, those were my thoughts. Honestly though it doesn't matter much to me which tee is worn on which day. So everyone feel free to share your thoughts, opinions and comments.

And as for the new group tee, we had a few people who were going to submit designs to vote on. I think Heather was one. Melody mentioned her son possibly working on something. And at one point Bridgette was interested in making one. I think some of that may have changed, so if anyone has a design they like, please feel free to post it.
Is there still going to be a Mother-Daughter group picture? Maybe we can wear matching T's. Not the whole group, but each Mother-Daughter.
Old 09-16-2009, 05:19 PM   #1385
stacielee
Why do I go to Disneyland? BECAUSE I CAN!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney-inspired View Post
Why is that? The color used to work, why doesn't it anymore?
The only way I can get it to work is if I post something, then go back and edit it right in the thread. Then the colors are available. Or if you post a quick reply, at the bottom of the thread, the colors are available there as well. Weird!!
Old 09-16-2009, 05:21 PM   #1386
VintageDisneyRules
Why does candy taste so much better when it's wrapped in Easter print
I mean who wants to cuddle up to an ice cube

Quote:
Originally Posted by 21yankees View Post
Thought I'd share the money tree I found. More than enough for everyone.

steph
Oh thanks Steph !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-16-2009, 06:17 PM   #1387
MamaKate
My son got to ride with Peter Pan
I don't want one of you ladies to try and play footsies with me
Over the top, colorful, and totally flashy

Hello everyone! Long time no post. I've been going through a lot lately and then the last couple days I felt like I was dying . I don't know exactly what was wrong with me, but all of a sudden I woke up this morning and felt fine . Seriously though, I was in such pain & then had extreme chills. I was wearing sweat pants, long sleeved shirt, socks & then wrap myself in a blanket and I was still shivering uncontrollably. Then after a few hours I'd have extreme hot flashes. I broke out sweating & was burning up. Then I'd have the chills again, then hot flashes, then chills, then hot flashes (you get the picture) all while being in extreme pain. I finally made a doctor appointment yesterday for tomorrow so of course I woke up feeling fine . But I have no idea what was going on with me, but it was scary.

Those on Facebook know that my life has been suckish lately, but I've learned to just take it all in stride. I think I've become numb to problems. Nothing really shocks me anymore .

It's good to see planning coming along. I just hope I find a job before February so I can still attend . If I don't, I'll definitely be there for at least the Meet & Greet.

Welcome to all the new ladies & I hope everyone is good .
Old 09-16-2009, 06:45 PM   #1388
jordansmomma
DebbieLouWho WendyLouWho's sister
I would so be in...but I am not climbing on top
The cheap & free ones are not that bad

Hey Steph~ What are the details of the pin code you got?
Old 09-16-2009, 06:57 PM   #1389
21yankees
I want to move into Disneyland!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordansmomma View Post
Hey Steph~ What are the details of the pin code you got?
Here's an excerpt from the e-mail I received.

That’s right, Stephanie! For a limited time, Southern California residents like you can save on a magical fall getaway. Your package comes complete with Theme Park tickets and accommodations at one of the Hotels of the Disneyland® Resort. But a great deal is only the start. Depending on when you visit, you could experience incredible seasonal magic—like Halloween Time and Holidays at the Disneyland® Resort! Great deals on a fall getaway package (including 1 night in a Disneyland® Resort Hotel and a pair of 1-Day Park Hopper® Tickets) for stays between 10/1/09 and 12/23/09. From $235 in a standard room at Disney’s Paradise Pier® Hotel. From $255 in a standard room at Disneyland® Hotel. From $350 in a standard room at Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel® & Spa.

AKA Cynical Dwarf
Old 09-16-2009, 06:59 PM   #1390
21yankees
I want to move into Disneyland!

Beth. Thank you very much for the get well card you sent me. I really appreciate it.

Kate. I hope you are hired very soon and that you'll be able to attend the full event in Feb/Mar.

Okay now I need to go back and read what happened today.

steph

AKA Cynical Dwarf
Old 09-16-2009, 08:01 PM   #1391
Stacerita
AKA the Lexus TinklerMy bad-its Miss Understood. Sorry. Got my drag queens mixed
I guess I did look more like a Hooter's girl than I wanted to

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommaU4 View Post
OKay, I have a few moments while the laundry is finishing up so I just thought I'd respond to this.

About Club 33, I know last time Heather and I talked she still wanted to wait a bit more on that. But don't worry, no one will miss it. When she's ready to post it, I will make sure the title is updated so everyone knows it's on!

As for the tees, I haven't given it a whole lot of thought. I am easy and willing to go with the flow on that, but just real quick, what do you all think of this:

Thursday ~ Lime Green tee. Makes it easy to spot other Divas on the first day and will look nice for group shots that evening during the Meet and Greet.

Friday ~ Red tee. I was looking at the pic on the front page of everyone in their red tees for the PFF and it just looked so nice. Very rich and the color just popped, so I thought since we are doing Princess Fantasy Faire on Friday this would be a nice time to do the red again.

Saturday ~ Group tee! Perfect to wear the day of the group scavenger hunt.

Sunday ~ Tie Dye tee. We have some fun events this day like a group trip to Animation Station and Cove bar so I thought a fun tee would work nicely.

Monday ~ Last years Tink tee, or a white tee. No reason, just cause.

Tuesday ~ Blue tee. Because it's the last day and we'll all be sad and blue we are having to leave. lol

Anyway, those were my thoughts. Honestly though it doesn't matter much to me which tee is worn on which day. So everyone feel free to share your thoughts, opinions and comments.

And as for the new group tee, we had a few people who were going to submit designs to vote on. I think Heather was one. Melody mentioned her son possibly working on something. And at one point Bridgette was interested in making one. I think some of that may have changed, so if anyone has a design they like, please feel free to post it.
The shirts sound good to me.

Quote:
Why is that? The color used to work, why doesn't it anymore?
Sometimes it works for me. Maybe I'm special?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 21yankees View Post
Thought I'd share the money tree I found. More than enough for everyone.

steph
Hey, maybe I can get my gardner to plant me one of those.

Quote:
Actually, I thought we were meeting at Cafe Orleans (next door to French Market) at 1:45 p.m. for a 2:00 p.m. reservation?

I had breakfast this morning at Steakhouse 55 with Dawn and Stacerita--it was SOOOO good. We need to think about eating a meal there sometime. It was reasonably priced (for Disney)--I had the Two by Four--which is two pieces of French toast, two eggs, two sausage and two strips of bacon--for $12.00 They also gave you breakfast potatoes (didn't eat many) and grapes. Compared to the breakfast we had for $7.50 or so at Riverbelle Terrace I thought it was great quality and really good.

I can't tell you where we are going for dinner tonight in case Dawn is signing on from my house . . . . shhhhhh. But one clue--it is NOT Disney related--LOL.

Last night we got pedis with my friend Brandy and then we met Brandy's boyfriend, his daughter and Brandy's Mom next door at an Italian place that had "all you can eat" Lasagna or Spaghetti--EXCELLENT. The smell of garlic practically knocked you over when you walked in.

Lator gators!
I just have to second Steakhouse 55. It was sooooo yummy. I had the french toast and it was wonderful. The whole place was nice and relaxing. I think we should talk about going here for dinner one night. We talked with one of the CMs at the check in, and she told us about some menu items and we looked over it. I wouldn't call it cheap, but not really pricey either.

Oh, and Cheryl.....I need the name of that Italian place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lulubelle View Post
Steph - pass me a branch, will ya?
Get in line sista!

Quote:
About the t-shirts, I really don't have any objections or suggestions except that I don't find red a very flattering color. That is why I wore a pink shirt last year I felt like kids would stop and yell "Kooooool - Aiiiiiiiid"
Come on now. Wear red. Its not gonna kill you.

Steph- How's your ankle doing?

Katie - sorry you were sick. But how wierd is it that you got over it so fast?

Inappropriate graphics will be deleted from signatures.
Please remember this is a family-friendly site
Old 09-16-2009, 09:34 PM   #1392
anut4disney
Just call me bashful

Hello Ladies.

Let me introduce myself, my name is Shirley and I am a DIS Diva wanna be. I am also a Disneyland virgin. I was almost 2 when it was built and always wanted to go there.

I met Beth, Sarah and January on our 2006 Ladies Only trip to WDW and knew that I would love to see them again. This seemed a perfect time to make some good things happen at the same time. See Disneyland and see my friends with an extra special bonus of making new friends.

I know that Beth put my picture out there and I promise I am not that scary looking in person, well maybe just a little.

A little about myself that way you will know whether you want to meet me or run when you see me coming.

I am 56 years young (I am either child like or childish, not sure which) and live in Virginia. I lost my dh of 30 years to cancer last month and am still trying to wrap my mind around the fact that he is no longer with me. We always said we would be that little 80 year old couple at Disney people are trying to get around because we would be so slow. Now he will be there with me in spirit instead. We found out he had it Memorial Day weekend and he was gone in August. I have one daughter and twin grandkids, a girl and a boy that turned 10 in August. My dh built dd a house on our property so I see them almost every day, they are a joy to me.

I am rather shy and am usually bringing up the rear of the group, Beth and the other ladies will vouch for that. I don't usually say a whole lot and when I do it's usually something silly and then back to silence. I also will at odd times get the giggles and sometimes I'm not even sure why, yes I am crazy.

I am also scared of roller coasters but Beth and Sarah got me on Splash Mountain on the other trip though I did say a bad word going down the last drop. My daughter got me on Space Mountain last year and I screamed like a girl. The man behind me screamed even louder though so I didn't feel to bad. It will be interesting what I can be talked into doing this time.

Well I think I've scared you enough and will stop for now.

Raymond (aka Grumpy).
Wonderful husband, father and grandfather.
You are in our hearts forever.

Last edited by anut4disney; 09-16-2009 at 10:26 PM.
Old 09-16-2009, 09:38 PM   #1393
CaliforniaDreamer

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahbushka View Post
I wish you could be there with us! We'll take lots of pictures and you can all pretend you were there with us!

Does anyone know if the French Market has a french dip and a pulled pork sandwich? On one of the menus I saw these and another one it wasn't on so I am currious as to which one is right because if they don't have those we won't be going to that restaurant.

TIA,
Sarah
Cheryl, you see why I got confused? Now that you and Christabel said it was still Cafe Orleans, I am guessing Sarah was talking about where she was eating on another day.

Quote:
Actually, I thought we were meeting at Cafe Orleans (next door to French Market) at 1:45 p.m. for a 2:00 p.m. reservation?

\!
Quote:
Thank you! Typing in all black gets dull.

We're meeting at Cafe Orleans at 1:45pm
thx!!
D23 Expo
Miss Sally's birthday party
Halloween party diva meet
Girl's trip in Feb

Words from Dawn: "i have a strong connection to the earth."
Old 09-16-2009, 10:41 PM   #1394
karylrocks
I know it's only rock 'n roll but I like it.....

Beth - thanks for posting about the shirts. Your plan looks great! I remember seeing a couple of designs way back on the other thread but it would be nice to have a few more. Not from me, though! I am not talented like that but would love to see some more ideas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BC Disney Lover View Post
I would be willing to call to book/arrive early for the Walk in Walt's Footsteps Tour if anyone else is interested in doing the tour.
I would like to do this tour. We need to decide whether to do the 9:00 or the 2:30. It includes lunch so we would be missing Ariels and if we do 9:00 we would miss the princesses as well. Personally I would rather do the tour so either time works for me.

Disneyland: 1964, 1977, 1979, 1986, 1987, 1988, 1991, 1995, 2000, 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014
Walt Disney World: 1994, 2001, 2002, 2004, 2008, 2011, 2012, 2013
DCL: Wonder-10 Night Southern Caribbean 2006, Mexican Riviera 2011; Magic-Inaugural Galveston 2012
Aulani: May 2012
Old 09-16-2009, 10:48 PM   #1395
Stacerita
AKA the Lexus TinklerMy bad-its Miss Understood. Sorry. Got my drag queens mixed
I guess I did look more like a Hooter's girl than I wanted to

Quote:
Originally Posted by anut4disney View Post
Hello Ladies.

Let me introduce myself, my name is Shirley and I am a DIS Diva wanna be. I am also a Disneyland virgin. I was almost 2 when it was built and always wanted to go there.

I met Beth, Sarah and January on our 2006 Ladies Only trip to WDW and knew that I would love to see them again. This seemed a perfect time to make some good things happen at the same time. See Disneyland and see my friends with an extra special bonus of making new friends.

I know that Beth put my picture out there and I promise I am not that scary looking in person, well maybe just a little.

A little about myself that way you will know whether you want to meet me or run when you see me coming.

I am 56 years young (I am either child like or childish, not sure which) and live in Virginia. I lost my dh of 30 years to cancer last month and am still trying to wrap my mind around the fact that he is no longer with me. We always said we would be that little 80 year old couple at Disney people are trying to get around because we would be so slow. Now he will be there with me in spirit instead. We found out he had it Memorial Day weekend and he was gone in August. I have one daughter and twin grandkids, a girl and a boy that turned 10 in August. My dh built dd a house on our property so I see them almost every day, they are a joy to me.

I am rather shy and am usually bringing up the rear of the group, Beth and the other ladies will vouch for that. I don't usually say a whole lot and when I do it's usually something silly and then back to silence. I also will at odd times get the giggles and sometimes I'm not even sure why, yes I am crazy.

I am also scared of roller coasters but Beth and Sarah got me on Splash Mountain on the other trip though I did say a bad word going down the last drop. My daughter got me on Space Mountain last year and I screamed like a girl. The man behind me screamed even louder though so I didn't feel to bad. It will be interesting what I can be talked into doing this time.

Well I think I've scared you enough and will stop for now.
Hello and welcome Shirley!

Inappropriate graphics will be deleted from signatures.
Please remember this is a family-friendly site
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: