Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-16-2009, 02:46 PM   #1366
stacielee
Why do I go to Disneyland? BECAUSE I CAN!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommaU4 View Post
OKay, I have a few moments while the laundry is finishing up so I just thought I'd respond to this.

About Club 33, I know last time Heather and I talked she still wanted to wait a bit more on that. But don't worry, no one will miss it. When she's ready to post it, I will make sure the title is updated so everyone knows it's on!

As for the tees, I haven't given it a whole lot of thought. I am easy and willing to go with the flow on that, but just real quick, what do you all think of this:

Thursday ~ Lime Green tee. Makes it easy to spot other Divas on the first day and will look nice for group shots that evening during the Meet and Greet.

Friday ~ Red tee. I was looking at the pic on the front page of everyone in their red tees for the PFF and it just looked so nice. Very rich and the color just popped, so I thought since we are doing Princess Fantasy Faire on Friday this would be a nice time to do the red again.

Saturday ~ Group tee! Perfect to wear the day of the group scavenger hunt.

Sunday ~ Tie Dye tee. We have some fun events this day like a group trip to Animation Station and Cove bar so I thought a fun tee would be work nicely.

Monday ~ Last years Tink tee, or a white tee. No reason, just cause.

Tuesday ~ Blue tee. Because it's the last day and we'll all be sad and blue we are having to leave. lol

Anyway, those were my thoughts. Honestly though it doesn't matter much to me which tee is worn on which day. So everyone feel free to share your thoughts, opinions and comments.

And as for the new group tee, we had a few people who were going to submit designs to vote on. I think Heather was one. Melody mentioned her son possibly working on something. And at one point Bridgette was interested in making one. I think some of that may have changed, so if anyone has a design they like, please feel free to post it.
Sounds like a plan! When are we going to start deciding on the group tee?

Last edited by stacielee; 09-16-2009 at 02:51 PM. Reason: added some color to Beth's list :)
Old 09-16-2009, 02:50 PM   #1367
mommaU4

The one who started it - DIS ladies do DLR
Well, I never said I wasn't insane. I just don't want them thinking that

Quote:
Originally Posted by stacielee View Post
Sounds like a plan! When are we going to start deciding on the group tee?
I'm ready whenever. In this case, the sooner the better since we need time to review designs, pick colors, and finally order them or make them which ever the case may be.

Anyone ever hear from Bridgette? Do we know if she's still going to submit a design?

I think Theresa had posted some options way back as well, so maybe she can repost those. And if anyone else has anything they'd like considered, please speak up. We can always do a vote if we end up with several cute ideas.
Register to remove

Old 09-16-2009, 02:51 PM   #1368
mommaU4

LOL Stacie, nice color!
Old 09-16-2009, 02:53 PM   #1369
stacielee
Why do I go to Disneyland? BECAUSE I CAN!!

Quote:
LOL Stacie, nice color!
Thanks! I thought so, and then you went and added color to your original post! Funny!!
Old 09-16-2009, 03:01 PM   #1370
mommaU4

Dining and Tour sign-ups

Also I know some of you have been wondering about sign-ups for the meals and tours.

Dining reservations can be made 60 days out and tours booked 30 days out. So I'm thinking I will start on the lists for all the meals sometime end of October or beginning of November. So keep an eye out then. That still gives us approximately two months to take sign-ups, appoint contact persons, and get it all squared away. Plenty of time.

And the tours sign-ups will probably start right around the same time, maybe mid-November just because booking those is a little more involved and will require more planning done in PMs. ($$$ )

Speaking of booking the tours, it seems the majority of those interested in going on the tours are our newest Divas. Most of the veteran Divas have done the tours and have said they won't be doing them again, including myself.
Therefore we are going to need a volunteer to book the Walk in Walt's Footsteps tour and another volunteer to book the Segway tour.

Whomever volunteers to oversee those won't have to worry about maintaining the sign-up list. I can do that here. They will need to call to make the reservation, and be there first to check in and make sure everyone on the list shows up.

If any of our new ladies are interested or has any questions, please post here or send me a PM. Thanks.
Old 09-16-2009, 03:03 PM   #1371
mommaU4

Quote:
Originally Posted by stacielee View Post
Thanks! I thought so, and then you went and added color to your original post! Funny!!
I know. I hate that I cannot add color without doing it "manually", kwim? But it looked bare, so I went back and edited it. Yours is fancier though. Like the tye die especially.
Old 09-16-2009, 03:19 PM   #1372
disney-inspired

Disney on the brain 24/7/365!
*grumble* stupid cm *grumble*

Quote:
I know. I hate that I cannot add color without doing it "manually", kwim? But it looked bare, so I went back and edited it. Yours is fancier though. Like the tye die especially.
Why is that? The color used to work, why doesn't it anymore?
Old 09-16-2009, 03:28 PM   #1373
mommaU4

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney-inspired View Post
Why is that? The color used to work, why doesn't it anymore?
Old 09-16-2009, 03:48 PM   #1374
CaliforniaDreamer

DIS Veteran

Quote:
The one without the sandwich is right. This is what the menu was last time we were there. http://allears.net/dlr/din/menu/men_fren.htm
I had the pasta and it was really good.

Hey, guess what?? Shirley has decided to join us on this trip!! She's going to room with me. I added her name and pic to the front.

For those of you who are reading this and wondering what I am talking about, Shirley is a friend that Sarah, January and myself all met in 2006 on the WDW trip. She is a super sweet lady and I'm really glad she'll be coming along.
That will great for you guys, from way back then! She sounds wonderful. Hi to all the newcomers!

Just to add to Vicki's post about d23 expo, I didn't buy anything in the collectible area (non-Disney vendors), just special releases in the Dream Store. We saw things there (like Vinylmations) that will not be sold anywhere else. And then you get two so you can trade for ones that only show up at WDW. My other vice is I love Haunted Mansion stuff and they have some leftover from the sold out 090909 event. So this is why my visa card is screaming from pain and why I really need some seeds for a money tree and now.

And why is it we buy more when we've had bad news that less money is coming in? Some kinda inverse relationship there. Anyway...

Sarah, are we still meeting at the French market then (and what time)? BTW, on Monday they had closed the two window service food places in NOsq. The one under the stairs/ramp to pirates and the little mint julip/fritter one by the train. It seemed it was due to the light attendance that day.
D23 Expo
Miss Sally's birthday party
Halloween party diva meet
Girl's trip in Feb

Words from Dawn: "i have a strong connection to the earth."
Old 09-16-2009, 04:09 PM   #1375
21yankees
I want to move into Disneyland!

Thought I'd share the money tree I found. More than enough for everyone.

steph

AKA Cynical Dwarf
Old 09-16-2009, 04:38 PM   #1376
BC Disney Lover
Diva Prankster

I would be willing to call to book/arrive early for the Walk in Walt's Footsteps Tour if anyone else is interested in doing the tour.
Old 09-16-2009, 05:27 PM   #1377
toocherie

By the way, the foregoing is not LEGAL advice
I'm also easy--it says so on all the bathroom walls

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliforniaDreamer View Post
Sarah, are we still meeting at the French market then (and what time)? BTW, on Monday they had closed the two window service food places in NOsq. The one under the stairs/ramp to pirates and the little mint julip/fritter one by the train. It seemed it was due to the light attendance that day.
Actually, I thought we were meeting at Cafe Orleans (next door to French Market) at 1:45 p.m. for a 2:00 p.m. reservation?

I had breakfast this morning at Steakhouse 55 with Dawn and Stacerita--it was SOOOO good. We need to think about eating a meal there sometime. It was reasonably priced (for Disney)--I had the Two by Four--which is two pieces of French toast, two eggs, two sausage and two strips of bacon--for $12.00 They also gave you breakfast potatoes (didn't eat many) and grapes. Compared to the breakfast we had for $7.50 or so at Riverbelle Terrace I thought it was great quality and really good.

I can't tell you where we are going for dinner tonight in case Dawn is signing on from my house . . . . shhhhhh. But one clue--it is NOT Disney related--LOL.

Last night we got pedis with my friend Brandy and then we met Brandy's boyfriend, his daughter and Brandy's Mom next door at an Italian place that had "all you can eat" Lasagna or Spaghetti--EXCELLENT. The smell of garlic practically knocked you over when you walked in.

Lator gators!

Old 09-16-2009, 05:33 PM   #1378
toocherie

By the way, the foregoing is not LEGAL advice
I'm also easy--it says so on all the bathroom walls

Quote:
Just so everyone knows, I went in the Tech Assistance forum and posted a plea for help on the color and size of font issue so as soon as I hear back I'll let you all know.

Old 09-16-2009, 05:35 PM   #1379
lulubelle
I am Miss Klutz Woman
We could seriously have a Pirate Party in there!
As far as pants go, we were not allowed to wear them

Quote:
Originally Posted by 21yankees View Post
Thought I'd share the money tree I found. More than enough for everyone.

steph

Steph - pass me a branch, will ya?

DH~You will forever be in my heart
Old 09-16-2009, 05:37 PM   #1380
lulubelle
I am Miss Klutz Woman
We could seriously have a Pirate Party in there!
As far as pants go, we were not allowed to wear them

Quote:
Originally Posted by toocherie View Post
Just so everyone knows, I went in the Tech Assistance forum and posted a plea for help on the color and size of font issue so as soon as I hear back I'll let you all know.
Cheryl, you are all over it, girl!

Sounds like you guys had a very nice evening last night. I love pedi's.

Oh, and I thought we were meeting at 1:45 for a 2 pm reservation at CO as well?

DH~You will forever be in my heart
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: