Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-25-2009, 11:22 PM   #646
QueenDoOver
Dis Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by prettyprincessbelle View Post
Hey ladies, I need some hugs, pixie dust and just some moral support.

I've mentioned before that my parents have been having some financial troubles lately mainly because both of their incomes got cut at their jobs. Well last year we moved from a 4 bedroom house to a 2 bedroom apartment. The mortgage was getting too much (this was before my parent's pay cut) and the house was too big (always has been, we've been there since I was 2) for just the 3 of us. Since we were downgrading, my parents rented a storage unit. Well, my Mom goes to the storage to pay her bill and what does the lady tell her? "Sorry, we auctioned off all your stuff last week." Did we get a phone call? A letter that our payment was late? Anything? NOPE. A brand new HE washer and dryer. Gone. My grandparent's couches. Gone. My parent's dressers. Gone.

My Mom is in tears trying to find papers, bill statements, anything that shows her the last time she paid them. She remember she went in June to pay and the lady told her she can just pay half and that would be fine. The lady told my Mom today she sent us certified letters/bills. Did she have any copies of them? Nope. My Mom went to the post office and they don't have any letters/bills for us.

It's just material stuff. It can be fixed. I'll buy my parents all the washers and dryers in the world. I guess we're lucky all our personal stuff is here in the garage (my pageant dresses, all my grandmother's stuff, old pictures, etc.) and wasn't in that storage unit.

I'm just so MAD that the lady (or anyone working there) didn't make more of an effort to get a hold of us. Like washers and dryers and couches come from trees.

Thank you for letting me vent.
I'm so sorry Courtney! That stinks!
Old 08-25-2009, 11:34 PM   #647
mommaU4

The one who started it - DIS ladies do DLR
Well, I never said I wasn't insane. I just don't want them thinking that

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacerita View Post

Does anyone want to add a trip to the Animation Bldg after drinks at the Cove Bar? A few of us went last year and had a great time.
I'll add that too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney-super-mom View Post
Okay, you talked me into it. I'll wear a birthday button even though it will be a few days early.

Quote:
Originally Posted by karylrocks View Post
It looks like we will be choosing between doing the Tour or doing PFF and Ariels, since the Tour takes all morning and includes lunch. Is that correct?
Possibly. Let me see what the tour times are. I know there is a morning tour, but there might be a later tour too. I cannot remember right now.

Night ladies!!
Register to remove

Old 08-26-2009, 12:23 AM   #648
cheshiregirl

Prayers do work
Maseca!

Hi friends! I am just now home from my sedond 14 hour workday in a row and I have two more to get through before the week is over. But, catching up on the thread, I have been reminded to count my blessings as so many of you are going through much bigger trials and tribulations than I am as I survive the first week of having my students back on campus. Much love to you all!
Old 08-26-2009, 12:26 AM   #649
Queenbillabong
Second to the right and straight on til morning
Just like melted butter
We may need a table by the loo

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheshiregirl View Post
Hi friends! I am just now home from my sedond 14 hour workday in a row and I have two more to get through before the week is over. But, catching up on the thread, I have been reminded to count my blessings as so many of you are going through much bigger trials and tribulations than I am as I survive the first week of having my students back on campus. Much love to you all!
Hey Jane - it's the most wonderful time of the year!!! School is back in

Off topic - but has anyone ever stayed at the Beack Club Resort at WDW? I am considering booking a vacation there in 2010 and it looks beautiful, easy access to the parks and other resorts, awesome pool...... or is there something better to be had for around the same price?? We have never been, so this may very well be the one and only time we make it there - wanna make it great!!
Old 08-26-2009, 12:53 AM   #650
CaliforniaDreamer

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenbillabong View Post

Off topic - but has anyone ever stayed at the Beack Club Resort at WDW? I am considering booking a vacation there in 2010 and it looks beautiful, easy access to the parks and other resorts, awesome pool...... or is there something better to be had for around the same price?? We have never been, so this may very well be the one and only time we make it there - wanna make it great!!

Hey buddy! Yes, it was the resort I picked for our first and only trip to WDW (earlier this year). They just did a remodel so it was shiny clean. I picked it because I wanted to be close to Epcot.

On about.com there is a quiz you can take to find the best wdw resort for you. I was already thinking of Beach Club or Yacht Club and the quiz picked BC. Yacht Club is nice too but it wasn't remodeled at that time. It is now though, I'm sure.

We had a view of the water and the boardwalk across the way - we loved that. And the movies on the beach, the sounds, it was terrific.

KATIE: I'm so sorry to hear about your car. I think it's time for the universe to stop being mean to Katie. Stop it, I mean it!
D23 Expo
Miss Sally's birthday party
Halloween party diva meet
Girl's trip in Feb

Words from Dawn: "i have a strong connection to the earth."

Last edited by CaliforniaDreamer; 08-26-2009 at 01:01 AM.
Old 08-26-2009, 01:08 AM   #651
grumpyvet
DIS Veteran

Out of my hyfrocodone fog!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelmac284 View Post
Right now my biggest difficulty is just using the restroom. (sorry tmi). Right now it feels like I am passing acid everytime I go and I called my surgeon and he said unfortunately that is normal and said I could try to get some numbing stuff but until it heals there is not much I can do. And I am able to pee but it still hurts really bad too and I JUST got a call back from the ER and they said they found Ecoli of all things in my urine culture and so now they prescribed Levequin for 5 days. Anyway Beth I am sorry about your car. I know how much that sucks to have car troubles!! ((hugs))

Take care all and talk later!
Kelly, I have been reading of all your problems and major sympathy for pain "down there". I had surgery scheduled for fixing an anal fissure that had plagued me to varying degrees for about 9 months...an suddenly it healed itself. Unbelievable the pain...I would not have believed that your a****le could begin to hurt that much! But I really wanted to address the E Coli thing. In vet med, E.Coli is likely our most common pathogen in the bladder since the poo opening--loaded with E.Coli is rather close to the pee opening. So, bacteria ascend, and there you have it...E. Coli infection!

Quote:

I've mentioned before that my parents have been having some financial troubles lately mainly because both of their incomes got cut at their jobs. Well last year we moved from a 4 bedroom house to a 2 bedroom apartment. The mortgage was getting too much (this was before my parent's pay cut) and the house was too big (always has been, we've been there since I was 2) for just the 3 of us. Since we were downgrading, my parents rented a storage unit. Well, my Mom goes to the storage to pay her bill and what does the lady tell her? "Sorry, we auctioned off all your stuff last week." Did we get a phone call? A letter that our payment was late? Anything? NOPE. A brand new HE washer and dryer. Gone. My grandparent's couches. Gone. My parent's dressers. Gone.

I'm just so MAD that the lady (or anyone working there) didn't make more of an effort to get a hold of us. Like washers and dryers and couches come from trees.

Totally sucks. You guys must be feeling so betrayed. Storage units are notorious for this kind of thing. My DH stored his 66 corvette (don't be picturing some beauty....this one needs WORK!) for a bit and was told by the manager...one day late, the car is MINE!!! She wasn't kidding. He was never late.

Quote:
Did you give the Dis Divas a shout out??
Does anyone want to add a trip to the Animation Bldg after drinks at the Cove Bar? A few of us went last year and had a great time.
I must do the ANimation building, for reals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toocherie View Post
Courtney--you might also call the Consumer Affairs division of the state.

Hark, did anyone else hear a lawyer voice?

Quote:

I have, I have!! I have stayed there two times and am going again in November. I am that spoiled!! We stayed at the Boardwalk last year and didn't like it as much. The pool is fantastic if you are a pool person. My whole family is water crazed and hit the pool in the rain when it was 55. The walk to EPCOT is to die for. We go there on a whim for a snack. The International gateway is quite close to the French Pastry shop!!

We have always rented a car to go to Walmart and the like. We use it also for AK and MK, but ride the boat to DS or walk and walk to EPCOT.

The only other resort we stayed in was POFQ which was cute and fun, but nothing like the BC....Art the greeter, Lilo and Stitch in the lobby, the movies on the beach, all good.

My knee still sucks...but worked today. See the doctor Friday, need to be able to bend it 90 degrees (which I can) and straighten it by then (not even close).

My Doc told me the wear and tear on my cartilage is already pretty bad and I need to lose 40 lbs. Encouraging, don't you think??

OH well, once I have less pain, I will be back in the pool at least.

Night all!!

AmySue
Old 08-26-2009, 05:41 AM   #652
Minnie&Nana
Dreams do come true!
Pretty darn charming!

Quote:
Okay, you talked me into it. I'll wear a birthday button even though it will be a few days early. I'm not sure why I still feel guilty about it though.....Catholic guilt maybe? LOL.
If I can do it, so you can, I promise...(and I'm a former nun!).

In all honesty, I did feel kind of guilty. With every free dessert I had the urge to say, "wait, it's not really my birthday".

When our waitress at Kona brought out a very special dessert I did whisper the truth to her, but she said, "It's even better that you could come and celebrate now!" That made the difference and I enjoyed all the wishes/treats all day. It was like I'd been freed from the Catholic Guilt (temporarily anyway).

I'm excited for you and can't wait to hear all about your day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenbillabong
Theresa, we've stayed there a few times too! The rooms are smaller than the Polynesian, Contemporary or Grand Floridian, but larger than AKL or WL (AKL & WL rooms are the same size as CBR rooms, a moderate).

What is great about the Beach Club is location, location, location! And it has what is essentially it's own water park, if your family enjoys the pool.

If a balcony is important, not all rooms have a full balcony and if view is important (it is to us), some std rooms have a view of a graveled rooftop - glaringly awful. A request for a volley ball court view will take care of that - it is a std view, a very close walk to International Gateway...great room location. Best location we had at BC. Of course, if you book a water view , then it will be lovely (still could have a step out balcony though). A full balcony can also be a request.

It is a great resort - if you are not doing the DDP and/or will rent a car, another great option in the same area for far less $$ is the Swan or Dolphin. These always have discounted rates for anyone in the education field, nurses, military and usually a DIS ad with a discount. Often those rooms can be had for the price of a WDW moderate.

Sorry....TMI. I know nothing about DL, but we've stayed at almost every WDW resort multiple times. If I can answer any questions, will be happy to try.

AmySue, I can't believe you went back to work already. Do take care!

Off topic ~ A sad morning...Senator Ted Kennedy has passed. I know not everyone liked him, and he had some personal issues many years ago, but he worked harder than anyone for the working poor and working class and most especially, those without a voice.. Many Republicans and Democrats alike loved and respected him. RIP, Teddy.

Have a good Wednesday, ladies!

Old 08-26-2009, 09:49 AM   #653
tinkermell
Th boards are going nuts!
Beware of the stalkers

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelmac284 View Post
Afternoon all! Thanks again to all my dear friends who have wished me well. I wish I could say I was feeling better but such is not the case. I have times where I think I am starting to feel better but then I go downhill again. The nights are the worst for some reason although last night was the first night since the surgery that I got at least SOME sleep. Shane has been a trooper and has given me the bed as I DEF need it to spread out with all my pillows and such. I can't get comfortable etc.

Right now my biggest difficulty is just using the restroom. (sorry tmi). Right now it feels like I am passing acid everytime I go and I called my surgeon and he said unfortunately that is normal and said I could try to get some numbing stuff but until it heals there is not much I can do. And I am able to pee but it still hurts really bad too and I JUST got a call back from the ER and they said they found Ecoli of all things in my urine culture and so now they prescribed Levequin for 5 days. Apparently that was the pill they gave me at the ER but now I need it for longer and the pyridium they gave me (stuff that turns your pee orange) isn't even working! So Shane is going to pick those up tonight on his way home and hopefully I will get SOME relief soon.
Take care all and talk later!
Kelly, I hope you are feeling better today. The one and only time we went to WDW, my future SIL had Ecoli. He left with us feeling pretty bad, but thought it was just stomach flu. The first morning there, his temp rose to 105! He spent his first few days at the hospital in Celebration. Poor thing..............he was miserable. So you need to take care, and get everything back in order. Especially the infections!! Hugs and prayers to out to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendylady36 View Post
Happy Tuesday lovely Divas!

I have been in such a funk lately, I just don't know what to do with myself anymore. Unfortunately, I'm stuck with myself so I'll just have to deal with it.

Melody, tackle hug!
Tackle hugs back to you. I hope you feel better today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinker_ View Post
Thank I will check those two out and see how much my airfare is- I cant fly out of Arkansas bc the airports here are basically like getting in a sardine can and being shot out of a slingshot.. so I always fly out of DFW or OKC! haha!
That funny!!

Thanks!! I have been wanting to come to DLR for a looong time. (I hope no one takes offense to this) but Disney is like a way of living to me (create magic- pay it forward- follow your dreams).. and being able to go to DLR is like going to the Holy Land! And you guys would all have to bring tissues for me bc I would just be crying my eyes out the whole trip! haha! But in a good way!
Nothing wrong with this at all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahbushka View Post
So I was just filmed for a CBP recruiting video! Crazy!

Sarah
Will you see yourself on the tube up by you? You are famous!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cccdisney View Post
Afternoon ladies! Hope everyone is doing well.
I am really missing DLR right now! My DH and oldest DS took a short trip down there in late July. Then my sister took my DD in mid-August. I want a turn! But I will need to wait until November. We are going as a family the week before Thanksgiving. We went during this week last year and it was great!
AND we are in the beginning stages of planning a trip to WDW!!!
This would be for November 2010! Still - as some of you know - it takes alot more planning to do a trip to WDW!
Lucky ducky!!!

Quote:

My Mom is in tears trying to find papers, bill statements, anything that shows her the last time she paid them. She remember she went in June to pay and the lady told her she can just pay half and that would be fine. The lady told my Mom today she sent us certified letters/bills. Did she have any copies of them? Nope. My Mom went to the post office and they don't have any letters/bills for us.

It's just material stuff. It can be fixed. I'll buy my parents all the washers and dryers in the world. I guess we're lucky all our personal stuff is here in the garage (my pageant dresses, all my grandmother's stuff, old pictures, etc.) and wasn't in that storage unit.

Vent all you want Courtney. This whole things sounds extremely fishy, fishy, fishy!! From the sound of some of these ladies, it looks like a practice these storage places do alot. Not good.

You can give your parents and yourself a big hug from all of us here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaKate View Post
Hello everyone. I know I've missed tons lately, but I'm starting to get a little more control of my life and was able to skim back a little.
I was without a car for 4 days (which seemed like forever). My car got totaled while parked at my sisters house (someone side swiped it at full speed). Since I don't have a job I couldn't get financed for a new car (banks won't touch you with no job). I had to find a car I could pay cash for. So I went from having a car that was less than 2 years old to a used Toyota Camry with with over 150,000. The good thing is I had GAP insurance on the other car so I don't owe anything & I no longer have a car payment. The bad thing is, I'm so afraid the car will break at any minute. It runs fine, but I'm still nervous. But Toyota's are usually reliable.

Besides that I've had a lot of family stress so I'm just trying to stay sane.

Oh, the baby got her first tooth last week. She has one tooth on the top front so I call her snaggle-tooth .
Gee Katie........alot has been going on. Won't insurance help with a new car?

YOUr snaggle-tooth sounds precious!!

Quote:
Katie - post a pic of snagle tooth please. Babies are so cute like that.

Quote:
Me me!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lulubelle View Post

PS I didn't mean to imply my DD is anything but an angel. I love her to pieces, but anyone that knows us really does know she is spoiled to death. Derservingly so.
I have the same thing with my youngest. Since she is 11 years behind her siblings, she is quite spoiled too. But no one thinks she is a brat. There is a difference!!!

Quote:
Okay, you talked me into it. I'll wear a birthday button even though it will be a few days early. I'm not sure why I still feel guilty about it though.....Catholic guilt maybe? LOL.
Wear your badge with pride and no guilt please!!

Quote:
It looks like we will be choosing between doing the Tour or doing PFF and Ariels, since the Tour takes all morning and includes lunch. Is that correct?
I think you are right Carol!

Quote:
Yowza!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheshiregirl View Post
So true Jane!! Hey, I forgot.........are you a teacher? What grade do you teach?

Quote:

It sounds great. When we there, I thought if we ever returned, I would like to stay there, or at the Boardwalk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grumpyvet View Post

My knee still sucks...but worked today. See the doctor Friday, need to be able to bend it 90 degrees (which I can) and straighten it by then (not even close).

My Doc told me the wear and tear on my cartilage is already pretty bad and I need to lose 40 lbs. Encouraging, don't you think??

OH well, once I have less pain, I will be back in the pool at least.

Night all!!

AmySue
AmySue, take care, and keep bending that knee!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie&Nana View Post
If I can do it, so you can, I promise...(and I'm a former nun!).

In all honesty, I did feel kind of guilty. With every free dessert I had the urge to say, "wait, it's not really my birthday".

When our waitress at Kona brought out a very special dessert I did whisper the truth to her, but she said, "It's even better that you could come and celebrate now!" That made the difference and I enjoyed all the wishes/treats all day. It was like I'd been freed from the Catholic Guilt (temporarily anyway).
:
I've heard over and over again, that it doesn't have to be your actual birthday to get the badges and celebrate. Which makes sense. How many people would like to celebrate at DL, but can not make it on their real date? Not many!!
By the way.....it is nice to have some official WDW vets among us. That goes for Tinker too!!
Old 08-26-2009, 09:55 AM   #654
tinkermell
Th boards are going nuts!
Beware of the stalkers

Good morning everyone else!!!

How come I can't talk in color anymore?
Old 08-26-2009, 09:55 AM   #655
prettyprincessbelle
I'm just excited for the BBQ! Yum YUM!
Pots and pans? Seriously?!

Good morning girls. Again, thank you for all the kind words and hugs. My Mom called the storage place this morning at 6:30 and left message and is going to call again at 9:00. She’s requesting they fax over a copy of the contract she signed, a payment history printout, and a copy of the letters they sent us (thanks Cheryl!). She’s also going back to the post office (she went yesterday) and is going to see again if any certified letters were left for us. When she went yesterday she talked to the man and he said if the certified letters were sent correctly, the PO would have a record of when they were sent and if they were delivered. My Dad had called the storage place yesterday and requested the tracking numbers for the certified letters they allegedly sent us and my Mom tracked them online and there is no record of those numbers. I’ll keep you girls posted today after my Mom calls the storage at 9.

Quote:
Courtney, I think something fishy is going on too and your parents got burned. I agree with Cheryl; you're parents should pursue this and get to the bottom of what happened. I'm so sorry that happened to all of you!
Thank you, Capri.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyFan View Post
Courtney and Katie--I'm so sorry. Big hugs to both of you.
Thanks Tina!!!

Quote:
I totally understand that your mom doesn't want to deal with all this right now, she must be feeling just terrible! Sometimes it just seems like one thing after another and you wonder when it will end. I do hope that she will pursue the issue though because it sounds like they do not have any record of the certified letters and should be held accountable, especially if you were not late enough on your payments to warrent what they did.
Thank you so much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordansmomma View Post
Ugh...this happened to my friend Amber about 3 months ago. EVERYTHING was gone!! She only moved what she needed into her parents house. All her 2 childrens babystuff that she was keeping GONE!! Furniture gone. Personal items gone. She is now suing the storage place. They have changed their story 5 times. Said they sent certified mail/bills but there was nothing ever delivered to her.

I hope they get your parents situation figured out. I could only imagine how frustrating it is.
Wow how terrible for your friend. Good for her for suing!!

Quote:
Courtney--I know your Mom doesn't want to deal with this right now but I would demand evidence of the letters they claim to have sent--before they have time to "manufacture" it. Hugs to you and your family.
That’s what I told her last night, I was getting frustrated because she didn’t want to deal with it. She’s calling as soon as they open today to demand all of that. Thank you so much Cheryl.

Quote:
Wonderful idea, thank you!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenDoOver View Post
I'm so sorry Courtney! That stinks!
Thanks Tracey!

Quote:
Originally Posted by grumpyvet View Post
Totally sucks. You guys must be feeling so betrayed. Storage units are notorious for this kind of thing. My DH stored his 66 corvette (don't be picturing some beauty....this one needs WORK!) for a bit and was told by the manager...one day late, the car is MINE!!! She wasn't kidding. He was never late.
Oh my gosh, how terrible. Did she take his car? Wow, I would be livid!
Old 08-26-2009, 10:20 AM   #656
BillyFan
My white-trashiest chefy moment ever
I, for one have had a Billy Hill Buzz more once
And thanks so much for warming up the boyfriend for us

Good morning girls!

Sorry I can't chat, but I'm off to my job. I'll check in tonight.

Much love to all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 08-26-2009, 10:23 AM   #657
fairykin

i say all kinds of monKey things
i just went *FaFiNkA~CLeeeeeeeeeeK*

Katie.. i just want to say that you have shown real grace and strength throughout this year with all the hardships and adversities you have faced. I pray next year is kind to you with many blessings.

Amysue... i knew you would be back at work..i knew it! You take good care of You! Have you ever thought of having your own mobile vet clinic? They are really popular in texas.

Courtney... Cheryl gave you some good information.. be proactive ... in regards to reactionary measures.. go look at some of the antique stores for your grandparents couches.. and your parents dresser.. it sounds wrong even typing it.. yet perhaps you might can buy one piece back for sentimental sake. I am sorry this happened to your family

Oohh i am looking forward to doing Animation studio for the first time on this trip... there is so much i haven't ever done. I guess that's why i'm never in a rush to do everything..i like having new things to discover.

Maybe we should make a sign up sheet for the different meals.
I'm going to cove bar this year!

I just saw Maryjo on our October thread..it made me so happy to see her posts. She has such a sweet nature and a really good heart.
Old 08-26-2009, 10:26 AM   #658
Minnie&Nana
Dreams do come true!
Pretty darn charming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkermell View Post
Good morning everyone else!!!

How come I can't talk in color anymore?
Same thing happened to me! No color!! It happened a few months back too and I checked the tech board - a few others experienced the same thing, including a moderator, but no one ever commented on it being resolved. Never know when I'll have color.

Not working today...sigh..oh,well!

Old 08-26-2009, 10:32 AM   #659
Minnie&Nana
Dreams do come true!
Pretty darn charming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairykin View Post
Maybe we should make a sign up sheet for the different meals.
I'm going to cove bar this year!
Wonderful idea, Dawn. Thank you for thinking of a sign up sheet. I am a bit confused and a little intimidated by all the goings on and not sure how to join in...wouldn't want to be wandering around DL alone.

P.S. Almost forgot -thank you to everyone who is organizing, especially Beth. Would be delighted to help however possible!

Last edited by Minnie&Nana; 08-26-2009 at 11:12 AM. Reason: eta
Old 08-26-2009, 11:35 AM   #660
lulubelle
I am Miss Klutz Woman
We could seriously have a Pirate Party in there!
As far as pants go, we were not allowed to wear them

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie&Nana View Post
Wonderful idea, Dawn. Thank you for thinking of a sign up sheet. I am a bit confused and a little intimidated by all the goings on and not sure how to join in...wouldn't want to be wandering around DL alone.

P.S. Almost forgot -thank you to everyone who is organizing, especially Beth. Would be delighted to help however possible!
Christine, we would never let you wander DL by yourself.
(unless of course that is what you wanted)

And yes, Beth will organize any sign ups. She is really good at keeping us on the ball.

As the time gets closer, we may have two options for most meals. It's really difficult to try and schedule over 30 ladies at one meal, but 10-12 is easy-peasy.

I thought the Storyteller breakfast last year was a huge success, but we did have 4 tables of 8 or something like that, didn't we?

DH~You will forever be in my heart
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: