Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-31-2009, 06:47 PM   #871
Queenbillabong
Second to the right and straight on til morning
Just like melted butter
We may need a table by the loo

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney-inspired View Post
Dawn - When they refer to the "swinging gondolas of death" they are referring to the mobile baskets on Mickey's Fun wheel. It's not that scary. It's like those pirate ship boat rides at carnivals. They swing from left to right but in the basket it's not as intense and you certainly DON'T flip over. It's a beautiful view and the breeze feels very nice.
No way, no how!!! Way scary! Me no likey at all I love the Teacups though
Old 08-31-2009, 07:08 PM   #872
grizbuzz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoMickey View Post
Now we can go play this upcoming weekend. I think we'll even make it to DL one day...that is if DD 15 can say please...geez what is so difficult about being polite and saying please and thank you? Her almost 13 yo DB can do it so why can't she? Stubborness maybe?

And I have good news to share regarding my mom! The cancer dr. said that she does not need to do any radiation and that he does not see any signs of cancer. The surgery took care of it and her blood work up came back negative for any cancer markers. He will continue to moniter her every 6 months for this first year. We all breathed a huge sigh of relief and I am only going to think positive thoughts that she will continue to be cancer free! Now my parents can truly enjoy their trip to Switzerland in Oct.

If it HAS to be Monday...I hope everyone makes the best of it, especially me, bad work attitude today!

Hugs to all
YEAH for your Mom!!!
So glad to hear.

Annoying about the DD15. Choose your battles wisely.

Me DH DS (11) DS (9)
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-31-2009, 07:11 PM   #873
kelmac284
I wish I lived near one of the parks so I could go anytime I wanted
He was so enamoured with her...

Vicki congrats on your mom's clean bill of health and good wishes to them on their trip. I LOVE Switzerland. I want to go back soooo bad! Ah someday!

Thanks Cristabel. Yeah you know like they say when life gives you nothing but lemons 90% of the time what else can you do but make Lemonade right? LOL. I know you guys probably think I am the biggest mess that ever walked on the earth but such is my life it seems. There ARE good things obviously. My girls are the lights of my life and I think that is why I am so sad a lot of the time, esp right now, when my health is preventing me from doing stuff with them. I HATED missing their soccer games this weekend ( I don't go to practices cuz of the heat and my migraines) but I have NEVER missed a game. And Shelby has a birthday this Friday and I was thinking if this thing doesn't get better I might have to send Lynn cuz I didn't want her going to Chuck E Cheese by herself. I don't trust strangers and such. I don't know the parents of this little boy and no offense but I don't trust other people to watch my child like I would.

Wed is back to school night and I am REALLY hoping that tonight and the next few days go well cuz again I don't want to miss out on meeting their teachers etc.

Plus this place, all of you my friends and just Disney in general makes all the other crapola worth it. I think too once Lynn moves on again things will get a lot better. Sure there will still be stress here and there but that is one of the biggest things.

She got a job and I think she has ALREADY lost it before she even started. She got a job at KFC when she was living in Yuba City and worked there all of one day because she asked for 2 days off the first week and they said no and fired her. She lied to us and told us she was laid off but Shane's stepdad told us the truth cuz he knew the manager and he was the one that got her the job. I think she has done it AGAIN.

She had her orientation 2 weeks ago and she claimed last week that the manager just magically for some strange reason "wouldn't" put her on the schedule till this week cuz she was being a "B". Yeah right! So then I ask her today when she is working and she says she called them and asked for tonight off to go to the concert and they "supposedly" told her they wanted her to work tonight and since she couldn't they wouldn't schedule her the rest of the week. SORRY, DON'T buy it! I think she either got fired last week or this week for whatever crap she pulled and she is just lying AGAIN.

She kept bragging how she had a job and was going to pay for this or that and I was like don't brag till you have actually WORKED. Well sure as heck she hasn't even worked ONE day and I will guarantee she is probably fired already.

I am not surprised. Plus she NOW says she wants to join the marines. We told her we thought the military would be a good thing for her but the air force or army. NOT the marines. She is hell bent on doing the marines to "prove" to us that she can do it. I told her it is not about getting through basic training it is what the branch can offer you as far as a job etc. But like always she is like talking to a stone! The recruiter told her that the diploma she got from the independant study was not good enough and she had to go BACK to school. Again "I told you so" was ringing in my ears but she won't hear it. So IF she wants to join the military she is going to HAVE to find a way to complete those courses she bailed on. I knew that you can't just drop out half way through your jr year then go for 2 months to a correspondence course and graduate!

Anyway so evenutally when she gets her head out of her butt and figures out what the heck she is going to do with herself MY life will be a WHOLE lot less stressful I know that.

Anyway I am going to go sign up for the halloween exchange. Now THAT is exciting!!

DL 1st trip 76 last trip 3/14 next trip ??
DW 1st trip 5/02 last trip 11/10 next trip ??
Old 08-31-2009, 08:08 PM   #874
mommaU4

The one who started it - DIS ladies do DLR
Well, I never said I wasn't insane. I just don't want them thinking that

Hey, I just reached 38,000 posts.
Old 08-31-2009, 08:18 PM   #875
Queenbillabong
Second to the right and straight on til morning
Just like melted butter
We may need a table by the loo

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommaU4 View Post
Hey, you talk a LOT
Old 08-31-2009, 08:26 PM   #876
Stacerita
DIS Veteran

Quote:
You must not be watching too much tv then.

Inappropriate graphics will be deleted from signatures.
Please remember this is a family-friendly site
Old 08-31-2009, 08:29 PM   #877
cccdisney
DIS Diva

Quote:
Good heavens! How do you do it?

OK -
Should have multi-quoted but didn't.

Capri - hope you are having an awesome time in DLR! I'm very jealous!
Tina - congrats on a great weekend!
Vicki - Congrats on your mom's clean bill of health
Kelly - hope you are feeling better soon
Jen - I saw on a previous post that you are moving? are you moving out of the Bay Area?
Beth - I will be sending you a PM about the halloween exchange

I know there was more, but can't remember much else! Someone posted about Mickey's Fun Wheel. LOVE THAT RIDE! But I will not ride ToT! Hate free-fall drops!

Things have been crazy since getting back from getting Jack's Service Dog. Finally getting caught up - its amazing how far behind you can get when you are away from home for 3 weeks!

ALSO, we are planning a short trip to DLR over Halloween! My older two kids have Oct 29-30 off from school due to a teacher's conference! So we are heading down south. Thankfully my sister has agreed to watch Jack so we can go and RELAX! (Sorry if that sounds bad - but if you are a parent of a special needs child you will understand.) He and his new Service Dog, Oakley, will be coming with us in November.

Got to go figure out dinner - have I ever mentioned how much I HATE dinnertime?!?
Old 08-31-2009, 08:31 PM   #878
Stacerita
DIS Veteran

Vicki - that is great news about your mom.

And all that talk of cupcakes has me craving one now.

Old 08-31-2009, 08:37 PM   #879
disney-inspired

Disney on the brain 24/7/365!
*grumble* stupid cm *grumble*

Quote:
Mrs. Chatterbox
Old 08-31-2009, 08:38 PM   #880
disney-inspired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacerita View Post

Hey, I'll meet you at Disneyland or DCA for one
Old 08-31-2009, 08:43 PM   #881
Stacerita
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hey, I'll meet you at Disneyland or DCA for one
Sounds like a plan!

Old 08-31-2009, 08:56 PM   #882
disney-inspired

Quote:
Sounds like a plan!
Give me a date and a time and I'll be there
Old 08-31-2009, 08:56 PM   #883
toocherie

By the way, the foregoing is not LEGAL advice
I'm also easy--it says so on all the bathroom walls

Quote:
Originally Posted by cccdisney View Post
ALSO, we are planning a short trip to DLR over Halloween! My older two kids have Oct 29-30 off from school due to a teacher's conference! So we are heading down south. Thankfully my sister has agreed to watch Jack so we can go and RELAX! (Sorry if that sounds bad - but if you are a parent of a special needs child you will understand.) He and his new Service Dog, Oakley, will be coming with us in November.
totally can understand it--he will be well taken care of by his Aunt (and will probably have a great time!) And you need a break too.

Old 08-31-2009, 09:27 PM   #884
lulubelle
I am Miss Klutz Woman
We could seriously have a Pirate Party in there!
As far as pants go, we were not allowed to wear them

Quote:
Holy Crap Beth!
How on earth have you done that?
Well, I will just say this - I am grateful for every post I have read that you have written.

DH~You will forever be in my heart
Old 08-31-2009, 10:15 PM   #885
CoMickey
Happy Dweedle... or is that Tweedle?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lulubelle View Post
YAY for Vicki's mom!

I am so ready for all this smoke to go away (and the fires to be put out, too) and the temps to drop. It was soooo hot at my house this weekend. Just walking to my mailbox was a chore and broke out a sweat.
Thank you! And I am ready for the temps to drop too. My car said it was 100 today when I went to pick up the kids from school.

Quote:
Dawn - When they refer to the "swinging gondolas of death" they are referring to the mobile baskets on Mickey's Fun wheel. It's not that scary. It's like those pirate ship boat rides at carnivals. They swing from left to right but in the basket it's not as intense and you certainly DON'T flip over. It's a beautiful view and the breeze feels very nice.

Vicki - I'm glad to hear your mom is cancer-free!
Thanks Cristabel...and I hate the swinging gondolas of death! I rode them once and I will never do it again! I am not a ferris wheel fan any way and that one is just a ride from he** I swear and I don't swear often.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grizbuzz View Post
YEAH for your Mom!!!
So glad to hear.

Annoying about the DD15. Choose your battles wisely.
Thanks Jen! I know you do have to pick your battles BUT good news...when she called to ask me to pick her up from marching band practice she said please and thank you in the same conversation!

Oh and Jen - we are likely coming to DL this weekend. I'll give you a call if we do and hopefully we could meet if only to say hello! Good luck if I don't see you before you run the 1/2 marathon, it's supposed to be a bit cooler this weekend!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelmac284 View Post
Vicki congrats on your mom's clean bill of health and good wishes to them on their trip. I LOVE Switzerland. I want to go back soooo bad! Ah someday!
Thanks Kelly and I know that soon you'll be telling us that you are feeling 100% too! Hang in there! I want to go to Switzerland, I've never been!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cccdisney View Post

Vicki - Congrats on your mom's clean bill of health

Got to go figure out dinner - have I ever mentioned how much I HATE dinnertime?!?
Thank you!

Have a fun time during your Halloween DL trip! I love the Halloween decorations and the overlays!

I'm with you on the hating dinnertime thing! I think we should work something out with Tina to ship us meals!

Quote:

Thanks Stacey! How are things in your part of the city? Are you coming to the Sept. meet with Sarah or will you be around for the D23 convention? Would love to see you again!

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: