Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-30-2009, 01:17 AM   #796
21yankees
I want to move into Disneyland!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkermell View Post
Anywhos, he entered his brisket that he has been perfecting, and he won first place for beef!! Woo hoo!! There were about 12 or so entrees in that catagory. So that was pretty cool. It was a fun event, but not something he'd want to do all the time. There were some guys there that had beef, chicken and pork all on the barbe! These are the ones that love to go to somewhere once month. Yikes.........that is quite a commitment.

Oh and I sewed up some aprons for us to wear. Really cute vintage style Route 66 logos all over it.

Congrats!

steph

AKA Cynical Dwarf
Old 08-30-2009, 03:50 AM   #797
disney-inspired

Disney on the brain 24/7/365!
*grumble* stupid cm *grumble*

Melody, that's cool! Congrats to your hubby and I want to see those Route 66 aprons!

Well girlies, I'm off to Disneyland later today (in 8 hours exactly!) with Diana and Tyrae. We are all very excited to hang out together and to be at Disneyland. Jill (4fosterkids) said that there were really low crowds today which is pretty surprising! We are leaving my place at 9am because we want to make the opening of DCA to ride Toy Story Mania! It's our favorite and we always try to beat each other's score.

I'm going to wear my new t-shirt tomorrow. I'll post pictures,too!

Good night!
Register to remove

Old 08-30-2009, 10:23 AM   #798
kelmac284
I wish I lived near one of the parks so I could go anytime I wanted
He was so enamoured with her...

Morning all!

Mel that is so cool! Congrats to your hubby! I agree with Cristabel I want to see your aprons. Those sound really cute!

Cristabel have fun today! Jealous!!

I didn't have a very good night again last night so I was in bed REALLY early. Shane and the girls didn't get home till 9:30 and I never did get any dinner. I did my one little run yesterday because since they were at the tournament SOMEBODY had to go feed my mom's cats and it was getting later and later so I figured I better go do it. Plus no one seems to get the mail but me and since I've been sick it has been piling up. So I went to the post office and my stupid shrink is STILL billing me for a mistake from back in April. I have gone BACK and FORTH with those people and my ins company hundreds of times and the LAST time I got a bill about a month ago they ASSURED me it was done. I got all these notes from the ins company about what they paid and the ins has said every single time that they have paid every single bill IN FULL that has ever been sent to them. Yet these idiots STILL don't get it. I stopped going to him cuz I was sick and tired of it. I didn't want to get any MORE bogus bills. So now on Monday I am going to have to call and fight it out AGAIN with these morons! GRRRRRRRRRRRRR. I am just glad I kept detailed notes from the LAST conversation.

Plus I got a call on Sat from Lynn's old orthodontist saying she missed her apt. I was like WUH???? So I asked her Did you make an apt without telling me and she was like yeah and I was like what the h e double hockey sticks. She goes on to tell me that when she was working in my mom's office while we were gone that one of the gals in there was commenting on the fact that she hasn't been wearing her retainer and that she wanted her to do it and that "she" would pay for it and told Lynn to call and make an apt. I was LIVID to say the least. First of all that woman in our office has some damn nerve butting into MY business and doing that cuz if she would have even ASKED she would have known that I still HAD Lynn's old retainer that she LEFT at our house when she RAN AWAY!!!!!!!!!!! When she first got her braces off she hardly EVER wore it and for anyone who knows about braces you know that for the first year you are supposed to wear it pretty much 24/7 even when you eat or your teeth will move back. Well Lynn NEVER did even BEFORE she ran away. Then she runs away and leaves it and of course has been gone for 6 months without it. So as far as I am concerned damage already done. NOT that she ever wore it before anyway! This really ticks me off too cuz when she wanted braces I TOLD Shane that it would be a waste of money cuz she would NOT abide by the rules and she begged and pleaded and said she would. Well sure as heck once they were on her teeth she did EVERYTHING she wasn't supposed to. Chewed bubble gum, ate sticky candy, popcorn you name it. The words I Told You So are big around here! Then just like with the braces she did the SAME thing with the retainer. I told her who the heck did she think she was going behind our backs making an apt when WE are ultimately responsible for her since she is still a minor and since they still have US as the resonsible party on the forms. She was like well Renee was going to pay for it. I was like I don't GIVE a rip. First off she has NO business doing that and second off it is NOT Her problem NOR her responsibility and it is not like you would WEAR it anyway!

THEN after all that she admitted she went through a box that I had of her stuff that I had saved that had other stuff I DIDN'T want her going through like our court papers and stuff and she got her retainer out. So AGAIN she was doing devious crap. I was like WHO told you you could go through that box? Did you ever think to ASK ME!

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR. So it was a real fun time to say the least. But as mad as I was at Lynn for all of that I was even madder at that woman at work. The nerve of her to butt into my business. Geez! Plus we had a big falling out with that ortho anyway cuz they tried to overbill me and on and on and I told Shane once we paid off Lynn's bill I was NEVER going back. So now this makes US look like idiots too cuz she reopened THAT can of worms.

Anyway everyone else is still asleep and I am not sure if they are going to church or not. We already did our big sam's run on Friday but still need some stuff from Winco so Shane will probably do that this morning but otherwise I don't think much else going on today. At least I hopefully won't end up in the ER THIS Sunday LOL. I was there the last 2 in a row!

Hope everyone had a GREAT day yesterday and has an even better one today!

Talk later.

DL 1st trip 76 last trip 3/14 next trip ??
DW 1st trip 5/02 last trip 11/10 next trip ??
Old 08-30-2009, 11:00 AM   #799
fairykin

i say all kinds of monKey things
i just went *FaFiNkA~CLeeeeeeeeeeK*

Happy Sunday Everyone.. may today be good to you and yours.

Melody... i showed Bob your post.. he was like.. that's Awesome! How kewl is that to say.. i'm gonna learn how to do this.. then not only self teach, and WIN! Just the best story

Yeahhhhh a post from WendyLouWho!

I can't wait to hear how DebbieLouWho's concert night was!

Linda.. i'm so looking forward to seeing you, it will be fun just to get to spend some time without things to do.

Stacerita.. i hope your back feels better.. i really miss your posts.. they brought such humor and positive energy to the thread.

Karly.. that's so kewl you found a tie dye shirt that has special meaning for you!

Donna.... you are sicker? oh no... i hope you are not developing chronic bronchitis or walking pneumonia.. gosh... please take good care of you. i hope the fires are not adding to your breathing quality... try not to go out if the air is bad.

Cristabel.. have a fun time! Thanks for stepping up to the plate on the October thread.

Courtney... i can't wait for the halloween exchange.. can you? i've been working on it and so has my mom!

I hope Capri is having a great time.

Has anyone heard from katie and matt's mom? she was having surgery.. i hope she's healing alright, she seems like such a nice lady.

Steph... i wish i lived close to you..i would cook some food for you while you're healing. we will keep you in our prayers when you have your surgery.

Amysue... how are you healing? you better be resting some!

Kelly...you must relax.. and delegate some of the stress to your husband.. stress creates bad things in the body and can delay healing. make peace a priority.

Theresa...What kinda things is Jessie into? I'm working on a little party favor bag for him for my mom's party. I don't think he would like the others which are girlie girlie!

Yesterday we had a bbq.. just burgers and hot dogs.. but as i was pouring the drinks.. i looked around and saw 4 generations of my family... and thought.. wow.. i'm so blessed. i am wealthy with love in my life and with people to love.
Old 08-30-2009, 11:05 AM   #800
fairykin

i say all kinds of monKey things
i just went *FaFiNkA~CLeeeeeeeeeeK*

CheryL... i can't wait til we get to see each other again.. i remember on the trip to vegas when we realized we were not going to get to see each other much.. we had this moment of clarity and i realized what we had a strong friendship base.. we said.. we will have other times. And now we are! WoW WOW.. a week to visit.. i am so looking forward to just visiting and going to have yummy food and playing with bella..and watching big fish! hope you like it after all i've said about it...

Good thoughts for Jen with her move preparations! We are still on 2011
Old 08-30-2009, 11:46 AM   #801
tinkermell
Th boards are going nuts!
Beware of the stalkers

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairykin View Post
Happy Sunday Everyone.. may today be good to you and yours.

Melody... i showed Bob your post.. he was like.. that's Awesome! How kewl is that to say.. i'm gonna learn how to do this.. then not only self teach, and WIN! Just the best story

Linda.. i'm so looking forward to seeing you, it will be fun just to get to spend some time without things to do.

Stacerita.. i hope your back feels better.. i really miss your posts.. they brought such humor and positive energy to the thread.

Karly.. that's so kewl you found a tie dye shirt that has special meaning for you!

Donna.... you are sicker? oh no... i hope you are not developing chronic bronchitis or walking pneumonia.. gosh... please take good care of you. i hope the fires are not adding to your breathing quality... try not to go out if the air is bad.

Cristabel.. have a fun time! Thanks for stepping up to the plate on the October thread.

Courtney... i can't wait for the halloween exchange.. can you? i've been working on it and so has my mom!

Has anyone heard from katie and matt's mom? she was having surgery.. i hope she's healing alright, she seems like such a nice lady.

Steph... i wish i lived close to you..i would cook some food for you while you're healing. we will keep you in our prayers when you have your surgery.

Kelly...you must relax.. and delegate some of the stress to your husband.. stress creates bad things in the body and can delay healing. make peace a priority.

Theresa...What kinda things is Jessie into? I'm working on a little party favor bag for him for my mom's party. I don't think he would like the others which are girlie girlie!

Yesterday we had a bbq.. just burgers and hot dogs.. but as i was pouring the drinks.. i looked around and saw 4 generations of my family... and thought.. wow.. i'm so blessed. i am wealthy with love in my life and with people to love.
Good morning Dawn!!

I want to ditto everything that you said. YOu say everything so perfectly, and so sweetly!! Thankyou Dawn!

So everyone read it all over again, and now it is from me too!!

Cheryl, I will tell you a little of Dave's method.

He puts a dry rub that we make up, on the briskets the day before so they have been sitting in it for at least 12 to 24 hours. He cooks them at a low temp, around 250 for around 12 to 14 hours depending on size and what temp is set. So for the contest he had to get them on the barby around midnight the night before. He didn't want to spend the night so his barby was hooked up to a post and then he locked it up! He went back again at 10:00 in the morning and then stayed with the rest of the players. The official start wasn't until 4:00pm, so at around 11:30 his first brisket was done. He then wraps them in heavy foil and puts them in an icechest wrapped in towels until serving time. This lets them rest and gather all the yummy juices. We have a favorite BBQ sauce that he buys locally, so he used that as his sauce to serve with. Someday, I want to try and copy it. I will bring you a bottle of this stuff in October.

Anyways, that is how he does it. Next week we are going Dave's Dad's 85th birthday party in Redlands, and we are making it for that too. This time he has to put in on the barby in time for us to leave Saturday morning. He will put it into the ice chest, and by the time we get there, it will be perfect to serve. Nice!
Old 08-30-2009, 01:16 PM   #802
disney-super-mom
I make a mean pot of Jazz Kitchen gumbo
BRING ME ANOTHER DIET

Quote:
I forgot to tell Capri to have a blast in Disneyland. So here goes!!

Capri, have a wonderful time, and be safe too!!!! :
Awwwww, thanks Melody!

We leave early tomorrow morning......CAN'T WAIT!

Oh, but I had a pre-trip nightmare last night. Anyone else ever get those? Well usually I'll dream about our plane crashing or losing one of the boys in Disneyland.....those two dreams always creep their way into my mind. But this time I dreamed that Luke (our six year old) fell off a high balcony at the HOJO because DH and I were in our room (the side with the king bed) of the kid suite, and the boys were in their room with the bunkbeds, and because we were in two seperate rooms, we didn't know that the boys were out on their balcony playing around, and then just as I go to check on them, I see them out on their balcony, Luke having climbed up on the railing, and then he falls......and we lose our baby forever. It was a HORRIBLE dream.

I just may put something heavy in front of their balcony door when we get there.
Old 08-30-2009, 01:23 PM   #803
prettyprincessbelle
I'm just excited for the BBQ! Yum YUM!
Pots and pans? Seriously?!

Good morning divas!!

Melody, congrats on your meat winning!! Did you guys win a prize?

Cristabel, have fun today!! Stay cool in this crazy heat!!

Dawn, yes! I am very excited! I was just thinking about it the other day too now that Halloween stuff is popping up in stores.

Capri, have a WONDERFUL trip!!! Be safe and take lots of pictures!

Last edited by prettyprincessbelle; 08-30-2009 at 01:29 PM.
Old 08-30-2009, 02:38 PM   #804
toocherie

By the way, the foregoing is not LEGAL advice
I'm also easy--it says so on all the bathroom walls

Quote:
Good morning Dawn!!

I will bring you a bottle of this stuff in October.

Anyways, that is how he does it. Next week we are going Dave's Dad's 85th birthday party in Redlands, and we are making it for that too. This time he has to put in on the barby in time for us to leave Saturday morning. He will put it into the ice chest, and by the time we get there, it will be perfect to serve. Nice!
Yum_--do does he serve the brisket hot or cold? does he warm it back up? I gotta find a brisket . . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney-super-mom View Post
Awwwww, thanks Melody!

Have a wonderful time Capri--you deserve it after all your hard work!

Dawnie: I CANNOT WAIT!!!! My biggest fear is we're going to run out of time! LOL

Old 08-30-2009, 03:18 PM   #805
CaliforniaDreamer

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Anywhos, he entered his brisket that he has been perfecting, and he won first place for beef!! Woo hoo!! There were about 12 or so entrees in that catagory. .
That's great to beat out all those other people on his first try!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney-inspired View Post
Well girlies, I'm off to Disneyland later today (in 8 hours exactly!) !
Have a great time in Dl!

Quote:
was!

i looked around and saw 4 generations of my family... and thought.. wow.. i'm so blessed. i am wealthy with love in my life and with people to love.
That is so amazing to me. Nice.
Unfortunately, the smoke is visible (hanging all over the air) and you can smell it. I had to water my hanging baskets because some were dying (in triple degree weather, I skipped yesterday too). But I'm back in the a/c now.

Quote:

Cheryl, I will tell you a little of Dave's method.

He puts a dry rub that we make up, on the briskets the day before so they have been sitting in it for at least 12 to 24 hours. He cooks them at a low temp, around 250 for around 12 to 14 hours depending on size and what temp is set. So for the contest he had to get them on the barby around midnight the night before. He didn't want to spend the night so his barby was hooked up to a post and then he locked it up! He went back again at 10:00 in the morning and then stayed with the rest of the players. The official start wasn't until 4:00pm, so at around 11:30 his first brisket was done. He then wraps them in heavy foil and puts them in an icechest wrapped in towels until serving time. This lets them rest and gather all the yummy juices. We have a favorite BBQ sauce that he buys locally, so he used that as his sauce to serve with. Someday, I want to try and copy it. I will bring you a bottle of this stuff in October.
What a lot of work that is! What's the brand of your local bbq sauce? We have a bristol farms that gets some unusual, smaller brands, maybe it's there.

I take it that when the meat is in the ice chest, there is no ice? That it is just keeping its heat? Please ask him if he thinks this can be duplicated in the oven (like, in the winter).

Quote:
Oh, but I had a pre-trip nightmare last night. Anyone else ever get those?
Capri, yeah, I often get those. As you know from the past, it's the pre-trip stress. Have a wonderful time!!!

Hi to everyone else!
D23 Expo
Miss Sally's birthday party
Halloween party diva meet
Girl's trip in Feb

Words from Dawn: "i have a strong connection to the earth."
Old 08-30-2009, 04:08 PM   #806
grizbuzz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Awwwww, thanks Melody!

Oh, but I had a pre-trip nightmare last night. Anyone else ever get those? Well usually I'll dream about our plane crashing or losing one of the boys in Disneyland.....those two dreams always creep their way into my mind. But this time I dreamed that Luke (our six year old) fell off a high balcony at the HOJO because DH and I were in our room (the side with the king bed) of the kid suite, and the boys were in their room with the bunkbeds, and because we were in two seperate rooms, we didn't know that the boys were out on their balcony playing around, and then just as I go to check on them, I see them out on their balcony, Luke having climbed up on the railing, and then he falls......and we lose our baby forever. It was a HORRIBLE dream.

I just may put something heavy in front of their balcony door when we get there.
Capri--

I am so lost on this board.
Is there a meet while you are in Disneyland? Can we hook up Friday or Saturday afternoon/evening? I don't know what my DH and kids are up for, but I want to see you!
Let me know...I think Jane might want to meet too! And others? Sorry if something's already planned and I just missed it. My brain is clogged with moving details and paint fumes.

Me DH DS (11) DS (9)
Old 08-30-2009, 04:11 PM   #807
sahbushka
DIS Veteran

Quote:
What September meet?! I haven't even heard of this!
Quote:
Well if I'm not stepping on any toes, I'll join you.
Quote:
I guess it's totally appropriate to say "Thank God it's Friday!" then!
Alrighty, I'll be there! I hope the weather will be more cooperative and not try to make me pass out. Today is a real hot one over here. I plan on hibernating in my room for today...but I still have to go grocery shopping!At least the grocery store is air-conditioned!
Yeah!!!! I can't wait to see you Cristabel! I am so glad you will be able to join us. After lunch we plan on going on some rides...Pirates and then maybe Indy, Splash and BTMRR (I need to get those in as I am traveling with little kiddos and won't have much other opportunity!) So get some fastpasses if you can!

Quote:
Awwwww, I feel the love here. It's a hug fest!

Well, I got all my school work done and turned in, so this class is put to bed!

Today will be laundry and packing for our trip. Laundry and packing sound like chores, but for some reason doing laundry and packing is fun when you're getting ready for vacation....especially when you're going to Disneyland or WDW. Of course, it's when you get back and you have to unpack and do laundry that it again becomes chores......torturous chores!
I hope you have a great trip!!!!

Quote:
Melody, that's cool! Congrats to your hubby and I want to see those Route 66 aprons!

Well girlies, I'm off to Disneyland later today (in 8 hours exactly!) with Diana and Tyrae. We are all very excited to hang out together and to be at Disneyland. Jill (4fosterkids) said that there were really low crowds today which is pretty surprising! We are leaving my place at 9am because we want to make the opening of DCA to ride Toy Story Mania! It's our favorite and we always try to beat each other's score.

I'm going to wear my new t-shirt tomorrow. I'll post pictures,too!

Good night!
I hope you are having a fabulous time at DL Cristabel! I would so love to be able to go so often like you now get to do!

Quote:
Awwwww, thanks Melody!

What an absolutely AWFUL dream I hope you have a great time and only have wonderfully magical things happen! Be sure to take lots of pics!

Sarah

Old 08-30-2009, 04:28 PM   #808
disney-super-mom
I make a mean pot of Jazz Kitchen gumbo
BRING ME ANOTHER DIET

Thanks everyone for all the magical trip wishes for us. You all are just the best!

Jen: I sent you a PM about meeting up. I would love to see you while we're there.
Old 08-30-2009, 04:29 PM   #809
sahbushka
DIS Veteran

So guess where I am...he he he. Yup, work again. I have a double today, a double tomorrow and I am working 13 days in a row. Oh well. I am putting in for as much overtime as I can get for the next 4 weeks as I am hoping that dh will have a job by the end of september and even if he doesn't he will be starting school going tuesday and thursday nights as well as saturday mornings. I am trying to boost our savings as much as possible. Plus, I will have all the money I need in order to go on the Diva trip by next monday! I should find out this monday or tuesday if I get to go. Here's hoping!

Later ladies!

Sarah

Old 08-30-2009, 05:46 PM   #810
mommaU4

The one who started it - DIS ladies do DLR
Well, I never said I wasn't insane. I just don't want them thinking that

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliforniaDreamer View Post
I just got back from my doctor who informed me that I am sicker than I think, that I had to go straight to bed and stay home for three days! Sheesh.
Some get well wishes for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by karylrocks View Post
The important thing though is that I found my tie-dye shirt! Green and yellow (school colors) with a big Oregon Duck (Donald of course). Just the kind of thing I was looking for.
Sounds great!

Quote:

Anywhos, he entered his brisket that he has been perfecting, and he won first place for beef!! Woo hoo!!
Way to go Dave!!

Quote:
Well girlies, I'm off to Disneyland later today (in 8 hours exactly!) with Diana and Tyrae.
Have a magical time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelmac284 View Post
Hope everyone had a GREAT day yesterday and has an even better one today!
Same to you!

Quote:

Hello Dawn. Sounds like a really special BBQ with your family.

Quote:
Have a great time!!! I want to see lots of pics when you get back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prettyprincessbelle View Post
I was just thinking about it the other day too now that Halloween stuff is popping up in stores.
I am so excited about that!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahbushka View Post
I have a double today, a double tomorrow and I am working 13 days in a row.
How do you do it?!?!?! It's nice you'll have the money for the trip though.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: