Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-26-2009, 10:35 PM   #691
cccdisney
DIS Diva

I figured it out! Yay! Thanks Melody for the Boo!
Old 08-26-2009, 11:46 PM   #692
stacielee
Why do I go to Disneyland? BECAUSE I CAN!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyFan View Post
Thanks, Cheryl. I'm going to check it out.

So I've had kind of crappy day, and I'm trying to get over it. I prepare meals for a family every Wednesday, and the woman I work for just isn't nice to me. She gives me her order at the very last minute, ignoring my emails and text messages telling her that I need it on Monday. So last night, after working all day, I was making a shopping list and menu/heating instructions for her at 9 p.m.!!!!!! This was after my final text to her at 3:30, to which she responded that she was napping, and would get back to me later.
And then when I got to her house, she wouldn't even say hello to me--just totally ignored me when I walked in the house and said hi to her! But she does that every week, so I should be used to that.
You would think that she'd at least be civil to the person who is preparing a week's worth of dinners for her family! Sheesh!

OK, I feel better now. Sorry you all had to read that!
I know what I would do: if she doesn't get to you in the time frame you say, you don't make her food! But, since this is your income, it's probably not the easiest thing to do!!

Quick question for everyone in the DL area: do any of you have 1 Summer Fun Passes that have 1 day left on them? One of my friends is coming out for her birthday this weekend and is going to have to buy the regular one day/one park ticket for her husband... Just something I thought I would try and do for her! TIA!!
Register to remove

Old 08-26-2009, 11:51 PM   #693
mommaU4

The one who started it - DIS ladies do DLR
Well, I never said I wasn't insane. I just don't want them thinking that

Janelle, glad to hear Ayden had such a great day! Cute pic too.

Tina, I am so sorry you have to deal with that. She sounds like a real snob who looks down on anyone who provides her with a service. Karma will hopefully one day bite her in the ***.

Sarah, my fingers are crossed for your time off!!!! And I'm sorry about your DH's interview.

With all this talk of "Booing" I wanted to remind everyone that the Halloween sign ups will begin one week from this Friday. I will post a link the day sign ups begin.

Night!
Old 08-27-2009, 01:17 AM   #694
karylrocks
I know it's only rock 'n roll but I like it.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by lulubelle View Post
I didn't mean to imply my DD is anything but an angel. I love her to pieces, but anyone that knows us really does know she is spoiled to death. Derservingly so.
Yeah, I have one of those too (Bryan, 17yo DS). Nothing give us more joy than doing things for our kids, and when they appreciate it, that makes us want to do it all the more!
Example: we buy him a clarinet (loves Benny Goodman) and pay for lessons, and right now he is in his room playing Disney songs (he knows I love that).

Good night everyone!

Disneyland: 1964, 1977, 1979, 1986, 1987, 1988, 1991, 1995, 2000, 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014
Walt Disney World: 1994, 2001, 2002, 2004, 2008, 2011, 2012, 2013
DCL: Wonder-10 Night Southern Caribbean 2006, Mexican Riviera 2011; Magic-Inaugural Galveston 2012
Aulani: May 2012
Old 08-27-2009, 02:30 AM   #695
disney-inspired

Disney on the brain 24/7/365!
*grumble* stupid cm *grumble*

Just catching up, I'm at home right now because I had to go to the optometrist and I go to the dental hygienest tomorrow. I get to hang with my sisters!
Old 08-27-2009, 10:17 AM   #696
BillyFan
My white-trashiest chefy moment ever
I, for one have had a Billy Hill Buzz more once
And thanks so much for warming up the boyfriend for us

Good morning, lovelies!

Again, thaks to all for the kind words.

So now I am in full panic mode, as the Italian Festival is this weekend, and we are running a booth selling grilled parmesan chicken sandwiches. It is so much work, and so much money out of pocket ahead of time, but we always end up selling 700-900 sandwiches, so I know I shouldn't worry.

Sarah--Big hugs to you! I'm really hoping your time off will come thru, and your hubby gets that job!

Old 08-27-2009, 10:28 AM   #697
fairykin

i say all kinds of monKey things
i just went *FaFiNkA~CLeeeeeeeeeeK*

Tina..Big Hugs for You...You work so hard. Wow those sandwiches sound great! Wishes for lots of hungry people to your booth.

Sarah... Just the biggest of hugs..

Cheryl.. Can't wait to see the resturant gift certificates you got yesterday.. eerrmmm what i meant to say was..can't wait to eat the delicious food with those great resturant certificates!

Healing, Love and Light for all who need it.

Have a HaPpPy Day
Old 08-27-2009, 10:41 AM   #698
prettyprincessbelle
I'm just excited for the BBQ! Yum YUM!
Pots and pans? Seriously?!

Happy Thursday girls! Just a drive-by-hi from me. I have a bit of catching up to do on this thread. I'm waiting for the boss to leave, she'll be gone shortly, I think.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day!
Old 08-27-2009, 12:10 PM   #699
mommaU4

The one who started it - DIS ladies do DLR
Well, I never said I wasn't insane. I just don't want them thinking that

Old 08-27-2009, 12:19 PM   #700
disney-super-mom
I make a mean pot of Jazz Kitchen gumbo
BRING ME ANOTHER DIET

Good Morning Ladies.

I'm just doing lots of school work today, trying to get it all done before heading off to Disneyland on Monday. I can't wait to peel my fat hiney from this office chair, get outside and start walking for six days (and it doesn't hurt that I'll be walking in Disneyland either). I'm really looking forward to the exercise. Does that seem weird that I'm looking forward to that? Well I can't help it. I've been tied to my laptop in my office doing school work practically all day, everyday, and I'm at the point that I need to get outside, get some fresh air, and MOVE. Plus, I bet I've gained 20 pounds since starting school. UGH!

Sarah - Oh man, I really hope your time off comes through.

Tina - Sorry that woman is such a rude, inconsiderate poop head to you. Good luck at the Italian Festival!

Kelly - I hope you're feeling better and the pain is subsiding.
Old 08-27-2009, 12:50 PM   #701
kelmac284
I wish I lived near one of the parks so I could go anytime I wanted
He was so enamoured with her...

Morning all! I actually ventured out of the house yesterday for a few minutes! Once again sorry for the TMI but if I can manage not to go to the bathroom I don't have any pain and the "in between" times aren't too bad. I have managed to cut back on my meds during those in between times and I felt good enough to go to the post office and pick up the mail. No one had done it in like 5 days! The girls got their results of their Star tests and I was SO proud of them. Katy got advanced in both english AND Math and Shelby got advanced in English and proficient in math. So I was very proud of both of them! I also FINALLY decided to drop off our pics from our trip and that turned out to be a huge dilemma. The store I usually go to was remodeling so I had to go to walgreens and it took forever to go through and edit 200 pics. That little outing pretty much did me in. But it felt good to get out of the house for the first time in almost a week!

I was starting to feel like I was developing ANOTHER hemorrhoid behind where they cut off the other one so I was worried about that plus I had a bunch of bleeding where the other one was so I called the doc this morning and they seem to think it is no big deal. They said it is probably just swelling still. It BETTER be. I don't want to go into yet another weekend and have major pain! I have been doing EVERYTHING I can to avoid it! My follow up with the surgeon isn't till next wed so I guess I will know more then. He didn't seem to think that it warranted me coming in early so I hope he is right!

Anyway I am so sorry to courtney and Tina and everyone else that has had bad things happen to them lately. That really sucks!

Anyway I hope everyone has a good day and talk soon.

DL 1st trip 76 last trip 3/14 next trip ??
DW 1st trip 5/02 last trip 11/10 next trip ??
Old 08-27-2009, 12:52 PM   #702
MamaKate
My son got to ride with Peter Pan
I don't want one of you ladies to try and play footsies with me
Over the top, colorful, and totally flashy

Just a quick good morning to all ya ladies .

Beth- I'm really looking forward to the new exchange .

Tina- What a B**CH!! But it's your income so what can you do . I just don't understand how people now and days don't have any common courtesy.

Sarah- I really hope you get the time off . But at least I get to see you in September .

Capri- Maybe my fat behind should join you. I really need to walk more. Hope you have a great birthday!!!

Vicki- Your mom is in my prayers. I'm sending lots of pixie dust that she is okay .
Old 08-27-2009, 01:05 PM   #703
fairykin

i say all kinds of monKey things
i just went *FaFiNkA~CLeeeeeeeeeeK*

I know someone you mentioned going to expo D23..

here is the updated schedule

http://d23.disney.go.com/expo/expo-schedule.html
Old 08-27-2009, 01:13 PM   #704
disney-inspired

Disney on the brain 24/7/365!
*grumble* stupid cm *grumble*

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney-super-mom View Post
Good Morning Ladies.

I'm just doing lots of school work today, trying to get it all done before heading off to Disneyland on Monday. I can't wait to peel my fat hiney from this office chair, get outside and start walking for six days (and it doesn't hurt that I'll be walking in Disneyland either). I'm really looking forward to the exercise. Does that seem weird that I'm looking forward to that? Well I can't help it. I've been tied to my laptop in my office doing school work practically all day, everyday, and I'm at the point that I need to get outside, get some fresh air, and MOVE. Plus, I bet I've gained 20 pounds since starting school. UGH!

Tina - Sorry that woman is such a rude, inconsiderate poop head to you. Good luck at the Italian Festival!

You're going to have a lot fun!

& poop head?
Old 08-27-2009, 01:26 PM   #705
sahbushka
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyFan View Post
Good morning, lovelies!

Again, thaks to all for the kind words.

So now I am in full panic mode, as the Italian Festival is this weekend, and we are running a booth selling grilled parmesan chicken sandwiches. It is so much work, and so much money out of pocket ahead of time, but we always end up selling 700-900 sandwiches, so I know I shouldn't worry.

Sarah--Big hugs to you! I'm really hoping your time off will come thru, and your hubby gets that job!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fairykin View Post
Tina..Big Hugs for You...You work so hard. Wow those sandwiches sound great! Wishes for lots of hungry people to your booth.

Sarah... Just the biggest of hugs..

Cheryl.. Can't wait to see the resturant gift certificates you got yesterday.. eerrmmm what i meant to say was..can't wait to eat the delicious food with those great resturant certificates!

Healing, Love and Light for all who need it.

Have a HaPpPy Day
Quote:
Originally Posted by disney-super-mom View Post
Good Morning Ladies.

Thanks everyone. I am really anxious to find out. If I don't end up getting to go at least my roomies will have 6 months to find a replacement. Concerning DH he has a phone interview with another company today and his other interview was rescheduled for next week so after weeks of nothing he is starting to get some interviews...thank goodness. I bet it has something to do with school starting up again. We live in a college town so there seems to be a big turn over this time of year when all the college kids go back to school.

Hope everyone is having a good day.

Sarah

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: