Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-31-2009, 10:29 PM   #886
sahbushka
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahbushka View Post
Hey all...how's it going? I am still at work and I finished my book 5 hours before the end of my shift . I still have a little over 2 1/2 hours to go. Can you tell I'm bored? Ugh. At least I have another book I can bring tomorrow. Hopefully it will last me all 16 hours!

Sarah
Yeah, the book I brought today only lasted me till 5:30...I underestimated the traffic for a week day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoMickey View Post
And I have good news to share regarding my mom! The cancer dr. said that she does not need to do any radiation and that he does not see any signs of cancer. The surgery took care of it and her blood work up came back negative for any cancer markers. He will continue to moniter her every 6 months for this first year. We all breathed a huge sigh of relief and I am only going to think positive thoughts that she will continue to be cancer free! Now my parents can truly enjoy their trip to Switzerland in Oct.

If it HAS to be Monday...I hope everyone makes the best of it, especially me, bad work attitude today!

Hugs to all
WOOOOOOHOOOOOO!!!! So great to hear Vicki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairykin View Post
beth.. i was just thinking of january the other day.. i hope she is okay. if you want to do early sign up.. i'm in and so is my mother for the october halloween exchange.

debbielouwho... RoCkStAr Princessssssssssssssssssssssss

tina... yeahhhh.... i'm so happy you sold out!

sarah... i can't wait to go on pirates!

cristabel.. you are a WiCkEd WiCkeD girl... i loVe cupcakes so very much..i am SO going to try that one you just mentioned.

vickiiiiiiiii... oh that is wonderful news about your mother!!!

donna..here's to hoping you feel all better reallllly soon!

jane... how is your baby boy doing with school?
Yo Ho Yo Ho a pirates life for me....I can smell it now! YOu know that distinctive smell of that ride....I don't know why but I Love it....It just reminds me of so many great times!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommaU4 View Post
Cristabel, I LOVE Hocus Pocus. We watch it several times during the month of October. And it is great to have playing in the background while baking.

I think it would be too bizarre to see Spiderman at any Disney park. I don't think I'd like that at all.

OKay everyone, I'm going to work on putting up the Halloween sign ups!! I'm just too excited for Fall and Halloween to wait any longer. I will post a link here and on the front page once I am done.

I have never seen Hocus Pocus and I don't want Marvel comics anywhere near the parks...no way no how!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheshiregirl View Post
Cristabel, I'm glad that you had fun, but better you than me on the "FUN" Wheel. There are only two rides at DL that I will never do again--The Teacups and the wheel. But, I am glad you liked it!
I agree about the "fun" wheel....seriously...who's sick idea of fun was that (no offense to you all who like it...I just have to think that your minds have been taken over)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacerita View Post
You must not be watching too much tv then.
No kidding....deffinitely need more tv in your future. Hey, I got an idea. Everytime you get to 100 posts written you need to go watch some. He He He!

Cristabel - sorry I can't pick you up but I will not be driving. I hope someone else will be able to do it cause you absolutely have to come!

Sarah

Old 08-31-2009, 11:06 PM   #887
CaliforniaDreamer

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Yo Ho Yo Ho a pirates life for me....I can smell it now! YOu know that distinctive smell of that ride....I don't know why but I Love it....It just reminds me of so many great times!
BTW, dh told me that Universal and Paramount have dibs on Spidey and other Marvel properties for several years.

Pirates - ah yes. So last time I noticed there was no crab in the beach scene. They kept the room unusually dark so it wasn't too noticable. Then Heather and I realized the pirate hanging over the edge with the dirty foot was also gone. The singing dog and the donkey have come and gone at different times too. And the shadow sword fight in the large ship/battle room is never working.
D23 Expo
Miss Sally's birthday party
Halloween party diva meet
Girl's trip in Feb

Words from Dawn: "i have a strong connection to the earth."
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-31-2009, 11:14 PM   #888
CaliforniaDreamer

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hey, I just reached 38,000 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoMickey View Post

Thanks Jen! I know you do have to pick your battles BUT good news...when she called to ask me to pick her up from marching band practice she said please and thank you in the same conversation!
!
Wow. See, just post it here and
D23 Expo
Miss Sally's birthday party
Halloween party diva meet
Girl's trip in Feb

Words from Dawn: "i have a strong connection to the earth."
Old 08-31-2009, 11:37 PM   #889
BillyFan
My white-trashiest chefy moment ever
I, for one have had a Billy Hill Buzz more once
And thanks so much for warming up the boyfriend for us

Quote:
Originally Posted by cccdisney View Post
Good heavens! How do you do it?

OK -
Should have multi-quoted but didn't.

Capri - hope you are having an awesome time in DLR! I'm very jealous!
Tina - congrats on a great weekend!
Vicki - Congrats on your mom's clean bill of health
Kelly - hope you are feeling better soon
Jen - I saw on a previous post that you are moving? are you moving out of the Bay Area?
Beth - I will be sending you a PM about the halloween exchange

I know there was more, but can't remember much else! Someone posted about Mickey's Fun Wheel. LOVE THAT RIDE! But I will not ride ToT! Hate free-fall drops!

Things have been crazy since getting back from getting Jack's Service Dog. Finally getting caught up - its amazing how far behind you can get when you are away from home for 3 weeks!

ALSO, we are planning a short trip to DLR over Halloween! My older two kids have Oct 29-30 off from school due to a teacher's conference! So we are heading down south. Thankfully my sister has agreed to watch Jack so we can go and RELAX! (Sorry if that sounds bad - but if you are a parent of a special needs child you will understand.) He and his new Service Dog, Oakley, will be coming with us in November.

Got to go figure out dinner - have I ever mentioned how much I HATE dinnertime?!?
I think that is totally fine. You deserve a break, and he will have a great time with his Auntie!

Quote:

Sarah
We always say there's nothing like the smell of Pirates in the morning!

Old 09-01-2009, 12:32 AM   #890
sahbushka
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyFan View Post
We always say there's nothing like the smell of Pirates in the morning!
LOL~

Sarah

Old 09-01-2009, 12:44 AM   #891
DangerMouse
Dangerously Addicted to Disneyland
I guess they saw me coming at full throttle and decided I meant business
I'm in a bit of an evil mood today

Quote:
LOL~

Sarah
Hey Sarah, off-topic question for ya! Can you tell me what documentation is currently required for crossing the border up there for both adults and children? Just thinking if we want to visit Vancouver sometime . . .

DLR trips: 3/98 (Stovalls); 12/99 (Islander); 12/02 (DI); 12/03 (DI); 12/04 (Portofino); 4/05 (HoJo); 6/05 (GCH); 9/05 (HoJo); 12/05 (HoJo); 2/06 (DLH); 1/07 (HoJo); 11/07 (HoJo); 2/08 (HoJo); 4/08 (HoJo); 6/08 (Ramada Ltd.); 10/08 (PPH); 3/09 (HoJo & Club 33 Baybee!); 2/10 (HoJo); 12/11 (HoJo/DLH)
WDW Trips: 4/11 (SSR Villas) 1/13 (POR)
Old 09-01-2009, 01:07 AM   #892
sahbushka
DIS Veteran

To go into Canada I am pretty sure they only require the birth certificate and photo id for adults and only a birth certificate for a child born in the us or canada who is under the age of 16. Coming back into the states you are supposed to have a passport, nexus card, or enhanced drivers lisence if you are 16 or older but if you are a us citizen we cannot legally deny you entry to your own country, so you WILL be let back in without those docs, but you may be sent inside for them to determine that you are in fact a us citizen. Children under 16 just need a bc if again they are us or canadian citizens. This is all for traveling by land between the 2 countries...air and marine are different.

I took the family up to Vancouver in May. We went to the Vancouver Aquarium and met up with Vicki for lunch as she was in town! Depending on the timing if you are up in the area and want to meet for a meal let me know!

Sarah

Old 09-01-2009, 01:14 AM   #893
mommaU4

The one who started it - DIS ladies do DLR
Well, I never said I wasn't insane. I just don't want them thinking that

Quote:
You must not be watching too much tv then.
Multi-task. lol

Quote:
And all that talk of cupcakes has me craving one now.
I know, right??!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lulubelle View Post
Holy Crap Beth!
How on earth have you done that?
Well, I will just say this - I am grateful for every post I have read that you have written.
Awww, thank you. A good portion of it was done on the WDW ladies only trip thread. That used to move fast. 25-35 pages daily!
Then the rest was all done on our threads.

I don't post anywhere else on the DIS like the CB or anything.

Quote:
I have never seen Hocus Pocus
You should watch it. It's funny. "Amuck, amuck, amuck!" (watch it, then you'll get that, haha)

Night ladies!!
Old 09-01-2009, 10:24 AM   #894
kelmac284
I wish I lived near one of the parks so I could go anytime I wanted
He was so enamoured with her...

Morning all! Thanks so much for all my friends that added me to facebook! I feel like such a part of the "gang" LOL. I haven't gone and checked out everyone's pages yet but I am still so new to it. I only had a few friends but it is so fun. I have already met a few old friends from high school and it is lots of fun!

And the GREAT news, I WENT to the concert!!! Yesterday I ventured out to meet mom for lunch as a test. That went well so I just kept taking it easy and hoping for the best. I wasn't too hungry and I just headed up there and figured I could grab something VERY light there if I had too. Eating is what scares me cuz at this point if I eat the wrong thing then I am in the bathroom and I am DONE! But anyway we ran into HUGE traffic because this amphitheater is out in the middle of nowhere and the highway to get there is only 2 lane! NOT good planning on there part. We ran into COMPLETELY stopped traffic probably 10 miles from where we had to turn off. Then once we finally DID get off the offramp it was a 4 lane road and they had 3 lanes going in one direction and it was STILL super slow. We could hear Saving Abel playing and JUST as we got close they sang Addicted to which is my favorite song of theres. So we TOTALLY missed them. I was really bummed because I like them and I don't even really KNOW Papa Roach but oh well. Anyway we got in there and hurried to our seats and since Shane is not a big Hinder fan he went and got me a piece of cheese pizza and a glass of water and then some nachos and sodas for him and the girls. He was pretty much gone the entire set of Hinder. Then he and I both had to go to the bathroom so we went out and while we were out decided to get shirts cuz we promised the girls a T-shirt from their first ever concert. I saw all these people with shirts that had all 4 bands on it but they didn't have those at the stand so I had to get one with just Nickelback on it. They had been scalping some half price in the parking lot but I knew you would have to pay cash and I didn't want to waste the little cash I had in the beginning cuz I knew I might need it for food or whatever. But at the end of the night they were down to 10 bucks and that was the shirt I REALLY wanted so I got 2! LOL

But anyway Papa Roach was ok but not really my thing but Shane likes them but Nickelback WOW!! I have been to MANY concerts in my day as I used to date a guy who worked at a rock station so I got to go to a LOT of concerts but this is right up there and I think maybe my fav ever! Or at least it ties with Aerosmith!

They played for almost 2 hours and they even had the lead singer from Hinder and P Roach come out and they did a jam of Highway to Hell from AC/DC. It was great. And Chad even did Low Places by Garth Brooks. It was pretty funny!

Luckily it wasn't too hot and I have to say when the weather is good an outdoor concert IS nice. It was perfect! I am just SO glad I was able to go and thanks for any pixie dust or good thoughts any of you gave cuz it meant a lot to me to be able to go to that!

Anyway today I've got nothing going on and I am paying a little bit for being up till 1 and I didn't get a chance to take my meds last night so I am hurting a bit today but it was still worth it! The girls are beat and they have soccer tonight so they are going to be hurtin puppies but they had fun!

Tomorrow is FINALLY my follow up apt and then back to school night, Thurs is soccer pics and Fri is that birthday party for shelby and then the holiday weekend. We have nothing planned and I am actually hoping to catch up on some rental movies and just to relax and enjoy our last holiday weekend for a bit!

Hope everyone has a GREAT day today and talk soon!!

DL 1st trip 76 last trip 3/14 next trip ??
DW 1st trip 5/02 last trip 11/10 next trip ??
Old 09-01-2009, 10:28 AM   #895
prettyprincessbelle
I'm just excited for the BBQ! Yum YUM!
Pots and pans? Seriously?!

Gooodddd morrnniiinggg ladies!!!!!
Old 09-01-2009, 10:36 AM   #896
DangerMouse
Dangerously Addicted to Disneyland
I guess they saw me coming at full throttle and decided I meant business
I'm in a bit of an evil mood today

Quote:
To go into Canada I am pretty sure they only require the birth certificate and photo id for adults and only a birth certificate for a child born in the us or canada who is under the age of 16. Coming back into the states you are supposed to have a passport, nexus card, or enhanced drivers lisence if you are 16 or older but if you are a us citizen we cannot legally deny you entry to your own country, so you WILL be let back in without those docs, but you may be sent inside for them to determine that you are in fact a us citizen. Children under 16 just need a bc if again they are us or canadian citizens. This is all for traveling by land between the 2 countries...air and marine are different.

I took the family up to Vancouver in May. We went to the Vancouver Aquarium and met up with Vicki for lunch as she was in town! Depending on the timing if you are up in the area and want to meet for a meal let me know!

Sarah
Thanks, Sarah!

DLR trips: 3/98 (Stovalls); 12/99 (Islander); 12/02 (DI); 12/03 (DI); 12/04 (Portofino); 4/05 (HoJo); 6/05 (GCH); 9/05 (HoJo); 12/05 (HoJo); 2/06 (DLH); 1/07 (HoJo); 11/07 (HoJo); 2/08 (HoJo); 4/08 (HoJo); 6/08 (Ramada Ltd.); 10/08 (PPH); 3/09 (HoJo & Club 33 Baybee!); 2/10 (HoJo); 12/11 (HoJo/DLH)
WDW Trips: 4/11 (SSR Villas) 1/13 (POR)
Old 09-01-2009, 10:44 AM   #897
fairykin

i say all kinds of monKey things
i just went *FaFiNkA~CLeeeeeeeeeeK*

HiYa SweetBabIeS!
What's shakIn' with everybody today?

My Dad is picking me up at noon and I'm going to spend the afternoon with my parents. We will have a happy time, playing cards and visiting. I baked a cake for them and will bring over a yummy salad for lunch.

Ahhhhh i Live the GLaMoRoUs LiFe

I am sooooooooooooo HaPpPy about the Halloween exchange.. i think it's going to be alot of fun! Thanks Beth for all the work you are doing with it!
Old 09-01-2009, 11:04 AM   #898
CoMickey
Happy Dweedle... or is that Tweedle?

Good morning all! Hope everyone is having a good morning. One day close to the weekend...but whose counting, right?

Quote:

Sarah
And it was great meeting up with you and your adorable family. Looking forward to seeing you again in a few weeks!

Quote:

I know, right??!
LOL! We say that at our house too...it was kind of annoying when the kids were saying it all the time but now Mr. CA and I've picked it up and we use it on them now! It's fun to be a parent sometimes.

Quote:
HiYa SweetBabIeS!
What's shakIn' with everybody today?

My Dad is picking me up at noon and I'm going to spend the afternoon with my parents. We will have a happy time, playing cards and visiting. I baked a cake for them and will bring over a yummy salad for lunch.

Ahhhhh i Live the GLaMoRoUs LiFe
Sounds like a fun way to spend the day! I love playing cards with my parents when I get the chance! What is your yummy salad? I am always looking for new salad recipes.

Old 09-01-2009, 11:24 AM   #899
fairykin

i say all kinds of monKey things
i just went *FaFiNkA~CLeeeeeeeeeeK*

Hey Vicki! Just a few more days and I get to meet you! I am looking forward to that. Welll.. it has oven baked chicken breast that i lightly breaded with a italian bread crumb and grated parmesean mixture... then i toss the chicken in a little buffalo sauce.. let it cool.
Toss lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber bits, grated cheese, crumbled bacon, slivers of celery a little grated carrots ..and you mix it all together. then i put a little of the Big Blue blue cheese dressing on it whenit's served. Probably not very healthy but really yummy It's my Dad's favorite

I love the movie... Practical Magic with Sandra Bullock and Nicole Kidman.. the ending always makes my heart go aaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwww...
Old 09-01-2009, 12:29 PM   #900
BillyFan
My white-trashiest chefy moment ever
I, for one have had a Billy Hill Buzz more once
And thanks so much for warming up the boyfriend for us

Quote:
Hey Vicki! Just a few more days and I get to meet you! I am looking forward to that. Welll.. it has oven baked chicken breast that i lightly breaded with a italian bread crumb and grated parmesean mixture... then i toss the chicken in a little buffalo sauce.. let it cool.
Toss lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber bits, grated cheese, crumbled bacon, slivers of celery a little grated carrots ..and you mix it all together. then i put a little of the Big Blue blue cheese dressing on it whenit's served. Probably not very healthy but really yummy It's my Dad's favorite

I love the movie... Practical Magic with Sandra Bullock and Nicole Kidman.. the ending always makes my heart go aaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwww...
Yummy! Have fun with your mom and dad, Dawn!

Kelly--I'm glad you got to go to the concet last night! I was thinking about you, hoping that you were feeling up to it.

Good morning to all! i am slow-moving again today, but I need to get off my lazy butt and get to work. I need coffee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: