Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-31-2009, 02:30 AM   #826
disney-inspired

Disney on the brain 24/7/365!
*grumble* stupid cm *grumble*

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahbushka View Post
Yeah!!!! I can't wait to see you Cristabel! I am so glad you will be able to join us. After lunch we plan on going on some rides...Pirates and then maybe Indy, Splash and BTMRR (I need to get those in as I am traveling with little kiddos and won't have much other opportunity!) So get some fastpasses if you can!

I hope you have a great trip!!!!

I hope you are having a fabulous time at DL Cristabel! I would so love to be able to go so often like you now get to do!

What an absolutely AWFUL dream I hope you have a great time and only have wonderfully magical things happen! Be sure to take lots of pics!

Sarah
Sarah, I miss you! I can't wait to see you, too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DangerMouse View Post
I always feel guilty about posting, because I am so horribly lost and not up to date with everyone and most definitely have missed out on the most recent additions to the group. I'm SORRY!

I wanted to wish everyone who is heading to DLR soon a GREAT visit! I'm missing it like crazy. It doesn't help that my dh plays visionsfantastic radio 24/7 on the computer.

So, I've been dreaming and scheming about a way to surprise my family with a WDW trip in January. I'd give it to the kids as their Christmas gift (we normally do one large family gift, which is normally a trip to DLR). Anyway, just in the beginning stages of daydreaming, really, but was curious of any of our DVC members could talk to me about the idea of renting points and how that all works. Since there are 5 in my family, and I don't want to be limited to ASM, I'm thinking a DVC property, might be the way to go??

Any thoughts or advice would be very much appreciated!

Love to all! Hope you all have a great Sunday.
Tyrae, my sister's BF, is trying to surprise Diana with a trip to WDW. I would also love some information on renting points from one of our DVC owners. It would be cheaper for all of us to stay in a studio. It would be Tyrae, Diana, myself and hopefully add one more person to even out the bunch.
Old 08-31-2009, 02:39 AM   #827
disney-inspired

Disney on the brain 24/7/365!
*grumble* stupid cm *grumble*

Hello everyone.
We had a great time at Disneyland today. The crowds were very low for a summer weekend. The longest line we waited in was for Peter Pan, which was 20 minutes, which we rode in the late afternoon! The only thing was it was unbearably hot! SO HOT.

I bought two more vinylmations and they are very cute!

I also bought a pumpkin spice cupcake with orange frosting. YUM. I'm actually eating it right now. So delicious!

It's late and I'm tired. I'm going to try to do some reading for class tomorrow and then go to bed.
Register to remove

Old 08-31-2009, 03:04 AM   #828
eatmypixiedust
I'm coming to you live from Disneyland on my sidekick 3
Yes but the PHAT kind. That makes you cool!

Location: As long as there are Dole Whip Floats I'm a happy camper :D

Hi Ladies,

I made 2 pillows for the couch that I moved to my study room. I made another monster but put it on a green pillow. Here is a red pillow I made to go with it:

Old 08-31-2009, 03:58 AM   #829
CaliforniaDreamer

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyFan View Post
Hi girls!

Well, the Italian Festa was a huge success, and we are pooped! We sold about 675 sandwiches yesterday,

BTW--I wish you all could have seen my little mom working in our booth all weekend. She is such a huge support to us, and I sure hope I have her energy when I'm her age!
Tina, that is wonderful! I can't even imagine estimating for that kind of crowd. And your mom sounds like a dynamo.

Anyone remember how many days Capri is going to be at DL?
D23 Expo
Miss Sally's birthday party
Halloween party diva meet
Girl's trip in Feb

Words from Dawn: "i have a strong connection to the earth."
Old 08-31-2009, 10:43 AM   #830
DangerMouse
Dangerously Addicted to Disneyland
I guess they saw me coming at full throttle and decided I meant business
I'm in a bit of an evil mood today

Quote:
Hi girls!

Well, the Italian Festa was a huge success, and we are pooped! We sold about 675 sandwiches yesterday, which is 200 more than we did last year on Saturday. So we only had 125 pieces of chicken left to make sandwiches with today. Needless to say, we were totally sold out before 1:30 this afternoon. I was so happy that we sold so many sandwiches, because I was a little nervous that people wouldn't come out in the extreme heat. But I was also a little bummed that I didn't purchase more product, because we could have sold probably 300 more sandwiches today. The problem is that the out of pocket expenses before the event are huge, and last year I had 300 pieces of chicken that didn't sell. So it's really a guessing game as to how much to purchase.

BTW--I wish you all could have seen my little mom working in our booth all weekend. She is such a huge support to us, and I sure hope I have her energy when I'm her age!
Tina, your mom rocks! What an awesome lady. Is she planning on coming to the Feb trip? Woo hoo on your success this weekend. Didja save a sammie for me? Congratulations! Hope you get some time to recover and rest up this week.

DLR trips: 3/98 (Stovalls); 12/99 (Islander); 12/02 (DI); 12/03 (DI); 12/04 (Portofino); 4/05 (HoJo); 6/05 (GCH); 9/05 (HoJo); 12/05 (HoJo); 2/06 (DLH); 1/07 (HoJo); 11/07 (HoJo); 2/08 (HoJo); 4/08 (HoJo); 6/08 (Ramada Ltd.); 10/08 (PPH); 3/09 (HoJo & Club 33 Baybee!); 2/10 (HoJo); 12/11 (HoJo/DLH)
WDW Trips: 4/11 (SSR Villas) 1/13 (POR)
Old 08-31-2009, 10:44 AM   #831
DangerMouse
Dangerously Addicted to Disneyland
I guess they saw me coming at full throttle and decided I meant business
I'm in a bit of an evil mood today

Quote:
Originally Posted by eatmypixiedust View Post
Hi Ladies,

I made 2 pillows for the couch that I moved to my study room. I made another monster but put it on a green pillow. Here is a red pillow I made to go with it:

How cute! "For The Birds" is my favorite Pixar short!

DLR trips: 3/98 (Stovalls); 12/99 (Islander); 12/02 (DI); 12/03 (DI); 12/04 (Portofino); 4/05 (HoJo); 6/05 (GCH); 9/05 (HoJo); 12/05 (HoJo); 2/06 (DLH); 1/07 (HoJo); 11/07 (HoJo); 2/08 (HoJo); 4/08 (HoJo); 6/08 (Ramada Ltd.); 10/08 (PPH); 3/09 (HoJo & Club 33 Baybee!); 2/10 (HoJo); 12/11 (HoJo/DLH)
WDW Trips: 4/11 (SSR Villas) 1/13 (POR)
Old 08-31-2009, 10:53 AM   #832
QueenDoOver
Dis Diva

Quote:
I always feel guilty about posting, because I am so horribly lost and not up to date with everyone and most definitely have missed out on the most recent additions to the group. I'm SORRY!

So, I've been dreaming and scheming about a way to surprise my family with a WDW trip in January. I'd give it to the kids as their Christmas gift (we normally do one large family gift, which is normally a trip to DLR). Anyway, just in the beginning stages of daydreaming, really, but was curious of any of our DVC members could talk to me about the idea of renting points and how that all works. Since there are 5 in my family, and I don't want to be limited to ASM, I'm thinking a DVC property, might be the way to go??

Any thoughts or advice would be very much appreciated!

Love to all! Hope you all have a great Sunday.
I feel the same way! It is hard to keep up right now. I hope your WDW trip works out. You will have to share all your new found knowledge once you have it, because I am going to be about 2-3 years behind you

Quote:
Hi girls!

Well, the Italian Festa was a huge success, and we are pooped! We sold about 675 sandwiches yesterday, which is 200 more than we did last year on Saturday. So we only had 125 pieces of chicken left to make sandwiches with today. Needless to say, we were totally sold out before 1:30 this afternoon. I was so happy that we sold so many sandwiches, because I was a little nervous that people wouldn't come out in the extreme heat. But I was also a little bummed that I didn't purchase more product, because we could have sold probably 300 more sandwiches today. The problem is that the out of pocket expenses before the event are huge, and last year I had 300 pieces of chicken that didn't sell. So it's really a guessing game as to how much to purchase.

Wow! You are amazing. I have done some of those festivals when I did restaurant work years ago. It is crazy!

Good Morning to everyone else. Hope you have a great day. We have our ZipRealty Family bbq today and are having brisket from a local bbq company. I am so ready for it after reading Dave's recipe. Hope it is half as good as Dave's sounds. My darn 6 year old remembers that I told him I would take him to Chuckee Cheese before summer was over and darn if we don't only have 2 days, so guess where I will be going soon. I really hate that place.
Old 08-31-2009, 11:00 AM   #833
QueenDoOver
Dis Diva

Quote:
Hi Ladies,

Your pillows are very cute
Old 08-31-2009, 11:03 AM   #834
kelmac284
I wish I lived near one of the parks so I could go anytime I wanted
He was so enamoured with her...

Morning all! Well Capri I am sure you won't see this but I am so happy for you and hope you are having a GREAT time! That was a scary dream. I do stuff like that all the time but I am sure it will all be just fine! Go and have a blast and bring back lots of pics!!

Cristabel glad you had fun yesterday! Sounds like a perfect day to go except for the weather!

Sara that is great news that you have all your money almost saved. Wish I could say the same. I still have to buy Shane and the girls passes for Oct!! I am waiting till right before we go though cuz we are still broke from D.C.! Haven't even THOUGHT about Feb yet!

The verdict is STILL out about tonight. I had a pretty good day all day yesterday and then a bad night again so I am really torn. Shane is afraid if I go and then I start feeling bad he doesn't want us ALL to have to leave. He told me I should maybe even take my own car but of course the place we are going is an HOUR a way from our house so like I REALLY want to have to drive MYSELF home if I start feeling bad for a whole hour! NOT! Dang it I wish it was at our local place that was close and I wish it wasn't outside and 4 bands! It would be SO much easier! UGH!

And Dawn I agree I would LOVE not to have stress but in this house it is practically impossible. Since Lynn has come back it is constantly around and with my mental issues telling someone like me NOT to stress is like telling a tree not to be brown. It is not in my nature. That is a big part of my disorder is Anxiety and even though I take medication I just CAN'T not stress no matter how hard I try. And Shane is really bad about NOT caring. He just blows stuff over and let's stuff go and that drives someone like me nuts. I have asked him to deal with my doctor bills so I didn't HAVE to get stressed about it and he did a few times but then he told me he didn't have time to deal with it anymore and I needed to do it!

And as far as Lynn goes it is a constant thing. She is doing something practically daily that stresses BOTH of us out. Most of the time I try to just ignore it but this REALLY ticked me off because the dental people or the doctors or whatever call ME not Shane cuz I am the contact person and he claims he can't deal with it cuz he is "too busy".

So unfortunately I am stuck with it.

But anyway I know what you mean and believe me I want nothing more than to have the next few months go by. February is more exciting to me for more than just the trip Lynn turns 18 and she will be off probation and that means she can move on! Stress over!

Anyway enough of that. As of right now I am hurting so I am just going to wait and see how the rest of the day goes. IF I feel better during the day I may try it but it is not looking very promising.

Anyway I hope everyone else has a good day!!

Take care and talk later!

DL 1st trip 76 last trip 3/14 next trip ??
DW 1st trip 5/02 last trip 11/10 next trip ??
Old 08-31-2009, 11:57 AM   #835
eatmypixiedust
I'm coming to you live from Disneyland on my sidekick 3
Yes but the PHAT kind. That makes you cool!

Location: As long as there are Dole Whip Floats I'm a happy camper :D

Quote:
How cute! "For The Birds" is my favorite Pixar short!
Thank you! It's my favorite too :

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenDoOver View Post
Your pillows are very cute
Thank you. .
Old 08-31-2009, 12:22 PM   #836
fairykin

i say all kinds of monKey things
i just went *FaFiNkA~CLeeeeeeeeeeK*

Quote:
Hi Ladies,

You're pillows are sooooooo Cute!!! I've been watching the ones you've posted.. and they are unique. Really fun!
Old 08-31-2009, 12:35 PM   #837
jordansmomma
DebbieLouWho WendyLouWho's sister
I would so be in...but I am not climbing on top
The cheap & free ones are not that bad

Hi ladies

I hope everyone is doing well today.

Capri~ I hope you are having safe travels!

I am exhausted!! It was a nice long weekend.
Nickelback was AWESOME!!!!!!
Then I went to a bar and met a few of the band members from
Saving Abel. It was a great night! They sang happy birthday to my
friend Amber. Then I worked last night.
I am just pooped!!
Old 08-31-2009, 12:56 PM   #838
fairykin

i say all kinds of monKey things
i just went *FaFiNkA~CLeeeeeeeeeeK*

Kelly.. i am sorry all of this is happening to you. i will continue to pray that things get better.
Old 08-31-2009, 12:59 PM   #839
mommaU4

The one who started it - DIS ladies do DLR
Well, I never said I wasn't insane. I just don't want them thinking that

Dawn ~ Hope you had a good weekend!

Deb ~ Sounds like the concert, and bar time afterward, totally rocked!!

Rochelle ~ Cute pillows. You are so creative.

Kelly ~ Hang in there hon. Hope the hurting stops soon.

Tina ~ Way to go on selling all the sammies, and your mom sounds like such a wonderful person.

Tracey ~ I'll take your DS to Chuck E Cheese for ya! I don't mind it there. Have fun at the BBQ.

Cristabel ~ OMG, your cupcake sounds yummy!!!

Donna ~ How are you feeling??

Michelle ~ Glad to hear your computer is back on the mend so you can get on more often.

January ~ Saw this and thought of you!!! lol Where you at girl????

Everyone else, I hope you are all having a wonderful start to your Monday. Take care. Talk to you soon.

**Oh, is anyone interested in starting the Halloween sign ups early? I was going to wait until this Friday, but if anyone would like me to start them sooner, say the word. That way, we can get names sooner and have more shopping time. It's up to you.
Old 08-31-2009, 01:05 PM   #840
mommaU4

The one who started it - DIS ladies do DLR
Well, I never said I wasn't insane. I just don't want them thinking that

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney-inspired View Post
I also bought a pumpkin spice cupcake with orange frosting. YUM. I'm actually eating it right now. So delicious!
OK, I realize I already mentioned in my previous post about how good this sounds, but darn it the more I think about it, the more my mouth drools!!!!!

I cannot express how much I wish our stupid weather would cool down so I can start some yummy Fall baking!!! I want my kitchen to be filled with the scents of pumpkin, nutmeg, and cinnamon.

But we have days and days, maybe weeks, of triple digit temps in the forecast, so all that baking will have to wait.

Anyway, hope it was as good as it sounds Cristabel!!

Last edited by mommaU4; 08-31-2009 at 01:22 PM.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: