Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-15-2009, 09:12 PM   #1351
Stacerita
DIS Veteran

Hello Divas!!!

Now I got to try to catch up.

Inappropriate graphics will be deleted from signatures.
Please remember this is a family-friendly site
Old 09-15-2009, 09:23 PM   #1352
mommaU4

The one who started it - DIS ladies do DLR
Well, I never said I wasn't insane. I just don't want them thinking that

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessDuck View Post

Well, just bought my ticket on southwest! I am coming in on the 24th, a day early. I will either add a day at HOJO or check availability at DVC. Anyone know how hard it would be to transfer from one to the other.

Daisy
YAY for buying tickets!!! Now you are stuck with us. OR maybe we are stuck with you!

Just kidding. Now that you are a Diva, no special treatment, you get teased just like the rest of us.

As for changing hotels, I personally wouldn't. I hate doing that. But then again, I'm lazy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoXPrincess99 View Post
I never have. The ships are so big you don't really feel them moving. I know you can get free sea-sickness pills on board if you need them.
Oh, good to know. Don't wanna spend the whole cruise puking!

Quote:
Maybe I’ll do a trip report for the cruise. I always take a lot of pictures but I’m not good at writing. Maybe I’ll have to keep a little notebook handy.
You should!! Even if it's mainly pics with a few notes. I know I'd love to see it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrappy_Tink View Post

Anyway, I'm gonna talk with Hubby about this tonight...and if he doesn't mind, I'd love to join you'all. You have room for one more?
Hi Kelly!! Absolutely we have room for more! Welcome aboard.

Don't worry about reading the thread. Up to this point it's been mainly chit chat. All important info and plans can always be found on the front page. Take a peek there at what we have planned so far as well as some pics, slide shows, and trip reports from previous years.

Then feel free to PM me with any questions you have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 21yankees View Post
I hope you all had a nice day! I came to the realization that I need to have a money tree in the backyard. So if anyone happens to have a spare plant or seed I can have, I'd really appreciate it....
ME TOO!!
Seriously, it sucks to have all these ideas and plans and not enough money to make it happen. Trust me, I feel your pain.
Register to remove

Old 09-15-2009, 10:12 PM   #1353
Queenbillabong
Second to the right and straight on til morning
Just like melted butter
We may need a table by the loo

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommaU4 View Post
Oh, good to know. Don't wanna spend the whole cruise puking!
Can I just say - EWWWWWW!!!
Old 09-15-2009, 11:59 PM   #1354
disney-inspired

Disney on the brain 24/7/365!
*grumble* stupid cm *grumble*

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBlackRaincloud View Post
Just a quick post to give you this link to some Disney eye candy. http://anythingspossimpable.wordpres...009/07/21/121/

I found it on another board, and knew my diva friends would appreciate it.

Oh, and I call dibs on #1!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenbillabong View Post
Wow!! Tarzan looks like he might have a little something extra tucked away I'm going to have to call #10 - from Lilo and Stitch. Love his tattoo!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommaU4 View Post
Nice.
Although some of them seem a tad uhhhhhhhhh feminine shall we say. I'll take Aladdin though. I've always liked him.
I saw these on a one of my livejournal communities!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrappy_Tink View Post
Hi Girls! I'm Kelly, and I hate to admit, I was born and raised in Sacramento and only visited Disneyland once! BUT, since then, after I moved away (many, MANY, moons ago), I've been to Disneyworld five times and fell in love with The Mouse.

Today I ran across info about the Food and Wine Fest at Disney in CA (me and hubbie are "Foodies"), and one thread led to another, and I found this one.

I have to say, this girls only trip sounds like a blast! I've been on two girls only trips, which were fun, but both times my friends just didn't "get it". I'd love to be a part of something where we all have a love for Disney.

Anyway, I'm gonna talk with Hubby about this tonight...and if he doesn't mind, I'd love to join you'all. You have room for one more?

I haven't had time to look at all posts yet, it's rather intimidating!!

I'm looking forward to getting to know you all better!
Welcome!
Old 09-16-2009, 12:36 AM   #1355
VintageDisneyRules
Why does candy taste so much better when it's wrapped in Easter print
I mean who wants to cuddle up to an ice cube

Quote:
Maybe Iíll do a trip report for the cruise. I always take a lot of pictures but Iím not good at writing. Maybe Iíll have to keep a little notebook handy.
You should do that Sarah. Make sure to report on all the food !
Old 09-16-2009, 12:42 AM   #1356
VintageDisneyRules
Why does candy taste so much better when it's wrapped in Easter print
I mean who wants to cuddle up to an ice cube

Quote:
Originally Posted by 21yankees View Post
Hi everybody!

Welcome to our newest additions. I'm sure you'll find this group to be a lot of fun.

I hope you all had a nice day! I came to the realization that I need to have a money tree in the backyard. So if anyone happens to have a spare plant or seed I can have, I'd really appreciate it.... I'm just starting to look towards the end of the year in reference to our budget, upcoming plans, birthdays, and Christmas I'm just .

I received a Pin in my e-mail today for DL and it's awesome. With a one night stay they're including 2 one-day parkhoppers. And the dates for the stay are 10/1/09 - 12/23/09. So of course I'm thinking well if we check in on Dec 17 and go to the park on Dec 18 (my ticket would be free as it's my birthday) so then I just need 2 kid tickets. But the cost of the hotel and the 2 tickets needed are just not in our budget. Then I received a presale code for Disney Live Rockin Road Show but I'd have to purchase the tickets by Sept 29 and that's not in the budget right now either. So I told Josh that we really need to win the lottery or grow a money tree.

Anyway I had a pretty good day and I'm looking forward to seeing what everyone got in their Halloween Exchanges! Can't wait for the Christmas Stocking Exchange either!

steph
That money tree had me remembering a movie I saw many years ago about a lady who finds a money tree growing in her back yard. She puts all the money away in a safe place but when she goes to get it, it has all dried up and crumbles like dried leaves. So, if anyone ever discovers a money tree, pick and spend that money quickly !
Old 09-16-2009, 10:23 AM   #1357
kelmac284
I wish I lived near one of the parks so I could go anytime I wanted
He was so enamoured with her...

Morning divas! Steph I agree about the money tree! If you find one can I have a sprig?

Trudi that is funny about the movie. That would be my luck LOL!

Happy Hump day everyone!! One more week half way done! Got nothing exciting planned for today except a laundry date! Woo Hoo! Might even start some house cleaning although I hate to start TOO early cuz round here it will just get messed up again before my friend gets here LOL. You do it TOO early and you just have to do it AGAIN!

Never ending battle!

I am DEF looking forward to tomorrow though! Survivor fans unite!!! Also I watch a show called Fringe and it starts tomorrow as well! Yahoo! All the shows are finally starting! Monday is Dancing with the stars and Heroes for anyone who likes those shows and I plan to watch that new show Flash Forward on Thursday which is the one where everyone goes to sleep and sees 6 months into their future! It is by the makers of Lost so I figure it has to be good right! And CSI starts again that night as well. And then I personally watch Ghost Whisperer which starts Friday and for any of you that watch Extreme Home Makeover or Amazing Race those start on Sunday!! So LOTS of good tv next week!!! Course I am going to have to tivo most of it cuz it is when my friend is here but still I am excited!

Anyway hope everyone has a good day today and talk soon!

DL 1st trip 76 last trip 3/14 next trip ??
DW 1st trip 5/02 last trip 11/10 next trip ??
Old 09-16-2009, 10:26 AM   #1358
prettyprincessbelle
I'm just excited for the BBQ! Yum YUM!
Pots and pans? Seriously?!

Good morning ladies!

I've been so exhausted lately, I feel like no sleep is ever enough!

Hope everyone is well, I'll catch up later!

Have a great day!
Old 09-16-2009, 10:42 AM   #1359
QueenDoOver
Dis Diva

Good Morning! Just wanted to say if any of you figure out how to get that money tree going, send me a seed!

Courtney, take care and get extra rest. If you don't feel better soon go see your doc. Something else could be going on.
Old 09-16-2009, 10:45 AM   #1360
karylrocks
I know it's only rock 'n roll but I like it.....

Welcome newbies! I'm a newbie too. Yeah, it's intimidating but I decided to just start posting and people can read it or not. There is so much to keep up on that a lot of people just come on every now and then so don't worry about keeping up with everything. Just watch the thread title and you will know when it is time to sign up for stuff. Which reminds me...Heather, what about that Club 33 contest? Don't want to miss that! We should probably start thinking about the matching tees so we can get them ordered; once the holidays hit us we might get too busy to think about it as much. I would be interested to know what days we will be wearing which colors since I will not be staying for the last couple of days and can start figuring out which shirts I need.

Disneyland: 1964, 1977, 1979, 1986, 1987, 1988, 1991, 1995, 2000, 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014
Walt Disney World: 1994, 2001, 2002, 2004, 2008, 2011, 2012, 2013
DCL: Wonder-10 Night Southern Caribbean 2006, Mexican Riviera 2011; Magic-Inaugural Galveston 2012
Aulani: May 2012
Old 09-16-2009, 01:11 PM   #1361
disney-inspired

Disney on the brain 24/7/365!
*grumble* stupid cm *grumble*

Good morning,
I forgot to say that I saw Harry Potter yesterday with Diana. FINALLY! It was good but we were a little late. They are showing it on campus in November so I'll probably watch it again.

Grey's Anatomy starts again next week! My roomie Brynna and I are taking over the MPR (it's the room with a tv and pool tables for the dorm residents) next Thursday night and having a mini-party. I'm excited!

Accounting is starting and I need to pay attention. It's so confusing at times. TTYL.

Everyone have a great day
Old 09-16-2009, 01:40 PM   #1362
mommaU4

Morning ladies!! Lots of cleaning to do today. Just a quick hello from me. Have a great day everyone!
Old 09-16-2009, 01:54 PM   #1363
MotoXPrincess99
Yep, mine is new too
I just googled
Drive-by girl
Today is a GOOD DAY!

I've made actual scrapbooks from the cruise I've gone on. They are neat to look back at and remember the trips. My TR would be pretty much all pictures. I take hundreds each time.
Old 09-16-2009, 02:31 PM   #1364
mommaU4

T-shirt colors and designs

Quote:
Originally Posted by karylrocks View Post
Welcome newbies! I'm a newbie too. Yeah, it's intimidating but I decided to just start posting and people can read it or not. There is so much to keep up on that a lot of people just come on every now and then so don't worry about keeping up with everything. Just watch the thread title and you will know when it is time to sign up for stuff. Which reminds me...Heather, what about that Club 33 contest? Don't want to miss that! We should probably start thinking about the matching tees so we can get them ordered; once the holidays hit us we might get too busy to think about it as much. I would be interested to know what days we will be wearing which colors since I will not be staying for the last couple of days and can start figuring out which shirts I need.
OKay, I have a few moments while the laundry is finishing up so I just thought I'd respond to this.

About Club 33, I know last time Heather and I talked she still wanted to wait a bit more on that. But don't worry, no one will miss it. When she's ready to post it, I will make sure the title is updated so everyone knows it's on!

As for the tees, I haven't given it a whole lot of thought. I am easy and willing to go with the flow on that, but just real quick, what do you all think of this:

Thursday ~ Lime Green tee. Makes it easy to spot other Divas on the first day and will look nice for group shots that evening during the Meet and Greet.

Friday ~ Red tee. I was looking at the pic on the front page of everyone in their red tees for the PFF and it just looked so nice. Very rich and the color just popped, so I thought since we are doing Princess Fantasy Faire on Friday this would be a nice time to do the red again.

Saturday ~ Group tee! Perfect to wear the day of the group scavenger hunt.

Sunday ~ Tie Dye tee. We have some fun events this day like a group trip to Animation Station and Cove bar so I thought a fun tee would work nicely.

Monday ~ Last years Tink tee, or a white tee. No reason, just cause.

Tuesday ~ Blue tee. Because it's the last day and we'll all be sad and blue we are having to leave. lol

Anyway, those were my thoughts. Honestly though it doesn't matter much to me which tee is worn on which day. So everyone feel free to share your thoughts, opinions and comments.

And as for the new group tee, we had a few people who were going to submit designs to vote on. I think Heather was one. Melody mentioned her son possibly working on something. And at one point Bridgette was interested in making one. I think some of that may have changed, so if anyone has a design they like, please feel free to post it.

Last edited by mommaU4; 09-16-2009 at 02:47 PM.
Old 09-16-2009, 02:33 PM   #1365
mommaU4

Quote:
My TR would be pretty much all pictures. I take hundreds each time.
That's ok. I like looking at pics.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: