Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-26-2009, 06:44 PM   #676
mommaU4

The one who started it - DIS ladies do DLR
Well, I never said I wasn't insane. I just don't want them thinking that

Quote:
Originally Posted by KerTggr View Post
WOW! Thank you so much for this. One of our favorite places was on there & we ended up with $160 in gift certs for $14!
I saw that too earlier even before I saw Cheryl's post. lol I looked at them, but some of them are for dinner dine in only and they require you to spend a certain amount, as much as $50 not including tax, tip or alcohol. I'm not sure if I used them for just me and Ruben that we could eat that much. lol But it is a great deal, thanks Cheryl for posting it here.

And anyone who doesn't receive the Travelzoo emails, really should. I love them!! Getting the weekly Top 20 specials is like Christmas, you never know what's in there.
Old 08-26-2009, 06:50 PM   #677
CoMickey
Happy Dweedle... or is that Tweedle?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkermell View Post

Vicki, I sent one to you too, but your PM box was full.
Opps...sorry! I have cleaned it out now!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-26-2009, 06:51 PM   #678
Minnie&Nana
Dreams do come true!
Pretty darn charming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stacielee View Post
You can get one for your local area so you have the coupons to use at home. All they need to see is the card that comes in the front of the book. Make sure you get the 2009-2010 book. They are available at lots of school fundraisers and also at the Entertainment website.
Thank you!

Okay, looked it up...so it's that book! We had them when I was After School Director back in Cambridge - teachers could buy one for $15.00, but I never bought one because we'd never use the coupons.

This one is $35.00!! OMGosh! Beth suggested waiting in case I find a roomie who has one already - sounds like a really good idea now.

Old 08-26-2009, 08:18 PM   #679
Stacerita
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lulubelle View Post
Christine, we would never let you wander DL by yourself.
(unless of course that is what you wanted)

And yes, Beth will organize any sign ups. She is really good at keeping us on the ball.

As the time gets closer, we may have two options for most meals. It's really difficult to try and schedule over 30 ladies at one meal, but 10-12 is easy-peasy.

I thought the Storyteller breakfast last year was a huge success, but we did have 4 tables of 8 or something like that, didn't we?
For Storyteller I went through the manager there (I think his name was Jeff) and he was able to set it up to give us our own area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grumpyvet View Post
I must do the ANimation building, for reals.

My knee still sucks...but worked today. See the doctor Friday, need to be able to bend it 90 degrees (which I can) and straighten it by then (not even close).

My Doc told me the wear and tear on my cartilage is already pretty bad and I need to lose 40 lbs. Encouraging, don't you think??

OH well, once I have less pain, I will be back in the pool at least.

Night all!!

AmySue
Yep, you need to do the Animation Bldg.

I would hit my doc if he told me to lose weight. Just saying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoMickey View Post
Maybe after a couple of cocktails I would be able to draw better…something has to help!
Everything is better after a few cocktails.

Inappropriate graphics will be deleted from signatures.
Please remember this is a family-friendly site
Old 08-26-2009, 08:28 PM   #680
MommyWithDreams
What has the Dis done to me? I'm addicted to CROCS?
we've hit single digits baby!

Hi everyone! Hope everyone is well.
Kelly I'm still praying for you and hope every day gets easier for you.

Ayden started kindergarten today. FINALLY a first day of school that didn't involve TEARS and him having to be peeled away from me. He was so excited. As he lined up he just turned to me and waved bye. Oh here came the tears. I was so proud of him. He had such a good day!

Old 08-26-2009, 08:34 PM   #681
BillyFan
My white-trashiest chefy moment ever
I, for one have had a Billy Hill Buzz more once
And thanks so much for warming up the boyfriend for us

Quote:
Originally Posted by toocherie View Post
Drive by hi for me today--but wanted to let everyone know that restaurants.com is having a huge sale on their restaurant gift certificates--up to 80% off! I just bought over $400 of certificates for $50!

So if it shows up on the first screen as $4 for a $10 certificate--it's really only $2!

You have to put the word "SAVE" in the coupon box.

Here's the link:

http://entertainment.travelzoo.com/l...um=email_top20

Thanks, Cheryl. I'm going to check it out.

So I've had kind of crappy day, and I'm trying to get over it. I prepare meals for a family every Wednesday, and the woman I work for just isn't nice to me. She gives me her order at the very last minute, ignoring my emails and text messages telling her that I need it on Monday. So last night, after working all day, I was making a shopping list and menu/heating instructions for her at 9 p.m.!!!!!! This was after my final text to her at 3:30, to which she responded that she was napping, and would get back to me later.
And then when I got to her house, she wouldn't even say hello to me--just totally ignored me when I walked in the house and said hi to her! But she does that every week, so I should be used to that.
You would think that she'd at least be civil to the person who is preparing a week's worth of dinners for her family! Sheesh!

OK, I feel better now. Sorry you all had to read that!

Old 08-26-2009, 08:40 PM   #682
Queenbillabong
Second to the right and straight on til morning
Just like melted butter
We may need a table by the loo

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyFan View Post

So I've had kind of crappy day, and I'm trying to get over it. I prepare meals for a family every Wednesday, and the woman I work for just isn't nice to me. She gives me her order at the very last minute, ignoring my emails and text messages telling her that I need it on Monday. So last night, after working all day, I was making a shopping list and menu/heating instructions for her at 9 p.m.!!!!!! This was after my final text to her at 3:30, to which she responded that she was napping, and would get back to me later.
And then when I got to her house, she wouldn't even say hello to me--just totally ignored me when I walked in the house and said hi to her! But she does that every week, so I should be used to that.
You would think that she'd at least be civil to the person who is preparing a week's worth of dinners for her family! Sheesh!

Tina - I'm so sorry you had to deal with such a snotty attitude!! Some people make me wonder what they're thinking! If it were me, I'd be tempted to spit in something.......... okay, not really, but I'd WANT to do it If I was lucky enough to find someone in my area that would shop and cook for me, I'd be so grateful! Hey, wanna move to Canada any time soon????? I can promise I'd be super nice
Old 08-26-2009, 08:46 PM   #683
MommyWithDreams

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyFan View Post

That really stinks! Sounds so unappreciative! I would thank you and kiss the ground you walked on if you made us dinner a week at a time.!
Old 08-26-2009, 08:58 PM   #684
cccdisney
DIS Diva

Afternoon Ladies!
Hope everyone is having an awesome day!

Tina - that lady sounds like a snob. So sorry you have to deal with somebody like that on a regular basis!

So, Melody boo'd me! So very exciting! However, I can't seem to figure out how to get the little bouncy mickey pumpkin to my signature! I tried just copying and pasting but it doesn't do the smiliey. Am I missing something?

Thanks all!
Old 08-26-2009, 09:03 PM   #685
MommyWithDreams

Quote:
Originally Posted by cccdisney View Post
Afternoon Ladies!

Tina - that lady sounds like a snob. So sorry you have to deal with somebody like that on a regular basis!

So, Melody boo'd me! So very exciting! However, I can't seem to figure out how to get the little bouncy mickey pumpkin to my signature! I tried just copying and pasting but it doesn't do the smiliey. Am I missing something?

Thanks all!
I got Boo'd too and I have no idea how to add it either
Old 08-26-2009, 09:10 PM   #686
Queenbillabong
Second to the right and straight on til morning
Just like melted butter
We may need a table by the loo

Quote:
Afternoon Ladies!

Thanks all!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MommyWithDreams View Post
First right click on the picture of the bouncy pumpkin, then click on properties. Copy the URL address. Then on the Quick Links on the top right, click Edit Signature. Place your cursor where you want the pumpkin and then on the toolbar above, click on the Insert Image button (looks yellow with a mountain in the center). A box will pop open - paste the URL address you copied, then click OK. This will insert the bouncing pumpkin!!
Old 08-26-2009, 09:14 PM   #687
cccdisney
DIS Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommyWithDreams View Post
LOL! Well I am glad I am not the only one who can't figure it out! It is probably something really simple!

BTW - the picture of you and your son is adorable!
Old 08-26-2009, 09:31 PM   #688
MommyWithDreams

Quote:
LOL! Well I am glad I am not the only one who can't figure it out! It is probably something really simple!

BTW - the picture of you and your son is adorable!
yahooooo I did it!!!! Those steps were very easy to follow.

Thanks for the comment on the picture. I was very proud of him today.
Old 08-26-2009, 09:32 PM   #689
BillyFan
My white-trashiest chefy moment ever
I, for one have had a Billy Hill Buzz more once
And thanks so much for warming up the boyfriend for us

Thanks for the support, girls!

And I just followed Cheryl's link and gor $80 worth of gift certificates for $6.40!!!!!!!!!
Thanks, Cheryl!

Old 08-26-2009, 10:01 PM   #690
sahbushka
DIS Veteran

What an awful day. First I got a mass email that was sent out to everyone I work with that there will be no leave granted between Feb 10 and March 2nd! Then I talk to my dh and find out he got the time wrong for his interview today and was a 1/2 hour late so he didn't get to have his interview! I am not a happy camper. I talked to scheduling since I had already requested the days off and had them signed by a supervisor so he will talk to the person who sent the email and see if I can get the time off after all. I should find out friday. Also, my dh was able to reschedule the interview for next week, but we had to pay for childcare so he could go to this interview so now we will have to pay for childcare again! I am so peeved at him! GRRRRR!

Sarah

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: