Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-31-2009, 12:19 PM   #841
CoMickey
Happy Dweedle... or is that Tweedle?

Good morning! Well, it's Monday and I wish it were still the weekend! We stayed home the entire weekend and didn't eat out once. That is huge for us!! What a great weekend. I do love going and doing all that CA has to offer but it seems we are always on the go so this was a nice change. We did a lot around the house and after almost a year it's looking less like a bachelor pad and more like 'our' house.

Now we can go play this upcoming weekend. I think we'll even make it to DL one day...that is if DD 15 can say please...geez what is so difficult about being polite and saying please and thank you? Her almost 13 yo DB can do it so why can't she? Stubborness maybe?

Tina - Awesome job on the sellout! I wish you lived closer I want to hire you to cook for us, I don't really enjoy cooking and I would be very nice to you! Bob could give me you as a Christmas gift! Last year I gave him a gardner that comes once a week so I think your services would be the perfect gift for me this year! Maybe you could freeze a weeks worth of meals and FedX them...hmmm???

Kelly - Continued good thoughts coming your way and hoping you are painfree soon.

Beth - I am ready whenever you are for the Halloween sign up!

And I have good news to share regarding my mom! The cancer dr. said that she does not need to do any radiation and that he does not see any signs of cancer. The surgery took care of it and her blood work up came back negative for any cancer markers. He will continue to moniter her every 6 months for this first year. We all breathed a huge sigh of relief and I am only going to think positive thoughts that she will continue to be cancer free! Now my parents can truly enjoy their trip to Switzerland in Oct.

If it HAS to be Monday...I hope everyone makes the best of it, especially me, bad work attitude today!

Hugs to all

Old 08-31-2009, 12:20 PM   #842
eatmypixiedust
I'm coming to you live from Disneyland on my sidekick 3
Yes but the PHAT kind. That makes you cool!

Location: As long as there are Dole Whip Floats I'm a happy camper :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairykin View Post
You're pillows are sooooooo Cute!!! I've been watching the ones you've posted.. and they are unique. Really fun!
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommaU4 View Post

Rochelle ~ Cute pillows. You are so creative.
Thanks Beth!
Register to remove

Old 08-31-2009, 12:23 PM   #843
cheshiregirl

Prayers do work
Maseca!

Happy Monday everyone!

I got to work this morning and discovered that I have a pretty free calendar today--the only official meeting I have doesn't start until 4:30 this afternoon. So, I am catching up on all sorts of important things (like the Dis).

Wishing everyone peace, love and happiness!
Old 08-31-2009, 12:26 PM   #844
mommaU4

The one who started it - DIS ladies do DLR
Well, I never said I wasn't insane. I just don't want them thinking that

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoMickey View Post
And I have good news to share regarding my mom! The cancer dr. said that she does not need to do any radiation and that he does not see any signs of cancer. The surgery took care of it and her blood work up came back negative for any cancer markers. He will continue to moniter her every 6 months for this first year. We all breathed a huge sigh of relief and I am only going to think positive thoughts that she will continue to be cancer free! Now my parents can truly enjoy their trip to Switzerland in Oct.
What wonderful news, and what an amazing relief for you and your parents!!!! And knowing she is healthy will only make their trip that much more relaxing, special and memorable.
Old 08-31-2009, 12:30 PM   #845
mommaU4

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheshiregirl View Post

I got to work this morning and discovered that I have a pretty free calendar today--the only official meeting I have doesn't start until 4:30 this afternoon. So, I am catching up on all sorts of important things (like the Dis).
Nice.
Old 08-31-2009, 12:35 PM   #846
kelmac284
I wish I lived near one of the parks so I could go anytime I wanted
He was so enamoured with her...

Deb I was waiting with baited breath to hear how the concert was. OH I SO hope I can go tonight!!! I am thinking with all my positive thoughts and vibes!!!! Glad you liked it and had fun. Were the other bands good? Hope so!

I just hope if I DO go it is not too hot since it is an outdoor deal! That could def add to my troubles if I get overheated on top of everything else. Hmmmm. We shall see.

Thanks so much Dawn. I just got off the phone with my shrink's office and this time I asked to talk to the office manager. Completely skipped the billing lady. So now SHE is going to call Pacificare and find out what the hey! All I know is it BETTER get resolved cuz it is getting ridiculous! Plus I think it is pretty unprofessional of them to be hounding me over a stupid 30 bill. They actually made me do a PHONE apt when I was sick one day and couldn't leave the bathroom. They have a 3 day cancellation policy or you have to pay the 40 copay so they told me if I didn't do the phone apt I would get charged either way. Then I talked to him for all of 5 minutes. But he STILL charged ME 40 and my insurance 175! RIPOFF! I am glad I am not going there anymore. It seems to me they care more about money than their patients. I cancelled all my apts and they haven't even bothered to inquire about me. Not very professional if you ask me. After all I am on medication that can't be refilled except by them and they know that and yet I am no longer going there so they just don't care if I go off it I guess. ( I don't plan to I am going to try and get it from my MD but still THEY don't know that!)

But anyway Beth I 100% agree with you. Spring used to be my fav time of year cuz it is DEF my fav weather but fall is turning into my fav because I love the changing weather when it starts to turn cool and the changing leaves. I love back to school cuz it is so exciting for the kids and all the stuff that goes on, school pics and everything is new. Plus it is soccer season and that is exciting. There is just a lot going on plus I LOVE halloween. I went to target and got the cutest little hand towels for my bathroom with pumpkins and ghosts on them and I can't wait to decorate my house and of course the kids LOVE dressing up and then of course there is the Oct DL trip!

LOVE DL in Oct. It is so fun and festive! I am looking forward to the exchange too!

I just want to hurry up and get better so I can do fun stuff again!

Oh and P.S. those cupcakes DO sound YUM!

DL 1st trip 76 last trip 3/14 next trip ??
DW 1st trip 5/02 last trip 11/10 next trip ??
Old 08-31-2009, 12:48 PM   #847
CaliforniaDreamer

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Good morning! Well, it's Monday and I wish it were still the weekend! We stayed home the entire weekend and didn't eat out once. That is huge for us!! What a great weekend. I do love going and doing all that CA has to offer but it seems we are always on the go so this was a nice change. We did a lot around the house and after almost a year it's looking less like a bachelor pad and more like 'our' house.

Now we can go play this upcoming weekend. I think we'll even make it to DL one day...that is if DD 15 can say please...geez what is so difficult about being polite and saying please and thank you? Her almost 13 yo DB can do it so why can't she? Stubborness maybe?

And I have good news to share regarding my mom! The cancer dr. said that she does not need to do any radiation and that he does not see any signs of cancer. The surgery took care of it and her blood work up came back negative for any cancer markers. He will continue to moniter her every 6 months for this first year. We all breathed a huge sigh of relief and I am only going to think positive thoughts that she will continue to be cancer free!:
Vicki, that is great news! Big relief.

Has DD ever been good at "please" and "thank you?" Maybe it's a phase?

It's amazing how much can get done by staying home all weekend and work on the house. My DH is not good at that.

Quote:
Happy Monday everyone!

Hi Jane!

Quote:
[

Deb ~ Sounds like the concert, and bar time afterward, totally rocked!!

Rochelle ~ Cute pillows. You are so creative.

Kelly ~ Hang in there hon. Hope the hurting stops soon.

Donna ~ How are you feeling??

Michelle ~ Glad to hear your computer is back on the mend so you can get on more often.

**Oh, is anyone interested in starting the Halloween sign ups early? I was going to wait until this Friday, but if anyone would like me to start them sooner, say the word. That way, we can get names sooner and have more shopping time. It's up to you.
Hi Beth! Earlier is better. That way you won't get any late ones coming in after Halloween. Can you put the link here please? (notice I said "please"

I am not feeling that bad, but resigned to my "home arrest" Tomorrow ends the three days, but the doc wanted me to take it easy for a week (so like 4 more days). Cough sounds two notes higher, which is good.

Michelle congrats on finishing!

Deb, the concert sounds great.

Rochelle, great style!

The smoke from the fires is heavier today as I look out (meaning this is smoke that has fallen and settled over the city). So it's just as well I can't go out. The news said it might rain later (light and short) and that would be wonderful for the fire fighters.

Did you hear on the news that 1) Disney bought Marvel comics? That means Spidey will be coming to DL. and 2) the dragon will be up Monday 8:15 PM.
D23 Expo
Miss Sally's birthday party
Halloween party diva meet
Girl's trip in Feb

Words from Dawn: "i have a strong connection to the earth."

Last edited by CaliforniaDreamer; 08-31-2009 at 01:09 PM.
Old 08-31-2009, 01:10 PM   #848
toocherie

By the way, the foregoing is not LEGAL advice
I'm also easy--it says so on all the bathroom walls

Quote:
Yay! for good medical news. I'm sure it is such a relief for you and your family (and especially your Mom!)

As for me I am working at home but getting ready to go into the office. Hope everyone has a nice Monday!

Old 08-31-2009, 01:13 PM   #849
BillyFan
My white-trashiest chefy moment ever
I, for one have had a Billy Hill Buzz more once
And thanks so much for warming up the boyfriend for us

Quote:
Originally Posted by DangerMouse View Post
Tina, your mom rocks! What an awesome lady. Is she planning on coming to the Feb trip? Woo hoo on your success this weekend. Didja save a sammie for me? Congratulations! Hope you get some time to recover and rest up this week.
Thanks Callie! My mom does rock! And yes, she is planning on the October adn February trips.

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenDoOver View Post
I feel the same way! It is hard to keep up right now. I hope your WDW trip works out. You will have to share all your new found knowledge once you have it, because I am going to be about 2-3 years behind you

Wow! You are amazing. I have done some of those festivals when I did restaurant work years ago. It is crazy!

Good Morning to everyone else. Hope you have a great day. We have our ZipRealty Family bbq today and are having brisket from a local bbq company. I am so ready for it after reading Dave's recipe. Hope it is half as good as Dave's sounds. My darn 6 year old remembers that I told him I would take him to Chuckee Cheese before summer was over and darn if we don't only have 2 days, so guess where I will be going soon. I really hate that place.
Thanks Tracy! Did I ever tell you that Marty workedfor Zip a few years ago?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelmac284 View Post
Morning all! Well Capri I am sure you won't see this but I am so happy for you and hope you are having a GREAT time! That was a scary dream. I do stuff like that all the time but I am sure it will all be just fine! Go and have a blast and bring back lots of pics!!

Cristabel glad you had fun yesterday! Sounds like a perfect day to go except for the weather!

Sara that is great news that you have all your money almost saved. Wish I could say the same. I still have to buy Shane and the girls passes for Oct!! I am waiting till right before we go though cuz we are still broke from D.C.! Haven't even THOUGHT about Feb yet!

The verdict is STILL out about tonight. I had a pretty good day all day yesterday and then a bad night again so I am really torn. Shane is afraid if I go and then I start feeling bad he doesn't want us ALL to have to leave. He told me I should maybe even take my own car but of course the place we are going is an HOUR a way from our house so like I REALLY want to have to drive MYSELF home if I start feeling bad for a whole hour! NOT! Dang it I wish it was at our local place that was close and I wish it wasn't outside and 4 bands! It would be SO much easier! UGH!

And Dawn I agree I would LOVE not to have stress but in this house it is practically impossible. Since Lynn has come back it is constantly around and with my mental issues telling someone like me NOT to stress is like telling a tree not to be brown. It is not in my nature. That is a big part of my disorder is Anxiety and even though I take medication I just CAN'T not stress no matter how hard I try. And Shane is really bad about NOT caring. He just blows stuff over and let's stuff go and that drives someone like me nuts. I have asked him to deal with my doctor bills so I didn't HAVE to get stressed about it and he did a few times but then he told me he didn't have time to deal with it anymore and I needed to do it!

And as far as Lynn goes it is a constant thing. She is doing something practically daily that stresses BOTH of us out. Most of the time I try to just ignore it but this REALLY ticked me off because the dental people or the doctors or whatever call ME not Shane cuz I am the contact person and he claims he can't deal with it cuz he is "too busy".

So unfortunately I am stuck with it.

But anyway I know what you mean and believe me I want nothing more than to have the next few months go by. February is more exciting to me for more than just the trip Lynn turns 18 and she will be off probation and that means she can move on! Stress over!

Anyway enough of that. As of right now I am hurting so I am just going to wait and see how the rest of the day goes. IF I feel better during the day I may try it but it is not looking very promising.

Anyway I hope everyone else has a good day!!

Take care and talk later!
Kelly--I hope you have a good day, so you can go to the concert.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordansmomma View Post
Hi ladies

I hope everyone is doing well today.

Capri~ I hope you are having safe travels!

I am exhausted!! It was a nice long weekend.
Nickelback was AWESOME!!!!!!
Then I went to a bar and met a few of the band members from
Saving Abel. It was a great night! They sang happy birthday to my
friend Amber. Then I worked last night.
I am just pooped!!
Sounds like a fun weekend!

Quote:

Tina - Awesome job on the sellout! I wish you lived closer I want to hire you to cook for us, I don't really enjoy cooking and I would be very nice to you! Bob could give me you as a Christmas gift! Last year I gave him a gardner that comes once a week so I think your services would be the perfect gift for me this year! Maybe you could freeze a weeks worth of meals and FedX them...hmmm???

Hmmmmmmm, We may need to try to work something out.

Kelly - Continued good thoughts coming your way and hoping you are painfree soon.

Beth - I am ready whenever you are for the Halloween sign up!

Thank goodness!!!

If it HAS to be Monday...I hope everyone makes the best of it, especially me, bad work attitude today!

Hugs to all
Can you all believe I am still in bed? I'm feeling so lazy after the weekend, but I have to get up and get crack-a-lacking on my week!

Old 08-31-2009, 01:14 PM   #850
disney-inspired

Disney on the brain 24/7/365!
*grumble* stupid cm *grumble*

Quote:
Originally Posted by DangerMouse View Post
How cute! "For The Birds" is my favorite Pixar short!
Quote:

Cristabel ~ OMG, your cupcake sounds yummy!!!

Quote:
OK, I realize I already mentioned in my previous post about how good this sounds, but darn it the more I think about it, the more my mouth drools!!!!!

I cannot express how much I wish our stupid weather would cool down so I can start some yummy Fall baking!!! I want my kitchen to be filled with the scents of pumpkin, nutmeg, and cinnamon.

But we have days and days, maybe weeks, of triple digit temps in the forecast, so all that baking will have to wait.

Anyway, hope it was as good as it sounds Cristabel!!
It was delicious! I had to eat it sideways to get the correct frosting to cupcake ratio. I love Disneyland cupcakes because a) their frosting is so yummy and b) the bread is SO moist. I can't wait to start baking either. I will be shoving whatever I bake into my roomies mouths because I don't need to gain anymore weight but baking is just a fun thing to do! Once October hits I'm going watch Hocus Pocus while I bake some Halloween cookies

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliforniaDreamer View Post

Did you hear on the news that 1) Disney bought Marvel comics? That means Spidey will be coming to DL. and 2) the dragon will be up Monday 8:15 PM.
NOOOOOO!
Keep all Marvel comics away from Disney! That's great that they bought Marvel but if they know what's good for them they will keep all super heroes the he** out of anything Disney. I love super heroes and Marvel but if Disney starts mishmashing everything, our beautiful DL and WDW will start to look like Universal!!!
Old 08-31-2009, 01:17 PM   #851
disney-inspired

Disney on the brain 24/7/365!
*grumble* stupid cm *grumble*

Kelly, you must be one he** of a strong woman. God only gives us what we can handle, He always knows our limits.

You have your own health problems, family and financial problems yet you still have the energy to find the happiness in the small things. God bless you! I'm praying for you
Old 08-31-2009, 01:18 PM   #852
fairykin

i say all kinds of monKey things
i just went *FaFiNkA~CLeeeeeeeeeeK*

beth.. i was just thinking of january the other day.. i hope she is okay. if you want to do early sign up.. i'm in and so is my mother for the october halloween exchange.

debbielouwho... RoCkStAr Princessssssssssssssssssssssss

tina... yeahhhh.... i'm so happy you sold out!

sarah... i can't wait to go on pirates!

cristabel.. you are a WiCkEd WiCkeD girl... i loVe cupcakes so very much..i am SO going to try that one you just mentioned.

vickiiiiiiiii... oh that is wonderful news about your mother!!!

donna..here's to hoping you feel all better reallllly soon!

jane... how is your baby boy doing with school?
Old 08-31-2009, 01:20 PM   #853
CoMickey
Happy Dweedle... or is that Tweedle?

Quote:
Happy Monday everyone!

Good for you! I have been so unmotivated with my job lately that your schedule today sounds wonderful!

Quote:
What wonderful news, and what an amazing relief for you and your parents!!!! And knowing she is healthy will only make their trip that much more relaxing, special and memorable.
Thanks Beth! Your kind words mean a lot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliforniaDreamer View Post

Has DD ever been good at "please" and "thank you?" Maybe it's a phase?

It's amazing how much can get done by staying home all weekend and work on the house. My DH is not good at that.

The smoke from the fires is heavier today as I look out (meaning this is smoke that has fallen and settled over the city). So it's just as well I can't go out. The news said it might rain later (light and short) and that would be wonderful for the fire fighters.

Thanks Donna - It is a huge relief! I don't think it's a stage because as long as I've known Bob neither of the kids ever said please or thank you but we have been working to get them to say these...such a simple thing to do to be polite and to show appreciation. Michael has been great and really picked up on being polite which makes him such a pleasure to do things for. On the other hand Sara demands saying things like, pick me up, take me (insert activity), etc...she has missed out on our last two trips to DL so I have talked Bob into going this weekend but Sara's comments have been, I want to go to DL, we should go to DL, and Bob told her when she can say, please can we go to DL, then we can go...she just looked at us and didn't say anything close to please. So...I think she's just being stuborn about it.

Glad you are feeling better but do stay inside! I am sure the smoke is horrible in your area. I was working outside this morning and had to come in because the smell of smoke started coming into the valley. I have asthma so I try not to aggravate it!

Old 08-31-2009, 01:21 PM   #854
mommaU4

Cristabel, I LOVE Hocus Pocus. We watch it several times during the month of October. And it is great to have playing in the background while baking.

I think it would be too bizarre to see Spiderman at any Disney park. I don't think I'd like that at all.

OKay everyone, I'm going to work on putting up the Halloween sign ups!! I'm just too excited for Fall and Halloween to wait any longer. I will post a link here and on the front page once I am done.
Old 08-31-2009, 01:21 PM   #855
fairykin

i say all kinds of monKey things
i just went *FaFiNkA~CLeeeeeeeeeeK*

Cristabel... frosting to cupcake ration is mucho importante, mi amiga!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: